Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think about ALL players

Comments

• Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    It's simple for me to come to the conclusion that:
    The game they created is very hard to be enlarged, expanded, and altered. EPs take a lot of work and time in this iteration because of the core of the base game. I believe they have a hard time adding substance and meaningful gameplay to it.
    They still need to make money and produce things so SPs are the solution.

All that "great foundation" speech that they made us swallow was an absolute marketing lie.
    It's simple for me to come to the conclusion that:
    The game they created is very hard to be enlarged, expanded, and altered. EPs take a lot of work and time in this iteration because of the core of the base game. I believe they have a hard time adding substance and meaningful gameplay to it.
    They still need to make money and produce things so SPs are the solution.

All that "great foundation" speech that they made us swallow was an absolute marketing lie.

That was exactly what i said 5 minutes ago in another thead! Totally agree!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Stuff packs have always been largely pointless. Especially to cc downloaders. It seems like expansions are taking longer to produce. I wish they'd scrap stuff packs and move that team over to the expansion pack team, with extra numbers maybe we might get more than one expansion pack a year and dare I say, it might actually be worth the money.

Would you rather have a Sims 4 store and every item is over-priced? like in Sims 3 had, every item was so over-priced, think about the logic, in the Kids Bedroom Stuff pack, there is 40+ items for only $10 US or $14 AUD, if each individual item from that Stuff Pack was in a Sims 4 Store and each item costs $5 each, would you buy 40+ items at $5 each item, that would cost you $200 at $5 each item, I'd rather have a stuff pack that only cost $10-14 dollars for 40 items-cheaper and granted not many people use every item in the pack, I know I don't but I'd rather have a stuff pack than a store!

There are so many people working on different area's of producing games, so people think that there's hardly anyone working on EP's, but they are. There are 250 employees working at EA, all working on different games, for console and PC. EA's a very big company, it's not small, so some maybe working on an EP, some work on a SP, some work on a GP, just have to be patient and wait when the next EP comes out. Put yourself in their shoes for once, they have to create the game, using vast technology, then they also need animators to make it work in the game, animators for new gameplay, some designers for new objects to work in the game, some with animations attatched to it. Ya know there is alot of programming and animation and alot of work that goes into making any game! There's also not enough hours to make a game come to life, Ya can't expect all the developers to work on an EP and not have a break too!

End of discussion!

Actually from a consumer standpoint that uses CC the store was better, I could buy the game play items and get CC for the visual aspect for free. The game play bits might cost me like 2$

Now I love this kids SP but the all of the others have left me scratching my head wondering why I wasted the $$
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Apparently, they are not making EPs anymore. I think they just kinda doomed the game now...
    And that makes me really, really upset because TS4 has a lot of potential and I enjoy it in many aspects and it would be my absolute favourite if we could just get what we have been nagging for since release... EPs are essential because they add a lot of gameplay, which is lacking. Let SPs have only stuff, GPs have a detailed theme and EPs have a large amount of gameplay. The team is trying to combine packs and give us new things, which is probably a good intention, but can't they see that we won't be happy until we get the old things that were left out?
    And I don't want to abandon TS4 and get a Sims 5. I've spent a lot of money on this game and will be seriously angry if everyone doesn't get their plum together, and quickly.

Just...please. I know they're working hard and stand in their shows etc, but it just feels like they're making what they want instead of what we want...
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2016
    The devs can't please everyone. That is not just in the Sims, but for many other games. You can't expect everything you wish for.

If they were to develop everything that everyone has asked for, believe me, they would have a stockpile higher than Santa Claus's sleigh on Christmas Eve, and that is impossible to achieve.

I also believe that the Sims 4 is still in its infancy. There is much more to come. People are assuming the worst before they've even seen what else is in store for us.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    I'm pretty sure nobody asked for another group oriented outdoor stuff pack. What I've seen is people wanting more bedroom stuff. I mean really after 7 stuff packs and still no bedroom stuff pack. We need new beds and nightwear desperately!
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I really do not understand why some people are assuming that devs have stopped making EP's. Can someone enlighten me?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I really do not understand why some people are assuming that devs have stopped making EP's. Can someone enlighten me?
    Because of a poorly titled thread here in GD
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Apparently, they are not making EPs anymore. I think they just kinda doomed the game now...
    And that makes me really, really upset because TS4 has a lot of potential and I enjoy it in many aspects and it would be my absolute favourite if we could just get what we have been nagging for since release... EPs are essential because they add a lot of gameplay, which is lacking. Let SPs have only stuff, GPs have a detailed theme and EPs have a large amount of gameplay. The team is trying to combine packs and give us new things, which is probably a good intention, but can't they see that we won't be happy until we get the old things that were left out?
    And I don't want to abandon TS4 and get a Sims 5. I've spent a lot of money on this game and will be seriously angry if everyone doesn't get their plum together, and quickly.

