Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited July 2022
    Diassa wrote: »
    I just watched recent James Turner video and before that I thought that T-posing was a bug. But... it is a feature? This is so stupid! Who does that and why?? I am too old for this, I never heard even from my son about it.
    Speaking of which, before this pack we didn't even know what "prom" is, nor boba tea. We don't have such things here and I have never seen this tea, even in UK. This pack is sooo American...

What's wrong with it being American?Was cottage living too uk?

Because I don't understand 90% of content there.
    Cottage living was universal, because many countries have villages with cottages and farmlands which look very similar to CL EP.

Cottage living is not unversal.Except for the chickens, cows and we do have something similar for county fairs .The food, the town, we do not have village cottages in America.Not all packs need to be universal.If they center around one country that's okay.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    also another thing i realized is that this pack would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce the arcade lot type which is very popular especially amongst teenagers. But instead we got the thrift shop. Let's be real, who will come back regularly at this lot ? Probably no one. But who would have enjoyed a proper arcade lot with tons of toys machine, fun arcade games etc ? probably everyone. Another missed opportunity. This is honestly so sad.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I just watched recent James Turner video and before that I thought that T-posing was a bug. But... it is a feature? This is so stupid! Who does that and why?? I am too old for this, I never heard even from my son about it.
    Speaking of which, before this pack we didn't even know what "prom" is, nor boba tea. We don't have such things here and I have never seen this tea, even in UK. This pack is sooo American...

For my part the problem is that students all over the world go to their equivalent of High School but it might be difficult to tell different kinds of stories with this pack.

Just my opinion.
  • Options

Cottage living was universal, because many countries have villages with cottages and farmlands which look very similar to CL EP.

Cottage living is not unversal.Except for the chickens, cows and we do have something similar for county fairs .The food, the town, we do not have village cottages in America.Not all packs need to be universal.If they center around one country that's okay.

Hmm… the gameplay farming from Cottage living could be placed in other worlds. I love having chickens in Sulani.

Wish that there had been a little more flexibility. Either in regards to location or classes/hobbies. Oh well, there will probably be mods for it.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2022
    I saw in a video that teenagers get autonomous crushes. Please tell me, that those are optional and that I can turn them off if I don't want random crushes! I wanna play my own stories and not some random story the game chose for me. It would mess up my story if my teen boy, who is madly in love with a girl in his class for a year now but is to shy to tell her, suddenly develops a crush over a random girl. No, please no! I really hope that this is optional because this way everybody wins: Those who want randomness and the players with a story in mind.

I am afraid, that this will be forced and that makes me scared, because the majority of players want more autonomy. But I HATE it! I will wait, before I purchase this one.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    I saw in a video that teenagers get autonomous crushes. Please tell me, that those are optional and that I can turn them off if I don't want random crushes! I wanna play my own stories and not some random story the game chose for me. It would mess up my story if my teen boy, who is madly in love with a girl in his class for a year now but is to shy to tell her, suddenly develops a crush over a random girl. No, please no! I really hope that this is optional because this way everybody wins: Those who want randomness and the players with a story in mind.

I am afraid, that this will be forced and that makes me scared, because the majority of players want more autonomy. But I HATE it! I will wait, before I purchase this one.

You can direct your Sim to get over their crush. And then it will be gone.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,234 Member
    t

Hmm… the gameplay farming from Cottage living could be placed in other worlds. I love having chickens in Sulani.

Wish that there had been a little more flexibility. Either in regards to location or classes/hobbies. Oh well, there will probably be mods for it.

I personally would prefer if the school could been place everywhere as a lot type.Still we customized the school and auditorium.So maybe its a budget thing.

Cottage living you can have the farming anywhere .Still the festivals are tied in the world.The food and style is mostly in base uk.
    I feel trying certain lots or things in the world sims 4 problem.Take the Japan world for instance.Sking is can be universal, but it stuck one place.You can not more skii place .Like you can't make your apartments.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Can't you guys ever wait for the pack to be out and experience it yourself before complaining about it? It looks good in my honest opinion. It brought me back to actually playing the Sims 4 after a year not playing.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2022

T-posing actually is a glitch that they thought it would be funny to make a joke about. Ordinarily I might have found it funny but since they have left the doctor doing this particular glitch in the hospital unfixed for over a year now I'm actually some what irritated by it, it's insulting, instead of fixing the glitch they instead make a joke about it.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I was super excited for this pack until I realized I can't put a high school in any other world. Unless a modder fixes that, it's a hard pass at this point.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

T-posing actually is a glitch that they thought it would be funny to make a joke about. Ordinarily I might have found it funny but since they have left the doctor doing this particular glitch in the hospital unfixed for over a year now I'm actually some what irritated by it, it's insulting, instead of fixing the glitch they instead make a joke about it.

