Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think about ALL players

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Exactly and at this rate the game will just have 50 SP after 5 years and basically no gameplay :/ SP are nice to fill the wait from one EP to the next but not to support the whole game.

Yeah exactly, and they add very little too. It's just like a bunch of store content supporting the game
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I don't really have any objections to the stuff packs tbh as they are just stuff, designed around an idea etc. I'm more disappointed in the time it is taking for another expansion pack to make an appearance.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I never bought it and wouldn't buy a similar expansion for TS4.

The lack of news regarding any new EP is annoying, and the endless tirade of stuff packs is getting tiresome, but you can't really get annoyed if they release a Game Pack or Expansion Pack that you don't like. It is simply not possible to please everyone all the time.

But did you have to wait until the next year or did you have a choice of two or three in one year? It's not whining. If pets is next which may not come out until Oct. or Nov. I will have to wait until Sept or Oct. 2017 for an EP if we only get one a year like the rate they are going now.

Exactly. If he didn't like supernaturals he had a bunch of worlds to look forward too, eps and way bigger sps
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I had no interest in buying it.

So? I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying they should release content more often to not have people stuck for a year without any new content

One: practice your reading comprehension
    Two: don't say no offence, cause it doesn't make it not offensive
    Three: I'm reporting you for name calling

Geez - why are people on this forum so sensitive? :/

Cause of rude people like you, that when people don't agree you start calling them things.

Name calling - where? I said you sound like a whiny baby - I didn't say you were a whiny baby.

Doesn't make a difference to me. It's rude and uncalled for and flame bait

Okay. I'm sorry you take offence very easily.

Don't appreciate your fake apology either
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I don't really have any objections to the stuff packs tbh as they are just stuff, designed around an idea etc. I'm more disappointed in the time it is taking for another expansion pack to make an appearance.

All the objects they add could easily be in EPs or GPs that are taking ages to be released. It was almost a year for GP3 and thats just a GP, what's gonna happen with EPs?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Exactly and at this rate the game will just have 50 SP after 5 years and basically no gameplay :/ SP are nice to fill the wait from one EP to the next but not to support the whole game.

Yeah exactly, and they add very little too. It's just like a bunch of store content supporting the game

Amd then the EPS are half baked franken EPs that poorly combine two previous EPs and lack all the fun stuff we used to have. GT gave us nightlife without apartments or vampires and GTW gave us ambitions without the freedom and OFB without the good business running coding :/ which they'd focus on an updated Sims 2 and not a downgrade from Sims 2.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

All the objects they add could easily be in EPs or GPs that are taking ages to be released. It was almost a year for GP3 and thats just a GP, what's gonna happen with EPs?

Yes, the time it seems to be taking for another expansion pack is disappointing for sure.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I had no interest in buying it.

So? I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying they should release content more often to not have people stuck for a year without any new content

Cause of rude people like you, that when people don't agree you start calling them things.

Name calling - where? I said you sound like a whiny baby - I didn't say you were a whiny baby.

Dude, stop digging your hole. You could have worded your lost A LOT better than you did and avoided this whole mess. Any time someone says "No offence BUT", they mean offence.

I feel kind of the opposite about stuff packs. I find them rather lacking in STUFF. They seem to keep focusing on adding game play, and not actually much stuff. Leave the game play to game packs, and stuff to the stuff packs. There have been a few packs I was interested in when they were announced, but was very disappointed with what actually came in them, and never bought one.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Piperbird wrote: »

Dude, stop digging your hole. You could have worded your lost A LOT better than you did and avoided this whole mess. Any time someone says "No offence BUT", they mean offence.

I feel kind of the opposite about stuff packs. I find them rather lacking in STUFF. They seem to keep focusing on adding game play, and not actually much stuff. Leave the game play to game packs, and stuff to the stuff packs. There have been a few packs I was interested in when they were announced, but was very disappointed with what actually came in them, and never bought one.

True but it isn't changing the game is what I meant. You aren't going to get apartments in an SP just small objects like the store had that are nice but in no means actual gameplay like Pets and Seasons. I wants something that changes the game and the way my sims live not another giant object to add un the house.
  • Options

True but it isn't changing the game is what I meant. You aren't going to get apartments in an SP just small objects like the store had that are nice but in no means actual gameplay like Pets and Seasons. I wants something that changes the game and the way my sims live not another giant object to add un the house.

That I do agree with. So far, nothing has really grabbed my interest, except for the science career. However, they did not add any sort of option to turn off aliens, and I just don't want them in my game. So, I was unable to buy that pack. At this point, I do no believe any of the old 'standard' stuff will ever come back(seasons, pets, university, supernaturals).
  • Options

I completely agree. I think that was pretty obvious with "Cool Kitchen Stuff". It failed miserably as a kitchen SP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

That I do agree with. So far, nothing has really grabbed my interest, except for the science career. However, they did not add any sort of option to turn off aliens, and I just don't want them in my game. So, I was unable to buy that pack. At this point, I do no believe any of the old 'standard' stuff will ever come back(seasons, pets, university, supernaturals).

