Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've got my fingers crossed for Seasons.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Its not something i would personally be interested in unless it was natural disasters. I would prefer seasons.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @LesboKnope said:
    > I'm sceptical about a Superhero pack. Not that I don't like superheroes, but I feel like playing one in the sims wouldn't be as fun as playing one in a game that focuses mainly on being a hero. I fear that it would be like WA where the whole grave exploring didn't really fit with the rest of the game.

I agree with you 100%. Superheroes could be a fun game on its own but (for me) not in the Sims. I felt the same about TS3 World Adventures - even though I enjoyed it, I only really used it in two save files that existed purely for playing World Adventures.

I don't mind supernatural packs or unrealistic/silly (i.e. typical Sims!) features but the expectation I have for those kinds of packs is that some of what they offer can also be incorporated in more realistic and typical Sims gameplay. Take Vampires, for example - I got the pack mainly for the amazing buy/build items. I do enjoy playing with vampires from time to time but not enough to want to buy a pack that offers nothing more than that.

My worry about a Superheroes pack would be that the objects included in it would be too over the top (sort of like TS3 movie stuff) so that I wouldn't be able to use them in just everyday Sims gameplay. So if the developers do decide to make a Superheroes pack, I hope it's a GP because there are quite a few classic EPs we are still waiting for. I don't mind them trying out something new like Get Together but there are some staples such as Seasons and University we've come to expect from the game.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    > @LesboKnope said:
    > I'm sceptical about a Superhero pack. Not that I don't like superheroes, but I feel like playing one in the sims wouldn't be as fun as playing one in a game that focuses mainly on being a hero. I fear that it would be like WA where the whole grave exploring didn't really fit with the rest of the game.

I agree with you 100%. Superheroes could be a fun game on its own but (for me) not in the Sims. I felt the same about TS3 World Adventures - even though I enjoyed it, I only really used it in two save files that existed purely for playing World Adventures.

I don't mind supernatural packs or unrealistic/silly (i.e. typical Sims!) features but the expectation I have for those kinds of packs is that some of what they offer can also be incorporated in more realistic and typical Sims gameplay. Take Vampires, for example - I got the pack mainly for the amazing buy/build items. I do enjoy playing with vampires from time to time but not enough to want to buy a pack that offers nothing more than that.

My worry about a Superheroes pack would be that the objects included in it would be too over the top (sort of like TS3 movie stuff) so that I wouldn't be able to use them in just everyday Sims gameplay. So if the developers do decide to make a Superheroes pack, I hope it's a GP because there are quite a few classic EPs we are still waiting for. I don't mind them trying out something new like Get Together but there are some staples such as Seasons and University we've come to expect from the game.

I agree, superheros in my opinion have been overdone in general over the past few years in movies and tv shows its become a bit meh now days. This isnt a pack that interests me personally. If this is something they do i would hope its a gamepack and doesnt take up an ep slot. People complain the active careers are boring, i can see superheros going the same ways with a list of tasks you have to complete like get to work careers.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I am 100% done spending money on this game til I see Seasons. So I anticipate not having to spend any money at all on Sims for a while, especially if Seasons is not next. Tired of waiting. Tired of buying content I don't actually care about just to make the game more interesting for me. They could bring out the most rockin superheroes pack or apocalypse or natural disasters... you name it... I won't be bothering to buy it until the content I really want is available.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited October 2017
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack or any sort of disaster survival pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, and thanks to SimGuruSarah's tweet we know University isn't in the works, and I don't think they would do another animal based pack like Horses or farming immediately after C&D, so I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

Just to shed some light on game development and be technical, he's most likely referring to the expansion AFTER the next one, because he said he THINKS they might do it next.

The next expansion pack is definitely already in the works. They work on multiple packs at a time.

Edit: I don't know where you got that they only work one on pack at a time. They definitely work on multiple.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AlanSims wrote: »
    We've had the Party themed packs (Get Together, City Living, Dine Out) and some Family play (Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Kids & Toddlers packs) so I think the next step here is something for Sims to do outside of home, hopefully a new vacation destination but a dystopian/disaster pack would be amazing to see as well.

How do you view any of those packs about partying?

Get together I can kind of see, but it's a pack about clubs. If you choose a party club then yeah. There is a quite a bit of party stuff in it.