I agree. Watching the early access videos, I feel anxiety every time I see a sim doing the T-pose challenge because it's always meant that there was a glitch in the game. I don't find it funny, especially when there are actually bugs causing it that have not been fixed.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    New video from James Turner.
    - Visiting career day deleted his inventory
    - During cheer day everyone, including the judge, ran off and no winner was announced.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    Can't you guys ever wait for the pack to be out and experience it yourself before complaining about it? It looks good in my honest opinion. It brought me back to actually playing the Sims 4 after a year not playing.

You're very welcomed to praise bobas drinks (key feature of this 40 dollars expansion) on the positive thoughts thread

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,557 Member
    lexibee wrote: »

We have the negative thread because of people not wanting to see any "negativity" and yet people will still come in here complaining about it 🙄

I'm still in general looking forward to the pack coming out, and it's also making me interested in the game again after months of not playing, but that doesn't make me blind to any criticism. Healthy criticism is good actually and will make products better than just blind acceptance. At least we're having interesting discussions in here. There are reasons to be skeptical about the implementation of this pack. We have genuine concerns. "Experience it yourself" a lot of us have been watching early access vids to see how it actually functions.

I say all of this while currently building a new school and lots for Copperdale (I'm currently building a karaoke bar/movie theater dual lot, and I've planned out the other community lots I plan on building). I can both be looking forward to the pack while also being apprehensive about it.
    Yes, indeedy. I am looking forward to the pack and will buy it at some point, but knowing the history of this franchise I am always a bit wary... especially after the wedding pack fiasco.

I want to know what works, what doesn't work, what looks good, what looks bad and whether our voices can make them fix any problems that are there.
  • Options
    j_simmerzj_simmerz Posts: 4 New Member
    I wish it was easier to distinguish between teens and young adults. I feel like most of the time in reality, you can totally tell between and adult and a high schooler.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    Darren wrote: »
    - During cheer day everyone, including the judge, ran off and no winner was announced.
    His videos also highlight just how messy the layout of the school is. Because it's so big, it takes a while to get anywhere, meaning you have less time. On top of that, sims often move really slow, they'll have issues with routing, and might choose to sit in illogical places (his sim kept trying to eat in the principal's office, on the other end of the school from his class.)
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Darren wrote: »
    His videos also highlight just how messy the layout of the school is. Because it's so big, it takes a while to get anywhere, meaning you have less time. On top of that, sims often move really slow, they'll have issues with routing, and might choose to sit in illogical places (his sim kept trying to eat in the principal's office, on the other end of the school from his class.)

I assume that many people will rebuild the school into something 1 story with no basement (or will download something like that from the gallery)

The two biggest problems of this pack that I see is Social Bunny ignoring sexual orientations (and allowing instant romance/reputation) and the Sims asking you. Even when EA fixes the bug that other sims asking you not making sense, with the nonsense you can do with Social Bunny its still rather broken.

Another annoying thing I see is other sims asking you to prom, meaning that you will a relationship hit unless you go to prom every week.
  • Options
    t

I personally would prefer if the school could been place everywhere as a lot type.Still we customized the school and auditorium.So maybe its a budget thing.

Cottage living you can have the farming anywhere .Still the festivals are tied in the world.The food and style is mostly in base uk.
    I feel trying certain lots or things in the world sims 4 problem.Take the Japan world for instance.Sking is can be universal, but it stuck one place.You can not more skii place .Like you can't make your apartments.

Yes! Having more flexibility would be great. Honestly, it would be more damaging for my saves if chickens and cows were tied to a world since I most off my sims live off-the-grid.

I use modded cliffs from Bakie so that I can build lots for climbing in every world. It is great!

Hmm… there is only one lot for school and it that lot has so much set-dressing like the football field that it will be difficult to bend it towards my personal stories. I have looked into the Go To School-mod from Zerbu and it would be easier to achieve what I want to play with that. It is just so irritating that paying for the expansion would give me less options to work with.

