Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Is it tomorrow yet? I want to see that trailer so badly!
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder that neither this cover art

yJAk6En.jpg

Nor this one

yeKDgIz.jpg

we’re good indications of how dark CAS would let you go. They seem to deliberately showcase the most friendly options on the cover. The rest is up to us.

Edit to add: that RoM cover is where my love of Morgyn started. But Morgyn in game is not quite like this. Thus, my tweaking in CAS.

This is actually a very good point... I never gave much thought of what the cover art shows versus how things turn out in the game. If the past occult packs are anything to go by, then we're probably in pretty good shape. :)

Especially if we get the new scars modeled by the blue haired Sim in the cover and the werewolf claws in general.

Also, I am loving all the ripped clothing I'm seeing. Definitely perfect for Weresims if you ask me.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Super excited for this! I know the artwork is always a bit different than in game, but having a mostly wolf/werewolf looking version is great! I wonder if we'll have an option for a tail or not. It looks like there's a "normal" version and a "werewolf" version based on the look and accessories of the wolf in the picture.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    Oh my I am so excited for this!! I love the direction they have chosen for the Werewolves, it suits the art style of the Sims 4 so well. The new fashion and hairs also look amazing, finally some grungy looks !! Let's hope the gameplay is on the same level as vampires..
    gc6164 wrote: »
    Oh my I am so excited for this!! I love the direction they have chosen for the Werewolves, it suits the art style of the Sims 4 so well. The new fashion and hairs also look amazing, finally some grungy looks !! Let's hope the gameplay is on the same level as vampires..

yes its very teen drama
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    What is the issue with the color ?

Black, grey, white, dark brown are ok but light brown fur is for dogs :p

Mexican wolves have a fair amount of brown in them

he looks lovable
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    The hairs on the sims on the cover look good! Gonna withhold judgement on the werewolf form until I see all available options. As it stands, it's...alright. Kind of dooooes look like a fox/cat a bit but if there are more options with more customization it's not a big deal. That one shot of MM on SC looks good as well.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    The hairs on the sims on the cover look good! Gonna withhold judgement on the werewolf form until I see all available options. As it stands, it's...alright. Kind of dooooes look like a fox/cat a bit but if there are more options with more customization it's not a big deal. That one shot of MM on SC looks good as well.

I've been thinking about that. With the sliders we already have we can drastically alter appearances. With those same sliders or new ones, I feel like we can make up a lot of the gap between what the cover art wolf looks like and what we expected. Not all of it, but I think enough to be really happy with the results. That's all guess work since it's all in my imagination.

I use the last couple of kits as hint to the amount of improvement from the promo shots to what we see when we actually get into the game. Their promo shots and cover art don't flatter the end product lately. Moonlight Chic looked meh in the promos, but pops in game. I'm hoping that when we get to see the werewolves in game we will come away more comfortable with what they're giving us.

My two cents, for what it's actually worth.😁
  • Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm mainly just worried about the lack of clothing on wolf form atm I don't want my sims running around completely naked even if theyre half wolves that is just not... proper

For fur to work with every piece of clothing in the game, it would have to be a 2D overlay entirely. Obviously there's some digital retouching going on in the cover, so the fur probably won't be as wispy/shaggy/detailed as it appears. But I get the impression the fur will be 3D-modelled in the way the fur for cats and dogs is modelled. If it's 3D fur, it won't be compatible with clothing.

Pardon me since I do not have the Pets Pack, but can't the dogs wear clothes? I imagine we won't have access to the full CAS of a human sim but I can see we getting some shirts and shorts.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    They're naked, they're naked :smiley::smiley: and I am so filled with glee! They are NOT a weird hairy human! And they're naked!!!
    I know not everyone wants that, but I DID! The only thing I would ever want to put on a werewolf is a hooded cape, or some sort of battle gear.

I am not concerned about how gentle he looks, cause cas. And Maxis has to advertise in a way that can appeal to parents as well. I am sure in cas we will be able to make them look a bit tougher, and darker.. I think those who want nice mama and papa wolfies will be happy with how cuddly they can look.
    cyncie wrote: »
    This was always going to be a Sims werewolf on a Sim frame, not something extremely and alternatively beastly. It’s a great improvement on previous iterations, and probably customizable, so it will be interesting to see what we can do in CAS.

