Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Care Throwback Meshes Are Recolors?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well this has been a fun read and I won't vote on it because these aren't recolors.
    I don't like the cropped top/jacket very much in either pack, it's just a style thing to me. I see differences though.
    I do love that cheerleader looking skirt but never really use the other one that it is being compared too.
    The pants are similar but look even more different in game. The shape is slightly different and the length, but definitely the texture work. It's really nice. I like these types of pants in general so the more the better.

Although I'm not voting here. I will say I don't like to use or maintain CC and I don't want to learn to recolor, retexture or anything like that. So if they do something like that and it's not a full pack worth but maybe a few pieces out of a pack. Yes I'd still buy it if I liked it. I just don't think 5 dollars is a lot for adding to my enjoyment either fleeting or lasting. If I had to pay that much everyday it would be different, but now and then. Nope, no problemo.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes, and I won't repay for a recolor.
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    to add to my earlier point,
    I think I'd be fine with recolors and/or remeshes, if the outcome would actually look new and not so dang similar to something we already have in game. Idk tho how different one can make an item just by recoloring....

I mean, isn't that the whole problem?
    even tho the clothes doesnt look exactly the same, it does look very similar, the style doesnt seem new at all.
    I think that is what many people dont like, it's not really how it was made, it's the outcome.
    Well...at least for me it is...
    if they manage to make something that actually looks unique and different enough from what we already got, I don't care if they got there by recoloring and/or remeshing.

this
    it just doesnt feel new enough even if i like the patterns

for example i still use the heck out of paranormal pack clothes even if at first they didnt seem my style at all and i really thought i was going to hate them

but i keep using them
    just because its fun seeing how those look on my sims cause its new shapes new patterns new possibilities
    (and it almost convinced me mullets can be cool)

but this kit? doesnt make me all that inspired to try on my sims cause we have similar clothing already and hence its boring

but well no use crying over spilled milk

i just wish for next cas kit
    they go bit more... experimental.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Mareah wrote: »
    When it comes to the items posted above, they fit their theme, but going with designs that stood out more might be better for this particular kit. I am no expert on 80s athletic attire, though. Are there more unique pieces they could have went with instead?

Anyway, i am the type of person who would skip a kit if it had too many items that looked to me similar enough to ones i already have, even if in the end they are not the same. Oh, and straight up recolors would be even worse since i dont care about buying those too.
    I do find their choices odd, as someone who happened to own 80’s athletic wear in the 80’s and early 90’s. I would have expected leotards, tights, leg warmers, over size ripped/extra wide/off shoulder tees, short shorts & high striped socks for men, bright colored wind breaker jackets (the ones in the pack don’t look wind breaker-ish to me), and some high pony tail hair with scrunchies and feathered bangs. As cliché as it seems we did wear that stuff, I may still have some of the tshirts and scrunchies.. :D
    All of these things sound so much fun actually, haha! I have some of that stuff for sims three, and i like it.

---

Hmmm, so the era this kit was trying to copy was the 90s after all. I think these items are good for that even if a few are a little similar to older items, which might have been bound to happen. We should take that into account, Op. They are following the theme and this is what it allows them to add, and they arent recolors in the end. Hopefully the next one will be a theme that allows for even more unique designs so you dont feel like things are retextured or whatever the right term is. I have a few suggestions in mind already 😎
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    No, Because this is a common practice in TS4 and doesn't bother me.
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    When it comes to the items posted above, they fit their theme, but going with designs that stood out more might be better for this particular kit. I am no expert on 80s athletic attire, though. Are there more unique pieces they could have went with instead?

Anyway, i am the type of person who would skip a kit if it had too many items that looked to me similar enough to ones i already have, even if in the end they are not the same. Oh, and straight up recolors would be even worse since i dont care about buying those too.
    I do find their choices odd, as someone who happened to own 80’s athletic wear in the 80’s and early 90’s. I would have expected leotards, tights, leg warmers, over size ripped/extra wide/off shoulder tees, short shorts & high striped socks for men, bright colored wind breaker jackets (the ones in the pack don’t look wind breaker-ish to me), and some high pony tail hair with scrunchies and feathered bangs. As cliché as it seems we did wear that stuff, I may still have some of the tshirts and scrunchies.. :D
    All of these things sound so much fun actually, haha! I have some of that stuff for sims three, and i like it.