Hope that Zerbu can free the school-lot. I am looking forward to having more options when it comes to failing school and so forth. I am curious about what packs this one connects with. I could see myself building lots with boba tea. But it will have to wait unless there is something spectacular that I don’t know about yet but it is not a game changer with a new system. Ecco living and Get Together changed the saves for me. This was too much a one size-thing that did not fit me. But it is probably awesome for other players out there.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Watched James' new video. It got a little messy and I'm starting to notice trends happening with possible bugs/oversights with this pack.

2 different sims asked his sim to be best friends, and one of them wasn't even high enough to qualify for "good friends". The other even interrupted his exam to ask, and then interrupted him AGAIN in the next class just to take a picture. I'm not necessarily opposed to the new autonomy that NPCs have, but the problem occurs when sims get negative sentiments from it, which happened when James turned down one of the best friend requests. Then, the sim that he WAS best friends with, wasn't even a student? So now there are just random teens hanging out at the school without actually attending?? What is going on? She was even at the sport festival wearing a cheer uniform.

At one point his sim uses the bathroom, and instead of using the sink right in front of the toilet, the sim instead walks across the school to use a sink in the other bathroom. Not sure why that happened. I know sims like to eat near other sims (which is probably why they keep going into the principals office to eat lunch unfortunately), but do they like to wash their hands near other sims now too?

The socially awkward trait is more like a public enemy trait with the way it causes almost every single friendly interaction to fail. Even with friends. It seems the only way to get around it is to use social bunny or take pictures.

The random students now seem to be wearing a mix of differently colored school attire, where it used to be just the blue and red, is also starting to incorporate the red and gold. I've started noticing this in other videos. It seems it's only happening after around a week of classes? I just want to be able to choose my school colors, please 😭 Now it just looks like competing teams attend the same school. Will it end up completely cycling through all available color schemes? Is it because they both have red or something? Just let me choose. If we can pick attire for restaurants we should be able to do that here (which should also apply to school uniforms in general, don't know why they didn't give us that option especially with Mt. Komorebi students having uniforms already).

I noticed in another video (Fantayzia?) as well as this one that there seems to be a problem with sims not knowing what clothes to wear while doing a cheer routine. James' sim changed into his fitness outfit for the first routine (fine, but I would prefer the actual uniform since he IS part of the cheer team), and then with the 2nd routine his sim changed into his everyday clothes, and Ash changed out of their cheer outfit into their fitness outfit. No one who had a cheer uniform was wearing one. Then with the 3rd routine, his sim changed back into his fitness outfit. It's like sims are encouraged to change clothes every time they cheer. And then everyone immediately left with an hour still remaining of the festival. It disappeared without a winner being named.

Then he tried biking home, but his sim got stuck at the edge of the lot. So he had to get off the bike and travel normally.

Really keeping an eye out for the regular early access videos to see how much of this gets fixed and what we'll just be left to deal with...
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Plumbella did a get rich quick video with thrifting.

Step 1. Create an outfit
    Step 2. List it for 9 million
    Step 3. Wait a bit (not long)
    Step 4. Sell it

Took her 6 days and 5 of those were wasted with small fry.

https://youtu.be/r7Fm9GJhdIo

Meanwhile lilsimsie had another instance of the socially awkward sim no one likes becoming prom queen...
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Watching some of the preview videos with all that bugs I'm not sure if they are able to fix it all.
    And yes, it was fun to watch Jame's sim riding his bike right into the classroom. But this also shows how bugged this whole game is even if you only have basegame and one pack installed.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Sims 4 has been around since 2014 we don't have to get a pack to know the experience the features have been listed many have watched the game play, we are all well aware of the limitations sadly to many it killed my excitement fast. But if you don't like negative thoughts on the pack which are well deserved there is a positive thoughts thread for this pack no need to try to shame and silence others.

I will never understand why they go out of their way to create limitations such as high school only in one world even though the football field adds no game play besides a preplaced cheerleading mat they spend so much time making sure players can't do what they want in their own game. The same can be said with no option to set school outfits pick students and teachers they just don't want players to have any choice at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,557 Member
    Oh dear. The more I see and read about this pack, the more buggy it seems.

I am looking forward to watching some of the standard early access videos (as opposed to early early access) to see if the pack is still bugged and may have to wait for fixes before buying (yet again),

I am not used to this, I'm used to being happy to buy on release day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top