Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Rose for Bella: A Goth Family Tale - CHAPTER 7 update + poll

noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
banner_zpsdxaxxsdo.jpg

A Rose for Bella is a primarily plot-driven narrative focusing on one of the most well know families in The Sims franchise: The Goths. The mysteries surrounding the Goth family have been debated for years, their history, their wealth, their charm, and most notably, Bella's disappearance. This story is my take on the Goth family's lives in The Sims 4's Willow Creek. Enjoy!

WARNING!!! A Rose for Bella may contain mature content such as sexual themes, violence, and substance abuse. Chapters will be appropriately labelled with a trigger warning. Please do not read anything that may upset you.

361ce8e1-61f2-415a-8d6d-46d79a59c5e9_zpsbxz5wtgy.png

Chapter 1: Eyes (below)
Chapter 2: Untamed Treachery (page 2)
Chapter 3: Willow Creek Book Club (page 3)
Chapter 4: Caliente (page 4)
Chapter 5: Popular (page 5)
Chapter 6: Halloween Night (page 6)
Chapter 7: Getaway (page 7)

You can find the current poll here.

If you're enjoy this story, check out some of the reading circles I'm in for other great simlit!
The Reader's Nook
The Wolf Den

Thank you for taking your time to stop by and read. Please share any feedback and comments down below!

8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
Post edited by noxxims on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    3b43ad89-1c5b-4d41-9dcc-efceca2f84bc_zpsskdd4mw1.png

A Rose for Bella - Chapter 1: Eyes

30492b2e-612d-442d-9256-b302fb863170_zpsajbvte8y.png

The Goths are perhaps one of the most well known families in Willow Creek. Their dark brick manor a black sheep among the bright pastel victorians lining the flower-hedged streets of Willow Creek's Pendula View neighbourhood. The secrets and stories hidden behind the shadowy facade of the old house are as twisted and tangled as the thick ivy vines that climb to its friezes.

e645e71d-7164-41a3-ad45-61a3837823b8_zps5dccoa5x.png

Of course, aside from the privileged few who have been lucky enough to get an invitation to the lavish parties at the Goth manor that come every season, not many have seen what happens behind those solid walls and heavy curtains.

The home smells heavily of dust and flowers. Grand hallways lined with luxurious treasures lead to grand rooms filled with luxurious furniture. The hand-woven carpets and ancient paintings look as if they haven't been moved since they were placed. The old house breathes as September's chilling draft flows through it's cracks; floors and doorways creaking and groaning with the breeze. The air gets heavier as you ascend the mansion; a sweet, musky heat clouding the old bedrooms and attic.

4eebd96f-470d-4e2b-81c2-d429dbc06f46_zpsqxcci0ec.png

Though mostly solitary, the dynamics of the Goth family are common knowledge.

Mortimer hailed from the historic and eccentric Goth family. Born to aged and well-established parents, Mortimer knew wealth his whole life but never received much love. Following in his parent's footsteps, Mortimer received his education at Sims University and climbed the corporate ladder (with the help his well-known name) to be an acknowledged investor. Mortimer and Bella were childhood friends who grew up together in Sunset Valley. Their marriage inevitably blossoming from years of closeness and confidence, a seemingly perfect match.

Together they had two children: Cassandra and Alexander. Cassandra was creative and inspired like her mother and hard-working like her father, a talented musician and high-achiever in school. Young Alexander was growing up to be a bright and friendly boy, bringing life and joy to the echo-y halls of the Goth manor.

d1841a39-8946-4009-a800-3b6b268f760e_zpsgc4djg87.png

However, you couldn't so much as mention the Goths without picturing the angelic face of Bella Goth.

Bella was the daughter of a middle class family, a warm household that nurtured Bella's character. She was named for her beauty and she was an exceptional beauty indeed.