Just...please. I know they're working hard and stand in their shows etc, but it just feels like they're making what they want instead of what we want...
    I would wait for the shirts to say that is the case, anything not put out by EA/Maxis is just grapevine news and not official.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

I wouldn't pay any attention to that. The OP of that thread posted one side of a conversation so we don't really know what the guru was talking about. And when people called him out in it, he kept changing his original post. It now contradicts itself, and still doesn't say anything about there being no more EPs.

Seriously, don't believe it until a guru says it. IN CONTEXT.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I have to say, and I will. Sims 4 is linked to a previous series. They made it a different game. I agree. But going in as a Deluxe Pre-Order customer they hid the fact that it was NOT a Sims game of previous versions. If they did not want it to be pit against the previous versions they should of:

1) Not put 4 in the name.
    2) Been up front from the very beginning.

The long time span with EP is worrisome period, rumors or no rumors. The amount of SP is getting to be annoying and also pointing to the speculation that is what TS4 is going to be in the end. Chopped up pieces of content that digs deep into the consumers pockets. I have seen this before..

They should be thinking about all simmers. They placed the number 4 on the name. Costumers expect their favorite aspects of the Sims series to have what they loved in the previous series. Once more they placed the number 4 on the name, not the costumers.

I speculate, if they had been up front of what this game was going to be or not added the 4, many of the old simmers would have not bought into the series, or would of bought the base and baled out when they realized this game was not a Sims game they loved. As I said I speculate.

The only reason I clung to the this game was I could not believe this was it. Silly me. And yes I clung to long over 1500 hours played. This is not a true Sims game and I honestly believe (an opinion) that Sims 3 was the last of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Do not worry about it, SimguruDrake cleared it up, The OP of that particular thread put out some info that was not correct.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Exactly and at this rate the game will just have 50 SP after 5 years and basically no gameplay :/ SP are nice to fill the wait from one EP to the next but not to support the whole game.

Yeah exactly, and they add very little too. It's just like a bunch of store content supporting the game

Amd then the EPS are half baked franken EPs that poorly combine two previous EPs and lack all the fun stuff we used to have. GT gave us nightlife without apartments or vampires and GTW gave us ambitions without the freedom and OFB without the good business running coding :/ which they'd focus on an updated Sims 2 and not a downgrade from Sims 2.

The lack of supernaturals and worlds in each rare EP and GP are ruining everything
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I never bought it and wouldn't buy a similar expansion for TS4.

The lack of news regarding any new EP is annoying, and the endless tirade of stuff packs is getting tiresome, but you can't really get annoyed if they release a Game Pack or Expansion Pack that you don't like. It is simply not possible to please everyone all the time.

But did you have to wait until the next year or did you have a choice of two or three in one year? It's not whining. If pets is next which may not come out until Oct. or Nov. I will have to wait until Sept or Oct. 2017 for an EP if we only get one a year like the rate they are going now.

Exactly. If he didn't like supernaturals he had a bunch of worlds to look forward too, eps and way bigger sps

I know people think we are whining but I wish they would see it differently. At least we are asking for more packs and not just walking away. It's when players stop voicing their desires or problems the game loses. Or rather a company when they get radio silence.

Its probably thanks to us that they get new content
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting thread.

I guess that I can say to this is, if you don't like what they are trying to sell, then do not buy it and wait for something better to come along. It is a shame to see players disappointed but not everything is going to appeal to everyone anyway

I know. But what I'm saying is that we should get more content, cause that way you have more possibilities of satisfying more customers, as opposed to just releasing a GP or EP per year. That wait is too long for those who weren't satisfied.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I never bought it and wouldn't buy a similar expansion for TS4.

The lack of news regarding any new EP is annoying, and the endless tirade of stuff packs is getting tiresome, but you can't really get annoyed if they release a Game Pack or Expansion Pack that you don't like. It is simply not possible to please everyone all the time.

But did you have to wait until the next year or did you have a choice of two or three in one year? It's not whining. If pets is next which may not come out until Oct. or Nov. I will have to wait until Sept or Oct. 2017 for an EP if we only get one a year like the rate they are going now.

Exactly. If he didn't like supernaturals he had a bunch of worlds to look forward too, eps and way bigger sps

I know people think we are whining but I wish they would see it differently. At least we are asking for more packs and not just walking away. It's when players stop voicing their desires or problems the game loses. Or rather a company when they get radio silence.

