Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Let's see if Maxis understood what a Wedding really implies
    • Musicians
    • Petit-four
    • Waiter service
    • Wedding witness/bridesmaid
    • Parent approval/disapproval
    • Wedding gifts

But also the way it's done in the other cultures (Asian, Muslim, ...)

couple dancing.

Smustle dance :p

cypres10.jpg

I'll take both please and thank you :blush:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Oh dear i totally missed the news okay now I am tad concerned

it says Can Dance With Us BUT CAN WE DANCE AS A COUPLE ANSWER ME BOB WHY WOULD YOU DANCE WITH THE GUEST AND LEAVE ME ....

*stops being possessed by eliza pancakes*

okay ermh... im just more worried than ever that this is all about wedding bling and new random world i didnt read lots of romance gameplay in that description

I'll go over analyze it now
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Also Tartosa just sounds like Barbossa in Tortuga to me but maybe thats cause i saw Pirates of the Caribbean lately :lol:

maybe it has some beach estate eh

OH HOLD UP THEY SAID SERVING TEA CAN I FINALLY HAVE A FREAKING TEA SET
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    edited February 2022
    Waiiiiiiiiiiit, are we getting a new beach world ? Cause I’m down for that. It looks kinda mediterranean (the pine trees). I hope the ocean is swimmable.

I still want Generations though and I hope this GP isn’t a replacement for it.
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    Somebody pointed out that the line in the description is "You Can Dance With Us Honey" is a reference to the first Mamma Mia movie, a movie about a wedding in Greece. It seems likely to me that Tartosa is a Greek themed world.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    If this is a weddingplanner GP and you have MCCC installed, which Sims besides the random homeless Sims that pop up in the game is left to matchmake, since MCCC activelly partner UP single Sims from unplayed households?!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    edited February 2022
    The pine trees on one of the pictures look like those around the Mediterranean Sea. And given the color of the ocean, and the name, I’m thinking maybe Greece or Spain (looks a lot like Ibiza, which is a known party place).
    the new world is probably based on Greece.

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited February 2022
    Also Tartosa just sounds like Barbossa in Tortuga to me but maybe thats cause i saw Pirates of the Caribbean lately :lol:

maybe it has some beach estate eh

OH HOLD UP THEY SAID SERVING TEA CAN I FINALLY HAVE A FREAKING TEA SET

POTC is a legendary *trilogy* and Barbossa is the best character.

To Tortuga!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    Well of course nothing about the actual gameplay sounds interesting to me, but if the world is Greek or Mediterranean inspired I'm onboard. I've been wanting a world like that since I started playing (the Italian inspired world from Sims 3 didn't really have that theme).
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Now what do they mean by "People at weddings and those who have been invited Can Dance With Us honey" are we actually getting couple dances to give this pack some value or more of the same Sims dancing alone in their own worlds in the same room if any pack should add dancing for couples this would be it. I hope the new world did not take the entire pack budget but it sure looks like it just tons of CAS stuff and not much more. At least that one photo stayed to reality with those 2 Sims not sitting down for the wedding I don't expect much from this pack besides pick cake pick outfits pick flowers, a few new interactions with some old animations and CAS items with a tiny world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Now what do they mean by "People at weddings and those who have been invited Can Dance With Us honey" are we actually getting couple dances to give this pack some value or more of the same Sims dancing alone in their own worlds in the same room

I think it's the second. On this picture it looks like they've added new dance moves, but that's certainly not a couple dancing:
    FKw63i2XwAg0Tsz.jpeg

And I agree with you completely - so far I do not see anything screaming "gameplay" in this Gameplay Pack. But probably will have to wait till Trailer and blog posts. Still I have very low expectations.
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I think the world will be Greek inspired because Tartosa sounds like some silly EA take on Greek Isle names.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,741 Member
    edited February 2022
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Now what do they mean by "People at weddings and those who have been invited Can Dance With Us honey" are we actually getting couple dances to give this pack some value or more of the same Sims dancing alone in their own worlds in the same room

I think it's the second. On this picture it looks like they've added new dance moves, but that's certainly not a couple dancing:
    FKw63i2XwAg0Tsz.jpeg

And I agree with you completely - so far I do not see anything screaming "gameplay" in this Gameplay Pack. But probably will have to wait till Trailer and blog posts. Still I have very low expectations.

