Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to play this game!

Have you found a solution yet? EA Help is not very helpful. I have called, emailed, and posted on the site and i keep getting the same things "its an on going issue that we are aware of, there is no solution yet"

I get into my game and three second later it freezes and then crashes ... This is getting frustrating.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2023
    @Gagea wrote: »

The soundtrack is in the Up All Night bonus content. I have the same Digital Deluxe Upgrade Edition. I was scared that I had lost that also but I googled it and the soundtrack is included. It's just not specifically listed. You can breathe easier now.

But how do you access the soundtrack? In Origin you could find it under Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Soundtrack.

According to EA :
    "Beginning June 13, 2022, game extras for EA titles will be unavailable through Origin and the EA app."

But The Sims 4 is missing from the lists

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-downloadable-extras
    https://www.ea.com/ea-pc-game-extras-change
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Gagea wrote: »

The soundtrack is in the Up All Night bonus content. I have the same Digital Deluxe Upgrade Edition. I was scared that I had lost that also but I googled it and the soundtrack is included. It's just not specifically listed. You can breathe easier now.

But how do you access the soundtrack? In Origin you could find it under Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Soundtrack.

Heya,

Those were moved to Spotify last year. Here's a link to all of them.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited April 2023
    I just opened my EA app to play after not playing for a few weeks, and my game is no longer downloaded. The Sims 4 folder is still on my computer with all of my saves, mods, and CC. Do I really have to redownload the game or is this a glitch? Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I just restarted my computer and the it's showing as normal on the EA app again. So if anyone else encounters this issue, try restarting.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    (...)

Heya,

Those were moved to Spotify last year. Here's a link to all of them.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Thank you for editing after solving your issue.
    My guess is it's a catch file thing.

I also recommend shutting down EA app completely, even the hidden part of the app. Then restart.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Make sure to clean out your cache in you documents & in the EA App. Also, do a recovery & repair just to be on the safe side. It's also best not to use mods.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

According to EA :
    "Beginning June 13, 2022, game extras for EA titles will be unavailable through Origin and the EA app."

Does that mean we loose the dlc for the sims medieval? Is that why the EA app keeps uninstalling the sims medieval on my computer?
  • Options

According to EA :

Does that mean we loose the dlc for the sims medieval? Is that why the EA app keeps uninstalling the sims medieval on my computer?

This only pertains to the digital extras (art books, soundtracks, etc.) you may have obtained, In game content is unaffected.

Please report your issue with Medieval on AHQ here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options

According to EA :

This only pertains to the digital extras (art books, soundtracks, etc.) you may have obtained, In game content is unaffected.

I tried but I can't figure out why it won't submit. I posted in the compose field but it won't submit. Sorry I'm very tired and don't know what it wants me to do.

This is what happens: I open the EA app to play the sims4. The app uninstalls the sims medieval and gives an error when trying to play the sims 4.

What happens is, I open the EA app and try to play the sims 4. Sims medieval is uninstalled and I can't play the sims 4 with it saying something like try again later. Try many time and error repeats - then I reboot computer - open EA app - Sims medieval is installed and the sims 4 works and can play the game.

I also looked for the sticky showing how to make a error report ID but I couldn't find it.
  • Options

According to EA :

I tried but I can't figure out why it won't submit. I posted in the compose field but it won't submit. Sorry I'm very tired and don't know what it wants me to do.

This is what happens: I open the EA app to play the sims4. The app uninstalls the sims medieval and gives an error when trying to play the sims 4.

What happens is, I open the EA app and try to play the sims 4. Sims medieval is uninstalled and I can't play the sims 4 with it saying something like try again later. Try many time and error repeats - then I reboot computer - open EA app - Sims medieval is installed and the sims 4 works and can play the game.

I also looked for the sticky showing how to make a error report ID but I couldn't find it.

Strange, can you run the report via the steps here and post the Report ID?
  • Options

According to EA :

Okay here it is.

ef1e7fea-469c-429f-b49c-74c3d40da354
  • Options

According to EA :

Okay here it is.

Thanks. Is this a disc version of Medieval or a digital version?
  • Options

According to EA :

Okay here it is.

Thanks. Is this a disc version of Medieval or a digital version?

