Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Essentials & Urban Homage Kits: Now Available

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    OR the pack is about to drop with a secret flare gun.

You ever think of that? Huh? Since you got your degree and you know everything?

Nah, I'll flag this for updating. Thanks for pointing it out.

UPDATE: We are now Flareless. Long live Flair.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    I use the small portable vintage record player from the other kit ( can’t remember name) in many of my households and it’s just perfect for me.
    I see no real need to invest in the party BB kit, since I never throw parties, unless it’s funeral parties. 😈
    If we ever get a Grimm Reaper pack I will buy the Discoball kit to celebrate, okay? I promi…

As for the CAS kit…the African style items such as the male top and the turbans are pretty nice, but I’m just not feeling it with the rest of the pack.
    I’m in my picky eating phase now, and I’m still hoping for an African inspired (adventure quest) world pack that includes traditional CAS items and music. I have a sim that wants to become a famous Djembe artist. Please make his dream come true.🪘💚
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 441 Member
    As an editor, it's hard for me to ignore glaring errors in corporate communications. It's a sickness, really... 😊
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
    edited April 10
    24/7 Party decorations sound wrong to me.

The game should hide these items until it's the right time to show them like Social Events or New Year Eve (Party Spirit tradition).

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'd say party top, fashion flop.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    Cover Art

Screenshot-20240410-134134-2.png

Screenshot-20240410-134143-2.png

I like the cas kit more than I thought.So I will buy both.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    The items look cute but neither kit looks essential to my style of gameplay
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I couldn't be less excited for the party pack LOL. My sims if they throw parties have house parties and family reunions at their homes. My nightclubs don't need a disco ball. Having lived through the disco ball era, I can state that they are very overrated.

The CAS kit looks really nice but I never buy CAS kits. I can't justify the expense when there is so much free CC out there.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    The CAS kit looks like it has enough stuff I might use to be useful, I don't really have much interest in the party kit.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited April 11
    Having lived through the disco ball era, I can state that they are very overrated.

True tbh theres lots of other disco lights that do better job than the OG disco ball functionally if all you want is to scatter light all around room

then again I guess og disco ball is most aesthetic when not in use 😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The CAS kit is gorgeous. At first I thought, "do we really need another party themed whatever?" but I'm sold after seeing the fog machine and record player. :blush:

I'll have to snag these whenever my current Stardew Valley obsession dies out.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    So many croptops... so very many croptop...

cautiously excited for fog machine, vinyl player and discoball idk if its just the promo images but the discoball seems kind of small though

I would have made it somewhat bigger like irl discoballs tend to be by default so hopefully it sizes up nicely

and opposite thing with fog machine i hope it sizes down and doesn't make too many sounds so I can use it in spooky builds :joy:

That disco ball does seem small. Yes! Sized down fog machine for spooky builds. 🦇
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Yeah, I think I'll pass this time around.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    The pictures of the items need to be in a higher resolution, it's very difficult to look at the items.

The kits look good, they both seem to have some items that stands out in terms of quality, I like several items from the CAS kit and the B/B also have some nice items like the stereo, the backlight tv and the fog machine.

I wish I could feel more positive about the state of the game overall though, because recently we have gotten an expansion pack with bugs, a shopping cart UI update and an EA Play price increase.

That said, not to dismiss the work that went into these kits, I think they look good.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Hmmm, I actually quite fancy the party kit. I won't be spending money on it though. Hopefully they might offer it for free one day?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Congratulations to Ebonix on getting her talent recognised.

I've stopped buying all the kits though, got enough CAS & clutter, just looking for something in the building line now.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,663 Member
    edited April 11
    The more I think about it, the more I like the party kit. I definitely see uses for the fog machine beyond the party theme, and I do like the stereo.

As nice as it is to see them continue to work with CC creators, I can’t see myself getting much use out of the Urban Homage kit. I just really don’t need any more crop tops or ripped jeans. I do love the jewelry , though, so that may sway me. But, please, for the sake of my sims who are over 20, can we have some new tops in classy styles that cover the midriff but don’t look frumpy?

Plus, shame on the Sims community on X/Twitter that tried to make an issue with EA over of the name of that kit, only to find out the kit was named by Ebonix themselves. People need to quit trying to create drama where none exists.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I like the party kit. I definitely see uses for the fog machine beyond the party theme, and I do like the stereo.

As nice as it is to see them continue to work with CC creators, I can’t see myself getting much use out of the Urban Homage kit. I just really don’t need any more crop tops or ripped jeans. I do love the jewelry , though, so that may sway me. But, please, for the sake of my sims who are over 20, can we have some new tops in classy styles that cover the midriff but don’t look frumpy?

Plus, shame on the Sims community on X/Twitter that tried to make an issue with EA over of the name of that kit, only to find out the kit was named by Ebonix themselves. People need to quit trying to create drama where none exists.

What's wrong with the name? :lol:
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Assuming it’s usable. It’s a kit after all.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    So many croptops... so very many croptop...

cautiously excited for fog machine, vinyl player and discoball idk if its just the promo images but the discoball seems kind of small though

I would have made it somewhat bigger like irl discoballs tend to be by default so hopefully it sizes up nicely

and opposite thing with fog machine i hope it sizes down and doesn't make too many sounds so I can use it in spooky builds :joy:

That disco ball does seem small. Yes! Sized down fog machine for spooky builds. 🦇

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,663 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Nothing.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,044 Member

YES!!!! Please! Some good looking, adult, classic clothing is all I ask.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited April 11
    crocobaura wrote: »

https://www.elle.com/uk/fashion/trends/a34220034/problematic-use-of-term-urban-in-fashion/

Tldr - "Urban" is a loaded word cause it's often used to replace "black" and often not in a positive way.

Edit: Interested in the disco ball and I like the headwrap + butterfly top in UH. But a lot of the items in UH are heavily recycled things we've had before. Congrats to Ebonix, tho.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    For a closer look at all items and swatches.

Party Essentials
    https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-cas-bb-preview/sp51.html

Urban Homage
    https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-cas-bb-preview/sp50.html
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    I like the Party Essentials kit more after seeing the pics. I might get them at the same time now.🙂
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    JAL wrote: »

YES!!!! Please! Some good looking, adult, classic clothing is all I ask.

Count me in! My dream kit would be "Boring middle-aged middle-class people".