Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ep5?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Don't understand how some people can see Seasons as a GP. We need all the gameplay and the biggest world possible. There'll be riots if Seasons was a GP, or even more so if each season was sold individually.

Seasons does not require a world though.

I think them having to rework all the plum backdrops and everything for every released world so far is already a huge undertaking by itself.

I wish it would be a GP, just to see it sooner, but probably it is too big for that.

Being a GP wouldn't make it sooner and they would need to cut a lot of the important stuff I want in a Seasons pack, so no, Seasons must be an EP.

Being a GP would at least give it a chance to come out sooner... just because we only get 1 EP a year, and multiple GP's a year.

If it IS just an EP, and if they continue with the one/year cycle; we will maybe see it at LEAST in november this year. I am pretty confident we'll get at least one or two GP's right before that.

But don't worry, because like I said: it probably will not be a GP anyway.

IF
    seasons is coming, we don't know when it's scheduled to drop. So regardless of whether it's a GP or EP, it will be released when it is released. And shrinking it down to a GP just because you want it a month or two sooner, is absolutely no reason to cut out a lot of great features that you would miss in a seasons pack.

It's not about what I want, and the cutting of great features is a tradition anyway with TS4. Look at Pets. Cutting galore. They didn't even bother implementing decent genetics when it comes to Pets.

And just to be clear; I also do prefer a Seasons EP much more than a GP. Seasons has always been my favorite pack, so yes, I also prefer to see it well done and complete. It's just pure plum that we have to wait a year for one EP to come out.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Don't understand how some people can see Seasons as a GP. We need all the gameplay and the biggest world possible. There'll be riots if Seasons was a GP, or even more so if each season was sold individually.

Seasons does not require a world though.

I think them having to rework all the plum backdrops and everything for every released world so far is already a huge undertaking by itself.

I wish it would be a GP, just to see it sooner, but probably it is too big for that.

Being a GP wouldn't make it sooner and they would need to cut a lot of the important stuff I want in a Seasons pack, so no, Seasons must be an EP.

Being a GP would at least give it a chance to come out sooner... just because we only get 1 EP a year, and multiple GP's a year.

If it IS just an EP, and if they continue with the one/year cycle; we will maybe see it at LEAST in november this year. I am pretty confident we'll get at least one or two GP's right before that.

But don't worry, because like I said: it probably will not be a GP anyway.

IF
    seasons is coming, we don't know when it's scheduled to drop. So regardless of whether it's a GP or EP, it will be released when it is released. And shrinking it down to a GP just because you want it a month or two sooner, is absolutely no reason to cut out a lot of great features that you would miss in a seasons pack.

It's not about what I want, and the cutting of great features is a tradition anyway with TS4. Look at Pets. Cutting galore. They didn't even bother implementing decent genetics when it comes to Pets.

And just to be clear; I also do prefer a Seasons EP much more than a GP. Seasons has always been my favorite pack, so yes, I also prefer to see it well done and complete. It's just pure plum that we have to wait a year for one EP to come out.

Then start a thread requesting two EPs a year. I can't hurt.
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if when we do get seasons that it is missing a lot of key features, that whats been happening with all of the packs for Sims 4. Honestly, all I'm hoping for in 2018 from the sims 4 is at least one pack that has all the features that we've had in the past.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if when we do get seasons that it is missing a lot of key features, that whats been happening with all of the packs for Sims 4. Honestly, all I'm hoping for in 2018 from the sims 4 is at least one pack that has all the features that we've had in the past.

Unfortunately Maxis is dead set on doing whatever they can to be ‘different’ even if that involves cutting popular features.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I hope the next pack has a theme we never had before. Nearly all the eps we've gotten weren't anything new. Get to Work was an equivalent of Ambitions (with less and buggier content ;) ), City Living is similar to Late Night, so is Get Together. And now that we have pets, I would love some more exiting content. I would personally like a Time Travel pack, maybe with the option to travel to the past AND the future.