---

Hmmm, so the era this kit was trying to copy was the 90s after all. I think these items are good for that even if a few are a little similar to older items, which might have been bound to happen. We should take that into account, Op. They are following the theme and this is what it allows them to add, and they arent recolors in the end. Hopefully the next one will be a theme that allows for even more unique designs so you dont feel like things are retextured or whatever the right term is. I have a few suggestions in mind already 😎

Admittedly the patterns made me think 80’s, but I kept most of that stuff well into the 90’s personally. I would love a kit with those type of items, to relive my youth.. I was a dancer (ballet & tap) back in those days.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited March 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »

Way not open the mesh and find out? I think you would change your mind about many of the clothes in TS4. ETA: Folds in TS2 are not caused or on the mesh, it's in the texture. Created by the texture. You can use one mesh to make a thousand different looking skirts etc. Folds or no folds etc. It's in the texture. I see reused meshes in TS4 all the time when I look at the clothes you guys get in packs.
    I was under the impression that this is a discussion regarding the Throw Back Fit Kit “recolors”? Not the other clothes in TS4. I’m well aware of the recolors from other packs in the game. I’ve known for a long time that they exist and someone else on here was kind enough to show that example too.

The clothes in this particular kit are a different mesh. I can see it clearly from the images shown. I can see where the folds are sticking out on one mesh and how the folds appear on the other. They’re sculpted differently.
    Cinebar wrote: »

But those who work in CAS and not with 3D objects can spin this stuff out in a few hours due to their experience with the tools and editors or whatever they use to create clothes (have no idea what Maxis uses) so by their expertise they can do it in a few short hours or even less if they have been doing it for years and years. People get faster the more familiar they are with the tools and how things work. Those who work on custom content for these games may take a few days or hours or weeks, to make one item depending on how familiar they have become with the tools they use. So, it really wouldn't take a dev in CAS days to create one top or even a whole outfit if they have twenty years of experience. Maybe an hour or less. (especially for tank tops)
    That bolded part is true and that’s also where the problem lies when people say: “ It didn’t take them long to make, therefore it should be cheaper.”
    This is a very common misconception.

Folks sometimes forget that many professional artists have spent years and years and years perfecting their craft before they get even get to see the inside of an animation or game studio. They are highly trained, highly skilled people. Most of them have been doodling and drawing and dabbling in software long before they got to university to study art. That’s the reason why big studios want them. These artists are in demand because they’re experts. They’re able to create something of high quality within a short period of time. They’re good because they make everything look easy. But in order to create a convincing mesh it actually takes skill and understanding of the objects and materials around them. It’s that simple. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited March 2021
    No, I don't care, I can't recolor clothes and don't mind paying more for recolored meshes.
    Not one flipping bit. It takes time to do recoiors, especially if a new “print” or “logo” is put on something. Time is money, and I don’t mind supporting that notion. This especially true for new objects, which involves knowledge of Blender (something so far beyond me that it hurts). So, recolored or a few new themed items will always have my support. I know that if I could do CC I’d charge for my time and effort.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021

Folks sometimes forget that many professional artists have spent years and years and years perfecting their craft before they get even get to see the inside of an animation or game studio. They are highly trained, highly skilled people. Most of them have been doodling and drawing and dabbling in software long before they got to university to study art. That’s the reason why big studios want them. These artists are in demand because they’re experts. They’re able to create something of high quality within a short period of time. They’re good because they make everything look easy. But in order to create a convincing mesh it actually takes skill and understanding of the objects and materials around them. It’s that simple. 🤷🏻‍♂️