But how on Earth are restaurants a party pack? City living definitely wasn't a party pack either.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm sur at 80% it will be Seasons. Hope I'm not wrong.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I really hope they go full out on seasons this time around. I want great plant sims and random natural disastrrs (not too often)
  • Options
    I hope the next ep is season
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We've had the Party themed packs (Get Together, City Living, Dine Out) and some Family play (Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Kids & Toddlers packs) so I think the next step here is something for Sims to do outside of home, hopefully a new vacation destination but a dystopian/disaster pack would be amazing to see as well.

Get together I can kind of see, but it's a pack about clubs. If you choose a party club then yeah. There is a quite a bit of party stuff in it.

But how on Earth are restaurants a party pack? City living definitely wasn't a party pack either.
    Get Together came with a DJ booth and a dance floor it defiantly had a party theme mixed into it. Sure overall it was about hanging out be it swimming playing board games or partying with friends but if you deny the party aspect you're lying to yourself. Also unless they lied the diving platform and don't wake the llama was added when they delayed the game so it was originally themed way more towards partying aspect of getting together at least new content wise.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    SimGuruGrant said on the latest livestream that possibly the next(?) EP could be an idea that he really wants to make, but he ruled out that it would be a dystopian fallout-esque pack or any sort of disaster survival pack, so what could he have been talking about? I don't think it's seasons because that's such a standard EP he wouldn't make a fuss over it, and thanks to SimGuruSarah's tweet we know University isn't in the works, and I don't think they would do another animal based pack like Horses or farming immediately after C&D, so I think it could be a whole new theme all together.

Just to shed some light on game development and be technical, he's most likely referring to the expansion AFTER the next one, because he said he THINKS they might do it next.

The next expansion pack is definitely already in the works. They work on multiple packs at a time.

Edit: I don't know where you got that they only work one on pack at a time. They definitely work on multiple.

Oh I thought I read Graham say that only SP's were worked on multiples at a time, and the bigger packs only went into development one at a time. I guess not! :confounded:
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Oh I thought I read Graham say that only SP's were worked on multiples at a time, and the bigger packs only went into development one at a time. I guess not! :confounded:
    I think I recall (might have been on the recent livestream) Grant saying something about them having had a team of 5 working on Pets pretty far back. I don't know if that team counted as part of the main dev lines, but it sounds like they sometimes have situations where there's a smaller team working on bits of something. I would bet that Seasons is a situation like that because it's so high demand by players and could present some unique technical hurdles that other stuff wouldn't.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options

I thought this too.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Considering Grant said that he 'thinks' they're making the one he wants, I'd wager he's definitely not talking about Seasons, because I figure Seasons is more of a 'when, not if' situation. Honestly, I hope that Seasons isn't an entire expansion. Make it GP related or the such, because I'd love to see Maxis try something new with whatever expansion packs are in the lineup. As to what? No idea, but if the post-apocalyptic setting is currently on their unobtainable wish list, I'm hoping they have some other more doable curiosities up their sleeves.

The superhero idea is interesting. I don't know if it's 'full Expansion Pack' level content, at least for me, but it's interesting none-the-less. Of course, if they threw in a full-sized, super cheesy superhero world, I'd be way in for that. A city variant maybe, but a more 50s styled town might be perfect (provided they can make it stand out from the overall 'cute suburbia' that is Willow Creek).
    LiELF wrote: »
    Superheroes or Myth and Magic. (I'm being very hopeful, haha)

I would buy a pack called Myth and Magic on the title alone. I don't even need to know what's inside, just give it to me. Hands down, I've decided. THIS is what I want. (After body hair.)
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would be surprised if all the pack teams did not have a PREP team that got the ball rolling once each theme had been decided. While the bulk of each team works on the pack, there are some that jump ahead to prepare for the next theme. I also believe that as a pack finishes up, the bulk of the team moves on to the next team while a few stay to clean up bugs and make fixes so the pack can go to the release stage. It is my opinion that no pack is 100% done before any part of the next is even discussed. That, IMO, would leave far too much down time in between each type of pack. To finish a pack and not have decided the next pack until it is totally finished and released would stretch each pack out even further.

