Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Ideas...

PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello everyone! My name is Playitt with two ts' and welcome to a general discussion about... Expansion Pack ideas. Ok then... let’s start this:

Seasons - I loved The Sims 3 seasons and would like to see it return in The Sims 4 - I liked the idea of having the different seasonal holidays and your Sims getting time off work to spent time with your family or have a party. Talking about parties I really enjoyed all of the different parties: dressing up on 'Spooky day', having a gift giving party on 'Snowflake day' (BTW that is a great way to make money if you are just starting off), having a pool party on 'leisure day' and getting romantic (kissing Sims, a date or two, plenty of woohooing and maybe a trip to the spring festival) on 'Love day'. Speaking of festivals I really enjoyed that aspect of having a day out, playing lots of festival games e.g. hotdog eating contest, ice skating ect. Also I really enjoyed taking greeting cards; however, I take the first card in summer and then forget to take them every season. Oh well, I think I am a VERY forgetful person. Also it will give us a chance to use the Holiday Celebration Pack. Overall I think it would be a very nice addition to the game.

Generations/A family themed expansion pack - I really loved this expansion pack and it would definitely be in my top 5 expansion packs. I loved the way that if focused on the life of your Sims and gave every age groups more and more things to do. For example children could dress up, go to boarding school ect. Teenagers could play pranks and go to prom and they can graduate high school. Young Adults and Adults (maybe elders) can take part in the new job: Daycare. Adult Sims can have midlife crisis (they will won’t to move house, change their appearance and flirt with other Sims). Elder Sims now have canes and lots more interactions (so do all the other age groups). I would like to see all of these make an appearance and much more! I also think that it would make a fantastic expansion pack.

Pets - I loved the idea of having animals into the game, it brings something else to the game. It bought a sense of responsibility to the game (making sure all of you pets have food, have a bed and are actually taken care of). There are three types of (main) pets: cats, houses and dogs, with loads of other secondary pets: birds, turtles ect. Let’s start with the dog... I love how you can train them new tricks e.g. how to sit ect. I really hope that EA (if they will be doing a pets expansion) will not take this out as it felt like (to me anyway) that I have completed everything with that particular pet. I also feel the same way about cats. Horses only made an appearance in The Sims 3 Pets and not in The Sims 2 Pets or The Sims Unleashed. So I really hope that they do include horses. None the less no matter how many pets there are I am very certain they it will be a fantastic expansion pack.

University Life - I really enjoyed taking my Sims to university and I would really like to see it again in The Sims 4. It made life more interesting for them. It gave them a chance to start a new life or to make something of their life. I loved the different groups and I loved the way you could unlock new interactions that you could unlock as you got father up the ladder. I loved all the subjects that they could study but I would like to see more like in The Sims 2 University. I would also like to see be improved is when you have a degree in a subject you get more then getting to lv.4 of the career you have chosen. I also like the way that you can live in dorms, Fraternities, sororities or just rent a house. There is a new life state: Plantsims I don't really know what else to say about them they are just really there... so yeah. This was a really good experience and would love it to be in The Sims 4.

Supernatural/Making Magic - I think that this was the first ever The Sims 3 expansion pack that I ever brought and I loved the ideas of all the new life states: Vampire ( It was in Late Night but if you didn't have it they would come with Supernatural with lots more abilities), fairies, witches, werewolves, ghosts (they came with The Sims 3 but they were not available to create CAS) and genies (if you have showtime installed). I really loved the idea of 'embracing the supernatural'. It came with tones of new content and I hope that all of these things are in The Sims 4 (if this expansion pack does come out). The one thing that really annoys me is the zombies and there being no way of turning them off. But other than this it was a really great expansion pack and I would love to see it in The Sims 4.

Late Night/Apartment life - I think that Late Night is one of my most favourite expansion pack ever for the Sims 3. It gave loads more lots. Bars apartments. It gave your Sims new things to explore and lots more things to do on dates instead of going to the movies. With the new skill: mixology it will give you the chance to 'dive' at local bars. I really hope that EA do consider making one of this an expansion pack. I would definitely buy it.

Island Paradise/holiday themed expansion pack - I really loved the idea of living in tropical paradise considering that I live in Britain and it mostly rains. :( . I really liked how you could build your own houseboat and I really liked the all in one bathroom – they really saved time! I like the idea of being able to run your own resort – like running a business in The Sims. It was very fun to play with. I also liked all of the new skills snorkelling. I t gave you the chance to explore underwater find treasure and even find the new life state: mermaids. Although I have not had chance to play with the mermaids from what I have watched they seem pretty cool. From what I have seen and played it seems like a great expansion pack. I would like to see it in the future with more added content!

