Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Darren wrote: »
    Another annoying thing I see is other sims asking you to prom, meaning that you will a relationship hit unless you go to prom every week.

I'm hoping this can be managed to some extent by being proactive about prom. From what I've seen in the early access videos so far, it looks like the other sims only ask when you don't already have a prom date. So I think the key is to either (a) ask the sim you want to ask as early in the week as possible, if you want to go, or (2) if you don't want to go, use the "agree to skip prom together" conversation option at the first opportunity.

I don't actually know that the "agree to skip prom together" option works in that way, as I haven't seen any of the gamechangers use it, but I'm hoping that it acts as sort of a placeholder to indicate that you're not planning to attend prom that week.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    New video from James Turner.
    - Visiting career day deleted his inventory
    - During cheer day everyone, including the judge, ran off and no winner was announced.
    His videos also highlight just how messy the layout of the school is. Because it's so big, it takes a while to get anywhere, meaning you have less time. On top of that, sims often move really slow, they'll have issues with routing, and might choose to sit in illogical places (his sim kept trying to eat in the principal's office, on the other end of the school from his class.)

People are (as we speak—hi builder game changers) building new high schools. James made one that is an improvement…

But yeah…that go-to-the-principal’s-room-to-eat glitch was annoying to watch! 🤪
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    Watched James' new video. It got a little messy and I'm starting to notice trends happening with possible bugs/oversights with this pack.

2 different sims asked his sim to be best friends, and one of them wasn't even high enough to qualify for "good friends". The other even interrupted his exam to ask, and then interrupted him AGAIN in the next class just to take a picture. I'm not necessarily opposed to the new autonomy that NPCs have, but the problem occurs when sims get negative sentiments from it, which happened when James turned down one of the best friend requests. Then, the sim that he WAS best friends with, wasn't even a student?.

I felt James created this problem for laughs. He knows very well that a sim can have more than one best friend.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Watched James' new video. It got a little messy and I'm starting to notice trends happening with possible bugs/oversights with this pack.

2 different sims asked his sim to be best friends, and one of them wasn't even high enough to qualify for "good friends". The other even interrupted his exam to ask, and then interrupted him AGAIN in the next class just to take a picture. I'm not necessarily opposed to the new autonomy that NPCs have, but the problem occurs when sims get negative sentiments from it, which happened when James turned down one of the best friend requests. Then, the sim that he WAS best friends with, wasn't even a student?.

I felt James created this problem for laughs. He knows very well that a sim can have more than one best friend.

Not without a mod. If you're playing without mods, becoming best friends with a sim after you already have a best friend will cause the first relationship to no longer be best friends (though I think it remains high)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Can they? Because currently as it stands without the pack a sim can only have one best friend. A feature which has always bugged me.
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2022
    So I have a problem here a few weeks ago I saw the trailer for sims high school years and was and is pretty happy about it ,but what I’m not happy about it why not sims 4 school years giving kids the experience to go to active classes not just teens and the the other huge fault with this is we got university and not one active class in the university so sims 4 high school years is kinda weird to me and I have yet to see the whole gameplay that makes this an expansion pack and the teens are looking like adults going to high school this was stage perfect opportunity to add some kinds of height system or a new sim life stage , if you have watching the trailer and gameplay live please let me know what game play your seeing ,because the app that lets you build clothes sell clothes is basically already in the game with get to work and get famous.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    They look just like young adults. I'm only getting it for the new world. Maybe I'll wait until it goes on sale. Shouldn't take it to long.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It looks like you can still have only one best friend. When he accepted the new sim as his best friend, his sim fell out of touch with Sidney and lost him as a best friend.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It looks like you can still have only one best friend. When he accepted the new sim as his best friend, his sim fell out of touch with Sidney and lost him as a best friend.
    That does make sense can't really have 2 best friends all others should just be friends.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That does make sense can't really have 2 best friends all others should just be friends.
    I'm torn on the issue. I can understand why the Sims team went with only having one best friend, I don't think it's anything too bad or anything. I wouldn't count it as a flaw, since it's based on the idea of having one friend you cherish over everyone else; the best friend. That's perfectly understandable. But for me, I have multiple best friends and wouldn't be able to choose one over the other. And I know a lot of people feel the same way.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Another annoying thing I see is other sims asking you to prom, meaning that you will a relationship hit unless you go to prom every week.

I'm hoping this can be managed to some extent by being proactive about prom. From what I've seen in the early access videos so far, it looks like the other sims only ask when you don't already have a prom date. So I think the key is to either (a) ask the sim you want to ask as early in the week as possible, if you want to go, or (2) if you don't want to go, use the "agree to skip prom together" conversation option at the first opportunity.

I don't actually know that the "agree to skip prom together" option works in that way, as I haven't seen any of the gamechangers use it, but I'm hoping that it acts as sort of a placeholder to indicate that you're not planning to attend prom that week.

I think you're probably right about this. I also think there is probably zero harm in saying "yes" if someone asks you to prom, but then not actually going to the prom event when the time rolls around. There shouldn't be any consequences for just cancelling/ignoring it at that point.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Can't you guys ever wait for the pack to be out and experience it yourself before complaining about it? It looks good in my honest opinion. It brought me back to actually playing the Sims 4 after a year not playing.

