Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

Oh no, im having flashbacks to the 2015 gamescom Get Together EP dance party... Cringe.😬

Okay this gives me 0 hope for this stream lmao.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    sam123 wrote: »

Oh no, im having flashbacks to the 2015 gamescom Get Together EP dance party... Cringe.😬

Okay this gives me 0 hope for this stream lmao.

Let's look at this positively if it turns out disaster at least we have new memes :innocent:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This thread will be locked once the stream starts, please use the thread here for discussion at that time.

I'll unlock this post after the stream concludes.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2022
    Edit: I needa read better , my bad
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Who are these people? Why do they all look 12? This is all making me feel so old.

I'm mildly curious about all this, the hype is so insane. I'm more interested in the reactions when the reality falls short of the hype. Couple more hours to go.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Who are these people? Why do they all look 12? This is all making me feel so old.

I'm mildly curious about all this, the hype is so insane. I'm more interested in the reactions when the reality falls short of the hype. Couple more hours to go.

I know right! EA has finally made me feel too old to play this game. :/
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,936 Member
    edited October 2022
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    BetaFrog wrote: »
    oh i just thought of this, is there a French version of the summit ? like maybe captions or whatever ....

The translation is blablabla during 30min. :p
  • Options
    With Project Rene, players will have the choice to play solo or collaborate with others, and will have the ability to play their game across supported devices.

Well at least it won't be completely online/multiplayer. There's hope yet for TS5.

Are we to infer that there is nothing new till next year?

The child on a bike captured my attention.
  • Options
    SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member
    So what about the end of 2022 roadmap? Those EP are for next year? Are we getting anything this year?
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Sprigh wrote: »
    So what about the end of 2022 roadmap? Those EP are for next year? Are we getting anything this year?
    Yes we will! Yes indeed we will! I'm still wanting an new and upcoming music expansion pack first until we end 2022 sooner after Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas
  • Options
    Hmm....from the Overwolf site....
    Do your most rewarding work

You may not be in it for the glory. But if you’re leveling up the game, you should get the kick back you deserve.

With Overwolf, we help you monetize your creations so your favorite hobby can also be your side hustle. And when you’re ready to go pro, we help you turn your passion into a full-time profession.

Does this mean we will have to PAY for these mods/CC items?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

You may not be in it for the glory. But if you’re leveling up the game, you should get the kick back you deserve.

With Overwolf, we help you monetize your creations so your favorite hobby can also be your side hustle. And when you’re ready to go pro, we help you turn your passion into a full-time profession.

https://youtu.be/80XP0xYYATw
    I am not sure how they are making money to pay modders, but they claim the mods will be free.
    Maybe they will use ads?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    to celebrate the annoncement of the sims5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M its time to celebrate
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

That’s what I’m wondering. Bethesda does something similar but you gotta pay for some
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    A next generation sims game that can run on a mobile doesn’t sound good to me. I’m sorry but that’s limiting yourself right away.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    A next generation sims game that can run on a mobile doesn’t sound good to me. I’m sorry but that’s limiting yourself right away.

I wondered about that too, but maybe it won't be exactly the same game, just similar and translatable features, like maybe you could import a house or furniture set designed on mobile and such.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    All that they showed for the new Sims project looks good (especially for early stages), but it was all about building and I’m a gameplay player. I try to spent as little time building as possible. For now I’m glad there is something in the works, but it looks like building simulator at this point. What interests me the most are Sims, how they behave and what will be available with base game. Hopefully more than in Sims 4.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2022

Yeah, there are a lot of limitations on mobile, not only in terms of graphics but it also modding, sharing, the very things that made The Sims 4 popular.

I mean, they already have The Sims on mobile, The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Mobile, what you saw there is pretty much what they are able to do, even if phones are getting more advanced every year.

• Options
    CK213 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/80XP0xYYATw
    I am not sure how they are making money to pay modders, but they claim the mods will be free.
    Maybe they will use ads?

Thank you for answering my question without telling me to look at YT. I don't watch YT. I don't have Twitter. I don't use any social media for various reasons. So no, I won't go search out a YT. I just wanted an answer.

I don't have an issue with donating money to creators. I have several over on Patreon who I support but their content is completely free, not hidden behind paywalls. If they make money off donations? I'm there for it but I'm not going to pay for mods/cc.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    All that they showed for the new Sims project looks good (especially for early stages), but it was all about building and I’m a gameplay player. I try to spent as little time building as possible. For now I’m glad there is something in the works, but it looks like building simulator at this point. What interests me the most are Sims, how they behave and what will be available with base game. Hopefully more than in Sims 4.

To be fair, build/buy is usually one of the very first things developed for a Sims-like game and is easier to show-off than live mode gameplay. Paralives was the same when that was first announced.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    « Project Rene » looks amazing!!
    I think we’re getting a new lifestage (actual babies). I hope we get preteens too. And give us cars pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm excited for the CurseForge collab for mods/cc. Downloading, updating, and keeping track of mods will be so much easier. Plus the content (and the creators) will be screened and and have to pass certain criteria before uploading anything. Quality control is a good thing.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    What does everyone think of the new presentation style? I thought that it was more polished than the normal Sim Guru chats, but I missed the cosy feeling of their past style.