Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Eh. Fleshing out weddings could be fun, but generally I just want to speed through them. I'll skip this one, maybe get it on sale if the BB/CAS is good.

What if they added a fantasy theme to the wedding options that is paving the way for a dragon pack? I'm on the fence too, this is the kind of thing I could use but I don't need.

Please. Don't encourage him.

I'm team dragon too, though. I must support my fiery brethren. I'm done for the moment though.

In all seriousness I will assess the new pack on its own merits when we know more and hope for more fantastical things in a themed pack.

The more occults, the more… spice one can bring to a wedding, lol… 😘

(*imagines a jealous mermaid calling upon a thunderstorm on her “perfect” sister’s “perfect” wedding day*)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    edited February 2022
    hope your ready for a happy dance the next game pack leak wedding story gamepack found on twitter 8tbkgq9.jpg imiage from the gamepack leak and link https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/04/the-sims-4-my-wedding-stories-cover-has-leaked/ so better start planing for those that are into weding your sims dream wedding
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    It sounds like a LGBT wedding…

Does it mean Indian and Muslim dresses are excluded ?

05abfa10.jpg

I'm trying to phrase this right, but just because the cover has an LGBTQ wedding on it does not mean that Hetero marriages aren't part of the pack.

Also, there are in fact Indian and Muslim weddings for LGBTQ couples. I mean, I have personally attended them in real life, so...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    CAS looks absolutely gorgeous, although I was never worried about that, they usually knock that out of the park (at least for the packs). I particularly love both the bride's dress and the other bride's wedding suit in the first screenshot.

I'm still not 100% excited about the theme, but as long as it's not strictly limited to a wedding planner version of DHD, then that's a bonus. And I do think that, as someone suggested above, we could still get a bunch of new romance interactions and perhaps an attraction system added to the base game at the same time. If so, I would be quite content.

Add to that a new, probably Mediterranean world, and I'll definitely buy it, and might even be actually excited if we get some fun little "extras" (like the tea set someone mentioned above).

The new buffet table looks nice, and the champagne bottles on top have me wishing that nectar-making could be part of this, although I guess that's probably asking too much for a GP. Although it would be a fun honeymoon activity!
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    "Tartosa" sounds more spanish to me, not greek.

I'm thinking this new world will be based around the mediterranean areas of Spain... Valencia or Ibiza perhaps?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited February 2022
    As someone who loves weddings in the game, flawed as they currently are, I'm excited for more CAS and build/buy. And as someone who will soon be throwing the 18th wedding party in my current save I love the idea of having new things to do with them because they were starting to get a bit samey. Still might be a little light for a game pack. The world will help, and we'll see how fleshed out some of the options like the bachelorette parties will be.
    Definitely something I will buy, if this is accurate. I've been waiting for a game pack to bundle with SE and KN, and this sounds like the one.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,017 Member
    edited February 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Eh. Fleshing out weddings could be fun, but generally I just want to speed through them. I'll skip this one, maybe get it on sale if the BB/CAS is good.

What if they added a fantasy theme to the wedding options that is paving the way for a dragon pack? I'm on the fence too, this is the kind of thing I could use but I don't need.

Please. Don't encourage him.

I'm team dragon too, though. I must support my fiery brethren. I'm done for the moment though.

In all seriousness I will assess the new pack on its own merits when we know more and hope for more fantastical things in a themed pack.

The more occults, the more… spice one can bring to a wedding, lol… 😘

(*imagines a jealous mermaid calling upon a thunderstorm on her “perfect” sister’s “perfect” wedding day*)

okay saving that idea definitely doing that one day or lava bombs
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Meh, at this point the only thing that would interest me enough in buying this one (assuming the "leaks" are all true, of course) would be the world. And only if it's a truly spectacular world in which I could build and have sims reside, at that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Tartosa makes me think of Tartarus, the fiery pits of the world. Or tortoises! This could be a Galapagos sort of place.

I imagine weddings held through this pack will feel less like going on a date, and more like going through a term of university, or going through an aspiration. In fact, might the overall structure be managed as an aspiration, with a series of tiers of tasks?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    I really like all the flowers they put in this pack, they all look so pretty. Would be lovely if sims could get phone invites to attend other sims' weddings or be best man or bridesmaid.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    um if you do a wedding in-game already and have a cake you can already 'cut the cake'
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,888 Member
    Same, I’m getting Ibiza vibes.
    "Tartosa" sounds more spanish to me, not greek.

I'm thinking this new world will be based around the mediterranean areas of Spain... Valencia or Ibiza perhaps?