This is negative thread.Its for crititicisim , complaints, and concerns.I am glad your excited for this pack, but that it's still your opinion.Why other's have other opinions.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I watched newest James Turner's video. OMG, I was laughing so hard... So many glitches! I doubt they fix them...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2022
    babytes wrote: »
    So I have a problem here a few weeks ago I saw the trailer for sims high school years and was and is pretty happy about it ,but what I’m not happy about it why not sims 4 school years giving kids the experience to go to active classes not just teens and the the other huge fault with this is we got university and not one active class in the university so sims 4 high school years is kinda weird to me and I have yet to see the whole gameplay that makes this an expansion pack and the teens are looking like adults going to high school this was stage perfect opportunity to add some kinds of height system or a new sim life stage , if you have watching the trailer and gameplay live please let me know what game play your seeing ,because the app that lets you build clothes sell clothes is basically already in the game with get to work and get famous.

The active classes aren't really all that active.
    Your sim just sits there while the teacher teaches. You get a chance card once in a while, and occasionally another student may barge in on the class and claim there love for you, or friendship. Your main concern is just getting to class on time and keeping up with your homework and studies while managing needs. Big slots of time are given to 2 hrs before the first class starts and 3 hrs for lunch, and then the 2nd one-hour class starts.

I think the point of the pack is more social life than academics, which is fine with me because I get more than I want of that with Discover University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    I just watched recent James Turner video and before that I thought that T-posing was a bug. But... it is a feature? This is so stupid! Who does that and why?? I am too old for this, I never heard even from my son about it.
    Speaking of which, before this pack we didn't even know what "prom" is, nor boba tea. We don't have such things here and I have never seen this tea, even in UK. This pack is sooo American...

They have boba tea in the UK, I know people who live there who love it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I think the point of the pack is more social life than academics

To add to this, I don't really see elementary school kids' experiences being that fun. The only drama in elementary school is getting picked last for kickball or kids making fun of the kid who picks their nose. Sure, there are social circles but not like with teens. The drama doesn't really begin until middle school (preteens), same thing with cliques.

I would enjoy a pack that focuses on children and toddlers but I don't think the focus should be solely on elementary and preschool. Maybe a side feature?

With HSY, there are only two classes a day. I don't know about other high schools in the US, but mine had four classes, and some have eight classes a day. So, as @CK213 said, it's mainly focused on the social aspect of a teens high school experience moreso than the academics.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    I just watched recent James Turner video and before that I thought that T-posing was a bug. But... it is a feature? This is so stupid! Who does that and why?? I am too old for this, I never heard even from my son about it.
    Speaking of which, before this pack we didn't even know what "prom" is, nor boba tea. We don't have such things here and I have never seen this tea, even in UK. This pack is sooo American...

@Diassa Boba tea isn't American. It's from Taiwan and is popular in East Asia.

• Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I think the point of the pack is more social life than academics

To add to this, I don't really see elementary school kids' experiences being that fun. The only drama in elementary school is getting picked last for kickball or kids making fun of the kid who picks their nose. Sure, there are social circles but not like with teens. The drama doesn't really begin until middle school (preteens), same thing with cliques.

I would enjoy a pack that focuses on children and toddlers but I don't think the focus should be solely on elementary and preschool. Maybe a side feature?

With HSY, there are only two classes a day. I don't know about other high schools in the US, but mine had four classes, and some have eight classes a day. So, as @CK213 said, it's mainly focused on the social aspect of a teens high school experience moreso than the academics.

still beats rabbit hole school so it's a win for me ^_^
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They have boba tea in the UK, I know people who live there who love it.
    I live in the UK (under a rock lol) and never knew this, but you are right. I googled it and you can buy it all over the UK.

I will have to track some down now and give it a try.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited July 2022
    I like the T-posing. Every school will have sort of random craze that is incomprehensible to adults so its nice that they included one!

I feel like you have to make your high school small though to avoid alot of the glitches and so sims dont get too confused. But you also have a 64 x 64 lot to put your smaller school on.
    So the challenge will be how to landscape it (or you could just say '*&^% it!' and put a debug fairground on your school lot as well!!)LOL
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    New video from James Turner.
    - Visiting career day deleted his inventory
    - During cheer day everyone, including the judge, ran off and no winner was announced.
    His videos also highlight just how messy the layout of the school is. Because it's so big, it takes a while to get anywhere, meaning you have less time. On top of that, sims often move really slow, they'll have issues with routing, and might choose to sit in illogical places (his sim kept trying to eat in the principal's office, on the other end of the school from his class.)

People are (as we speak—hi builder game changers) building new high schools. James made one that is an improvement…

But yeah…that go-to-the-principal’s-room-to-eat glitch was annoying to watch! 🤪

Was that a glitch? I thought it happened because Reginald was "friends" with the Principal and sims generally tend to go out of they're way to sit with friends when eating.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm really worried about the social awkwardness trait. I would like it to work as it does up until you reach a certain level of friendship. Otherwise I will use it only temporarily. James' video made me want to cry for his Sim.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I'm really worried about the social awkwardness trait. I would like it to work as it does up until you reach a certain level of friendship. Otherwise I will use it only temporarily. James' video made me want to cry for his Sim.

It's truly painful to watch, but I guess it's realistic.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited July 2022
    Kironide wrote: »

It's truly painful to watch, but I guess it's realistic.
    I don't think it's too realistic, cause it suggests that socially awkward people can't make friends in face-to-face interactions. I don't mind the 'all actions fail' thing, but it should only happen when your Sim has a moodlet like 'over-thinking my words' and then for the duration of the moodlet they have a hard time interacting with others. Make it an obstacle in befriending Sims, not downright impossible.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2022

I'm not sure if you are supposed to use certain interactions or if all interactions just have a high chance of failure. I have only watched James Turner and lilsimsie's videos and neither of them seem to be able to make friends with their socially awkward teens without using the social bunny app or taking photos, but it's difficult to tell if there is a "system" behind it or if it's just a high chance of failure from watching their videos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top