Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Release May 30

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited May 2023
    Thankfully that glitch with washing machines and dryers has been mentioned. That was so annoying. I was constantly having to sell the broken machines and buy new ones. I’d give the washers the “laundry additive” upgrade and then have to re-add it every time I purchased a new washing machine.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I loaded up my game & my dryer broke almost immediately, lol. However, it’s only happens once since then.
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Anyone else have a glitch where the game wouldn't load up unless you took the EA app offline after updating? This is on a brand new computer with no mods at all so it's not that. Was fixed easily but I'm curious if this happened to anyone else
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Carmine wrote: »
    Anyone else have a glitch where the game wouldn't load up unless you took the EA app offline after updating? This is on a brand new computer with no mods at all so it's not that. Was fixed easily but I'm curious if this happened to anyone else

What I have is now every time I start up EA app and click on sims 4 it says error patch needs to be downloaded or something like that, but patch is downloaded, I have to exit the ea app go back in same thing. So I moved the sims 4 game icon to my task bar clicked on it and it started. So now it takes at least two restarts of the app and one of these days I am convinced it won't start at all no matter what I do. I hope I am wrong, but it is ridiculous always issues after a patch.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Didn't see anything about the console CoL black/white cross stitching bug. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Stop changing the console controls.

EA have stated that they believe these changes "reduce the overall complexity" of playing on console. But they don't play on console, we do!

Please spend your time fixing actual bugs instead of changing things that have never been an issue for players.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Unfortunately mine updates automatically.

It’s way too easy to get a strike anyway, I mean sometimes my sims just can’t make it to the classroom on time because it takes forever to cross the school. Or they had fallen asleep.
    A lot of time they get strikes when I’m not even playing them, it’s not fair.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    « Teens that get expelled from high school will no longer be able to reenroll ».

What ?! Nooo!! I play with aging off, you mean to tell me that my sims, who got expelled when I wasn’t even playing them (I didn’t want this and don’t even know what they did wrong), and are systematically expelled at the end of every school day ever since, is gonna be out of school forever ??
    No, please just make the “three strikes thingy” reset. I bought HSY to be able to use it.

Unbelievable, isn't it? Certainly not the solution I expected when I saw this point on the laundry list. My guess is that they couldn't figure out how to reset the strike system and just decided that not allowing expelled teenagers to re-enroll was the next best thing.

Well, now I'm definitely not updating until a modder fixes this. At the moment the patch doesn't even show up for me, but I can live without it. There isn't anything in the patch notes that I actually need.

Maybe l they should just put a toggle on HSY where being expelled isn’t allowed….
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member

SimDork23 wrote: »
    I loaded up my game & my dryer broke almost immediately, lol. However, it’s only happens once since then.

I'm not sure they addressed the bigger issue where they break functionally, not on the gameplay level.
  • Options
    cowg0rlycowg0rly Posts: 1 New Member
    I just did the new update and reinstalled my mods..
    Does anyone else have these weird squiggly lines under every word on their startup? I’m a bit too scared to even go into my game now :#
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2023
    cowg0rly wrote: »
    Does anyone else have these weird squiggly lines under every word on their startup? I’m a bit too scared to even go into my game now :#
    Pics? I wanna see some squiggles
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2023
    cowg0rly wrote: »

Did you check for mod updates before putting everything back in? The patch may have been minor but it looks like it still broke a few mods. That's the thing with modding your game.. expect patches to break things. Check the current Broken/Updated Mods & CC thread here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008913/broken-updated-mods-cc-may-2023-grunge-booknook-patch/p1

I never patch right away unless I'm that eager for new content. Turn off automatic updates. Play offline if you can to avoid patching next time. This way you can wait for those updates and dodge any new game breaking bugs.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    It wasn't on the laundry list, but I think they fixed this visual glitch in low graphics/laptop mode where at one level of detail sims would get their forehead confused with their mouth. They were putting their coffee cups on their forehead to drink, and sticking forks in their eyes to eat. Unless you zoomed in or out to get a different LOD.
    12-14-22-11-54-14-AM.png

12-13-22-4-23-37-PM.png

12-13-22-4-23-41-PM.png

It wasn't a big deal but a little annoying. If it is fixed, I'm happy it was fixed!
  • Options
    emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    My Sims 4 game wont update. I keep pressing the update button (I've got this set up to do it manually, not automatically), but it keeps saying requires update even after I've updated. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Still cant play. Says requires update. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I’m just wary of the console changes. I just got used to it after the last changes and now they changed it again, and changed the speed buttons?

I’m sorry but console players weren’t asking Devs to go back and change it some more, they wanted an option to use the old controls and the community was very clear on this. It really seems to me like rather than hurt some developers feelings and accept the redesign failed and change it back they just want to keep pushing with a PC control scheme on a console.

I’ll give it a chance and everything but I don’t like “we heard you and listened to you” because no one was asking to change the game speed button. The problem in the first place was changing things people had gotten used to over years, I’m not sure changing more of them is the right move here.

The reason for the button changes (to align with CAS controls) makes no sense anyway as bumpers never switched sims in CAS, they changed outfit categories. This was never a problem for the vast majority of console players, and now many of us (including myself) are reluctant to play because of the inconvenient and unnecessary change. I have left feedback here (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/The-Sims-4-on-Console-Feedback-Thread/td-p/12611067/page/2), as have over 100 other console players. It feels like us console players are rarely listened to or properly considered at this point. @EA_Cade please revert the change or let us map our own controls!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    It wasn't on the laundry list, but I think they fixed this visual glitch in low graphics/laptop mode where at one level of detail sims would get their forehead confused with their mouth. They were putting their coffee cups on their forehead to drink, and sticking forks in their eyes to eat. Unless you zoomed in or out to get a different LOD.
    12-14-22-11-54-14-AM.png

12-13-22-4-23-37-PM.png

12-13-22-4-23-41-PM.png

It wasn't a big deal but a little annoying. If it is fixed, I'm happy it was fixed!

Oh my goodness thats terrifying :lol: "I'll eat you with my eyes :smirk: "
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Carmine wrote: »

My game loads but the households don’t. I’m working on mod testing now.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options

I'm not sure they addressed the bigger issue where they break functionally, not on the gameplay level.

Well, I spoke too soon. I feel like all my sim did today was fix the washer & dryer, lol. :D

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    emberelf wrote: »
    My Sims 4 game wont update. I keep pressing the update button (I've got this set up to do it manually, not automatically), but it keeps saying requires update even after I've updated. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Still cant play. Says requires update. Anyone else having this issue?

Yeah I got stuck in that loop today. Not finding any solutions suggested anywhere so far.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @emberelf Ok I found a suggestion. In the EA app, click the three lines in the top left corner. Choose help and then App Recovery. I think it's working! Unfortunately before I found that tip I opted to uninstall and reinstall the game so I'm stuck watching all my packs download for an hour or two before I can confirm for sure, but the "Update Required" message is gone right now.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member

Well, I spoke too soon. I feel like all my sim did today was fix the washer & dryer, lol. :D

https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=31
    If you're willing to fix this with a mod, I got you covered, @SimDork23.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Still no gardening fix. :'(
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=31
    If you're willing to fix this with a mod, I got you covered, @SimDork23.

I’ve actually never used a mod before, lol, but I might look into this one! Thanks!

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff

* We have called in a repair service job, and they came by and made improvements to the washing machines and dryers to make them more reliable

Oh good it works at last! sames goes for bust the dust as well. :smile:
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here