It's digital with the pirates dlc. Sorry it took so long to get back, I was busy with the plumber getting a broken pipe fixed.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Something very strange is going on. Monday TS4 launched fine offline/unplugged. Wednesday, I got the message 'you have been offline too long' when I attempted to launch the game. There was a second message to the effect that 'we can't verify who you are.' and to go online and verify my identity. Did so, closed out, unplugged, and game launched. Thursday got the message to play something that doesn't require an internet connection. Rather uncaring and an admission that, despite the various promises (and 23 years of Sims practice) that offline play is still possible, the game is now online only. :(

Tonight, with internet connection plugged in (have online research to do), the app woke up before had done anything, and again said to verify that I am me. What? Checked and all looks fine. Just for chuckles, found the go offline button, tried it, and got Thursday's message. This says that somewhere between Monday and Thursday something was done to terminate offline TS4 play. Will be kind and simply say that am highly displeased with the current state of affairs.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited April 2023
    I just tried playing offline and was able to do so with no problem.

cPIqwWS.png

YCtfwiw.png

Loaded the game, clicked on the Gallery just to be sure I was offline, and it prompted me to go online if I wanted to connect to the Gallery.

ETA: My internet is always on. Wirelessly.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited April 2023

cPIqwWS.png

YCtfwiw.png

Loaded the game, clicked on the Gallery just to be sure I was offline, and it prompted me to go online if I wanted to connect to the Gallery.

I get this message after I log online, then go offline to launch Sims 4.

I must always be online, repair the app and launch online the first time each day. Unless I keep my computer on. If I put it to sleep or restart etc I must go back online and repair.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    My computer is never on unless am actually using it for something. Internet the same, in this case via whether the cable is plugged in or not. The first from ever since had a computer to save money, the second for protection, another early practice.

From Monday back, your lower shot would be up for only a minute or so then the game would grudgingly start. From Wednesday onwards, that shot would stay there until I shut the whole thing down and did something else. I've other things to do than wait for a game/app that doesn't work.

If I click on the app icon itself all I get is the initial ad page, nothing relating to repairing or verifying or whatever.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    This evening instead of being able to play, I had to uninstall and reinstall the EA App. It wouldn’t work, repair didn’t work either. Three hours play spent sorting the app out.

Then I had to update 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️. I was able to look at the gallery and get the houses for next play.

On the main menu when I launch the Sims it shows what I own. When trying to load a game, it says restart required and shows I have none of the packs. All the icons show underneath. I don’t understand what is happening.

Why is the app so buggy? 😭🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe I need to keep repairing and uninstall and reinstall every play? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,931 Member
    edited April 2023
    WHY IS THE EA APP NOT RECOGNIZING I HAVE THE GAME INSTALLED ! What is wrong with this launcher i am about to get VERY MAD !

edit; phew just another glitch :blush:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Today the app started when the computer did and showed the email & password screen. Evidently it is app generated, not something one can access. Entered the information, the app itself started - going to the advertisements screen (home page?). Tried the offline option in the upper left corner and got the same old nonsense about can't connect to the servers, play something not requiring an internet connection. It is increasingly apparent that either EA is telling us unnice stories or the app is so severely broken as to be worse than useless. Something happened on either 11 or 12 April to make TS4 an online only game. Problem is, there are plenty of posts in this thread and elsewhere showing it doesn't run properly online, either.

Have been discussing my woes with some of the IT guys at work (one being an avid gamer knowledgeable on EA) hoping they might know something that would work, and the consensus is the issue is broken software.

Time to 'fess up', pull the app, restore Origin, and let the players return to their game in peace.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I shut down the EA app completely, several times, and it still won't let me into Sims. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it, like somebody else suggested. I still can't get into Sims. I ran a cc cleaner, and cleaned out all my caches. I still can't get into it. I'm getting very frustrated.

BTW, why can't we use mods? Are you saying that EA app doesn't allow cc and mods? They made Sims so much more fun.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 715 Member
    This happens to me every week or so. I must restart my computer at least once, sometimes I must restart more than once. Thankfully it happened to me a couple times before any major updates so that I knew it was a separate issue from any updates. Everything is still there. There is just a glitch in the app recognizing the stored data.

Mods were easier to use back in Sims 1 when many of us were playing offline and from installed disks. Now that our games are updated every couple weeks, things are different now. I tried a couple mods a couple days ago and deleted them in less than a day. I used to love mods. Now I like the theory but not the reality of mods.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Always clean out the cache & local thumbnails in the Sims 4 Documents & EA App cache before downloading any updates, patches & games. ;)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member

cPIqwWS.png

YCtfwiw.png

I got that verification thing yesterday too, but other than that , after these messages I still can launch my game as offline.

However after some time of playing, App closes itself and the game , saying I need to restart the App. This does not happen if I go online game still on, like visiting the gallery. Then it stays open and I can still play unpatched game.

All worked too well before, I see. :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top