Bella was the kind of woman that man wanted to be with and women wanted to be. Heck, even some women wanted to be with her. She had an unforgettable laugh, striking eyes, and a smile that would make people do crazy things. She was practically an icon and she knew the effect she had on people and so did Mortimer. Bella was dangerously flirtatious but always in a kind-hearted manner. She was fiery and passionate but always faithful to her husband, Mortimer.

e7fbdb1f-af91-42e5-865a-b99c4a49853b_zpsh2ohpmhs.png

It was a Monday morning and the kids were off to school after breakfast. Mortimer gave Bella a kiss on the cheek before he headed out the door to work.

What was a stay-at-home mother living in the lap of luxury to do on a weekday morning? Whatever she wants, of course. Bella finished sipping her espresso before heading upstairs to change into her workout attire. A jog to the fitness club would be good for her on such a beautiful day.

436264dc-8823-4332-906e-40210f9b9f6d_zpsuhgo3vw6.png

Bella jogged lightly down the winding paths along the creek. After two children, she was proud of how her body had held up and caught the eye of a few people she passed on the sidewalks.

Bella waved to the neighbours on their porches, they greeted her with a smile before quickly turning to each other to gossip once she passed.

With a slight sheen of sweat glistening off her amber skin, Bella arrived at the fitness club to continue her workout.

Continued in next post...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Chapter 1 continued...

a11a0966-c6c8-4b8e-b090-df5ee38234cb_zpsekqgzt8d.png

Bella strolled into the bright fitness center. Finding an empty weight-lifting machine and sitting down to work out. The place smelled lightly of lemons and the clanging of metal weights mixed with the soft pop music that played on the facility's speakers.

Bella closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing and contracting the right muscles. Time passed as she completed a few sets of her workout.

"Hi, do you think you might be done soon?" A smooth male voice called to her through her concentration. Bella opened her eyes sharply to find a tall muscular man looming next to her.

"Oh, of course! Let me just clean it off." said Bella, quickly rising from the stool and grabbing the spray bottle and cloth to wipe down the gym equipment.

f9965d0b-2234-4be7-8173-cdbb20c574b8_zpswdiff3nd.png

"Allow me." Said the stranger, taking the cleaning supplies from her manicured hands. Bella was perfectly capable of doing it herself but she sure was a sucker for chivalry. The man was tanned with slicked-back dark hair. His gym clothes clung to his muscles. He looked over his shoulder to Bella, meeting her with vibrant green eyes and flashing a pearly white smile.

"I'm Don, by the way." He said charmingly, turning to face her.

"Bella." She stumbled over her own name. "Are you from around here? I don't think I've ever seen you before." Bella would know if she had seen someone like him before.

"Oh, no." He replied, brushing a rough hand through his hair, "I'm from a town over, Oasis Springs, I was just visiting some friends over the weekend and I thought I would come in for a quick workout before heading home."

Their gazes held for a few seconds too long, a magnetic attraction seeming to draw them together. Bella was captivated by this man she had never met before. She had been with Mortimer for practically her whole life and she knew him well. Despite their bond, there was something so exciting and unknown about Don...

"I really better get going." Said Bella, a hot blush rising in her cheeks. She gathered her things and headed for the door quickly, almost afraid of spending another second with Don.

"See you around!" Don called after her. He smiled to himself as he sat down on the machine's hard seat.

53e8a414-f064-4621-a4c5-716bda8a4759_zpsahpzbfzm.png

Things in the Goth household resumed as usual that night. Mortimer and the kids returned home. Mortimer worked on some market reports and Bella helped the kids with their homework.

Cassandra practiced the piano in the evening while Bella and Mortimer enjoyed a nice glass of wine.

865e32ef-7b49-4456-ba10-7332e39ba89d_zpswlq2sbnb.png

Alexander played quietly in his room before Bella came to kiss him goodnight and tuck him in to bed.

9bade0be-b445-46cc-a8d4-55fc54c45b96_zps0dvurhrc.png

Before getting under the satin covers Bella glanced at the framed black and white photo she kept of Mortimer on her bedside table. Smiling as she looked into his dark eyes.