I am indifferent about Seasons though. On one hand, it would be a great addition to the game, but I am afraid that it wouldn't include toggles to disable certain weather effects/seasons in some worlds (You know Sims 4 doesn't have it this much with toggles, and snow in Oasis Springs would be a deal breaker for me ;( ) I don't even think that Seasons in an ep would be worth it. What could be added besides weather? The seasons ep for TS3 always seemed a bit lackluster for me, so maybe it would be better suited for a gp instead, but that's just my opinion about that.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Personally I don't care if its a EP or GP. Some GP's are really good so being a GP wouldn't have to mean Seasons is poorly done. Looking at past sims 4 EP's, we know it will never have all the features of a previous Seasons. What interests me is how weather would be implemented. For me it really needs to be implemented in all worlds.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    Quit saying that it's okay to give up a world or that's what you'll get. I accept that Seasons won't need a world to show itself, but that doesn't mean I like the idea of giving one up.
    I hope Seasons has no world I'd gladly "give up" a world for the budget to be spent on game play instead of getting another world that offers nothing but space and new backdrops I need things to do in the worlds we already have.

Agree!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I hope the next pack has a theme we never had before. Nearly all the eps we've gotten weren't anything new. Get to Work was an equivalent of Ambitions (with less and buggier content ;) ), City Living is similar to Late Night, so is Get Together. And now that we have pets, I would love some more exiting content. I would personally like a Time Travel pack, maybe with the option to travel to the past AND the future.

I am indifferent about Seasons though. On one hand, it would be a great addition to the game, but I am afraid that it wouldn't include toggles to disable certain weather effects/seasons in some worlds (You know Sims 4 doesn't have it this much with toggles, and snow in Oasis Springs would be a deal breaker for me ;( ) I don't even think that Seasons in an ep would be worth it. What could be added besides weather? The seasons ep for TS3 always seemed a bit lackluster for me, so maybe it would be better suited for a gp instead, but that's just my opinion about that.

What a lie. Get to Work has had so many bugs. From unplayable careers to faulty AI to broken retail, inability to edit career lots because the probability of breaking the game is like 99%. And I haven't had any bugs playing Ambitions, ever. I have heard about a police station bug where sims don't come back from the rabbit hole but that's it.

I don't even understand how travelling through time would be new? We have that in TS3. Back? I have Sims Medieval.

I do want to see them do something new however.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

What a lie. Get to Work has had so many bugs. From unplayable careers to faulty AI to broken retail, inability to edit career lots because the probability of breaking the game is like 99%. And I haven't had any bugs playing Ambitions, ever. I have heard about a police station bug where sims don't come back from the rabbit hole but that's it.

I don't even understand how travelling through time would be new? We have that in TS3. Back? I have Sims Medieval.

I do want to see them do something new however.

I think the poster meant that it had less content AND it was buggier.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    He said they were making it but not that it would be the next EP, and by his expressions one could deduce it's something not immediate. They indeed work on multiple packs at a time, it's inconceivable that they would finish Pets to start planning the following ones, it's just different stages of production.

My guess would be a Superstar alike. The superhero thing going on here just sounds too specific to be an abroad expansion, it fits the GPs way better. Same for supernaturals, Vampires coming alone was the clear signal for that.

EP5 might be Seasons if they're trying to avoid a riot hahaha Theeen in EP6 or 7 we may be seeing Grants' big wish.

Wonder how long it takes to even get EP6/EP7.

If seasons isn't EP5 is going to be a long long wait.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Monday wrote: »
    Considering Grant said that he 'thinks' they're making the one he wants, I'd wager he's definitely not talking about Seasons, because I figure Seasons is more of a 'when, not if' situation. Honestly, I hope that Seasons isn't an entire expansion. Make it GP related or the such, because I'd love to see Maxis try something new with whatever expansion packs are in the lineup. As to what? No idea, but if the post-apocalyptic setting is currently on their unobtainable wish list, I'm hoping they have some other more doable curiosities up their sleeves.

The superhero idea is interesting. I don't know if it's 'full Expansion Pack' level content, at least for me, but it's interesting none-the-less. Of course, if they threw in a full-sized, super cheesy superhero world, I'd be way in for that. A city variant maybe, but a more 50s styled town might be perfect (provided they can make it stand out from the overall 'cute suburbia' that is Willow Creek).
    LiELF wrote: »
    Superheroes or Myth and Magic. (I'm being very hopeful, haha)

I would buy a pack called Myth and Magic on the title alone. I don't even need to know what's inside, just give it to me. Hands down, I've decided. THIS is what I want. (After body hair.)