We are seeing how a seemingly simple stuff pack can take a very long time during each stage of the process. I imagine the "talking" process to determine, which I believe happens at many points along the way, not just one and done, what goes into each pack takes longer than we believe.
  • Options
    > @Monday said:
    > Considering Grant said that he 'thinks' they're making the one he wants, I'd wager he's definitely not talking about Seasons, because I figure Seasons is more of a 'when, not if' situation. Honestly, I hope that Seasons isn't an entire expansion. Make it GP related or the such, because I'd love to see Maxis try something new with whatever expansion packs are in the lineup. As to what? No idea, but if the post-apocalyptic setting is currently on their unobtainable wish list, I'm hoping they have some other more doable curiosities up their sleeves.
    >
    > The superhero idea is interesting. I don't know if it's 'full Expansion Pack' level content, at least for me, but it's interesting none-the-less. Of course, if they threw in a full-sized, super cheesy superhero world, I'd be way in for that. A city variant maybe, but a more 50s styled town might be perfect (provided they can make it stand out from the overall 'cute suburbia' that is Willow Creek).
    > LiELF wrote: »
    >
    > Superheroes or Myth and Magic. (I'm being very hopeful, haha)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would buy a pack called Myth and Magic on the title alone. I don't even need to know what's inside, just give it to me. Hands down, I've decided. THIS is what I want. (After body hair.)

The superhero world you described made me think of Sin City which in turn made me think of TS3 Roaring Heights - and suddenly I'm converted. If it focuses on a specific period like that (rather than just offering crazier versions of the "Get to Work" jobs), I think Superheroes could be something I'm interested in!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2017
    It sounded like the idea for the pack that Grant was enthused about was something of which the rest of the team had to be convinced. In my thought, Seasons wouldn't be something of which the team would need to be convinced, since it has been a staple. Any reservations about Seasons would regard implementation, I would think. Farming, as much as it is near and dear to my heart, it, along with other traditional things...hmm, Grant doesn't seem like a Farming kinda guy, lol.

Using that logic, and taking into consideration the things Grant is extremely amused and excited about so far--I'd say Superheroes is a pretty good guess. Superheroes are also very popular right now in the culture. If it continues on the same bent that the Science Career took, it could be quite well done. That Career is the Best Of All, IMHO. The Freeze Ray, the Invention Constructor, Transforming , Cloning, the almost super powers that Scientists have--all of these are things I bet Grant laughs in his sleep about. :D Imagine the mischief one could get up to in the game with superpowers. :o

It also sounded like this had been a fairly recent development, still a bit iffy. I would guess that Ep 5 has been decided by now. I also think that the team is very pumped about the work they've done on this iteration, justifiably so, if the bugs can be squashed. I agree some of the design work has been the best so far. To have TS4 continue another couple years on that note seems quite possible. Just some musings. :)

I do hope it's something brand new like

Farming

New vegetables
    New flowers
    New herbs
    New Fruits
    Meats
    Chickens with fresh eggs
    Cows for milk and butter
    Pigs
    Goats
    Type's of birds
    Water wheel feature to add to a cottage with a pond with fresh new fish.
    Like the one from the tea room lot from the Sims 3 store.
    Jar filling like
    Jams
    Sauces
    Pickled stuff

Bees with honey to add to dishes and toast and beeswax to use to polish things and to make candles
    Nectar making to add to basement racks.
    Trackers
    Horses
    Farm styles for build mode and buy mode.
    Basement starcases with attached doors.
    Scarecrow
    Farm related decor for exterior walls/roofs
    Greenhouses like the ones from the Sims 2 seasons with lights and watering system.

Fresh fertalizer bin

New trees and shrubs and rocks

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member

The superhero world you described made me think of Sin City which in turn made me think of TS3 Roaring Heights - and suddenly I'm converted. If it focuses on a specific period like that (rather than just offering crazier versions of the "Get to Work" jobs), I think Superheroes could be something I'm interested in!

I am, in turn, more converted to the idea.

-A sweet world with an Art Deco style, big superhero statue in the center.
    -Materials to build Secret lairs for heroes and villains. (Each could be required to take either the good or evil traits.)
    -The Vampire system already lays the basis for picking powers and weaknesses.
    -Vampires and Aliens have hidden forms. Aliens already have a system of 'identity discovery,' could be modified for when someone sees a superhero change or use powers in day-clothing.
    -Phone booths for quick changes.
    -A system to call for a superhero at random times.
    -Just saying, burglars could be added here. (I'm indifferent to them and it's arguable Vampires are way more invasive anyway, since you know...they drink your blood without asking, but burglars would just fit here.)
    -Perhaps a way to choose how you become a superhero. Toxic waste? Radioactive bite? Etc. Perhaps little spots you can go to in a new world that might influence how it happens...or do something like 'freak microwave accident' randomly.
    -Brown trench coats and hats like a classic reporter might wear, etc. Journalism or Photography as an actual go-to career might be fun, but considering both are technically in the game already, seems like a no.
    -Villains could perform robberies or similar, but better hope a superhero isn't in disguise when they do it.

