Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmperorSimsLadyEmperorSims Posts: 56 Member
    Hi – I was excited about posting my start to this, only to be thwarted by the forum. Even though I've been a member for, well, decades, I apparently don't have enough points/comments to post pics. So for all my pics try using the url to my flickr album after deciphering this spelled out address: https colon //flic.kr/s/aHsksHy3gF Detail pictures of all the TARDIS rooms, as well as ongoing story pics as I post them, are available. Please note that there are comment fields below the pictures (which are likely to provide story/information) so scroll down if that interests you.

I’m going to give this challenge a go… I’m not sure I have a lot to offer with a story, but I like that it is a challenge with no money requirements - I am sick to death of money making slowing me down in challenges and environment is most of the interest for me. So, here is my opening info:

First Funambulist (tightrope-walker)

Genius
    Loner
    Bookworm
    Ambition: Nerd Brain

My TARDIS

I started with a lab I had already built for my secret agent base (available for dl at the exchange under my ID, LadyEmperorSims) and expanded out from there. I’m pretty happy with the balance between traditional TARDIS and something warmer and a little more steampunky. I did it with no cc so it’s a bit empty and characterless – Hopefully once Sims move in it will take on a bit more of an eclectic look as I customize their rooms and start cluttering the place up with collectibles and so forth.

I am still working on the surface. To start with, I used another artist’s park for the grounds, but then started to chip away at it significantly for my own purposes and now I don’t think I want to go this route at all… So that will be completely redesigned at some point (except the TARDIS portal).

Back down in the TARDIS, there are areas for just about everything. The main console room has a variety of games and electronics lying around, a library, and a game room. The Funambulist’s bedroom is also on level one, just off the game room. Down a side hall are doors to a wardrobe room and a pool (with spa and gym). On the lower level there are complete labs, collection vaults, and greenhouse. A separate section holds a living area with a large common room/kitchen and companion bedrooms.
    44273859985_b98b615a44_o.jpg
    Find me at the Gallery HERE
    See my screencaps at Flickr HERE
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Holy smokes. That is an awesome TARDIS. I like what you did with the main control room. Those street lamps really add personality to it!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsksHy3gF 

TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Thanks, nastyjman! I can't tell you how much I miss Sims 3 build CAS... I like how that console looks, but the NEED to change around the colors and textures on the thing is painful.
  • Options
    BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member

Welcome @LadyEmperorSims hope you have fun with the challenge Your TARDIS is so cool seriously There is so much detail Makes mine look bland I think I will need to find a new TARDIS Interior designer Oh
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    I haven't played The Sims in forever, mainly because a few months back I finally got a PS4 and I've been playing a lot of it lately. Thankfully I still have the Time Lord challenge on my save file so I can pick back up where I left off. Great job, everyone! :)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I haven't played The Sims in forever, mainly because a few months back I finally got a PS4 and I've been playing a lot of it lately. Thankfully I still have the Time Lord challenge on my save file so I can pick back up where I left off. Great job, everyone! :)

OMG your signature & Avi make me cry. I loved Alan Rickman. I'm a little devastated over the whole thing. :'(
  • Options

OMG your signature & Avi make me cry. I loved Alan Rickman. I'm a little devastated over the whole thing. :'(

I know, I am still devastated over the whole thing. He was taken far too soon. :'(
  • Options
    Thanks BloodRedSister - Your story is so amazingly creative! My journey will be exceedingly dull in comparison so I threw all my energy into making it look pretty instead. :wink: Once I build enough equity to post pics and links, I'll make a story post to share.

On another note, to the crowd at large, I discovered something kind of useful (unless it is deemed too cheaty)... My #2 is going for Friend of the World, so I decided to do a full house of companions and it hit me that I could make them a group. I made them a group that allows all sorts of sciency things (like collecting frogs, microscope use, telescope use, rocket use, etc.) and disallowed fighting (against the challenge rules) and woohoo with other group members (because... Dr. Who :wink:) and found that it made going out to adventure kind of easy/automated.

Pros: Its easy to go out together because you call a group meeting. Once you are out, everyone you are not actively controlling automatically does group activities which makes microscope samples and frogs plentiful. (I wish I could add "dig" to the list but can't find it.) I didn't add any social things to the list, but you could.

Cons: The club social and moodlet perks could be seen as unfair advantage in the context of the challenge. Also, when all the group members are together, they seem to automatically go into group meeting mode which, at home, is a bit of a nuisance. On the other hand, having everyone in group mode at home is a super-fast way to manage everyone in skill building - It eliminates a lot of babysitting.

There is a pic of my club settings at my flicker (see post above). I, personally, am going to limit it's use to excursions only (not use at home) with the main focus on companion improvement with anything that gives my main character too much of an advantage outlawed/limited.
  • Options

Welcome back @LaceyAnn520 Hope you will enjoy the challenge again Theres so many possibilities to explore I love it

Hey @Spacey72659 Thank You for posting the last 2 episodes of the 8th Librarian I really enjoyed your Time Lord LPs Just wondering if there will be a 9th sometime maybe soon ?

And Thank You @LadyEmperorSims for reading my intro story adventure One more episode to go I think Your Companions Group is a great idea with all the science related options I had a similar thought for the Sisterhood of Karn but that is mostly Old Science like Witchcraft that I might feature in a later story
    When you say you need more equity to post pics what exactly do you need ? Is it badge related or something else ? Maybe I can help ?