Or, uh, you know, they release DLC. Like they always have.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Do you mean paid or free? I think there wouldn't be a great deal many things in your game if people (and some not even here anymore) hadn't fussed about pools, basements, ghosts, half walls (but that one was more begging request) etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

who asked for:

kids stuff
    hot tubs
    swimming pools
    basemants
    no gender discrimination
    restaurans

Us, us , us , us
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited July 2016
    That's actually a really good point! @Orchid13 I did want all that stuff

Thank you sims staff. I also want attraction lighting bolts. Pretty Please :-)
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

who asked for:

kids stuff
    hot tubs
    swimming pools
    basemants
    no gender discrimination
    restaurans

Us, us , us , us

Yes, but any content they released is new content. If you're talking about new content that appeals to the player base, then sure, I'll give you credit, but some of these things have still been asked since before TS4 was even released, or even announced.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

Because all we're seeing is single-attraction stuff packs, ignorance of foundational interests, persistent repetition of erroneous rhetoric regarding their inability to 'please all of the people all of the time', and focus on transition into a new (anti-piracy, anti-intellectual, no replay value, non-representative, limited liability) live service model.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    The Sims has always had stuff packs and expansion packs but I'm not liking the game pack system. It feels like this is just content that should be in an expansion to make it more complete and just another thing to spend money on.
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I've kind of fell back on Packs as they released.
    Like Dine out, I was excited at first I thought I was going to buy it... but then I realized It's not my top want, yes it has wine, but that's all I really want from it, wine.

I got my DJ booths
    I got my Detective career (which I want to be fleshed out a little more with Graveyard Shifts, Night patrols, Called for burglaries)
    and I got a Hot Tub

but I'll wait for the packs, I actually will get excited for:
    Season, Supernatural, and Pets, the Big three are what I really want right now.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    No offence, but you kind of sound like a whiny baby. There were quite a few expansions for TS3 that I didn't like and had no interest in, but I didn't cry about it. A lot of people liked Supernatural, even though I had no interest in buying it.

So? I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying they should release content more often to not have people stuck for a year without any new content

One: practice your reading comprehension
    Two: don't say no offence, cause it doesn't make it not offensive
    Three: I'm reporting you for name calling

Geez - why are people on this forum so sensitive? :/

Cause of rude people like you, that when people don't agree you start calling them things.

Name calling - where? I said you sound like a whiny baby - I didn't say you were a whiny baby.

Doesn't make a difference to me. It's rude and uncalled for and flame bait

Okay. I'm sorry you take offence very easily.

Don't appreciate your fake apology either

Welcome back to the forums! Yeah, this little technique is being used quite often when threads involve unhappy simmers. They've discovered by starting an argument the thread gets pulled. BTW, I totally agree with you. I'm bored stiff and have purchased everything EA puts out in hopes 'something' will be there for more gameplay..... sigh. I don't get why they have a problem adding to the base game, or that the "engine" won't handle more add ons(?) I mean, if this were the case, then why did they decide to create such a limited game and make it sims4?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Stuff packs have always been largely pointless. Especially to cc downloaders. It seems like expansions are taking longer to produce. I wish they'd scrap stuff packs and move that team over to the expansion pack team, with extra numbers maybe we might get more than one expansion pack a year and dare I say, it might actually be worth the money.
    I like the stuff packs, since I don't use custom content I love the clothes and hair each comes with, along with the new interactable objects. I would however also like an expansion pack with a new world.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Perfect Patio does not equal Romantic Garden does not equal Backyard Stuff.

I see Perfect Patio as like Luxury Party Stuff but outdoors; the grill/counter set is pretty upscale-looking, as are the table/chairs, and the hot tub itself is a high-ticket item.

Romantic Garden is more geared to improving community lots -- unless you have a mansion are you really going to put a giant fountain and wishing well on your home lot?

Hopefully Backyard Stuff will have items that will appeal to families of more modest means. Many players have asked for sprinklers to save time in garden care -- sprinklers would also be fun for child Sims to play in if the family is too poor to build a pool or if the lot is too small for one. Even additional outdoor activities if they could be programmed like playing catch would be simple but add a lot to play for Simmers who don't use money cheats or mods to give their Sims a giant nest egg starting out.

I will agree on the paucity of game packs -- I can live with the shortage of huge expansions if we could get more game packs. 1 EP, 2 GPs and the rest of the year filled with SPs and free content patches seems like a reasonable expectation especially now that we're two years into game development. Yes, there are still things still missing (RIP toddlers) but hopefully those will come eventually the way we got back pools, ghosts, family trees (even if the latter two need some fine tuning) and other features.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)