Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I think it's superheroes. Grant looks to me like a superhero lover type of dude.
    Moreover, superheroes were in one of the first surveys.

Totally agree, people seem to miss this and think the next EP is seasons which doesn't seem like it (sadly)
    I hope not though, I bet 100% that most powers you can do in Superheros is drop the needs of sims or make them feel a specific emotion which there's 36365456 other ways to do that
    Ridiculous!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I could see them splitting season up into several GP's

I don't see that at all, as the selling point of the gps is a single theme done indepth in one pack. So I am pretty certain a gp will not be on seasons. In the past Seasons has been as big as pets. Don't forget - they never once indicated they would do a seasons in Sims 4. That's just us wanting and expecting it. Not them indicating they would ever do it. I am still shocked over hearing there'd be no Uni in sims 4 - so not getting Seasons wouldn't be a surprise as I am sure Uni would be easier than Seasons by a long shot. This really bums me as Uni is my fav pack. I was hoping to get dorms and apts we could build, bands finally - etc - and higher learning. Heck with seasons.

Good thing the new thing is going to be something we've never had - maybe I will like it. As I am sort of bumming right now.

Gee maybe the new pack is Hogwarts school for Wizards. I could see Grant doing something like that. I'd love that idea for sure. Didn't he do the Wizard in Medieval? or am I mistaken? EA does have the rights to Harry Potter stuff as they made the Harry Potter games - so it shouldn't be a rights issue....

''They'' kinda did though. At least SimGuruDaniel did.

Remember the thing he stated on Reddit? Someone was asking if The Sims 4 would ever get Seasons and Pets. SimGuruDaniel responded with something like ''I think so, but what do I know?''

More recently someone on reddit was kinda worried about the pets left out in the snow and rain when we get Seasons. Again, SimGuruDaniel responded with something like:

''Maybe they won't be.....''

That all seems a pretty good indication that it is coming. Especially knowing how strict and tightlipped SimGurus normally are about future stuff.

I know it is coming, it's a matter of 'when', not a matter of 'if'. We all know, like they know, that Seasons is one of the 'instant' Selling packs. They would be crazy to not do it.

As for a ''Superhero'' pack? Ugh, no thanks. I don't think, like more people also mentioned earlier, that a Superhero pack is something good for a ''life simulation'' game like The Sims. I think it's really difficult to keep something like that idea interesting for a longer time.

If they would ever do something superhero related, I think it would be a game pack. I don't think Superhero is a theme they would want to 'waste' a complete EP on.

We only can wait and see though. I hope the next quarter has a GP. Still holding out for Witches, lol.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Has uni been confirmed it's not coming?
    Only thing I've seen about that is Sim Guru Sarah saying they weren't working on it at the moment or words to that effect. I've never seem anywhere a statement that confirms university is off the table. Just like I've never read anywhere that Seasons are defiantly coming/not coming.
  • Options
    Only thing I've seen about that is Sim Guru Sarah saying they weren't working on it at the moment or words to that effect. I've never seem anywhere a statement that confirms university is off the table. Just like I've never read anywhere that Seasons are defiantly coming/not coming.

As far as I know it has not been confirmed it is never coming indeed. It might still come in the future. According to SimGuruSarah's favorite line in regards to EVERYTHING Sims 4: ''Anything is possible in the future''. Really, that is her standard copy paste answer always.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

There was a get to school survey but I think it was a GP but I doubt it'll be as good as Sims 3 university life
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »

There was a get to school survey but I think it was a GP but I doubt it'll be as good as Sims 3 university life

I doubt it will be too.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

There goes everyones CC again. LOL.

We've been there before and we'll be there again and again. Hopefully, this time, EA will do the work instead of leaving it up to the players/modders.

It was so obnoxious that the CAS items that clearly looked like outerwear were not re-categorized as outerwear once the Seasons EPs were released.

They can't do the work themselves -- it's up to the CC creators and mod developers to keep their own works updated. There is so much CC out there and so many mods that it would be impossible for the devs to fix everything out there -- that's why they say they don't officially support CC or mods even though they provide the framework in the game rather than people have to download it themselves.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I don't see that at all, as the selling point of the gps is a single theme done indepth in one pack. So I am pretty certain a gp will not be on seasons. In the past Seasons has been as big as pets. Don't forget - they never once indicated they would do a seasons in Sims 4. That's just us wanting and expecting it. Not them indicating they would ever do it. I am still shocked over hearing there'd be no Uni in sims 4 - so not getting Seasons wouldn't be a surprise as I am sure Uni would be easier than Seasons by a long shot. This really bums me as Uni is my fav pack. I was hoping to get dorms and apts we could build, bands finally - etc - and higher learning. Heck with seasons.

