Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ep5?

keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack or any sort of disaster survival pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, and thanks to SimGuruSarah's tweet we know University isn't in the works, and I don't think they would do another animal based pack like Horses or farming immediately after C&D, so I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Seriously? Wow. So... when are we getting Seasons? :(

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

I would like it to be a new theme but I have no idea what it could be...

There's a lot hints for seasons so I would expect that but maybe we won't get seasons next.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited October 2017
    I mean of course we could be getting seasons next, and he was just excited that his idea might be made at some point in the future, but it really did sound like he was really excited for the next EP, so who knows!

His exact response was 'I think we're going to make the one that I want to make more than anything.' 'The one I most want to make sincerely, we're making.. at some point, maybe.'
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I was really dissapointed about him saying the fallout style pack.. I was hoping that it could be a future pack. I hope it's either a farming pack or celebrity style pack. I feel like weather should be patched in and then individual themed game packs should be released for seasons featuring all the activities and a related world.
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    I was really dissapointed about him saying the fallout style pack.. I was hoping that it could be a future pack. I hope it's either a farming pack or celebrity style pack. I feel like weather should be patched in and then individual themed game packs should be released for seasons featuring all the activities and a related world.

I know, and I'm sure it stings coming right after that interview where they said they really wanted to make a fallout pack.

A celebrity/fame pack I could see him getting excited about because I think he really enjoyed working on Late Night, but I think it's too soon for another animal based pack like farming.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I think it's superheroes. Grant looks to me like a superhero lover type of dude.
    Moreover, superheroes were in one of the first surveys.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack or any sort of disaster survival pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, and thanks to SimGuruSarah's tweet we know University isn't in the works, and I don't think they would do another animal based pack like Horses or farming immediately after C&D, so I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

Grant obviously loves this Cats & Dogs pack and it's a "standard EP", as you say, so why couldn't it be seasons? You don't know how he feels about seasons and seasons usually follows a Pets pack.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    SGG worked a lot on Medieval, and there's all sorts of callbacks to it in 4. He's also said he's a big fan of mid-century design. Maybe a Time Travel pack?
    Can you imagine a 1950's style Sims world?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
    SGG worked a lot on Medieval, and there's all sorts of callbacks to it in 4. He's also said he's a big fan of mid-century design. Maybe a Time Travel pack?

We had a 50's retro furniture pack (all the rooms were included) back in S3, I'd love that pack to make an appearance in S4.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

We had a 50's retro furniture pack (all the rooms were included) back in S3, I'd love that pack to make an appearance in S4.

Was that the midcentury modern pack? That was one of my favourite store sets!

I think if they do a back in time historical EP it should be set further in the past, like victorian times or even medieval times.

Grant obviously loves this Cats & Dogs pack and it's a "standard EP", as you say, so why couldn't it be seasons? You don't know how he feels about seasons and seasons usually follows a Pets pack.

I don't know it just sounded like he was excited for something new, I also don't think seasons will be an EP, I think they could just about squeeze it into a GP.

Was that the midcentury modern pack? That was one of my favourite store sets!

I think if they do a back in time historical EP it should be set further in the past, like victorian times or even medieval times.

Isn't there a poodle skirt in C&D?

I don't know it just sounded like he was excited for something new, I also don't think seasons will be an EP, I think they could just about squeeze it into a GP.

There is no way a full seasons pack will fit into a GP. What would you be willing to give up, because I want it all.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I think it's superheroes. Grant looks to me like a superhero lover type of dude.
    Moreover, superheroes were in one of the first surveys.

God I really hope not :# The idea on paper could be cool but no way would they be able to do it justice in a life simulation like The Sims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think we first need important EP's and after we can get extra.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    They said they would like to do it, not that they will.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    Why does marketing even put out surveys if they are never going to make the packs they asked about. They may pick one or two ideas and they always change those ideas when they add them to packs or spread them around in different packs. People should just stop filling out the surveys, because you think, yay! that's sounds like a fun pack when you are voting but then they never, ever build it. :s

Point: If they never build the exact pack as described in surveys they should just stop asking.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I could see them splitting season up into several GP's
  • xDeeDeeRamoneXxDeeDeeRamoneX Posts: 35 Member
    I'd really love a music related EP. Like your sims can start a (Rock) band and maybe go on tour or something. And then you can add your own custom music when they play together so they play songs that you love. But maybe an EP is too big for that, so maybe a GP?
    tumblr_o0i3p4GEGP1tjydheo1_500.gif
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I mean of course we could be getting seasons next, and he was just excited that his idea might be made at some point in the future, but it really did sound like he was really excited for the next EP, so who knows!

His exact response was 'I think we're going to make the one that I want to make more than anything.' 'The one I most want to make sincerely, we're making.. at some point, maybe.'

I would be hyped for seasons so I think his reaction could be justified. It's definitely the expansion I want most (if it's done right I.e. seasons affecting every world)
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017

Really? He said no to the Survival Pack? That's odd. He mentioned wanting to do it in an interview before on Sims VIP. Unless that's a shady source and I'm unaware. I mean, I didn't expect that they'd actually do it, but he did mention the idea.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IqFql_wDiCc&t=19s

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    He said that they'd be making something he really wanted to make; he didn't say that that was the next pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why does marketing even put out surveys if they are never going to make the packs they asked about. They may pick one or two ideas and they always change those ideas when they add them to packs or spread them around in different packs. People should just stop filling out the surveys, because you think, yay! that's sounds like a fun pack when you are voting but then they never, ever build it. :s

Point: If they never build the exact pack as described in surveys they should just stop asking.

The exact pack.

Ideas change, for the better or worse, quite often. A few paragraphs doesn't describe a creation as complex as DLC content for a videogame. Even simple things. For example, they had the idea of hand holding, but it was scrapped because when Sims would walk into the pair holding hands, it apparently caused a buggy mess.
    He said that they'd be making something he really wanted to make; he didn't say that that was the next pack.

Not sure if you were referring to me, but nonetheless, I understand. I'm fairly new here, so I don't know Grant's style all that well. What kind of packs could he make? Superheroes sound interesting, though I hope it's not extremely wacky.

That's very true, although seeing as they don't work on more than one pack at a time, I'd assume he was talking about the next pack as it wouldn't yet be in development (or would it?)
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

That's very true, although seeing as they don't work on more than one pack at a time, I'd assume he was talking about the next pack as it wouldn't yet be in development (or would it?)

Good question. I was under the impression they plan the following year but not beyond that. I could have made that up lol