There's no way seasons could be a game pack. Seasons takes about as long as a pets expansion. They aren't going to sell years worth of effort and overhauls for 20 dollars.

Double post.
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Monday wrote: »
    Considering Grant said that he 'thinks' they're making the one he wants, I'd wager he's definitely not talking about Seasons, because I figure Seasons is more of a 'when, not if' situation. Honestly, I hope that Seasons isn't an entire expansion. Make it GP related or the such, because I'd love to see Maxis try something new with whatever expansion packs are in the lineup. As to what? No idea, but if the post-apocalyptic setting is currently on their unobtainable wish list, I'm hoping they have some other more doable curiosities up their sleeves.

The superhero idea is interesting. I don't know if it's 'full Expansion Pack' level content, at least for me, but it's interesting none-the-less. Of course, if they threw in a full-sized, super cheesy superhero world, I'd be way in for that. A city variant maybe, but a more 50s styled town might be perfect (provided they can make it stand out from the overall 'cute suburbia' that is Willow Creek).
    LiELF wrote: »
    Superheroes or Myth and Magic. (I'm being very hopeful, haha)

I would buy a pack called Myth and Magic on the title alone. I don't even need to know what's inside, just give it to me. Hands down, I've decided. THIS is what I want. (After body hair.)

There's no way seasons could be a game pack. Seasons takes about as long as a pets expansion. They aren't going to sell years worth of effort and overhauls for 20 dollars.

I agree with you.
    Season isn't going to end up as a game pack. Its one of the top most requested expansions ever since it was introduced in TS2 and it was popular in TS3TS3.
    No offence to people. But game pack isn't as big as expansions and they center around a perticulor theme

Parenting
    Vampires
    Dine out
    Spa day
    Outdoor restreate

All make sence and fit. How could they do a seasons, would normally have some big features. Could even fit in a game pack?

Seasons has a lot more themes and features. Not to mentions the 4 seasons.

How people feel that seasons of all packs would fit in a game pack and be even worth . I don't know.

GPs are great but not for packs like seasons. It will have less of everything if on a game pack.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Unfortunately Maxis is dead set on doing whatever they can to be ‘different’ even if that involves cutting popular features.

Lbr though, if they ditched the Vet career and added Horses and Small Pets with that budget instead, they would have been dragged more.

They were always going to undeliver to the “hard to please” crowd.

The choice was C&D or the Sims 3 Pets 2.0
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited January 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Lbr though, if they ditched the Vet career and added Horses and Small Pets with that budget instead, they would have been dragged more.

@jackjack_k
    The Vet is a reskin of restaurants. In no way would cutting Vets (a reskin of an already developed feature) allow them to add horses, maybe smaller pets though. You are inflating the cost of that. Most of the work was already done. First for retail, and then for dine out. Vet is the systems third go around and most of the issues plaguing the other two are still present which says they didn’t put a whole lot of work behind it.

“Undeliver” is not a word. Not sure what you mean, nor what context you are trying to insert it in. However, please stop trying to rationalize the BAD choices and BAD leadership at Maxis by shifting blame to “hard to please” customers. Perhaps customers are no longer falling for the endless deceptive and exaggerated marketing? It’s a great thing that players are “hard to please” maybe they’ll force Maxis into making better packs.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

@jackjack_k
    The Vet is a reskin of restaurants. In no way would cutting Vets (a reskin of an already developed feature) allow them to add horses, maybe smaller pets though. You are inflating the cost of that. Most of the work was already done. First for retail, and then for dine out. Vet is the systems third go around and most of the issues plaguing the other two are still present which says they didn’t put a whole lot of work behind it.

“Undeliver” is not a word. Not sure what you mean, nor what context you are trying to insert it in. However, please stop trying to rationalize the BAD choices and BAD leadership at Maxis by shifting blame to “hard to please” customers. Perhaps customers are no longer falling for the endless deceptive and exaggerated marketing? It’s a great thing that players are “hard to please” maybe they’ll force Maxis into making better packs.

Maybe they meant UNDERDELIVER.