Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    SimsByFairySimsByFairy Posts: 64 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Welcome to the TARDIS-Thread @simsbyfairy! :) I added your blog on the front page.

Thanks! And thank you for an awesome challenge :-)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Anyone else planning on taking their Time Lord out to eat and discover aliens and a ship in the basement?
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Anyone else planning on taking their Time Lord out to eat and discover aliens and a ship in the basement?

I'm actually spending more time planning my Time Lady spin off HAHAHA. Wasn't even thinking about Dine Out in the TL challenge. It would be funny (if the novelty of running a restaurant didn't wear off) to have a TL run one that moves around/changes theme with each of their regeneration's - so... the Tardis is essentially a restaurant I guess is what y thought process is LOL.

I feel like, for me personally, the novelty will wear off in like a week - I don't really care to run one, but watching the trailer it does look way better then I expected and I might actually own one in some game just to try it out. But I don't see it holding my interest enough to run 12 different ones over the life of a game LOL. But who knows. Get to Work was way better then I thought (I always hated the work related EPs and University and now University is one I want next so....)
  • Options
    KimenoKimeno Posts: 9 New Member
    #Whovian XDXD i Have to do this XD
  • Options

I'm actually spending more time planning my Time Lady spin off HAHAHA. Wasn't even thinking about Dine Out in the TL challenge. It would be funny (if the novelty of running a restaurant didn't wear off) to have a TL run one that moves around/changes theme with each of their regeneration's - so... the Tardis is essentially a restaurant I guess is what y thought process is LOL.

I feel like, for me personally, the novelty will wear off in like a week - I don't really care to run one, but watching the trailer it does look way better then I expected and I might actually own one in some game just to try it out. But I don't see it holding my interest enough to run 12 different ones over the life of a game LOL. But who knows. Get to Work was way better then I thought (I always hated the work related EPs and University and now University is one I want next so....)

A Tardis restaurant that changes every time your TL regenerates would be cool to try. T.A.R.D.I.S. Time And Restaurant Dining In Space.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited May 2016
    That's a fun concept! Reminds me of The Bistromath Ship in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a ship that runs on the mathematics of over-priced restaurants. Because of this, it achieves lightspeed because of its ridiculous math.

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Bistromath
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Oh my!

I'm pumped for the Restaurant and this patch: http://www.wral.com/-the-sims-removes-gender-barriers-in-video-game/15746660/
  • Options
    Oh my!

I'm pumped for the Restaurant and this patch: http://www.wral.com/-the-sims-removes-gender-barriers-in-video-game/15746660/

I was literally just thinking that is going to make this challenge so much more interesting - too bad The Librarian is almost over - I could totally have seen some of his prior regeneration's taking advantage of this LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey folks, sorry if I've been in and out of this thread. I've been writing a novel for the whole year, so my time has been stretched between gaming and writing.

With the recent patch, my interest was rekindled. I've been thinking of improving the current challenge, and one solution is borrowing concepts from the Disney Princess Challenge and the History Challenge. Both challenges have a set theme on each generation. Currently, the Time Lord Challenge is loose and flexible with each generation (you can choose whatever aspiration you have on each regeneration).

Here's a draft on the possible themes on each generation for the Time Lord Challenge. I will be testing it this weekend since it's the only time I can actually game.

Any feedback would be helpful. Of course, you can always veer off the themes below, but having this option gives Simmers an opportunity to play a story with a beginning, middle and end.
    First Time Lord: A New World
    Your TARDIS has taken you to a strange world, and you can’t wait to get your hands on it!
    Aspiration (Choose One): Curator, Outdoor Enthusiast

Second Time Lord: Shenanigans
    The populus seem to like you! Let’s see how far you can push them.
    Aspiration (Choose One): Chief of Mischief, Joke Star

Third Time Lord: Occupational Hazard
    To blend in, one must join the universal dread called “work.”
    Aspiration (Choose One): Master Chef, Master Mixologist, Computer Whiz

Fourth Time Lord: Sims 101
    You like the Sims. So much so that you consume every literature and history about their quirky race!
    Aspiration (Choose One): Nerd Brain, Renaissance Sim

Fifth Time Lord: Love All
    You are loved. And you can’t wait to love everyone back!
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic

Sixth Time Lord: Love One
    The heart yearns for one and only one...
    Aspiration: Soulmate

Seventh Time Lord: A Normal "Sim"
    A family is what you always wanted.
    Aspiration (Choose One): Big Happy Family (level 3), Successful Lineage (level 3)

Eighth Time Lord: TARDIS Where The Heart Is
    The TARDIS grows with a budding family.
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron

Ninth Time Lord: Soul Searching
    A loss, a death, a longing, some yearning. A hole has opened in your heart...
    Aspiration (Choose One): Bestselling Author, Painter Extraordinaire, Musical Genius, Grilled Cheese

Tenth Time Lord: Chaos
    Inside you, something rages like an unstable nebula
    Aspiration: Public Enemy

Eleventh Time Lord: Solitude
    The chaos dissipates, and there is nothing but silence
    Aspiration (Choose One): Angling Ace, Freelance Botanist, Bodybuilder

Twelfth Time Lord: Never Travel Alone
    Though life is fleeting, you are never alone
    Aspiration (Choose One): Friend of the World, Party Animal, Leader of the Pack
    Post edited by nastyjman on
  • Options
    I think the structured version is good for those who want to try this challenge but may like a more formal set of rules or guidelines.
  • Options
    I think the structured version is good for those who want to try this challenge but may like a more formal set of rules or guidelines.