I feel the same way. It isn't the dreaded Sims 3 rehash I was worried about. This fits within what my expectations were.

Yeah, I’m totally with you! I am also glad it wasn’t just a human with thick brows and jaws like Sims 3. It’s like an actual creature/animalistic beast form, of some sort, not just a basic human.

And, yes, totally, I am one of those who likes how cuddly this werewolf can be, so I am excited that I can make some nice werewolf families. ❤️🤗🐺

I hope many players can still get the customization to create their own werewolves that fit better (or closer to) their own tastes/preferences, too! :) (And to also see what CC creators come up with as well, now that they have a foundation to build upon, of course!)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited June 2022
    NfhUQDk.png[/quote]

Well, my dreams of completing my "Twilight" world is now crushed. Though, I think my Edward will be pleased that Jacob looks like a "furry". :D
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited June 2022
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm mainly just worried about the lack of clothing on wolf form atm I don't want my sims running around completely naked even if theyre half wolves that is just not... proper

For fur to work with every piece of clothing in the game, it would have to be a 2D overlay entirely. Obviously there's some digital retouching going on in the cover, so the fur probably won't be as wispy/shaggy/detailed as it appears. But I get the impression the fur will be 3D-modelled in the way the fur for cats and dogs is modelled. If it's 3D fur, it won't be compatible with clothing.

Pardon me since I do not have the Pets Pack, but can't the dogs wear clothes? I imagine we won't have access to the full CAS of a human sim but I can see we getting some shirts and shorts.

It depends on how they designed the fur. If it's an "outfit" like the skeletons from Selvadorada, or the robots from University, then other clothing would replace the "fur suit" which may be why we only see accessories on the sim in the cover render (Skeletons also keep their accessories)

If it's a new "skin color" like aliens, then regular clothing could work. But it would need a "mask" or a "chop" for every item of clothing to avoid the fur poking through. Pet clothing has these masks/chops already. Sim clothing does not.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I actually think the artwork looks perfect! I like it so much more than I thought I would!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    We'll have to see if they show us any different types of werewolves tomorrow in the trailer, which I'm hoping they do! People on Twitter are taking digs at the design at the moment. Personally I don't see a cat, but to each their own.

Twitter being Twitter. I'm not the least bit surprised their taking shots at the gurus and the product that's what that they do over there. No matter what the gurus posted, it would never be good enough to please them. That's one of the reasons I like it here so much. We talk, we debate, we share, and we do it all in a friendly civil manner.

Was gonna say something similar.
    I’m sad on behalf of the devs for those comments complaining about how the wolfs look.
    I bet the devs are proud of what they made and then people spit on them like this. I’m sorry but that’s just obnoxious and rude.

Personally, it being sims and from that one pic we’ve seen, they look awesome!!

Excited to see the trailer 😁
    Even more excited for the actual pack release.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    We'll have to see if they show us any different types of werewolves tomorrow in the trailer, which I'm hoping they do! People on Twitter are taking digs at the design at the moment. Personally I don't see a cat, but to each their own.

Twitter being Twitter. I'm not the least bit surprised their taking shots at the gurus and the product that's what that they do over there. No matter what the gurus posted, it would never be good enough to please them. That's one of the reasons I like it here so much. We talk, we debate, we share, and we do it all in a friendly civil manner.

I’m sad on behalf of the devs for those comments complaining about how the wolfs look.
    I bet the devs are proud of what they made and then people spit on them like this. I’m sorry but that’s just obnoxious and rude.

I agree. It really bugs me when people say rude things. These are people making this, and it is an art. It doesn't have to be for you, but that doesn't mean you have to spit on it. Just move along for crying out loud. How hard is that? Nobody owes you whatever it is that was in your imagination!

I also think people get so worked up over "their fantasy," that they often don't even realize what they want isn't realistic within this franchise. Would I love it if the werewolves looked like something from Skyrim? Of course I would! Would I expect it? Gads noooo, that is ridiculous. It is one thing to be disappointed you didn't get something you wanted, but ridiculous to be angry at someone for not giving it to you.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options

I agree. It really bugs me when people say rude things. These are people making this, and it is an art. It doesn't have to be for you, but that doesn't mean you have to spit on it. Just move along for crying out loud. How hard is that? Nobody owes you whatever it is that was in your imagination!