Good thing the new thing is going to be something we've never had - maybe I will like it. As I am sort of bumming right now.

Gee maybe the new pack is Hogwarts school for Wizards. I could see Grant doing something like that. I'd love that idea for sure. Didn't he do the Wizard in Medieval? or am I mistaken? EA does have the rights to Harry Potter stuff as they made the Harry Potter games - so it shouldn't be a rights issue....

Remember the thing he stated on Reddit? Someone was asking if The Sims 4 would ever get Seasons and Pets. SimGuruDaniel responded with something like ''I think so, but what do I know?''

More recently someone on reddit was kinda worried about the pets left out in the snow and rain when we get Seasons. Again, SimGuruDaniel responded with something like:

That all seems a pretty good indication that it is coming. Especially knowing how strict and tightlipped SimGurus normally are about future stuff.

I know it is coming, it's a matter of 'when', not a matter of 'if'. We all know, like they know, that Seasons is one of the 'instant' Selling packs. They would be crazy to not do it.

As for a ''Superhero'' pack? Ugh, no thanks. I don't think, like more people also mentioned earlier, that a Superhero pack is something good for a ''life simulation'' game like The Sims. I think it's really difficult to keep something like that idea interesting for a longer time.

If they would ever do something superhero related, I think it would be a game pack. I don't think Superhero is a theme they would want to 'waste' a complete EP on.

We only can wait and see though. I hope the next quarter has a GP. Still holding out for Witches, lol.

I'd like Witches, or even more an updated version of Makin' Magic from the first Sims game. There could be a sub-world like Forgotten Hollow or Magnola Promenade where Sims could go to buy magical ingredients, duel other magic Sims, or non-magic Sims could go to watch the duels and other entertainments.
  • Options

I'd like Witches, or even more an updated version of Makin' Magic from the first Sims game. There could be a sub-world like Forgotten Hollow or Magnola Promenade where Sims could go to buy magical ingredients, duel other magic Sims, or non-magic Sims could go to watch the duels and other entertainments.

Agree! I would love to have a remake of Makin' Magic or even Superstar. Two of my Sims one favs!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

More recently someone on reddit was kinda worried about the pets left out in the snow and rain when we get Seasons. Again,
    SimGuruDaniel responded with something like:

If there's no snow or rain then they can't possibly be left out in it. :p

Kidding. I believe that Daniel's earlier comment pokes fun at the fact that we keep worrying about whether the most popular packs are coming. "Well, duh, of course they are." In one way or another.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Agree! I would love to have a remake of Makin' Magic or even Superstar. Two of my Sims one favs!

Yeah, I liked all the EPs of Sims 1. Later games also featured witches, but no equivalent of Magic Town. Magic Town was very kooky and mysterious in its own way. Moonlight Falls was kind of similar but had a different vibe for me.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

Wasn't a big Superstar fan, but I think it could be well done in the current game structure. I just don't want a repeat of Late Night where every single Sim became a celebrity just because someone they knew was a celebrity. I want it to be something Sims have to actively sign up for and work at. And I don't want any real life celebrities in the game -- if people want that they can make them in CAS and maybe cheat them to the proper celebrity level. I'd rather see Sim parodies of current celebs: Dustin Woodpond (for Justin Timberlake) or Adriana Jumbo (for Ariana Grande).
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Wasn't a big Superstar fan, but I think it could be well done in the current game structure. I just don't want a repeat of Late Night where every single Sim became a celebrity just because someone they knew was a celebrity. I want it to be something Sims have to actively sign up for and work at. And I don't want any real life celebrities in the game -- if people want that they can make them in CAS and maybe cheat them to the proper celebrity level. I'd rather see Sim parodies of current celebs: Dustin Woodpond (for Justin Timberlake) or Adriana Jumbo (for Ariana Grande).

Superstar was not at all like Sims 3's version and why a lot of people seem to request it. It actually was much more like real life in Hollywood.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The fame minigames were kind of fun too...although they did get tedious later on.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Honestly I don't know - I posted something the other day about hoping Uni was coming soon - and another simmer said SG Sarah indicated they weren't doing a Uni. But honestly have not looked into it any further seeing everytime I turn around something I really like in former Sims games is not happening in this one. So I was bummed about it - but not totally surprised.

I knew for a fact had not the 2nd ep team at Salt Lake City during Sims 3 not made a Uni Sims 3 would not have had one. So Without a second team and 2 eps a year- I know darn well some eps will have to be cut eventually. So I figured it must be so, unless this game really is going to be made for a longer time than past games - a lot more eps will surely not make the cut. The way I figure if they do stop at the 5 year mark - the most we can expect is two more eps - so that leaves a lot of eps that won't come.

Just because I really like the Uni eps - I don't think the max number of simmers would ever choose that over bigger fan favs like Seasons for one.