I'd be good with this.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    > @Monday said:
    > sundaysimmer wrote: »
    >
    >
    > The superhero world you described made me think of Sin City which in turn made me think of TS3 Roaring Heights - and suddenly I'm converted. If it focuses on a specific period like that (rather than just offering crazier versions of the "Get to Work" jobs), I think Superheroes could be something I'm interested in!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am, in turn, more converted to the idea.
    >
    > -A sweet world with an Art Deco style, big superhero statue in the center.
    > -Materials to build Secret lairs for heroes and villains. (Each could be required to take either the good or evil traits.)
    > -The Vampire system already lays the basis for picking powers and weaknesses.
    > -Vampires and Aliens have hidden forms. Aliens already have a system of 'identity discovery,' could be modified for when someone sees a superhero change or use powers in day-clothing.
    > -Phone booths for quick changes.
    > -A system to call for a superhero at random times.
    > -Just saying, burglars could be added here. (I'm indifferent to them and it's arguable Vampires are way more invasive anyway, since you know...they drink your blood without asking, but burglars would just fit here.)
    > -Perhaps a way to choose how you become a superhero. Toxic waste? Radioactive bite? Etc. Perhaps little spots you can go to in a new world that might influence how it happens...or do something like 'freak microwave accident' randomly.
    > -Brown trench coats and hats like a classic reporter might wear, etc. Journalism or Photography as an actual go-to career might be fun, but considering both are technically in the game already, seems like a no.
    > -Villains could perform robberies or similar, but better hope a superhero isn't in disguise when they do it.
    >
    > I'd be good with this.

Wow. Yes. I hope someone from EA is paying attention to this thread because your concept is amazing!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    He said they were making it but not that it would be the next EP, and by his expressions one could deduce it's something not immediate. They indeed work on multiple packs at a time, it's inconceivable that they would finish Pets to start planning the following ones, it's just different stages of production.

My guess would be a Superstar alike. The superhero thing going on here just sounds too specific to be an abroad expansion, it fits the GPs way better. Same for supernaturals, Vampires coming alone was the clear signal for that.

EP5 might be Seasons if they're trying to avoid a riot hahaha Theeen in EP6 or 7 we may be seeing Grants' big wish.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I am 100% done spending money on this game til I see Seasons. So I anticipate not having to spend any money at all on Sims for a while, especially if Seasons is not next. Tired of waiting. Tired of buying content I don't actually care about just to make the game more interesting for me. They could bring out the most rockin superheroes pack or apocalypse or natural disasters... you name it... I won't be bothering to buy it until the content I really want is available.

I'm basically with you on this. I have 0 interest in a superheroes pack when the game is lacking so much other stuff. Like weather, more vacation destinations, more activities like casinos, and bands....etc. And I still want my cruise ship vacation which was also part of their surveys.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I have no want for a fallout pack, sorry sim guru... I just want Seasons & University right at this moment.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Get Together came with a DJ booth and a dance floor it defiantly had a party theme mixed into it. Sure overall it was about hanging out be it swimming playing board games or partying with friends but if you deny the party aspect you're lying to yourself. Also unless they lied the diving platform and don't wake the llama was added when they delayed the game so it was originally themed way more towards partying aspect of getting together at least new content wise.

I did say there's quite a bit of party stuff in get together, and that I could see it. But you didn't answer how city living and dine out are party packs.
  • Options
    Monday wrote: »
    Considering Grant said that he 'thinks' they're making the one he wants, I'd wager he's definitely not talking about Seasons, because I figure Seasons is more of a 'when, not if' situation. Honestly, I hope that Seasons isn't an entire expansion. Make it GP related or the such, because I'd love to see Maxis try something new with whatever expansion packs are in the lineup. As to what? No idea, but if the post-apocalyptic setting is currently on their unobtainable wish list, I'm hoping they have some other more doable curiosities up their sleeves.

The superhero idea is interesting. I don't know if it's 'full Expansion Pack' level content, at least for me, but it's interesting none-the-less. Of course, if they threw in a full-sized, super cheesy superhero world, I'd be way in for that. A city variant maybe, but a more 50s styled town might be perfect (provided they can make it stand out from the overall 'cute suburbia' that is Willow Creek).
    LiELF wrote: »
    Superheroes or Myth and Magic. (I'm being very hopeful, haha)

I would buy a pack called Myth and Magic on the title alone. I don't even need to know what's inside, just give it to me. Hands down, I've decided. THIS is what I want. (After body hair.)

There's no way seasons could be a game pack. Seasons takes about as long as a pets expansion. They aren't going to sell years worth of effort and overhauls for 20 dollars.