Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,331 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    Also honored to be part of the program and hoping for many more awesim forum years on the new forums with everyone :)

Intrusive thought:
    anyone know that song thats like CHAMPION! jdjshfjsdlfjx CHAMPION! skdjdhddkldkdjd CHAMPION!... cause it won't stop playing in my head after i found out about the rank names
    Sorry and thanks *team rocket exit*

Now I have a song in my head! Was it...
    We got that trophy like a CHAMPION!
    Fell asleep right on a jet, we gone.
    Big rings just like a CHAMPION!
    No TSA, hop on a jet, we gone.
    etc.

Unfortunately no doesn't seem like it 🤔
    I think its older song and it sounded more like some sports chant thing
    oh well maybe it'll remain a mystery
    today i learned theres way too many champion songs

Is it Queen's 'We are the Champions'?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Also honored to be part of the program and hoping for many more awesim forum years on the new forums with everyone :)

Intrusive thought:
    anyone know that song thats like CHAMPION! jdjshfjsdlfjx CHAMPION! skdjdhddkldkdjd CHAMPION!... cause it won't stop playing in my head after i found out about the rank names

etc.

I wish it was but no :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member

Intrusive thought:

etc.

Is it “The Champion” by The Score?
  • Options
    edited February 15
    MrPlumbob wrote: »

Intrusive thought:

etc.

Is it “The Champion” by The Score?

Unfortunately not that one either 😅
    more similar to this than the other songs though

but perhaps we should stop searching before this thread is drowned by champion songs :lol: or should I make separate thread in off topic?
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Guess what I suddenly to my horror realized what it was and no its not even vaguely similar to any of those songs

What my cursed brain had conjured up this whole time was a very vague version of Champion...
    by Psy :joy:
    Why are you like this Simmingal

explains though, thats why there was no lyrics to be found
    anyway mystery is solved and I deeply apologize for cursing the forums with this revelation I am now going to go and listen to We are the Champions instead until that earworm leaves me alone
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    Guess what I suddenly to my horror realized what it was and no its not even vaguely similar to any of those songs

What my cursed brain had conjured up this whole time was a very vague version of Champion...

anyway mystery is solved and I deeply apologize for cursing the forums with this revelation I am now going to go and listen to We are the Champions instead until that earworm leaves me alone

Glad you found it! Well, on the bright side, at least you have a new playlist of "champion" related songs to listen to whenever you're in a celebrating mood :)
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member

Can't go wrong listening to some Queen. B)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited February 15
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Please also note that if a thread OP does not have an account on AHQ, none of the content they have on these forums can be migrated.

That might disqualify some of the older nominated threads. Especially for those OPs who haven't visited the forum in ages and will be unaware of the need for an AHQ account.

To follow up on this, there are a couple of things that are not clear to me because they have been worded rather ambiguously:

(1) If we do not currently have an AHQ account, but create one between now and the end of the nomination period, will those threads be migrated, or only if the OP had an AHQ account at the time that the thread was created?

(2) Will all nominated threads be migrated, or will the TS4 team be making its own determinations to pick and choose between nominated threads? If the later, will there be any transparency about what percentage of nominated threads will be migrated and what criteria will be used to make those selections?

If stats are not going to carry over fully for everyone, and will instead be based solely on whatever gets migrated, that's already not ideal... but I would particularly hate to think that some forum users could end up with artificially high or low stats based solely on whether the mods have personal biases for or against certain people and factor those feelings into what gets migrated. (Whether consciously or unconsciously.)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited February 17
    Deleted

Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    edited February 15
    I think it would be good to know if something nominated cannot be migrated
    especially with info threads that we might want to store information from to be reposted as new thread
    (say the original account that posted the information is inactive = cannot transfer to new forum
    we could mention its by that user but repost it)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    Will post count from the current forum be keep by members on the new forum?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,118 Member
    This is really sad. :( I'll miss these forums. I hope the new forum is as active/friendly and user-friendly as this one. I also hope it's as visually appealing.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,401 EA Community Manager
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Please also note that if a thread OP does not have an account on AHQ, none of the content they have on these forums can be migrated.