My friend @lavenderbag came up with all these fantastic new expansion pack ideas and I think all of these should be included:

'-Get to School expansion: a few people have mentioned this and I think it's a very good idea. Like GTW but in school! If you could control a particular child sim in class and decide whether to do the work or throw paper aeroplanes and stuff, that would be awesome :D

-Personalised lifespan: like in the sims 3, where you can edit specifically how many days you want your sim to be a particular age for. I find that the 'normal' lifespan is too short in adulthood (it's very hard to get to level 10 career, find a partner and have kids AND achieve a couple of ambitions in a total of 42 adult days - I like to start the game with 1 young adult sim.) and the 'long' lifespan keeps the children as children for far too long! :p

This one was inspired by 4 in a Bed:
-Run your own hotel/B&B! Like the retail thing in GTW, but you can live there and cook the meals or hire people... A bit like running a resort on TS3 IP, but actually good. :p

-The private school headmaster coming over for dinner to get your kids a place at private school from the Sims 2? I'd like to see that make a return. He always used to go and sit in the hot tub, and then he always gave my kids a place ;)

-Also, maybe Apprenticeships for teenagers? Like work experience. They get a part time job in one of the careers and get paid, as well as a boost for their career progress/skills in the future?!

-My last suggestion for the moment, I think you should be able to - maybe in an expansion or something - be a film star and make your own TV shows that are actually played on the TV or sing/play songs and have them played on the radio! Maybe you could have a book convention if you're an author or something? :)'

Thank you for taking the time and reading all of this. PLEASE feel free to comment because my question is: what expansion packs you would like to see in The Sims 4? This is my first EVER thread (sorry if I rambled on and if I forgot to add something it’s because I started writing this at 10:30 pm and it is now... 00:45 am)

Bye for now,
Playitt
Life is better when you have friends...

Post edited by Playitt on

Comments

• Options
    YTSparklesYTSparkles Posts: 205 Member
    Love these ideas!! :) :D :p
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    *cough*
    It's lavenderbag
    *cough*
    Change it before she notices it and is no longer your friend.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks @ploppp I am terrible at spelling!

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I always have to talk about Supernatural/Making Magic EPs. I'm a die hard Supernatural lover, Sorcerers, Werewolves, are my absolute favorites.
    However Supernatural was very limiting.
    First thing that made me upset were the wands, it made it look like the magic was in the stick not the person. Also Hand Magic shouldn't be something that you purchase, but I would prefer it be the default way of doing spells and buying the wand from the Skills section in Buy mode/some magic shop in town/wands being usable collectables.
    Second maybe it was just me, but I couldn't make a sexy werewolf in both forms.
    Fairies I hated the "tricksters" Stereotype. and this time I hope we have a wide variety of Fairy types, like people say tinker bell, but also becoming a Fairy Godparent or a Tooth Fairy.

anyway Check out my EP idea: Magic is Coming, link in my signature.
    It solves the zombies spawn problem.
    Comes with a world perfect for magic
    and New Spells, Life States, and Objects as well as upgraded classics. Players should have the freedom to create their own stereotype supernatural either traditional folklore or modern media portrayals.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    IsmelllikemintIsmelllikemint Posts: 56 Member
    We need seasons.. I never had it in Sims 3 cuz I slept all the time but anyways I really want it in the Sims 4
  • Options
    The Iron RobotThe Iron Robot Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey Sims 4 creators

YOUR GAME IS OUTSTANDING!

But I can't play it with my friends and I would really appreciate if you could add a multiplayer version that supports game packs and expansion packs

So that the game is twice the fun

and also you can add robbers to the game that rob houses

still I hope that a multiplayer version to the game will exist hopefully
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who has commented so far and I really like all of your ideas!

• Options
    SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    *cough*
    It's lavenderbag
    *cough*
    Change it before she notices it and is no longer your friend.

*shifty eyes*

Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • Options
    I agree with you @Playitt I would really like to see more Majors like in The Sims 2! I like the fact you can live in Dormitory,
    Fraternity or a Sorority!
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the comments!

• Options
    Keep them rolling in!

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I like the idea of a Farm/Ranch expansion pack. Complete with chicken coop, milkable cows, horses, and pigs that will eat your spoiled food scraps.

Another idea I have is that of a Circus/Carnival expansion pack. They could include lions, tigers, elephants, and trained seals, and circus performing acts. They probably won't do this because of controversy over use of wild animals in circuses though.

I also like the idea of a Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night expansion pack. With restaurants (fast food, diners, ethnic food and fine dining), bowling alleys, movie theatres, arcades, dj/dance clubs, and even amusement parks perhaps. Or Amusement Parks might be its own expansion pack/game pack (objects like the ferris wheel and carousel are likely to be time consuming to make).