I also think people get so worked up over "their fantasy," that they often don't even realize what they want isn't realistic within this franchise. Would I love it if the werewolves looked like something from Skyrim? Of course I would! Would I expect it? Gads noooo, that is ridiculous. It is one thing to be disappointed you didn't get something you wanted, but ridiculous to be angry at someone for not giving it to you.

I like the way it looks
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @QueenSaraphine @Chaotic_Moira So many of the comments are vicious and personal too. I believe the vast majority of the people working to give us this game we love so much put everything they have into this. I'm only creating sims, lots, or stories to share with others, but I put a piece of my heart and soul into it, and no doubt so do the gurus and so many who aren't as visible. Is this game flawed, yes. Can you possibly make something this complex and make it perfect, good luck with that.

Just because it isn't perfect or doesn't cater to somebody's selfish view of what the game should be does not give them the right to say the vicious, vile, things to another human being that they feel so entitled to. It's one thing to have complaints and voice them, but how hard is it to stop and think there is another human being on the receiving end and voice your concerns in a polite way. People have lost the ability to empathize with those around them. And echo chambers like Twitter only amplify the hate which makes the situation worse for the gurus since that is their number one source for connecting with the community.

Can you imagine going to work each day and know that people are basically going to come up in your face and say such things? I have a lot of respect for the gurus for standing in there and putting a piece of themselves into this knowing how some people are going to repay them. I don't think I'm strong enough to do what they do and face the backlash they do. I think it would break me. I'll take this moment to offer my respect and admiration to the gurus and everybody else who provides this wonderful escapist world for us to enjoy, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you!
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

Can you imagine going to work each day and know that people are basically going to come up in your face and say such things?

I’ve experienced this, worked as a florist 10 years ago, had made like ten different bouquets that was displayed, one girl comes in with her mother and says loudly “eww these are all ugly”

Like keep that to yourself if you don’t like it.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options

Can you imagine going to work each day and know that people are basically going to come up in your face and say such things?

I’ve experienced this, worked as a florist 10 years ago, had made like ten different bouquets that was displayed, one girl comes in with her mother and says loudly “eww these are all ugly”

I have been lucky because my work doesn't bring me face to face with the customers. I'm behind the scenes, so I don't have to face those things. It makes me really sad to see and hear those kinds of things. Being considerate towards others isn't hard to do and it feels good because hopefully it will come back around.
  • Options

That is exactly why it bugs me so much. Nobody should have deal with that. The guru's are the voice between Maxis as a whole, and the consumer. And I think they do an great job at being out there, playful and friendly. Of course they will have to hear complaints, but it doesn't have to be rude or demeaning.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options

That must have felt horrible. I am sorry that happened. My husband keeps trying to get me to sell my artwork, and one of the reasons I don't is because I don't want to deal with the art community which can be just as brutal. I don't understand how people don't care about other's feelings.

• Options
    edited June 2022

That is exactly why it bugs me so much. Nobody should have deal with that. The guru's are the voice between Maxis as a whole, and the consumer. And I think they do an great job at being out there, playful and friendly. Of course they will have to hear complaints, but it doesn't have to be rude or demeaning.

It's perfectly okay to be unhappy with the game. To be frustrated with the bugs, some of which have been around for what seems like forever. But it's never okay to be nasty and rude when bringing it up. The gurus are human beings with feelings and issues too.

This is something that bugs me as someone who deals with depression, anxiety, and self esteem issues. I'm sure some of them deal with similar issues. I can say this, I would never, ever wish depression on anybody, not even an enemy. If you don't have it be grateful, and be compassionate. You often don't know who has it or how bad it can be to live with.

Sorry to be preachy or a downer, but it is something I'm passionate about.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    still hoping that the scary factor is only lacking because its cover picture and they didn't want to scare the kids but the option is there in the actual game to make them truly spooky *knocks wood until realizes its the wall of mill house and stops knocking and starts running*
    MC5YaAG.png
    Be not afraid.

thanks buddy now I'm even more scared
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I'm sure we'll still have more to speculate after today's trailer reveal but it's been so much fun getting to this point with y'all.
  • Options
    I'm sure we'll still have more to speculate after today's trailer reveal but it's been so much fun getting to this point with y'all.

Yes it has. I wish I could be more active early in the day but even that little bit is so much fun! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top