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 But on the other hand CC looks exactly as good or even better and many CC creators haven't studied it and make content in their free time. I don't think making a new mesh for a game is the equivalent of brain surgery (metaphorically speaking) neither is it a piece of cake. But the fact that there are fans of the game out there that can create new meshes that look as good kind of proves that it's not this incredibly rare skill only some highly skilled individuals possess.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    As a CC creator of build/buy objects I make my own meshes from scratch in blender and I often use parts and pieces from one of my older meshes and modify it to fit my new mesh for example ... decorative bed pillows, I'll just reshape it in blender to look a little more flat or angled differently, add another pillow or two to it, and I have a brand new mesh. It's common practice. Why mesh from the very beginning when you can modify a mesh that's already done ...... meshed, mapped, weight painted to morph with the body when gaining/losing weight, so there's no clipping, etc. and just change the look, not only does that save time with the meshing, that part is already UV unwrapped and weight painted so that also saves time.

It takes me sometimes days and days to create a brand new mesh from scratch between the meshing, the unwrapping, the texturing, the testing in game, then if something is wrong, trying to figure out what the problem is. I have a folder full of "problem" meshes that I set aside and work on something else then eventually I go back to it and finish it.

And EA hand paints their textures, 90% of the detail on their clothing is not meshed, it's faked with normal maps and textures. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but it's not as easy as it sounds because meshes have seams where they have been cut up so it lays flat on a texture, sometimes it hard to get highlights, shadows, and depth to look good when you have 2 edges that need to match up seamlessly.

People want new content constantly but then if EA tries to save some time by utilizing a mesh that's already created and changing it, then they go ballistic.

This is no different than a LOT of well known Maxis Match CC creators who do frankenmeshing, they take a top from this dress, attach it to this skirt, retexture it and call it done or they take these bangs and this pony tail and attach it to this hair from this pack, or simply remove hair accessories, etc and people still support them on Patreon and not one person says "OMG! We already paid for this, all you did was changed the upper portion of the dress with another pack's item that we also paid for or " or "All you did was add a wispy bang hanging down, this is not a new mesh!"
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    This is the comparison pic that GrimCookies posted

0sv0CDD.png

They are very definitely different meshes.

The mesh on the left has a longer crotch and tight cuffted bottoms.

The ones on the right crotch is closer to form fitting and the bottom is elastic and is slightly puffy above it

Even the shape of the pants legs are different if you look at the sides and the dips.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    I can see they are not actual recolors, but I absolutely hate the idea of kits so I picked the yea it bothers me.

I've been playing a lot of TS3 recently without any mods and the amount of different clothing you can make is astronomical. Sure the meshes are outdated and pretty ugly tbh, but you can fix that with create a style easy. Makes me think they did not include any version of the feature in the new game purely because they can sell more clothes to us that way.

Now TS3 CaSt...that's recoloring.

Evidently that's what some people want. Fair enough.

Yes, it may be recoloring but it was the user that was doing the recoloring and not selling the item so there is an difference and I would not get upset as it was part of an feature that Sims 4 lacks. Personally I do not care if there are recolors or not as I have no plans on buying any of the kits. Also as I been saying this game is full of controversy and will always be. I rather have the feature that was in Sims 3 and do my own thing.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    This is the comparison pic that GrimCookies posted

0sv0CDD.png

They are very definitely different meshes.

The mesh on the left has a longer crotch and tight cuffted bottoms.

The ones on the right crotch is closer to form fitting and the bottom is elastic and is slightly puffy above it

Even the shape of the pants legs are different if you look at the sides and the dips.

I have to agree the pants are not recolors.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    From my understanding they are not recolours, they are indeed new meshes that look like existing meshes. So the question should really be "do you care if throwback meshes are similar to existing ones?"
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited March 2021
    No, I don't care, I can't recolor clothes and don't mind paying more for recolored meshes.
    filipomel wrote: »
    From my understanding they are not recolours, they are indeed new meshes that look like existing meshes. So the question should really be "do you care if throwback meshes are similar to existing ones?"

