Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basegame Lot Traits

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    yay they left most of the base game interactions to the expansion pack
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I wish we had more lot traits that are more than just skill boosts in the base game, I won't be using them... Let's say I add the Great Acoustics trait to my sim's home and have a club that boosts guitar skill as well as have lots of inspiring decor, they would skill up like crazy.

Some might enjoy using it, but I feel like the game is too easy for me the way it is...

You could choose not to add it to your sim's house (how many houses are built with acoustics in mind, anyway?) and just add it to music venues. This way your sims would be rewarded for actually going to a proper venue to play.

Exactly. To me, it's like having to travel to the library in the Sims 3 so my sim could read/study faster. Or to the gym to gain athletic faster. I love that we can now choose which venues to apply them to.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I wish we had more lot traits that are more than just skill boosts in the base game, I won't be using them... Let's say I add the Great Acoustics trait to my sim's home and have a club that boosts guitar skill as well as have lots of inspiring decor, they would skill up like crazy.

Some might enjoy using it, but I feel like the game is too easy for me the way it is...

You could choose not to add it to your sim's house (how many houses are built with acoustics in mind, anyway?) and just add it to music venues. This way your sims would be rewarded for actually going to a proper venue to play.

Exactly. To me, it's like having to travel to the library in the Sims 3 so my sim could read/study faster. Or to the gym to gain athletic faster. I love that we can now choose which venues to apply them to.

I think the difference here is, though, is this works for single sims, but what if you're trying to play a large household? In the Sims 3, I'd have my sim kids do their homework at the library, for instance, but that didn't affect in a negative way the other household members.

Time management is still a huge issue for me, though. There's a few things that are keeping me from going back to Sims 4 and this is probably the top one. I know it won't change, though it sounds like perhaps they're trying to open it up with CL and the festivals.
  • Options
    I wish you could have room traits.

They're called auras. :smile: It would be nice though, if we had some aura-giving objects that have the CL traits. That would be a decent substitute for room traits.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited October 2016
    Looks like they kept all the best ones for the EP.

That's okay, though. The EP needs to have elements that drive it's appeal and these are one of them. It was nice that they even added any into the base game imo. Honestly though, I doubt I'll use most of the patched in ones. Sorry, but haunted, cursed, gremlins, earthquake and so on from the EP sound a lot more interesting!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Felicity wrote: »

I think the difference here is, though, is this works for single sims, but what if you're trying to play a large household? In the Sims 3, I'd have my sim kids do their homework at the library, for instance, but that didn't affect in a negative way the other household members.

Time management is still a huge issue for me, though. There's a few things that are keeping me from going back to Sims 4 and this is probably the top one. I know it won't change, though it sounds like perhaps they're trying to open it up with CL and the festivals.

Hmm. I assumed that lot traits affected all sims on the lot, not just a single sim? I haven't tried it, yet. Or maybe you're just comparing how we can't control the sims that are left at home? If so, yeah, that is still an issue and probably always will be unless EA finds a way to make sims continue the activities we tell them to do when leaving the lot.
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I agree with what alot of you guys said, the more home type traits are in the EP. These are more for community traits, no so much as cram as many boosters into your home. In real lift I'd think being at the library I would have better internet connection, or being at the gym I would be more motivated, and etc. If used on certain lots it can create a bit of depth to the point were you have some motivation to go to other lots.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Hmm. I assumed that lot traits affected all sims on the lot, not just a single sim? I haven't tried it, yet. Or maybe you're just comparing how we can't control the sims that are left at home? If so, yeah, that is still an issue and probably always will be unless EA finds a way to make sims continue the activities we tell them to do when leaving the lot.

EA has no plans on letting our sims continue the activities or do anything actually productive like work tasks when they're not on the lot. That makes it difficult. At this point, I'd be happy with off lot sims being able to do their work tasks, but nope. Anyways, that's kind of why just using these at specialized lots lose a bit of their oomph. My multi-sim households will still have to either stay home to do their required things or the off lot sims will be penalized.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2016

EA has no plans on letting our sims continue the activities or do anything actually productive like work tasks when they're not on the lot. That makes it difficult. At this point, I'd be happy with off lot sims being able to do their work tasks, but nope. Anyways, that's kind of why just using these at specialized lots lose a bit of their oomph. My multi-sim households will still have to either stay home to do their required things or the off lot sims will be penalized.