61c2b9bd-1bdb-4950-8473-fee4bddc6645_zpssjxhb8iq.png

Bella rested her head on her pillow next to her sleeping husband, a smile spread on her soft lips, her last thought before she drifted of was of Don's brilliant green eyes.

Continue to Chapter 2
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Interesting, can't wait to see how it unfolds! Bookmarked :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong Thank you! I have a lot planned for the Goths!
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    LOOOOOVE it! <3
  • Options
    @BabyDollAnne Thank you for the kind words! Hope you stick around to see what's in store!
  • Options
    StephKillahBStephKillahB Posts: 84 Member
    I like this! You're a great writer.

My only suggestion, if you don't mind me giving you one, is possibly putting this story somewhere else besides the forums. For me, I would rather not read through the readers' comments to get to the next part of your story. I think a different platform would be better for you because then you have the option to design everything on your site/blog how you see fit. For example, I use WordPress and a few others use Tumblr.

Anyway, I'm just throwing that out there for you. This is well-written story so far, and I'm interested in reading more. :)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Please check out my TS4 story: 'Ineffable'
  • Options
    I like this! You're a great writer.

My only suggestion, if you don't mind me giving you one, is possibly putting this story somewhere else besides the forums. For me, I would rather not read through the readers' comments to get to the next part of your story. I think a different platform would be better for you because then you have the option to design everything on your site/blog how you see fit. For example, I use WordPress and a few others use Tumblr.

Anyway, I'm just throwing that out there for you. This is well-written story so far, and I'm interested in reading more. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I've written some stories on tumblr before but I found it difficult to get feedback and comments on my writing. I opted for the forum because the simlit community seems very active and supportive. Hopefully I can use hyperlinks to make the reading process easier.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    following!
  • Options
    eric_the_sims_maneric_the_sims_man Posts: 343 Member
    @noxxims Off to a great start!
  • Options
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Great story so far is suggest WordPress as a place to post stories. It's free and easy to use, although I also use tumblr as well.
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @noxxims I'm really liking this so far! Lots of description and atmosphere. Definitely bookmarking :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    @OJenn I'll check it out!

@Hemera123 @Thymeless thanks! Glad to have you reading!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked!

I agree with you...the forums can gain you much more readership than a blog. The downfall is the st*upid censorship. It really limits you.

Love the writing! Hope you continue!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick Thanks for the support! And yeah I'm really having an internal struggle over how mature to make this story. How much... description to use lol
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    That was my issue, thats why I decided on tumblr, must more "adult" accepted materials over there! #nudiesims
  • Options
    noxxims wrote: »
    @pammiechick Thanks for the support! And yeah I'm really having an internal struggle over how mature to make this story. How much... description to use lol

Because of the forum, I've had to take it down a notch...if you don't want to do that, a blog might be best. I have many young teen readers. Lol! I've done some hot and heavy screen shots but they're for my eyes only out of respect to the kids out there. Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Because of the forum, I've had to take it down a notch...if you don't want to do that, a blog might be best. I have many young teen readers. Lol! I've done some hot and heavy screen shots but they're for my eyes only out of respect to the kids out there. Ha!

Yeah I definitely want to respect young readers. Although this story might contain mature themes I'm hoping it will be something everyone can enjoy and I'll keep the smut in my head :P
  • Options
    Just make sure Cassandra and Alexander don't walk in on mommy and daddy! o:)>:)
  • Options

Yeah I definitely want to respect young readers. Although this story might contain mature themes I'm hoping it will be something everyone can enjoy and I'll keep the smut in my head :P

LOL! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Or mommy and Donny! Ooooohhhoooo lol :#
  • Options

Didn't want to add spoilers to an unwritten part yet... lol ;)
  • Options

Didn't want to add spoilers to an unwritten part yet... lol ;)

Don't worry, just joking! It's much more complicated than that.