Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims do you play?

Game refused to add another Sim and told me I have too many Sims. I had reached the 150 Sims limit ö.ö'
How many Sims do you actually play?
I have played all of them over the last ~ 9 years. All in one save...
And are you a rotational player or do you abandon households to start all over again with new sims?
I'm a rotational player and never abandon a Sim.
Ah and I should add that my Sims never die, therefore there's so many of them ^^'
a97531f107cc48a6db451c397cf772fb9ceef1d1.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

How many Sims do you play? 131 votes

Less than 10/ in one save
23%
bshag4lvdreamergrl84lisamwittmcruddZorgahaneulgreydonnlisasc360duhboy2u2kiwi84FinvolalemonellaSajahiLoriTSpbenson2006becks1112Rasia SilverAlanSimsAshtontoAshton22mikamakimon 31 votes
Less than 10/ in different saves
9%
freindlylolFlashMarkerJonathan777SimplyJenhellohannah2Sorak4McFizzleShizzlegrassharpSimAlexandriamanicobsessiveMoonlightGrahamKatofhyrule12 12 votes
Less than 50/ in one save
7%
brackencat31yesme88kokoro80pammiechickSilentKittySAEldarinRavenSpitnetney52ryouma17HavenRose 10 votes
Less than 50/ in different saves
9%
AlexaiKriskegoodcakebaker62mitchiebanjoClassicalSimMDianaSimsSERVERFRAWildIrishBansheeIsharellKerriganFatTribble23mightyspriteyesme 13 votes
Less than 100/ in one save
3%
Ravager619FlapGodleyjeansLady_BalloraRySBI 5 votes
Less than 100/ in different saves
6%
TheSpotted_CFreddyFox1234Ninja-Dan22Winifred_WillowOldeseadoggeEllupelluelluNate_Whiplash1Perti23 8 votes
More than 100/ in one save
22%
LeGardePourprebandit5SimmervilleJueJueimhappyelanorbretonBoergeAarg61APottscyncieSusim62EnkiSchmidtLenny_OggLiELFmusteniRedShoe7ZiafarHopeyStarrGrumpyGlowfishbirdonawireStina1701A 30 votes
More than 100/ in different saves
9%
Cabelle1863SimburianIObellemystang1972sclevenger08KathykinsKestrelDCsarabeth2984KimmerHandelUmbreon12Tammors 12 votes
I just create Sims and barely leave CAS
0%
something else (let us know in the comments below)
7%
GalacticGalColorist40Mariefoxprice83NinoosimLizzychicagoKilov17SweetieWright_84RedDestiny92SeashoreLiviapameler417 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 722 Member
    More than 100 in one continuous save since 2020. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    edited July 2023
    I play all households in one save
    but I move the households to "other households" when not playing the household at the moment

so I never hit the sim count because sim count only cares about sims that are in "my households" tab

randomized townies are deleted everytime i play

and as I play with premade sim families
    I don't really create extra sims that much
    other than maybe some sims from previous sims games or random temporary npcs
    or ofcourse sims born in game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    You may have to switch it to unlimited, but that usually makes the loading times longer.
    I have multiple saves, and can get past 100 sims by just creating Sims, not including their future kids. Other save files, I have created less Sims, and plan to have a smaller generation for the next one.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Less than 50/ in one save
    I play a dedicated save game that's devoted to a core of 5 families, one of which is my MAIN family. The other families are extended family and friends. In total, I start out with about 20 sims and at least 2 cats and one dog in most saves I've had. Now, I'll be adding at least 6-8 horses.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    I play rotationally and currently have 277 played sims in my game. I set the sim count to unlimited. I recently restarted my main save file and I don't have all my sims in it yet. I don't know what my highest sim count has been but I did have one save file with close to 900 played sims. I haven't had any issues. Loading time can be a bit longer but not unreasonable.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2023
    I think between "100" and "unlimited" there's an option for a limit of 200, which I believe is where I have it set. For me, that's the sweet spot of compromise that doesn't wreck my computer, but allows me to have most of my families active at the same time.

Now, if I kept active all of the families I ever played, it would probably be closer to 250 sims. However, I tend to take the ones that I'd like to keep, but are slightly less important to me, and I rotate them in and out of My Households. But they are still housed, have jobs, have relationships with sims that are in My Households, and I occasionally update them in CAS. (New outfits from new packs, new likes/dislikes, etc.). Then I do occasionally play them and then move them back to Other Households, though they do not make it into the rotation as often as my favorites. As a result, I have never had any of these households culled.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I have several saves, most of them dedicated to a "Theme" of sorts. Like I have a "Supernatural" save, that is all my supernatural gameplay and it has more families than I can count and I rotate between them all. I have a "Historical Supernatural" save that is basically the same families but generations prior(I wanted to explore the history of my vampires and what not a bit more without messing with my current saves). I have a save for "Growing Up" so these are families that I play from childhood up, and like with all other saves, multiple families that I rotate between. I have a save specifically for the Scenarios, each new family I make for the scenario is planned around previous scenarios and how I want their story to intertwine with each other.