Ikr I really don't understand why it's so, so hard for them to give us useful basic options for sims on other lots, especially when they're home. I hate it that I can't let my teenage and YA sims roam around town & actively play them if I want the rest of the family to do specific things at home while away. Or that my parents can't go for a nice dinner while having the possibility to ensure that a) kids do their homework, b) clean up the house or whatever and c) go to bed at a specific time. At the very least the "do the homework" option or "work on [ any ] skill" options should exist by now. It's ridiculous that you have to have all sims on the same lot just to be able to ensure they continue the stories you've mapped out for them ... And I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so hard for them to implement (especially not two years after people have first started asking for this). It's so basic ... And I really hoped that lot traits would perhaps add some kind of significant game play (shame on me), when in reality all they do is what TS4 stuff has always done: boost skills and moodlets ... We've got a gazillion things already that help us do that, why add more and more and more of the same stuff? I was kind of excited to test these new traits, but frankly .. argh. I don't like to say this, I know they put a lot of work into this stuff (or I hope they do) but I really don't feel like these people understand what we're looking for in this game - or at least, they only seem to cater to a very small portion of users, and those are already happy with the game anyway. I'm sorry if I'm being negative about all this, but this is honestly just disappointing to me. It doesn't make my sims any more or less original than they were before, and I doubt that adding the other lot traits, one aspiration and one or two traits (like, really, that's all???) will do the trick either. Ah well. TS4 will be TS4.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2016
    I tried Bracing Breezes on Gym lot, it reminds me workout as club activity.
    The NPC townies are focused on workout they talk less than before

I think these lot traits influence the behavior of the sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I confirm Bracing Breezes makes them less sociable :) .

Also, Bracing Breezes helps with the wellness skill!! So excited for that!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Never say never. SimGuruEugi did pass along the feedback regarding this issue, so maybe changes will be made in the future: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15223430/#Comment_15223430
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15234452/#Comment_15234452
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I saw that there is a lot trait for less people coming over. Does that work? I'm tired of seeing Nancy Landgraab always jogging by my lot.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited October 2016
    For those with Spa Day the Bracing Breeze trait seems to boost Wellness but only when doing yoga and giving massages (this I noticed because when I ask for a massage the masseuse was getting those light bulbs and pluses). Meditating however doesn't seems to be boosted by anything strangely.

Edit: didn't notice this was already mentioned :lol:
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I saw that there is a lot trait for less people coming over. Does that work? I'm tired of seeing Nancy Landgraab always jogging by my lot.

omg you hate her too, I thought I was the only one?
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

omg you hate her too, I thought I was the only one?

lol I actually like her. But I get sick of the jogging.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited October 2016
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    For those with Spa Day the Bracing Breeze trait seems to boost Wellness but only when doing yoga and giving massages (this I noticed because when I ask for a massage the masseuse was getting those light bulbs and pluses). Meditating however doesn't seems to be boosted by anything strangely.

Edit: didn't notice this was already mentioned :lol:

Wait, it doesn't boost wellness while meditating??? That doesn't seem right...
    I also heard it doesn't boost fitness while swimming...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I imagine I will use them mostly for community lots. BUt the fact that I can change them on the fly, maybe I will use them. I am currently using clubs to boost skills, this just adds to that or potentially replaces it.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member

I haven't tried that lot trait out yet, but I would suspect that the only difference it would make would be reducing the number of sims actually coming by to visit the house (knocking on the door; possibly calling to ask if they can come over), not so much reducing the random passersby (walking / jogging / fishing / cooking in community grills / playing on community objects) in the neighborhood. The former doesn't happen too much in my current game, which is why I haven't really tested that trait out yet, because I don't think I'd notice any kind of difference.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Private Dwelling => Grim Reaper house :p

Why?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Never say never. SimGuruEugi did pass along the feedback regarding this issue, so maybe changes will be made in the future: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15223430/#Comment_15223430
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15234452/#Comment_15234452

Yeah, he told me that back in 2014 as well. In fact, I'm the one who suggested the "do homework" interaction for grayed out sims. No, I'm not kidding. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12973589/#Comment_12973589
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @DeKay wrote: »
    Private Dwelling => Grim Reaper house :p

Why?

Because the most of the sims are not enough brave to meet the Death :p
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think I'd ever really use any of these traits. I was actually really excited for them but these right here just make skill gaining easier and the game is already too easy for me. Plus I like using cheats and mods instead.

For those who don't want to use cheats/mods though, this gives an additional option. And it might be nice to use them on communitiy lots -- I wonder if they'll affect non-played Sims so you've got a better chance of finding a Sim with some skill points when you choose your life partner. B) I'd probably use the Private Dwelling one the most to keep away the more persistent neighbors. :|

Lol I need a trait to get more visitors, I get barely any in my game.