• Options
    I'm wondering if because of the world 'alliances" if a certain can of worms might be opened with this pack? Yeah I know the page is translated.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

05abfa10.jpg

I'm trying to phrase this right, but just because the cover has an LGBTQ wedding on it does not mean that Hetero marriages aren't part of the pack.

Also, there are in fact Indian and Muslim weddings for LGBTQ couples. I mean, I have personally attended them in real life, so...

Thank you. I thought that there were, but not being familiar with any in person, I didn't want to misspeak.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2022

05abfa10.jpg

Thank you. I thought that there were, but not being familiar with any in person, I didn't want to misspeak.

Wow, really? Where did you go to a Mosque or Indian religious temple for an LGBTQ wedding? I thought they didn't have that right in India or any Muslim country. I thought only Christian churches and Buddhist temples have given this right to couples.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »

05abfa10.jpg

Wow, really? Where did you go to a Mosque or Indian religious temple for an LGBTQ wedding? I thought they didn't have that right in India or any Muslim country. I thought only Christian churches and Buddhist temples have given this right to couples.

My understanding is that most mosques and temples do not perform same sex ceremonies, but a few will, at least in countries like the US, UK, France, etc. (I'm in the US.) Many other couples have ceremonies that are heavily based on the traditional ceremonies even if they cannot find an imam or pandit to marry them (similar to other couples I have known who are male/female, but one of the spouses is a different religion or not religious).

That being said, I'm certainly no expert on it, and I'm not Muslim or Hindu myself, I just have had some friends and colleagues who are. I'm also middle-aged, so I have been to many, many, many weddings over the years, of all different kinds.

ETA: I would say it's actually very similar to how Christian churches approach things. In the US, the right to marry is now recognized as a constitutional right. (I'm aware that there are people here who would disagree with that, and I'm not trying to argue politics; it is just a fact that this is now settled law, per the Supreme Court.) That is a civil/gvt. matter. However, as a religious matter, no church, temple, synagogue, mosque, or any other religious institution is compelled to perform services with which they do not agree. Individual denominations, sects, and congregations can and do make their own decisions. No matter what the religion is, you will find some officiants who will gladly perform these services, and some who will not. Obviously, other countries have their own laws. Again, I'm not trying to argue with anyone or anything, just describing the state of things.

To bring it back to the game, we can each imagine in our own game what the laws would be in Oasis Springs or Sulani or wherever, and our sims are free to choose how to honor their own heritage and traditions within that context (as we the Watchers ordain, of course).
  • Options
    I just want to put in here that at least in Turkey (don't know about other Muslim countries)- that weddings don't actually happen in mosque. They and funerals happen else where
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    I don’t get where the “there’s no gameplay in this pack only cas and a world” comments are coming from. Based on screenshots and the description it appears we are actually getting a lot of gameplay compared to the last few game packs.

It appears we are getting improvements to proposals and ceremonies as well as 3 new parties. Engagement dinners, bach parties, and rehearsal dinners. It also seems like we will also be able to ask other sims to be part of the wedding party and we will actually have to plan the wedding by touring venues, sampling cakes at a bakery, and get the flowers from an actual florist.

In terms of ceremony improvements it seems we can pick wedding traditions similar to holiday traditions and that they have split the ceremony and reception into 2 events which will fix the sims not sitting issue. It appears Sims will actually walk down the aisle, and at the reception we can make speeches and Receive congratulations.

In terms of other miscellaneous gameplay we may get tea sets, more buffet options, and potentially new music and dancing.

Overall this seems like a really good pack for gameplay and most of the hate seems to be rooted in the ideology of “if this pack doesn’t match my gameplay style, then it is bad and no asked for it nor should they buy it”
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have high hopes for this pack. I have taken a few months off Sims, but this would bring me back if it's good. I have Sims ready for a wedding in my game. Now if it only includes slow dancing together as a couple.
    Post edited by telemwill on
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Slow dancing together has been on my top three wishes for three years now. I hope this is my year.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DJAX wrote: »
    I don’t get where the “there’s no gameplay in this pack only cas and a world” comments are coming from. Based on screenshots and the description it appears we are actually getting a lot of gameplay compared to the last few game packs.

It appears we are getting improvements to proposals and ceremonies as well as 3 new parties. Engagement dinners, bach parties, and rehearsal dinners. It also seems like we will also be able to ask other sims to be part of the wedding party and we will actually have to plan the wedding by touring venues, sampling cakes at a bakery, and get the flowers from an actual florist.

In terms of ceremony improvements it seems we can pick wedding traditions similar to holiday traditions and that they have split the ceremony and reception into 2 events which will fix the sims not sitting issue. It appears Sims will actually walk down the aisle, and at the reception we can make speeches and Receive congratulations.