That might disqualify some of the older nominated threads. Especially for those OPs who haven't visited the forum in ages and will be unaware of the need for an AHQ account.

To follow up on this, there are a couple of things that are not clear to me because they have been worded rather ambiguously:

(1) If we do not currently have an AHQ account, but create one between now and the end of the nomination period, will those threads be migrated, or only if the OP had an AHQ account at the time that the thread was created?

(2) Will all nominated threads be migrated, or will the TS4 team be making its own determinations to pick and choose between nominated threads? If the later, will there be any transparency about what percentage of nominated threads will be migrated and what criteria will be used to make those selections?

If stats are not going to carry over fully for everyone, and will instead be based solely on whatever gets migrated, that's already not ideal... but I would particularly hate to think that some forum users could end up with artificially high or low stats based solely on whether the mods have personal biases for or against certain people and factor those feelings into what gets migrated. (Whether consciously or unconsciously.)

1. If you create an account before the migration, all of your content from Oct 2022 will be moved as well as any nominated threads you were the OP of.

2. The goal is to move everything nominated. We can't move content if the thread OP doesn't have an account on AHQ, and I cannot tell you if they do or don't for legal/privacy reasons.
    Will post count from the current forum be keep by members on the new forum?

Post counts will increase on AHQ by a value determined by the number of posts/comments that migrate.

IE:
    If you had 100 threads and comments on these forums that are moving, and have 20 posts already on AHQ as well (AHQ does not differentiate between threads and posts like Vanilla does), when migration occurs your threads/comments from here move over and you end up with a 120 post count on AHQ/EA forums.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited February 15
    Monet11 wrote: »

I am tempted to pester you into telling me how it ends. I am one of those annoying people who read the first paragraph of a book and then read the last paragraph of a book before deciding whether I want to read the whole thing. This is how I tricked myself into reading something by Clive Barker that gave me nightmares. But I digress.

Your story probably belongs on an external blog, but I already feel creeped out by it. I might not be able to handle the grown up version. :D

At any rate, I shall refrain from nominating your story, which I was considering, because it would be a shame to keep you hemmed in on a tiny forum when a blogpost would let you run free. It is an excellent story with great pictures. And those pictures need to be saved. Lots of work went into that. There's no question that it must be saved. That's my opinion anyway.

Captain must carry Captain over
    for if not the world balance will be shaken
    and the ships will sink
    and the full moon will never rise again

We simply cannot lose our resident werebeast not in these trying times

as for the story no worries
    just reminding we would love to read more of it
    and it would be nice to have it safe someplace internally or externally maybe both?
    both-is.gif

Thank you @Monet11 and @Simmingal!
    The Hall is a story that I'd like to continue writing at some point. Publishing it on an external blog would undoubtedly give me more freedom. I'm all for scaring the bejeebers out of people. I was one of them ghost tour actors once, although in my case I never had to act. Loved it. The Hall is going to be saved somewhere no matter what. 💀

I'm truly impressed with simlit authors that post updates on a regular basis and who even manage to complete the story. You're a natural wonder.
    I'm aware of how much work it takes, even outside of having to deal with a bunch of recalcitrant si... SIT STILL DARN IT! NO! I SAID NO!!
    HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO TURN 45 DEGREES, NOT 90, AND STOP PULLING CLAY LUMPS OUT OF YOUR PEACH, YOU ABSOLUTE NINCOMPOOP!!!!

And so on and so forth.

Aye. It's tough. It is very tough.

As long as the new forum is going to be similar to this one, I have no reason to sail into the sunset just yet. I just don't like anything that's identical to AHQ. That place feels cold and impersonal, although I'm going to be hopeful and optimistic about the future as always!

I have a question about migration: Out of my 16 tragic little threads there are only 1 or 2 that I'd like to take onto a possible new adventure. Will I be able to remove all of my other content that was posted after October 18, 2022 or just leave it all behind when the time arrives? I can't find an option to delete them here.

If that question was already answered, I apologize, I must have missed that post. I'm not wearing any spectacles at the moment. They ran off.

Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    edited February 25
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Reassured to know ship still has a Captain unless attacked by Kraken
    although I would still feel like we have better chance at conquering the Kraken with Captain just sayin,
    + yeah I have many stories but none of them are really *finished* *done* *complete* :sweat_smile:
    I just keep starting more of them and tangling them all together :lol: even when all the sims are dead
    I'm like ''okay but now I want to write story about this side character that visited their house once'' :lol:
    or ''what if these sims went to afterlife and it started all over'' dear watcher no Simmingal no.

I have also been wondering about being able to delete threads that we have made after October 18, 2022
    it was said that we can delete our comments and threads on new forum(?)
    but yeah would be good to know if these migrated threads will be treated similarily
    seeing as we can't delete them currently

thankfully most of my cringe threads were posted before 0ctober 18, 2022 anyway
    so I think I'll be able to wave them bye bye~
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,004 Member
    edited February 15
    I think it would be good to know if something nominated cannot be migrated
    especially with info threads that we might want to store information from to be reposted as new thread
    (say the original account that posted the information is inactive = cannot transfer to new forum
    we could mention its by that user but repost it)

@Simmingal - I am currently reviewing threads, whether they are nominated or not, and copying the content I don't want to lose. I am also following some of the links contained in the threads to other posts that may not migrate. Years ago, I created a OneNote file for the Sims. I have copied many threads over the years. I am mainly concerned about threads that are tutorials or have technical fixes. Usually, I only need the first few pages.

While copying content, I am pleased to see that photos are appearing where on the forum only an image icon is shown.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,002 Member
    I'm hoping that you guys and preserve my older threads where I show off my Sims 3 worlds, as well as many of the other threads for people who created their own Sims 3 custom worlds.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,004 Member
    edited February 15
    As I posted earlier, I am copying content from threads. Some contain links with URLs opening to the original sims 3 forum. You may try to follow a link a get a "page not found" message. Many of you may already know this, but I thought I would share.

For example "http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499348.page"target="_blank" won't open. To open the page in the current forum, I convert the URL by appending the thread number to

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/499348

If the link includes a page number to a specific post, I have not figured out how to get to the specific post. However, at least you will get to the thread and you can search for the post in the thread.

Edit to add: I just figured out how to get to a specific post rather than simply page 1 of the thread
    To find "page 11779281" such as in this example http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/740702.page#11779281"target="_blank

enter the page number into the comment URL

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11779281/#Comment_11779281
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    I was thinking about the first time I posted on this forum. I hadn't posted in a while (on the previous forum) and to my surprise, I discovered that I was no longer a member. I had to make 30 posts to become a member. I remember Rosemow being so kind and welcoming in her welcome to newcomers thread which helped make that upsetting discovery a little easier to take.

Anyway, it's with great sadness that I say goodbye to this forum. It's been fun, informative, and so much more. Definitely gonna miss it.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

(Idk if this has been answered before, I lost track)

So my email here and on AHQ is the same but not my name, is this a problem for my posts' migration?
    Here the name is Lenny_Ogg, on AHQ it's LennyOgg
    If it's a problem, what do I do?

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    (Idk if this has been answered before, I lost track)

So my email here and on AHQ is the same but not my name, is this a problem for my posts' migration?
    Here the name is Lenny_Ogg, on AHQ it's LennyOgg
    If it's a problem, what do I do?

If the email is same for answers HQ and forums it shouldn't be issue :)

everything posted after October 18, 2022 should migrate

when new forum rolls out your username will be your EA ID so if you wish to keep your forum username you should edit EA ID to match
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    Has anyone been able to edit their EA ID to match?
  • Options
    edited February 15
    haneul wrote: »

I was able to change it no problems :)

but hey! sudden thought: do you guys have sims 3 store with same username maybe? or were you on the older sims forum with same username? cause i don't have my sims 3 connected to this account or username and that could be it?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that you guys and preserve my older threads where I show off my Sims 3 worlds, as well as many of the other threads for people who created their own Sims 3 custom worlds.

You need to add them to the nominations thread.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    haneul wrote: »

Looks like it only needs to be the email address that matches, from this @EA_Cade said:
    "Your login for AHQ should be the same as for the EA app, if they use the same email as your account here everything you've posted here in the last 2 years (October 2022) will migrate eventually from this site to AHQ or the new EA forums. "
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.