Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite destination(s) for vacation ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
Hi,

What destination do you recommend to the sims ?

San Myshuno, Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, Tartosa, Henford-on-Bagley or maybe Chestnut Ridge ?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It depends on the sim and where they live and what their interests are. I haven't sent anyone on vacation to Chestnut Ridge yet.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I genuinely wish it was Mt. Komorebi because I really really wanted a world we can ski in but .. for some reason that world always ends up irritating me in some way so I think my favorite destination world might just be Sulani lol
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,854 Member
    Sulani is great for vacations or just a day out with friends. I have San Myshuno set up to be focused on nightlife in all of my saves.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    None of the locations given are official vacation destinations. That said, having just come back from 2 wonderful weeks in Oxford, UK for school, will go with Henford on Bagley. Now, if only we had a proper world building capability...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Selvadorada is my favorite. My sims have never had extended vacations in any of the non-vacation worlds because I regularly use them for day trips.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I use Granite Falls for vacations. Most of my sims are avid fisher people, and I love sending them to fish all over GF. Second best spot is Selvadorada. I made the El Jaguar a party spot for the tourists. I send my sims to Mt. Komorabi for a day of skiing and snowboarding.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Winter vacation :
    • Granite Falls
    • Glimmerbrook
    • Mt. Komorebi is the destination #1 for Winter
    • San Myshuno for the Sulani residents

Summer vacation :
    • Sulani is the destination #1 for Summer
    • Henford-on-Bagley
    • Tartosa
    • Chestnut Ridge

Adventure :
    • Selvadorada
    • StrangerVille
    • Batuu is the destination #1 for Adventure
    • Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I actually like Glimmerbrook as a vacation location. I never have my sims live there so when I do vacation there it feels fresh, not too much to do in the open neighbourhood area but put down a couple community lots and it makes the vacation more fun.

I like taking couples there for a few-day break from their kids, i think Glimmerbrook is a really relaxing area. I like the woods and is a good alternative to Granite Falls if you want a break from visiting there
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2023
    I feel it depends where the sims live normally

for example if you live in moonwood mill would you really feel granite falls is exciting travel destination eh not really
    at least I don't since i live in forest granite falls just looks like slightly more scenic backyard

then again i tend to feel sulani selvadorada and mt.komorebi are different to most other worlds we have
    so those are probably most used for vacations

i also feel it depends on what worlds ive already built ready to go
    like Tartosa could be tourist destination
    if I had not completely bulldozed and forgot about it :lol:
    maybe some day in future
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Ooh, this is a fun question!

In my gameplay, I take my sim family on vacation at least once per season.
    • Summer: Granite Falls
      I enjoy taking my sim family to Granite Falls to camp together and participate in family bonding. Typically with families I will go to my "campground" lot and have them set up tents, the portable game table, throw horseshoes, fish, look for frogs, and swim (my campground lot has a pool that appears as a pond). If I don't go to the campground, I utilize my "Little Jackalope Camp" lot and pretend my families are going so my sim's kids can earn their scout badges.
    • Fall: Selvadorada
      When I take families to Selvadorada, I always plan out a couple days worth of activities. One day is almost always dedicated to experiencing the Selvadoradian culture by visiting the town and eating local cuisine, visit the "marketplace" to buy exploration gear and souvenirs. The other day is typically dedicated to exploring the jungle as a family.
    • Winter: Mt. Komorebi
      Okay, Mt. Komorebi is one of my favorite destinations when I have kids in the family! I always prioritize meeting Yamachan and participating the in festival that is going on that weekend which usually ends up being the snow festival though I make a point to also go during the youth festival as well. I like to have one day where the family is experiencing the culture in the town, and another day to hit the slopes!
    • Spring: Sulani
      I really like to go to Sulani as a "spring break" vacation to get my sims ready for hot weather. When my sim family is in Sulani I typically plan one beach day, and one day to other activities Sulani has to offer like go snorkeling, volunteer on the island and pick up trash, fish, try local cuisine, etc. I just wish the game would provide notifications of the Sulani events because I would go those if I knew they were happening. I used to have a mod that gave notifications, but I ended up taking it out.

Then I have a slightly different list for honeymoon destinations.
    • Tartosa
      I have my sim couples stay at a resort lot I have in Tartosa to relax by the pool, take advantage of the spa packages, eat poolside while enjoying live music, etc.
    • Granite Falls
      Instead of camping, I have my sims couples rent a cabin and the vacation is more relaxing in nature. I also take advantage of the restaurant lot I have in Granite Falls during honeymoons.
    • Sulani
      Again, my sims couples focus more on the relaxing activities during honeymoons. They'll visit the spa lot, always visit the waterfall area, and eat at the romantic restaurant lot I have placed on the water.

I know my list is a little more detailed than some others, but I really love vacations in the Sims.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited July 2023
    Of course we love Tartosa (my favourite world) and Sulani.
    c3974d6d42e5a7e5166c9528fd28d256b4d4e525.jpg
    But we travel a lot and to not see all the main vacation worlds all over again we got a bit creative and placed 'places of interest' in less frequented worlds.
    Like the Tandoori Palace (a yoga retreat) and the Jedi Temple in Evergreen Harbor, for example.
    b3ad40cce918b238b757cb8d98ffd292abc644ab.jpg
    Or Saarburg (right pic below). But we also like to take short trips to other unusual vacation spots. Like Copperdale
    3b6f8d7d1be370d72e9386af33adab060ccf7c32.jpg
    Or San Myshuno
    06d4b2a80eb63168395fbc9f88abca08c69f7550.jpg
    Or place a campsite somewhere. Like here in Henford-on-Bagley.
    5f74f44a6abeafc53e851c29acd2c5cba5ae4ea7.jpg
    Moonwood Mill is beautiful in winter.
    4859efeab361a3a170df9914d0c9be6d97d0d291.jpg
    And Mount Komorebi in autumn.
    3cd70bcc25975fb5317e6b7e45dcd83a32fc6a36.jpg
    What we avoided so far are Glimmerbrook and Granite Falls because we can't swim there. But that's maybe an idea for the next vacation and we build a natural pool or sth like this.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I like variation in travel destinations in real life and in sims.