Have a wonderful day guys
  • Options
    Welcome back @LaceyAnn520 Hope you will enjoy the challenge again Theres so many possibilities to explore I love it

Hey @Spacey72659 Thank You for posting the last 2 episodes of the 8th Librarian I really enjoyed your Time Lord LPs Just wondering if there will be a 9th sometime maybe soon ?

And Thank You @LadyEmperorSims for reading my intro story adventure One more episode to go I think Your Companions Group is a great idea with all the science related options I had a similar thought for the Sisterhood of Karn but that is mostly Old Science like Witchcraft that I might feature in a later story
    When you say you need more equity to post pics what exactly do you need ? Is it badge related or something else ? Maybe I can help ?

Have a wonderful day guys

Aww thank you - glad you enjoyed Eighth. I just recorded the first two parts of Ninth (Part 1 will be posting Tuesday :D ). I had a TON of laughs with Ninth so far, I think this season is going to be interesting!
  • Options

I know, I am still devastated over the whole thing. He was taken far too soon. :'(

Agreed. I still get emotional thinking about it. I'm almost afraid to watch any Harry Potter b/c I might lose it. He was such a beautiful man, inside and out. Such a loss.
  • Options
    > BloodRedSister wrote: »
    > When you say you need more equity to post pics what exactly do you need ? Is it badge related or something else ? Maybe I can help ?

I need 20 more points before the forum will let me do anything other than post straightforward comments. I think those get built by others hitting "like" and "awesome" on things I've said. So, if people what to do that a couple of times to get me there, I wouldn't say no. :smile: I've been a member here for over a decade, but it looks like my account rebooted 4 or 5 years ago and I don't have credit for that. And in the past few years I have mostly been posting over at Carl's. So, I'm being treated as a newbie.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Oh thats easy enough @LadyEmperorSims And I posted a new link to your flickr
    Post edited by BloodRedSister on
  • Options

Found him I was just settling in to watch the LP and then Oh double abductions Im sure those aliens had a big surprise So funny
  • Options
    @Spacey72659 - I've been watching your series for the second time to get inspired to play the challenge again. Unfortunately, I've been job hunting lately so I haven't really had the time to play it, but watching your challenge is really getting me excited to play The Sims again. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I subscribed to you, and I think you're a really awesome YouTuber. Keep on being awesome!

288.gif
  • Options
    Found him I was just settling in to watch the LP and then Oh double abductions Im sure those aliens had a big surprise So funny

That cracked me up. Love that the MC Command Center has an occult addition now. I missed aliens so much. LOL
  • Options
    @Spacey72659 - I've been watching your series for the second time to get inspired to play the challenge again. Unfortunately, I've been job hunting lately so I haven't really had the time to play it, but watching your challenge is really getting me excited to play The Sims again. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I subscribed to you, and I think you're a really awesome YouTuber. Keep on being awesome!

288.gif

Awww, thank you so much!
    I know how hard it is job-hunting, so good luck! I hope you find some thing really good soon.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    The Fundamentalist has had his first regeneration. Meet Second! His randomly rolled aspiration is The Curator.
    e9kmx3B.png

• Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks @BloodRedSister

I added two new LPs to the front page of the challenge.

Ginger Munchkin - https://youtu.be/WZIh6S58rwc
    Nugua Plays the Sims! - https://youtu.be/AylVs7NpS9w
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    thefairosethefairose Posts: 67 Member
    hi so I had to do a factory reset of my computer but I forgot to backup my save files so I will begin anew with this challenge, Owner of the challenge thing can delete my story
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm sorry that happened but consider it like the Doctor going back in time to correct wrongs.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'm such a huge Doctor Who fan, I'm actually going to Gallifrey One, a Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, in three weeks! *excitement!* My friend and I make badge ribbons every year (as trading them is really big at this convention), so this year we made "THIS IS MY ZYGON COSTUME", hahahaha. ^_^;;

As a huge Doctor Who fan, I am saddened at the fact that only one Time Lord Challenge has ever been submitted to the Stories and Legacies Index, a Sims story link directory that I happen to maintain. *wibbles* This is the bestest challenge guys... go submit your stories there! (And video format is totally fine, Spacey's happens to be my "only one" at the moment. ^_~ )

I may have to figure out how to modify this challenge to Sims 3 and try to give it a whirl sometime myself...
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wish they would make a two minute Doctor Who movie for our sims to watch.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'm such a huge Doctor Who fan, I'm actually going to Gallifrey One, a Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, in three weeks! *excitement!* My friend and I make badge ribbons every year (as trading them is really big at this convention), so this year we made "THIS IS MY ZYGON COSTUME", hahahaha. ^_^;;

As a huge Doctor Who fan, I am saddened at the fact that only one Time Lord Challenge has ever been submitted to the Stories and Legacies Index, a Sims story link directory that I happen to maintain. *wibbles* This is the bestest challenge guys... go submit your stories there! (And video format is totally fine, Spacey's happens to be my "only one" at the moment. ^_~ )

I may have to figure out how to modify this challenge to Sims 3 and try to give it a whirl sometime myself...

-jealous- xD

Hmm, for Sims 2, I think a family option would be the way to go, and possibly for 3 as well. -starting up sims 2-
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top