The career is kind of boring since you just keep getting the same list of objectives to fill your progress bar. The aliens have been turned down a lot and I don't even see them unless I got to alien night at the bar... so it might be worth getting if it interests you.
  • Options

The career is kind of boring since you just keep getting the same list of objectives to fill your progress bar. The aliens have been turned down a lot and I don't even see them unless I got to alien night at the bar... so it might be worth getting if it interests you.

Possibly, if it goes on sale for low enough. After the base, I have learned my lesson about purchasing the day a new pack comes out (like I did with all previous packs for previous games). I have waited each time to read other's reviews and opinions, and each time I was glad to have saved my money. I keep waiting for something I would like to buy, but at this point, my hopes are pretty low. *patiently waits for TS5*
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I kind of wish we'd get more build mode stuff rather than CAS stuff. It felt like cool kitchen had more clothes than kitchen stuff...would've like at least 2 kitchen sets (fridge, counters, cabinets, table, etc). Also they're all seriously lacking in beds.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I never bought it and wouldn't buy a similar expansion for TS4.

The lack of news regarding any new EP is annoying, and the endless tirade of stuff packs is getting tiresome, but you can't really get annoyed if they release a Game Pack or Expansion Pack that you don't like. It is simply not possible to please everyone all the time.

But did you have to wait until the next year or did you have a choice of two or three in one year? It's not whining. If pets is next which may not come out until Oct. or Nov. I will have to wait until Sept or Oct. 2017 for an EP if we only get one a year like the rate they are going now.

Exactly. If he didn't like supernaturals he had a bunch of worlds to look forward too, eps and way bigger sps

I know people think we are whining but I wish they would see it differently. At least we are asking for more packs and not just walking away. It's when players stop voicing their desires or problems the game loses. Or rather a company when they get radio silence.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited July 2016

I think they add one or two game play objects to the stuff packs so that they can dilute expansion packs and content that adds game play in general. They are splitting up objects that have game play attached to them, which previously would have been in expansion packs with lots of other game play objects, by spreading them out as much as they can in stuff packs. It is a way to make more money.

When you add up the cost of the stuff packs collectively, they surpass the cost of an EP, and provide nowhere near as much game play content or depth. Considering the frequency of the stuff packs, it is probably more profitable for them to release as many of these as they can regularly because they require less work than other content and many fans will just buy buy buy.

I prefer content that changes the sims themselves and has depth.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting thread.

I guess that I can say to this is, if you don't like what they are trying to sell, then do not buy it and wait for something better to come along. It is a shame to see players disappointed but not everything is going to appeal to everyone anyway
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

That is offensive and against forum rules. You don't get to say "no offence " and follow it up with unnecessary offensive language directed at her or anyone here. You could have made your point without stooping to insults.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Okay, maybe I'm a fool but I keep thinking they have something amazing in store. Like...do they really think they can just ruin sims 4 with just releasing SPs?!
    I love the Sims 4 most out of all the games but this stagnant SP content is a bit weird yeah.

More EPs and GPs please!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2016
    if Toddler is the reward at the end, you should not complain about the wait because it's what you requested.

Toddlers alone don't justify 10+ months of no expansion. They really aren't that time-consuming to add. Not when you look at the amount of content being produced in Sims 3 and 4 expansions in a similar timeframe.

I mean, TS3 Supernatural, for all it's bugs, essentially added four new occult types, back when expansions came twice a year. To say nothing of the amount of models and animations required for dogs, cats and horses in TS3 Pets.

Something is off with what's going on at the moment.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Ianamus wrote: »
    if Toddler is the reward at the end, you should not complain about the wait because it's what you requested.

Toddlers alone don't justify 10+ months of no expansion. They really aren't that time-consuming to add. Not when you look at the amount of content being produced in Sims 3 and 4 expansions in a similar timeframe.

I mean, TS3 Supernatural, for all it's bugs, essentially added four new occult types, back when expansions came twice a year. To say nothing of the amount of models and animations required for dogs, cats and horses in TS3 Pets.

Yes, these EPs so far aren't feeling very large. I know we're getting GPs as well but that doesn't justify the relatively small size of EPs.
    World Adventures alone added 3 New worlds, premade Sims in all of them, clothes, build mode items, and cuisine to match the locations, dungeons, 3 skills (nectar brewing, photography, and martial arts), and several new traits and lifetime rewards. It had its fair share of bugs and I know not everyone liked it, but it was still full of things to do.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Ianamus wrote: »

And all this was done in an openworld that meants everything had to route around the world. Yes it had its problems but we had these amazing things now we have Aliens... that wear make up.

Either the engine is awful or they don't want to give us new amazing things anymore like IP that opened5 the oceans like no sims game ever before.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,353 Member
    edited July 2016
    After 2 years of complains, did you see a difference ?

After 5 years, do you think there will be a difference ?
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Let's see... we had Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, and now we're about to have our FOURTH outdoors themed pack, released not only close to one another, but at the very start of the game's life.

I don't get it, lol.

Best part is where do you put all this "outdoor" stuff. The lots are so small I guess we would need to forgo houses. >:)

kim
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Well stuff packs r very helpful actually. I am a cc downloader myself however, the meshes from packs or ideas r used and mods extend the gameplay. Its also good for ppl who play vanilla game coz mods and cc causes a lot of problems at times. I dont mind waiting for an EP as long as its quality..quality is what matters and if it takes them longer to make a quality EP then ill let them have all the time in the world
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.