Yes, they are not recolors.

@Chicklet453681 re-posted the pic of the joggers, I'll do same with the top (pics by GrimCookies) :
    zwNVfP4.jpg
    Collar, shape of the sleeves and zipper. NOT the same.

And honestly, how many athletic wear there is in the world what does not resemble something else you have seen????
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    As a CC creator of build/buy objects I make my own meshes from scratch in blender and I often use parts and pieces from one of my older meshes and modify it to fit my new mesh for example ... decorative bed pillows, I'll just reshape it in blender to look a little more flat or angled differently, add another pillow or two to it, and I have a brand new mesh. It's common practice. Why mesh from the very beginning when you can modify a mesh that's already done ...... meshed, mapped, weight painted to morph with the body when gaining/losing weight, so there's no clipping, etc. and just change the look, not only does that save time with the meshing, that part is already UV unwrapped and weight painted so that also saves time.

It takes me sometimes days and days to create a brand new mesh from scratch between the meshing, the unwrapping, the texturing, the testing in game, then if something is wrong, trying to figure out what the problem is. I have a folder full of "problem" meshes that I set aside and work on something else then eventually I go back to it and finish it.

And EA hand paints their textures, 90% of the detail on their clothing is not meshed, it's faked with normal maps and textures. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but it's not as easy as it sounds because meshes have seams where they have been cut up so it lays flat on a texture, sometimes it hard to get highlights, shadows, and depth to look good when you have 2 edges that need to match up seamlessly.

People want new content constantly but then if EA tries to save some time by utilizing a mesh that's already created and changing it, then they go ballistic.

This is no different than a LOT of well known Maxis Match CC creators who do franken meshing, they take a top from this dress, attach it to this skirt, retexture it and call it done or they take these bangs and this pony tail and attach it to this hair from this pack, or simply remove hair accessories, etc and people still support them on Patreon and not one person says "OMG! We already paid for this, all you did was changed the upper portion of the dress with another pack's item that we also paid for or " or "All you did was add a wispy bang hanging down, this is not a new mesh!"

THANK YOU.

It's always better to hear from those that actually have far more experience in meshing and nothing isn't just hearsay with speculation. I thought working from a base than from scratch from just about anything just makes things easier and just a common practice, but apparently not.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    As a CC creator of build/buy objects I make my own meshes from scratch in blender and I often use parts and pieces from one of my older meshes and modify it to fit my new mesh for example ... decorative bed pillows, I'll just reshape it in blender to look a little more flat or angled differently, add another pillow or two to it, and I have a brand new mesh. It's common practice.

100% correct, this is industry standard and every game re-uses assets and meshes. There's articles all over the internet that have interviews with devs from all kinds of studios explaining how it's cost/time effective.
    filipomel wrote: »

@Chicklet453681 re-posted the pic of the joggers, I'll do same with the top (pics by GrimCookies) :
    zwNVfP4.jpg

And honestly, how many athletic wear there is in the world what does not resemble something else you have seen????

Those are literally not even close, like, at all lol.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2021

This is no different than a LOT of well known Maxis Match CC creators who do frankenmeshing, they take a top from this dress, attach it to this skirt, retexture it and call it done or they take these bangs and this pony tail and attach it to this hair from this pack, or simply remove hair accessories, etc and people still support them on Patreon and not one person says "OMG! We already paid for this, all you did was changed the upper portion of the dress with another pack's item that we also paid for or " or "All you did was add a wispy bang hanging down, this is not a new mesh!"

Thankyou this was very insightful. I love learning more about the process and work they do. 😃😄
    As a cc addict I know of tons of creators making hundreds on patreon for basically making the same stuff over and over. I mean you can only slice and dice it so many ways 😂😂 and when I was cleaning out my cc I didn't need I realized how much duplicate stuff I have, that looks almost identical. And they get so much money and praise for it.

I also tried my hand in clothes making and I never had such a headache in my life. Maybe I'm just not very smart but it was a nightmare for me😂
    Scary scary times 😐
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

zwNVfP4.jpg
    And there it is, as plain as day lol.