For relaxing
    Tartosa : a relax Mediterranean environment brings back memories
    Sulani: the world is so beautiful and always warm

For an active vacation
    Mt Komorebi : taking long walks in nature and up mountains is something I love doing in real life and in sims
    Selvadorada : I love sending sims in the jungle for adventure

Henford on Bagley : I just returned from a trip to the UK so Henford seems like a nice place to go
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Hi,

San Myshuno, Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, Tartosa, Henford-on-Bagley or maybe Chestnut Ridge ?

Is it actually possible to send sims to San Myshuno for a vacation? I’ve long wanted to be able to send sims there for weekend city breaks, but I didn’t think you could make any of the apartments into rentals. If anyone can tell me a way round this, that would be great!
  • Options
    Hi,

Is it actually possible to send sims to San Myshuno for a vacation? I’ve long wanted to be able to send sims there for weekend city breaks, but I didn’t think you could make any of the apartments into rentals. If anyone can tell me a way round this, that would be great!

I believe the apartments that are set as penthouses on top of buildings can be set as rentals as they are their own lots.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hi,

I believe the apartments that are set as penthouses on top of buildings can be set as rentals as they are their own lots.

Thanks @crocobaura But are they quite expensive to rent? As they’re kind of luxury accommodation I would assume they’d be out of reach for a lot of my sims. And ideally I would like them to stay in normal apartments, not penthouses. But if penthouses are the only way, then I’ll have to work with it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Selvadorada is the best vacation world in Sims 4.😉
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @FreddyFox1234 @crocobaura Not sure about penthouses, but the Old Salt House residential lot and the 2 karaoke bars can be changed to any lot type. Possibly the Stargazer Lounge and the gym as well.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Oh yes, thanks, I'd forgotten about the Old Salt House. I'd already replaced it with a spa but maybe I could rethink that.

I realised I didn't actually respond to the OP's question... My answer overlaps with others here. I take my sims to all those destinations depending on where they currently live and what season it is. Of the worlds listed, I use Sulani, Tartosa and Mt Komorebi the most, for the obvious sunshine/beach holidays vs. winter sports holidays. Maybe Henford feels a bit too much like home for me to send many sims there (I live in the UK) :)
  • Options
    @FreddyFox1234 @crocobaura Not sure about penthouses, but the Old Salt House residential lot and the 2 karaoke bars can be changed to any lot type. Possibly the Stargazer Lounge and the gym as well.

All the penthouses where you can bulldoze the walls can be changed into any lot type, same as houses on the ground. I made a restaurant in one of them. The apartments can't be changed, but the lots on top of buildings aka penthouses, can be changed and you can make them look like they are part of the building.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've turned all rentals in regular worlds into residentials. If my sims ever go on vacation, it will be to Granite Falls, Selvadorada or Batuu. To be honest, I'd rather LIVE in Sulani than merely visit for a few days.

My favourite all year place is Selvadorada. Granite Falls in spring/summer/autumn. Most places are uninhabitable for me in winter XD My real home is cold enough during that time, don't need my sims to freeze as well.

I miss TS3 World Adventures immensely.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Hi,

I have a rental on the penthouse lot in the art district. It is great for a city trip type of vacation.
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I've turned all rentals in regular worlds into residentials. If my sims ever go on vacation, it will be to Granite Falls, Selvadorada or Batuu. To be honest, I'd rather LIVE in Sulani than merely visit for a few days.

My favourite all year place is Selvadorada. Granite Falls in spring/summer/autumn. Most places are uninhabitable for me in winter XD My real home is cold enough during that time, don't need my sims to freeze as well.

I also turned some of the rentals into residential lots. If I can use a rental lot for something else, then I don't hesitate to change it.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a rental on the penthouse lot in the art district. It is great for a city trip type of vacation.
    Kathykins wrote: »

I also turned some of the rentals into residential lots. If I can use a rental lot for something else, then I don't hesitate to change it.

The only problem with that is that without a rental lot you can't actually take a vacation in that world. I discovered this when I realized that I have no rentals anymore in Sulani. All my sims travel all over the place and they usually stay at community lots where I incorporated a bedroom or two, but if they want to take a vacation, then you do need to have a rental. Would be so much nicer is we could just plop a tent on the ground and call it a camping vacation.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2023
    My most used worlds are selvadorada, mt komorebi and granite falls. I’m now using copperdale a lot for a vacation world and like it a lot using the world that way. I’m hoping once I get the horse pack on sale to use that a lot as a vacation world. Sadly I won’t be able to stay at a rental horse ranch (ie horses to ride on vacation) as I’m not interested in having them in a household
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I love Sulani as a break destination for my sims, though I quite like Tartosa too
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I often don't even remember to take vacations with my Sims. Usually only around the holidays or perhaps the kids summer break. Selvadorada has been a favorite of mine, even if I'm not being an archeologist. I've turned that massive penthouse in the fashion district into a vacation lot and I also often pick that one as well.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!