In terms of other miscellaneous gameplay we may get tea sets, more buffet options, and potentially new music and dancing.

Overall this seems like a really good pack for gameplay and most of the hate seems to be rooted in the ideology of “if this pack doesn’t match my gameplay style, then it is bad and no asked for it nor should they buy it”

This seems like a bit of a strawman argument that you're making. You can't just put things in quotation marks and call it a quote when it's not actually a specific quote from a specific person.

I haven't seen anyone say there's no gameplay. I've seen several people say that they wanted more general romantic interactions, not just wedding interactions. That is a perfectly reasonable opinion for people to have, just as it is perfectly reasonable to say that you prefer the wedding gameplay. It's all just a matter of personal opinion and preference.

My personal opinion is that I'm still holding out hope that we get both, even if it's through a base game update.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I wanted my favorite couple (profile picture) to have an amazing wedding, but it didn’t really suit my standards when it happened. After I buy this pack, I plan to do the cheat clear marriages and marry them again with this GP also they can have a better wedding. I’ll create some storyline for why they had two wedding ceremony’s.
    Hoping for some good dresses and hairstyles!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    > @Amapola76 said:
    > This seems like a bit of a strawman argument that you're making. You can't just put things in quotation marks and call it a quote when it's not actually a specific quote from a specific person.
    >
    > I haven't seen anyone say there's no gameplay. I've seen several people say that they wanted more general romantic interactions, not just wedding interactions. That is a perfectly reasonable opinion for people to have, just as it is perfectly reasonable to say that you prefer the wedding gameplay. It's all just a matter of personal opinion and preference.
    >
    > My personal opinion is that I'm still holding out hope that we get both, even if it's through a base game update.

Wanting more basic romance is a valid opinion and the game is in need of it and I too am hoping we it in the base game update. In terms of my post I was more referring to the toxic I don’t like this and neither should you/ no asked for this discourse that happens with every new pack. I should’ve phrased my words better in order to better emphasize my point and not sound toxic
  • Options
    DJAX wrote: »

KEY FEATURES

Get ready to party – asking the question is just the beginning of your Sim’s wedding experience. After saying “yes,” the excitement and anxiety takes over. There is so much to plan! Choose Sims of honor to make the wedding experience the most fun possible. Then hold the engagement dinner, rehearsal and make the most of the last night without a spouse.

Bring your plans to life – focus on the details of your nuptials. Select the wedding costume of The Sims and everything necessary for the big day: the menu, the decoration, the programming…. everything! Visit locations created by community staff as your Sims sample cakes, choose the flowers and adjust the traditions that will make the wedding day more special.

Affirm commitment – before the big event, celebrate with the family at a rehearsal dinner. When it’s finally time, let the love flow and realize all your wills. Exchange vows, alliances and kisses at the altar before the real celebration begins. Start the ceremony serving tea to the family or go straight to the reception. People at weddings and those who have been invited Can Dance With Us honey, while spouses cut the cake, make speeches and receive congratulations.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    I’ll keep my hopes down but i was hoping for a crossover between packs (Get to work + Wedding stories) where you could open your own wedding boutique for your sims to later on shop there, but i’ll doubt it will be functional (you’ll probably not be able to chose the stuff there other than the dress) it looks like the cake and the flowers options are tied to the annoying (but cute) little stalls again which make me sad. I don’t think they understand how cool it would be to open a proper wedding boutique.

The new world better be residential. I don’t want a vacation world, no one does. Give us the option to live there and rent there if necessary, but so far the pictures look dreamy. Give us options EA (!!)

There’s no mention of anything other than the actual wedding (yet?) so i guess no wedding planner career and no attraction system, but i can always dream of it happening

I sincerely hope they let us do weddings the way we want and don’t force us to do premade scenarios or whatever linear stories that no one cares about.

I’m expecting a lot of gameplay and plenty of new animations with this pack. Kisses, crying, pretty poses, bouquet throwing etc… I sincerely hope they don’t try to trick us with reused animations and the whole EA laziness thing (which often consists of good CAS and buy mode but very little on screen new interactions)

The new buffet look great - now i 100% feel ripped off with the chocolate foutain, which was the only redeemable quality of the luxury party stuff pack

We waited half a year for new gameplay content. Even tho i’m not 100 % happy this pack is next in line (because my family just needs more family gameplay and not just one event thing) ; i’m still happy they took an actual part of the game that most people like and decided to work on it. I genuinely hope they delivered on this, we’re all starving.