This poll ought to be deleted, it's spreading misinformation. People might only read the title or the original post and then not even be aware of the actual truth.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited March 2021

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 But on the other hand CC looks exactly as good or even better and many CC creators haven't studied it and make content in their free time. I don't think making a new mesh for a game is the equivalent of brain surgery (metaphorically speaking) neither is it a piece of cake. But the fact that there are fans of the game out there that can create new meshes that look as good kind of proves that it's not this incredibly rare skill only some highly skilled individuals possess.

This is what I’m talking about. I re-quote myself, see bolded part:
    They are highly trained, highly skilled people. Most of them have been doodling and drawing and dabbling in software long before they got to university to study art.

As a professional digital artist, (I work in both 2D and 3D) I can see the difference between the CC creator who has put an effort in refining their skills and the CC creator who hasn’t. There are not that many good CC creators. Most of them wouldn’t get a job in a studio, believe me. They’re sloppy, they don’t pay attention to detail, they don’t understand much about fabrics or the way clothing sits on the body. They don’t understand much about hair either. But a lot of people are OK with that, because these creators give their content away for free. And it kinda looks ok on their sims. But if you look closer, it’s actually not that good.
    There are perhaps 1 or 2 CC creators who can create a fully convincing maxis match mesh from scratch, with every single detail required to make it look authentic. With this I mean a fully detailed mesh, not a button here and there. It’s not that easy and @Chicklet453681 provided an excellent post about how CAS items can be created.

Some of the best CC creators have been creating content since Sims 2 or 3. A lot of CC creators are art students.
    However, I am in no way saying that one has to have gone to University to be a decent artist. It being “just a hobby” doesn’t mean their work can’t be of a professional standard.
    The Studios who hire artists may require the artist to have done some kind of study, because it is important to have that foundation, but at the end of the day they’re only interested in someone who can show skill and passion and a body of work that is of the quality they’re looking for. If you’re really good they will do anything to hire you, whether you have a degree or whether you’re self-taught. They can clearly see that you’ve invested time in creating decent pieces of content, because it takes years of practice.

This also goes for professionals. It’s quite obvious to me that the MAXIS artists have gotten better at modeling and sculpting CAS items. Compared to the stuff they offered us in base game at launch, the meshes are 10 times better. This is because they’ve been doing this for 7 years. We may not always like the clothing styles, but the meshes are of a much higher standard than what they were at the beginning. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member

zwNVfP4.jpg

This poll ought to be deleted, it's spreading misinformation. People might only read the title or the original post and then not even be aware of the actual truth.

This is just one proof that don't believe everything you heard and read online. I hope people would finally learn it.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

Very true.
    Also the price of something is determined by the quality of the thing, not how long it took to make it.
    I could knit a sweater for month, but since I cant knit at all it would be really, really bad, would I be right to charge alot of money for it then, just because it took me a long time?
    Nope.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    No, Because this is a common practice in TS4 and doesn't bother me.
    I really don't care, what I saw on the trailer looked better and I may actually use them now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021

zwNVfP4.jpg

This 'misinformation' came from reviews on the internet within the first few days, and from a few gamechangers. However, why should it be deleted when half of those who took the poll say it doesn't matter at all even if they were just recolors.

46% say they wouldn't buy but some of the answers state it's not because of possibly being a retexture/remesh/recolor but even just because it's a kit not worth the money for other reasons, and 41% say it won't even matter even it they were.