University/University Life should definitely make a return. I like the abundance of majors in Sims 2, but I like that adult and elder Sims could go in Sims 3, not just young adults.

Generations should make a return for sure, and I think this is where they should introduce toddlers. They could even call the expansion pack Toddlers for all I care. All the stuff for toddlers should be included, like strollers, playpens, high chairs, and baby swings, plus they should include family activities like scrapbooking, teaching children to help cook/bake, and possibly sewing. Sewing could otherwise be included in a later Hobbies expansion pack, which could include sports, pottery, fixing up junker cars, dance lessons, and competition between Sims.

Seasons is another must-have that I think they will do eventually. I really miss having weather and seasonal festivals in the game.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    I agree!

• Options
    LibraMissLibraMiss Posts: 1 New Member
    I think they should make a Cities expansion pack for the simmers that just can't decide on one family. I myself play with multiple families, and even let my friends try it out. Having to evict already made families just to make more makes it difficult, especially if you want a large family and all that are left are small lots.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited May 2015
    I just Love Love Love Supernaturals so I hope they make something like it for Sims 4 soon, I hate to wait like for Sims 3 with all the "boring/ normal" (to me at least ;) ) expansion packs. I have them all though (but got the normal ones much later -and like them for different things (except pets, don't really like it at all). But Supernatural is my favorit because of the simple reason that you can play with different species not just sims, it makes what would be normal gameplay, like having kids etc, much more fun to me as you can mix and match. I would especially love if they could actually make it so there is hybrids this time, like meant to be ones, that would be so cool! I do get that that would require more work and coding tho :/ I've been thinking a lot about this recently and instead of getting stuff that we already got and can play with in Sims 3 I would think supernaturals like angels or demons would be awesome! It would be so much fun exploring new supernaturals :D
    Edit to add: And getting new supernaturals would also make people more interested in buying so they can try them out I think. If someone has already decided they don't like -say werewolf in Sims 3, they probably won't get a pack for the Sims 4 with the same thing in it.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    MasonGamer's Magic is Coming EPs/GPs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShawnaGJonesShawnaGJones Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to see a travel ep where they have different world you can chose to live in or visit. Like sims 3 World adventures but with more places you can actually live in.
  • Options
    moonyuliangmoonyuliang Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2015
    I like the idea of the Pet Expansion Packs. And I think cats and dogs and horses are not enough, more animals, like snakes, birds, fishes, even dinosaurs and dragons.
  • Options
    I like the idea of the Pet Expansion Packs. And I think cats and dogs and horses are not enough, more animals, like snakes, birds, fishes, even dinosaurs and dragons.

Great Idea! Love it!

• Options
    I just Love Love Love Supernaturals so I hope they make something like it for Sims 4 soon, I hate to wait like for Sims 3 with all the "boring/ normal" (to me at least ;) ) expansion packs. I have them all though (but got the normal ones much later -and like them for different things (except pets, don't really like it at all). But Supernatural is my favorit because of the simple reason that you can play with different species not just sims, it makes what would be normal gameplay, like having kids etc, much more fun to me as you can mix and match. I would especially love if they could actually make it so there is hybrids this time, like meant to be ones, that would be so cool! I do get that that would require more work and coding tho :/ I've been thinking a lot about this recently and instead of getting stuff that we already got and can play with in Sims 3 I would think supernaturals like angels or demons would be awesome! It would be so much fun exploring new supernaturals :D
    Edit to add: And getting new supernaturals would also make people more interested in buying so they can try them out I think. If someone has already decided they don't like -say werewolf in Sims 3, they probably won't get a pack for the Sims 4 with the same thing in it.

I totally agree with you!

• Options
    I would love to see a travel ep where they have different world you can chose to live in or visit. Like sims 3 World adventures but with more places you can actually live in.

Maybe you could get opportunity to visit the different places with work, school ect. You could work there/go to work there for a week or something and then if you like it stay or not go home! Also go on holidays and get a visa and live there for a while. I love your idea!

• Options
    Love your ideas! You are all so good at this!

• Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    I really NEED a pets expansion pack, and I really wish that it would be more in depth! I want pets, farm life, wild life, the ability to own a pet store and sell pets... You know what, I am not going to list everything I want. Just look at my signature... :D
  • Options
    Koalagirll wrote: »
    I really NEED a pets expansion pack, and I really wish that it would be more in depth! I want pets, farm life, wild life, the ability to own a pet store and sell pets... You know what, I am not going to list everything I want. Just look at my signature... :D

I know how you feel!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top