Dream home Decorator was improved by the likes/dislikes update so maybe they have a game update planned for this pack as well.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Dream home Decorator was improved by the likes/dislikes update so maybe they have a game update planned for this pack as well.

Yes, but in both cases with Sentiments and Snowy Escape and likes/dislikes and DHD they were mentioned in the pack descriptions. Here I see nothing so I assume we won't have one. But I still hope I'm very wrong.

• Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,040 Member
    Eh. Fleshing out weddings could be fun, but generally I just want to speed through them. I'll skip this one, maybe get it on sale if the BB/CAS is good.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,082 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I think the world will be Greek inspired because Tartosa sounds like some silly EA take on Greek Isle names.

Personally to me Tartosa doesn't sound anything like Greek island names which often end in -os (Samos, Paros, Zakynthos, Kos...) or -ia/-ea (Kea, Evia, Kythira). Also the buildings doesn't look at all Greek to me.

In my mind Tartosa sound more Caribbean with the -a ending (Tortuga, Antigua, Aruba, Jamaica, Grenada...), though of course it could also be Spanish or perhaps even Italian as well, as the Stone Pine is indeed native to the Mediterranean area.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Eh. Fleshing out weddings could be fun, but generally I just want to speed through them. I'll skip this one, maybe get it on sale if the BB/CAS is good.

What if they added a fantasy theme to the wedding options that is paving the way for a dragon pack? I'm on the fence too, this is the kind of thing I could use but I don't need.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    caliposs wrote: »

AAAAHHH! 😃 It looks so pretty! Customization? Best Sims? And tea parties? Planning? New world???

*SQUEALS* Gimme all of it!!! 😍

I’m SO READY. I was making another sim couple, and this is perfect timing for a wedding for them, YES.

Also, I’ve been having a certain Encanto song stuck in my head, so this part of the song popped in my head when I saw the wedding screenies, lol.

I feel tempted to have one of my merfolks cause a storm during a wedding like in that song, hehe….

(*might contain very minor spoilers?*)

👰‍♀️“It was my WEDDING day!” 💒 🥰
    🤵🏾“It was our wedding day!” 🥰
    👰‍♀️“We were getting ready, and there was not a cloud in the sky.” ☺️
    🤵🏾“No clouds allowed in the sky!” 😌
    👰‍♀️“…. walks in with a mischievous grin—” 🙁
    🤵🏾: “THUNDER!” 🌩😈
    👰‍♀️: “Are you telling the story, or am I?” 😠
    🤵🏾: “I’m sorry, mi vida, gooo onnnn…” 😘
    👰‍♀️: “…says it ‘looks like rain…’” ☹️
    🤵🏾: “Why did he tell us?” 😒
    👰‍♀️: “In doing so, he FLOODS my brain….” 🥺
    🤵🏾:“Abuela, get the UMBRELLAS!” ☔️☔️🌧 😲
    👰‍♀️ :“Getting married in a HURRICANE!” 😫🌀🌧🌬🌪🌊
    🤵🏾: “What a JOYOUS day! But anyway…!” 😀
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

What if they added a fantasy theme to the wedding options that is paving the way for a dragon pack? I'm on the fence too, this is the kind of thing I could use but I don't need.

Dragons buring down whole house mid wedding is surely one of my wedding traditions that have yet to be realized in sims 4
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,088 Member

Please. Don't encourage him.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    edited February 2022

I'm team dragon too, though. I must support my fiery brethren. I'm done for the moment though.

In all seriousness I will assess the new pack on its own merits when we know more and hope for more fantastical things in a themed pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,040 Member
    edited February 2022
    Dragons buring down whole house mid wedding is surely one of my wedding traditions that have yet to be realized in sims 4
    Oh, yeah. If you have a sim trying to ruin the wedding, you can have a dragon come down and burn them. Perfect for sims who play musical chairs during the vows.
    Resistance just makes me stronger.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