So, it gives us a look at what players do and don't care about. And it shows 41% (who wouldn't care, and or it's par for the course with TS4, don't care when added together) shows players of TS4 will buy recolors for more money instead of a wide selection of swatches in game at time of release of a pack and willing to pay more for less. Almost half of those who took the poll don't care anyway. :o

I will just add where someone stated Maxis hand pants all the clothes...A good Graphic Editor can add shadows and darker areas to a texture without ever having to hand paint that in. It's a couple of clicks to add shadow to clothes as long as you highlight where you want the shadow. I don't know what Maxis uses to create clothes, but no they don't actually have to hand pant such details. Maybe they do, but I sort of doubt it. (when the software can do it for them) Maybe the tools Maxis uses can add zippers, textures, designs, too. Though I am sure some of the things they do are painted.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Very true.
    Also the price of something is determined by the quality of the thing, not how long it took to make it.
    I could knit a sweater for month, but since I cant knit at all it would be really, really bad, would I be right to charge alot of money for it then, just because it took me a long time?
    Nope.

@RavenSpit Well it's kind of both. In EA's case we are speaking of a kit that costs 5$ per copy. The quality of it is pretty much CC quality that you can get for free. The time it took to make looks like wasn't a lot, as many people have mentioned especially when you take brainstorming and effort into creating new and original things into consideration. These outfits are very similar to previous outfits we got so I don't think there was a lot of creative thinking happening or a lot of research to create something new and extravagant. And then there is the quantity which also is very much.

So yeah products are very much about quality. But this quality over quantity thing is the go-to phrase people use to negate the arguement of "there isn't much content" or "this doesn't look like it took much time". It's almost a reflex people have to use this phrase when someone says something in that context, like a trump card that people think negates all the other person's arguements. But nobody ever sits down to think if the quality in the actual product really is that incredible and if maybe it's not just about quality but also about everything the product offers so quality, quantity, creativity you name it.

Like unrealistic example: If you spend 10$ on a stuff pack but it only comes with 5 things that are extremely high quality, like crazy good quality. At the end of the day it's just 5 things and not more for 10$ per copy. So then you ask EA why does this have only 5 objects and they're like "well quality over quantity" So then you're sitting there, scratching your head trying to think if the quality really is that amazing to justify the price.
    At the end of the day quality is just one factor when making a purchase and it does not trump all the others.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I said that I don't care, but it does bother me when I can blatantly tell that it's just an altered copy of something we already have in game. They do this a lot and while it's not a big deal when it comes to most packs, it shouldn't be a thing for kit packs. I'm not very detail oriented and I'm not the type of person to go combing for reasons to rage so this doesn't really mean much, but I felt like the alterations of the Throwback Fit kit were sufficient enough. It's just not $5 worth of content, imho.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited March 2021
    @RavenSpit Well it's kind of both. In EA's case we are speaking of a kit that costs 5$ per copy. The quality of it is pretty much CC quality that you can get for free.
    Nope not everyone can get CC, I know people like to forget about that, but console players cant get CC/Mods at all + even if we could it doesnt mean everybody wants to, as it would mean checking for compatability everytime a new update and/or pack comes out, cuz CC/Mods are NOT official content.
    So, if you think "quality" is a like an unfair trump card so is the "I can get this as CC/Mod for free"-phrase.
    The time it took to make looks like wasn't a lot, as many people have mentioned especially when you take brainstorming and effort into creating new and original things into consideration. These outfits are very similar to previous outfits we got so I don't think there was a lot of creative thinking happening or a lot of research to create something new and extravagant. And then there is the quantity which also is very much.
    Look, I am not arguing that the clothes aren't unique enough (I've stated before, that they are too similiar), I was just commenting on the point someone made, that the time it takes to make something determines the price, which isnt true.
    Like unrealistic example: If you spend 10$ on a stuff pack but it only comes with 5 things that are extremely high quality, like crazy good quality. At the end of the day it's just 5 things and not more for 10$ per copy. So then you ask EA why does this have only 5 objects and they're like "well quality over quantity" So then you're sitting there, scratching your head trying to think if the quality really is that amazing to justify the price.
    At the end of the day quality is just one factor when making a purchase and it does not trump all the others.

um...I don't see how that negates my point, I'd actually rather have 5 things of great quality than 20 of "so so", maybe I am just different than you in that way.
    Of course quality is not the only factor, when it comes to pricing or purchasing but it certainly trumps the time it took to make the thing.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top