Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horsing Around 🐎 🐴

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm not buying that description it sounds way too good to be true horse racing in Sims 4 not a chance no way would they animate a horse race.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I doubt the description is correct, or it must have been very badly auto-translated. EA would never praise their own animations like that :)

That said, I never thought of horses possibly being restricted to one lot or trails, but it could actually be likely. Re cars, I never understood what my sims would use them for as the world is not open like in TS3. Same goes for horses, we should expect some sort of arena to use them, being a sports venue or ranch. Yes, they could benefit from the hood's common ground, but probably not without routing issues as they would meet Judith Ward ad Nancy Landgraab frequently, and those ladies would not be interesting in stepping aside to let a horse pass on the path. So, a riding trail in a new world, a horse racing arena (will most likely be rabbit hole), and your ranch might be it. I'm actually more concerned with what lots would be large enough to keep a horse if they are stuck to that lot. A stable and a field might get into only a handful lots... Can we hope for a communal ranch where your sim just rent one slot in a stable for their horse? I guess that is how it often works in real life. So many questions :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The SDX tomorrow makes a roadmap / EP announcement this week even more unlikely.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I would like to see horses in the game but I'm concerned about how it's going to work. If they make them like the cow/lama then they are going to be very bland however, if they are done like the cats/dogs then I'm not sure how we could even have a "Ranch". Because a family of 5, well then I will want a barn cat, and well we have to have a farm dog.... and well now I have one slot left for a horse. Not much of a ranch. lol
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    edited June 2023
    I’d have my doubts about horse racing in a Kentucky Derby sense. They’d have to write a whole program for it in order to have the AI control the other horses (even if it was just a rabbit hole) in order to get an outcome that results in a ln order of finish and I don’t think the game has ever had anything like that before as precedent. I think the code could accommodate something like barrel racing or show jumping because that’s more along the lines of things the game can already do (the video games, basketball, etc) as a more one-on-one type of thing.
    Can we hope for a communal ranch where your sim just rent one slot in a stable for their horse? I guess that is how it often works in real life. So many questions :)

I could see a ranch possibly being a lot type and having horses owned by different sims there. I’d actually like that very much. I board on a 56 acre ranch and we’ve got a couple of arenas, paddocks, a couple of pastures and some trails (not horribly long trails, but I can get about 5 miles if I ride the loop twice). I wouldn’t even really mind if horses were locked to it, just make a really big lot like a 64x64 (or bigger) and they could have some room to do what they need. Can’t even ride off property where I board (well, I can, but it’s a one lane each direction road with no shoulders and people drive way too freaking fast). Only way off really is to trailer (and if I could just stick my pony in my pocket inventory in real life, it would save the fuss of having to hitch up my trailer, etc so much easier πŸ˜‚)
    Post edited by Haflinger on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited June 2023
    with sims logic the horse probably goes inside the backpack and from there can be placed on various horse related activity items or they can be placed down anywhere like the bicycles

or both

at home theres probably some item to blob your horse on to take care of it the way we have the sheds

I'm hoping that this time its not a shed though but something that can be built around easily

if we have wild horses those probably won't go everywhere like in ts3 but probably spawn at particular point in new world similar to how greg spawns in certain place
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hope we get wild horses!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    I hope we get bigger lots than those 30x20 ones to build our ranches on.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    We are so going to need alot of 50X40, 50X50, some 43X30 & 64X64 lots. Those horses are going to need a lot of room to run & gallop. ;)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I usually prefer smaller homes (even 30x20 is too big for some of my families), but horses need space, so I have no doubt that the new world will provide it. My guess is that it will be similar to Henford-on-Bagley in that we'll get a town centre for things like markets, bars and the usual community stuff on smaller lots, and the other neighbourhoods will be wide open spaces with big lots and areas to explore outside of them. What concerns me more is the total number of lots, it's probably just going to be around 12 again, not nearly enough to build a dedicated horse community and still have space for public buildings.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    I usually prefer smaller homes (even 30x20 is too big for some of my families), but horses need space, so I have no doubt that the new world will provide it. My guess is that it will be similar to Henford-on-Bagley in that we'll get a town centre for things like markets, bars and the usual community stuff on smaller lots, and the other neighbourhoods will be wide open spaces with big lots and areas to explore outside of them. What concerns me more is the total number of lots, it's probably just going to be around 12 again, not nearly enough to build a dedicated horse community and still have space for public buildings.

If this is an EP, they better have more than 12 lots.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As lovely as that would be, 12 lots have become the new standard for EPs, unfortunately. Evergreen Harbor and Mt. Komorebi were the only EP worlds since Cats & Dogs that had more, and the only worlds with significantly more are San Myshuno, Windenburg, and the two original base game worlds.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited June 2023
    as many might have noticed small worlds with small lots is the Simmingal way :lol: so I'm not gonna be upset if so

but honestly I think if any world ranch world would have big lots to torment me because that whole build style is pretty much just these massive flat one story houses

maybe indeed there will be town with some western saloon style buildings though which might take smaller lots

my biggest fear is that its too Oasis Springs I wish it looks tad more like Deadtree or next town from Strangerville so I can tie it in the Strangetown realm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    as many might have noticed small worlds with small lots is the Simmingal way :lol: so I'm not gonna be upset if so

but honestly I think if any world ranch world would have big lots to torment me because that whole build style is pretty much just these massive flat one story houses

I always think I want to build on the big lots, but then I get there and have no idea how to fill it up and make it a nice lot. It's just a big house sitting in the middle with a tree haha
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I love animals, so I'm looking forward to this, especially if there are other animals as well as horses! I don't know how they will make it into an expansion pack rather than a game pack, but we'll see what it brings I guess. :)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited June 2023
    Horses Expansion is pretty much confirmed !!

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    Yay! Plus two kits!
    76be6aaf50873f2e9b6807416489447d9d330e04.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    Oh my word πŸ’• mini sheep and Goats! Wish we had ducks too 🀣 and pigs!
    Could the kits be an animal kit πŸ™ˆπŸ€£
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Ok, the nectar making, and goats and sheep are great. I'm excited. I'm pretty jealous of what horses can do as compared to dogs now though!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,245 Member
    edited June 2023
    The gameplay is like Cats & Dogs, I mean no horse = no gameplay

At least Cottage Living had a gameplay even if you don't play with animals.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited June 2023
    Can’t wait. Also In one of the pictures, there’s a Native American looking sim with two braids !!

KSUxsP1.jpg

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Are those PAINTABLE CEILINGS I see???? :o