Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Nikkih wrote: Β»
    I feel like the kitchen stuff should have come with Cool Kitchen. That pack has more hair and clothes and that ice cream thing than it has stuff for your kitchen.

So we finally agree 🀣 @SimmerGeorge

@Nikkih There had to be at least one thing we agreed on :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I feel like the kitchen stuff should have come with Cool Kitchen. That pack has more hair and clothes and that ice cream thing than it has stuff for your kitchen.

So we finally agree 🀣 @SimmerGeorge

@Nikkih There had to be at least one thing we agreed on :lol:

I know ae 🀣 @SimmerGeorge
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'm really excited for the vacuum actually, judge away all you like. :D

Anything to make my sims lives harder and not an easy utopia is welcome, and that's why I like laundry too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    logion wrote: Β»

credit to thepancake1 for the pictures.

I know I complained that we had too many stuff packs... but this is not what I expected. This is getting closer and closer to microtransactions for me and I don't want microtransactions for the sims...

First of all Micro Transactions IS EA. And basically all of mobile and AAA gaming industry. I mean they prefer loot boxes because then they can literally cause people with gambling problems to spend hundreds of dollars, but micro transactions is an essential part of being a billion dollar company getting tax breaks.

But, seeing these three screenshots is a "No" to me. I was curious about the fitness pack, but I was expecting proper 80's fitness video gear, not... whatever those tents are? More Jane Fonda and less Fresh Prince?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Anything to make my sims lives harder and not an easy utopia is welcome, and that's why I like laundry too.

To be honest I really dont know how to feel about this 🀣 if its expensive it's not happening, I'm putting my size 4 foot down, I'm not buying it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ @Zeldaboy180
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member

i like sims having harder life and mess but i don't really like to add machines in my sims house so i wish it still has different ways to clean than just vacuums
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    Ooh we might get a gumball machine for the good of price Β£5 πŸ€£πŸ™„πŸ˜‚
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2021
    logion wrote: Β»

credit to thepancake1 for the pictures.

I know I complained that we had too many stuff packs... but this is not what I expected. This is getting closer and closer to microtransactions for me and I don't want microtransactions for the sims...

First of all Micro Transactions IS EA. And basically all of mobile and AAA gaming industry. I mean they prefer loot boxes because then they can literally cause people with gambling problems to spend hundreds of dollars, but micro transactions is an essential part of being a billion dollar company getting tax breaks.

But, seeing these three screenshots is a "No" to me. I was curious about the fitness pack, but I was expecting proper 80's fitness video gear, not... whatever those tents are? More Jane Fonda and less Fresh Prince?

Yeah, EA loves microtransactions. A large portion of their revenue are just microtransactions.

I think the dust kit looks okay, but country kitchen just makes me think of farms and the throwback fit kit just feels like more workout clothes that doesn't even fit the theme.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Awww, the new kitchen reminds me of the TS3 Provence store set! I need this NOW. Take my money.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    https://simsvip.com/2021/02/25/official-leak-maxis-to-introduce-kit-packs-to-the-sims-4/

Seems like an interesting concept, it looks like there will be different kinds of kits each focusing on one area of the game, either Build/Buy, CAS, or Gameplay. Bust the Dust seems to only include new gameplay, Country Kitchen seems to only add BB, and Throwback Fit seems to only add CAS.

I'm going to wait a little longer for more details before I decide this is something I like or not, I hope they offer kit bundles so you can get a bunch of kits for the price of a Stuff Pack or something like that, kind of like a building your own stuff pack.

@Nikkih I'm getting war-flashbacks from the Sims 3 Store :lol:
    edited February 2021
    One of the kitchen photos on Simsvip shows old items from the Cool Kitchen SP though.

BTW this is the most complete "leak" ever in TS. If this wasn't intended, it's an epic marketing disaster.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Woah, I'm gone for an hour and I come back to this. What on earth. Interesting concept but we will see what the execution is like...
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    One of the kitchen photos on Simsvip shows old items from the Cool Kitchen SP though.

BTW this is the most complete "leak" ever in TS. If this wasn't intended, it's an epic marketing disaster.

They always show old stuff when promoting new stuff.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited February 2021

@Nikkih I'm getting war-flashbacks from the Sims 3 Store :lol:

Me too 🀣 oh dear, if the content isnt expensive, it might be a good thing, although I agree with you that the kitchen stuff should've been in cool kitchen instead of lots of hairstyles πŸ˜‚ and the vacuum shouldve of been in laundry day, but if it's as expensive as the sims 3 store oh my goodness what are they thinking ?, this could also be a taster of what's coming in the sims 5 @SimmerGeorge

They always show old stuff when promoting new stuff.

Simsvip took the photo offline.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg whaaaaaaaaat?!!! I want the dust kit so bad!!!!! I can never have too much trash 😱😱😱😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited February 2021
    Dude this is a disaster. More splitting up of content? What?

Nothing wrong with having niche content. As someone who doesn’t use CC, I’m glad to see the kits coming out...... I want a gothic clothes style kit.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
    I also don't see how the new "Kits" are necessary when we already have Expansions packs, Game packs AND Stuff packs.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Meh. I'll wait and see before I judge. The Sims 3 Store had some stuff that didn't feel like a rip and some that did. I liked the gameplay objects when they finally started showing up. If these are like half-SPs and priced accordingly, seems okay.

Another thing that I keep reminding myself now is that for console players, CC isn't an option. There's possibly more demand for content that might be CC-similar than there was pre-console.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    To all the people saying it's microtransactions it's no different than the ts3 store. I actually like this. Easy to pick and choose what you want in your game just like store content. Plus the old days of micro free games are NEVER coming back I promise you. Wait till ts5 πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

I agree, I also would love a comeback of the store. The TS3 store sets often were far better (and eccentric) than everything in the packs. And after 67 years of lockdown I need opportunities to spend my money for senseless things :-).
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    To all the people saying it's microtransactions it's no different than the ts3 store. I actually like this. Easy to pick and choose what you want in your game just like store content. Plus the old days of micro free games are NEVER coming back I promise you. Wait till ts5 πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

I hated the store, it was such an obvious ripoff. Just like skins bought with real money in certain other games.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2021
    I also don't see how the new "Kits" are necessary when we already have Expansions packs, Game packs AND Stuff packs.

Smaller niches? Each pack size needs to fit a theme. Stuff that someone comes up with an idea for might never happen if there's not a good package to fit it into. A smaller package size (which this looks to be from what's leaked) could let some of those things get to us.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited February 2021
    To all the people saying it's microtransactions it's no different than the ts3 store. I actually like this.

thats exactly why i do not want it.
    traumas from ts3 store.

definitely don't want that back.

especially because I already foresee they will probably find this new excuse to shove occults and other interesting stuff in even smaller packs of no gameplay

heck might just end up with dragons kit where dragons are again reskinned bird for which btw first they make bird kit that is separate

p_p yes ive seen the scheme EA
    don't you dare do that to ts4
    dragon valley was mean enough
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free