So ya, I have a lot of sims lol. And they also never die, I have aging off on everything. I control everything, even their neighbors. Death only occurs if it's part of the story I'm trying to tell.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    If a house has more than four, it becomes unfun. If a neighborhood has more than 20 played sims, it's too much to stay on top of. I have multiple saves but tend to invest in one for a few weeks, then maaaaybe go back to another one. Some of my saves are too dense (as far as remembering who is who and what storylines were emerging) to really get back into, so I just keep loading houses and staring in bewilderment. I miss the days of TS1's sim biographies - -they were easy to access and I used them for notes about stuff that was going on.
  • Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    If a house has more than four, it becomes unfun. If a neighborhood has more than 20 played sims, it's too much to stay on top of. I have multiple saves but tend to invest in one for a few weeks, then maaaaybe go back to another one. Some of my saves are too dense (as far as remembering who is who and what storylines were emerging) to really get back into, so I just keep loading houses and staring in bewilderment. I miss the days of TS1's sim biographies - -they were easy to access and I used them for notes about stuff that was going on.

Same here. Plus, other Sims that I'm not playing tend to age and go through their life cycles and eventually die while I'm focusing on other characters. I'm always deleting saves that get boring and/or tedious.

I do have a save that I will probably keep and try to continue longer than I usually do.
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member

So if you saw my comment above I have WAY to many sims and I too at times have loaded up a save only to stare in bewilderment because I have no idea what was going on at the time I exited lol.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    Depends on the save - some have a lot, others have a little (for now). I use the unlimited setting, so I don't really pay attention to how many sims are in each save lol.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    Of my created Sims in one save, I have I think 22. Two of my Sim fellas are still batching it, the one Cantrell Daughter has four of her slated five children. None of Kayleigh's four sisters have boyfriends, that I'm aware of, and so there you have it. I do touch base with them now and then, but I don't do a traditional rotation due to the demands of Erik's career.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    cbinathenscbinathens Posts: 2 New Member
    More than 100 in one continuous save 2020.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    208 played sims in my main rotational save. The cast slowly built up starting 2016, with a large population spike in late 2018.

Out of those 208, some clearly are the main characters, while others drop in and out of the story on irregular intervals. In practise it's really Reed/Anderson/Miller/Manfred/Phillips/Villareal and whoever they have to deal with. I have a very hard time deleting sims, but oftentimes it pays off to keep everyone who ever had a line of dialogue around. Nothing like realizing that this semi-abandoned tourguide from 2018 is the PERFECT candidate to become my first spellcaster in 2021 :)

That said, I play a lot of short-lived side saves with my favs in alternate realities. The sim count in my current save is 19 sims in three households.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Sometimes I play one household, sometimes 10. I plan to eventually rotate between all the premades once I get everything set up. I also plan to rotate between all the households in my save that I share with the community. So my answer would be it depends on the save.

Also, not sure if you're aware (or if anyone else mentioned it), you can change the limit if you want to play more households.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 Yes, I'm aware of that but 150 is enough for my old Windows 7 computer and for me ^^' I moved a few Sims in the 'OtherHouseholds'
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @SweetieWright_84 Yes, I'm aware of that but 150 is enough for my old Windows 7 computer and for me ^^' I moved a few Sims in the 'OtherHouseholds'

That makes sense. I've never rotated between more probably 30 households. I plan to change that eventually.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    my "something else" is I have no idea how many I have or have had across any saves! I do know that once a generation I move family to other households and just play with the direct generation.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    I currently rotate around 28 households, which amounts to about 120 sims and my limit is set at 200.

I'm surprised that this option in your poll is currently leading, I thought I was in the minority. Just goes to show that EA needs to give more love and attention to rotational players so that certain things do not get ruined whilst we're away (such as uni degrees, relationships etc).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    I have 4 different timeline Game Saves with each being under 50 playing sims because there’s no way I could keep up with more than that. I only play vanilla with my
    up-to-date packs.😉
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2023
    Since legacy / Generational play is a my preferred style, I naturally and can eventually play well over 100 sims. My last family reached 97. If we're just talking households in general that may not even be "played", I've got up to 156, but those were what I call "Fake Not in the World Households" that just hold sims that I don't want to be in the actual "Not in the World" slot (basically sims without households are "Not in the World").
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 337 Member
    In My Households, I have 362 sims. Many of them are families, but most of them are single young adults like myself. I have my sim count set to unlimited, and also keep most of the premades in there as well as my game has a tendency to cull sims very easily. I don't play all of them frequently, but it's fun to see all of my sims around town. I can pretty much recognise all 362 of them even from a distance. (a lot of them have been in my game for years) I have about 26 households that I actually frequently rotate through, but I really just play any of my sims whenever I feel like it. I don't have a particular order or anything. I play with aging off, so I tend to create more sims whenever I get bored with my current sims. Most of the time, I always come back to my main 20-26 households. I guess I really should have voted less than 50 in one save, but since I do play any of the 362 at any time I want, I still think my vote is accurate. (Partly because I voted before I thought of this, and now I can't change it lol)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member

Would the household bios do what you want @Smellincoffee ?
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member

Would the household bios do what you want @Smellincoffee ?

As far as I know, the player has to edit that from neighborhood view, and it's not visible except in neighborhood view. In The Sims 1, players could hover over a sim's icon in the relationship panel and see their bio, and then ctrl-clicking a played sim (in the active household) would open up a box to edit it. You couldn't edit a sim in a lot you weren't currently playing, but it worked well enough that I remember it fondly. The sims 2 also had bios, but they were kinda hidden and that instant-read access wasn't there.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    It’s a little difficult to play more than 10 sims when I constantly restart my game :D I’ll learn someday!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·