But honestly I don't know - and just believed the poster.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Rudy - just so you know - there is one thing I have always noticed about Daniel - he never gives hints. he has been with the Sims like forever just about - but just because he remarks there is no reason something or other can't be done in this game - is never any indication that it will be done in this game - or that it will not.

But he is one Guru in all the years he has been with the game that just never says anything that is a hint. He also believes almost nothing is impossible in this game. Like he once said when asked about swimming in the water that was already in the game - he said they'd have to make a different water terrain for sims to be able to swim in. That did not mean they would or they wouldn't - it just meant the present water could not be used for swimming. Period.

One thing he does is tell the truth as far as he knows it - if he says anything at all - but never take it as any kind of hint.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Honestly I don't know - I posted something the other day about hoping Uni was coming soon - and another simmer said SG Sarah indicated they weren't doing a Uni. But honestly have not looked into it any further seeing everytime I turn around something I really like in former Sims games is not happening in this one. So I was bummed about it - but not totally surprised.

I knew for a fact had not the 2nd ep team at Salt Lake City during Sims 3 not made a Uni Sims 3 would not have had one. So Without a second team and 2 eps a year- I know darn well some eps will have to be cut eventually. So I figured it must be so, unless this game really is going to be made for a longer time than past games - a lot more eps will surely not make the cut. The way I figure if they do stop at the 5 year mark - the most we can expect is two more eps - so that leaves a lot of eps that won't come.

Just because I really like the Uni eps - I don't think the max number of simmers would ever choose that over bigger fan favs like Seasons for one.

I agree some will definitely be cut. Unless the sims 4 really is going to continue for the next five years to allow time for everything and I just don’t see that.

I love university in previous games. I would prefer university over seasons to be honest. With the engine the sims 4 uses I don’t see seasons being as fully fleshed out or as customisable as previous games.
  • Options

I agree some will definitely be cut. Unless the sims 4 really is going to continue for the next five years to allow time for everything and I just don’t see that.

I love university in previous games. I would prefer university over seasons to be honest. With the engine the sims 4 uses I don’t see seasons being as fully fleshed out or as customisable as previous games.

100% agree. I would always choose Uni over Seasons. I look out my window from Halloween - Memorial Day and all I see is snow - so it is not a big deal that it is not in my game - believe me. Keep in mind I am from Florida where we never saw snow - and here in Northern Maine there's just too much. I'm freezing right now and my heat is on 68. I wished I lived in Sunny Sims world - lol.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    Only possible way i can see seasons working is if its on its own separate neighbourhood where the seasons change only there, it would make it much simpler as if you just don't want to deal with it just going to any other neighbourhood would disable it, but i did like when it snowed in the sims 2 making snowmen or having snowball fights, also university needs a comeback.
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Hope there is a pack that features robots since the robot vacuum isn't enough.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited December 2017
    Don't understand how some people can see Seasons as a GP. We need all the gameplay and the biggest world possible. There'll be riots if Seasons was a GP, or even more so if each season was sold individually.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Don't understand how some people can see Seasons as a GP. We need all the gameplay and the biggest world possible. There'll be riots if Seasons was a GP, or even more so if each season was sold individually.

Seasons does not require a world though.

I think them having to rework all the plum backdrops and everything for every released world so far is already a huge undertaking by itself.

I wish it would be a GP, just to see it sooner, but probably it is too big for that.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I think them having to rework all the plum backdrops and everything for every released world so far is already a huge undertaking by itself.

I wish it would be a GP, just to see it sooner, but probably it is too big for that.

Being a GP wouldn't make it sooner and they would need to cut a lot of the important stuff I want in a Seasons pack, so no, Seasons must be an EP.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Being a GP wouldn't make it sooner and they would need to cut a lot of the important stuff I want in a Seasons pack, so no, Seasons must be an EP.

Being a GP would at least give it a chance to come out sooner... just because we only get 1 EP a year, and multiple GP's a year.

If it IS just an EP, and if they continue with the one/year cycle; we will maybe see it at LEAST in november this year. I am pretty confident we'll get at least one or two GP's right before that.

But don't worry, because like I said: it probably will not be a GP anyway.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Being a GP would at least give it a chance to come out sooner... just because we only get 1 EP a year, and multiple GP's a year.

If it IS just an EP, and if they continue with the one/year cycle; we will maybe see it at LEAST in november this year. I am pretty confident we'll get at least one or two GP's right before that.

But don't worry, because like I said: it probably will not be a GP anyway.

IF
    seasons is coming, we don't know when it's scheduled to drop. So regardless of whether it's a GP or EP, it will be released when it is released. And shrinking it down to a GP just because you want it a month or two sooner, is absolutely no reason to cut out a lot of great features that you would miss in a seasons pack.