Yep. Gives me an opportunity to replay the challenge again, but on rails. My other Time Lady, The Runner, didn't get much love. I'm gonna' redo her again with this rule set.

I'm also thinking about fully randomizing my traits on this playthrough. That will be fun since the aspirations are on rails, but the traits would be randomized. Would be funny if I get the "Good" trait, but I'm on the "Public Enemy" aspiration.
  • Options
    So Bummed out. All the CC Doctor Who paintings and etc I had for this challenge won't work in the game anymore :'(
    Now I can't have my hall decor that shows which 'regeneration' we're on, and my Tardis won't have it's Tardis sign on the outside. Shouldn't bother me as much as it does....but, the feels man. They are real.
  • Options
    So Bummed out. All the CC Doctor Who paintings and etc I had for this challenge won't work in the game anymore :'(
    Now I can't have my hall decor that shows which 'regeneration' we're on, and my Tardis won't have it's Tardis sign on the outside. Shouldn't bother me as much as it does....but, the feels man. They are real.

Ah crud. Sorry to hear. :(
  • Options
    SimsByFairySimsByFairy Posts: 64 Member
    Sounds like a great idea @nastyjman :-)

I am currently on my Fourth timelord, and still loving this challenge. Thank you so much creating it!

Here's my timelords so far :-)

VFxSku.jpg
    LiIobY.jpg
    IrScDF.jpg
    kC2VlB.jpg
  • Options
    Looking fabulous @SimsByFairy !
  • Options

That's too bad. I liked your Who art. I don't suppose they would consider a Doctor Who Stuff Pack?
  • Options

That's too bad. I liked your Who art. I don't suppose they would consider a Doctor Who Stuff Pack?

That would be awesome. There was a Doctor Who DLC for Minecraft on XBox, and there was that Katy Perry DLC in Sims 3.

It would be cool to see a Doctor Who pack for Sims 4.
  • Options
    iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    I'm starting the challenge today! I will play with the Gardener and the TARDIS will be a grecian colum.
    I'm really excited to start it. Thanks for making this challenge.
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
  • Options
    iamthek wrote: »
    I'm starting the challenge today! I will play with the Gardener and the TARDIS will be a grecian colum.
    I'm really excited to start it. Thanks for making this challenge.

Thanks! If you haven't checked the previous post, I'm toying with the idea of structuring the Aspirations for each regeneration. Here's the current draft on it. You can disregard this and stick with the current rules up on the front page.

Anyway, have fun with it and enjoy it with your Time Lord! :D

First Time Lord: A New World
    Your TARDIS has taken you to a strange world, and you can’t wait to get your hands on it!
    Aspiration (Choose One): Curator, Outdoor Enthusiast

Second Time Lord: Shenanigans
    The populus seem to like you! Let’s see how far you can push them.
    Aspiration (Choose One): Chief of Mischief, Joke Star

Third Time Lord: Occupational Hazard
    To blend in, one must join the universal dread called “work.”
    Aspiration (Choose One): Master Chef, Master Mixologist, Computer Whiz

Fourth Time Lord: Sims 101
    You like the Sims. So much so that you consume every literature and history about their quirky race!
    Aspiration (Choose One): Nerd Brain, Renaissance Sim

Fifth Time Lord: Love All
    You are loved. And you can’t wait to love everyone back!
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic

Sixth Time Lord: Love One
    The heart yearns for one and only one...
    Aspiration: Soulmate

Seventh Time Lord: A Normal "Sim"
    A family is what you always wanted.
    Aspiration (Choose One): Big Happy Family (level 3), Successful Lineage (level 3)

Eighth Time Lord: TARDIS Where The Heart Is
    The TARDIS grows with a budding family.
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron

Ninth Time Lord: Soul Searching
    A loss, a death, a longing, some yearning. A hole has opened in your heart...
    Aspiration (Choose One): Bestselling Author, Painter Extraordinaire, Musical Genius, Grilled Cheese

Tenth Time Lord: Chaos
    Inside you, something rages like an unstable nebula
    Aspiration: Public Enemy

Eleventh Time Lord: Solitude
    The chaos dissipates, and there is nothing but silence
    Aspiration (Choose One): Angling Ace, Freelance Botanist, Bodybuilder

Twelfth Time Lord: Never Travel Alone
    Though life is fleeting, you are never alone
    Aspiration (Choose One): Friend of the World, Party Animal, Leader of the Pack
  • Options
    AshKRomaAshKRoma Posts: 1 New Member
    I love it! definitely going to go and try this.
  • Options
    Anyone have any Time Lord kids that need the kids stuff?
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    If you use cheat you can make them have more then one kid per prego.
    This looks fun... But what about the Family Aspirations?

Yey! I took out the family aspirations from the aspiration pool. It is impossible to achieve within 20 days of a Sim's lifespan.

• Options
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    If you use cheat you can make them have more then one kid per prego.
    This looks fun... But what about the Family Aspirations?

Yey! I took out the family aspirations from the aspiration pool. It is impossible to achieve within 20 days of a Sim's lifespan.

Hi Rudiarose, the current rules now allows Family Aspirations; in this challenge, you achieve it when you complete Level 3.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried playing a Time Lord as a child? Instead of aging up to a teen, they revert back to day one of a new child version of a Time Lord.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried playing a Time Lord as a child? Instead of aging up to a teen, they revert back to day one of a new child version of a Time Lord.

Haven't tried it yet. Would be interesting, but they would age fast, won't they?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top