The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on making your Simself?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,960 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I think I'm a little odd in that I don't like copying things into the game. I don't like the idea of making myself, my family, pets, or celebrities/others' fictional characters. I don't like the pre-mades generally either, but there are a handful that I let stick around.

I could be wrong, but it seems like people who play with aging off often create themselves and those who play legacies/with aging on, don't. :*

What I found troubling is some have downloaded MY Simself, when EA said that wouldn't be possible.

@GalacticGal
    How would the gallery recognize it as a simself though? It just has a unique ID code like any other sim or lot that’s shared. Unless there’s a setting I’m not aware of, it shouldn’t make any difference.

I just know what EA said, in the beginning. I guess it's apparent that they FIB. If I told a lie, growing up, I would get smacked. I just have to add that while I was initially creeped out over it, there was, at the same time. a competing sense of flattery, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I think I'm a little odd in that I don't like copying things into the game. I don't like the idea of making myself, my family, pets, or celebrities/others' fictional characters. I don't like the pre-mades generally either, but there are a handful that I let stick around.

I could be wrong, but it seems like people who play with aging off often create themselves and those who play legacies/with aging on, don't. :*

What I found troubling is some have downloaded MY Simself, when EA said that wouldn't be possible.

@GalacticGal
    How would the gallery recognize it as a simself though? It just has a unique ID code like any other sim or lot that’s shared. Unless there’s a setting I’m not aware of, it shouldn’t make any difference.

I just know what EA said, in the beginning. I guess it's apparent that they FIB. If I told a lie, growing up, I would get smacked. I just have to add that while I was initially creeped out over it, there was, at the same time. a competing sense of flattery, too.

@GalacticGal I’m confused - did you upload your simself to the gallery and now people download and play her?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,960 Member

@GalacticGal

@GalacticGal I’m confused - did you upload your simself to the gallery and now people download and play her?

I'm not entirely sure now, where we were to upload our Simselves. It was all part of creating our Avatars, very early on. I just know we either had a toggle to keep it private, or something of that nature, yet not long afterward I found I had been downloaded a few times. I think it was a whopping 7 times. LOL Like I said, I know I selected to have it remain private, so I was unhappy, at first. I managed to see the bright side of it, however. Flattered. I chose to be flattered.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Like many others, I did create my Simself (which is my current avatar) for the main purpose of profile pictures and avatars.

I also use my Simself to test out any builds that I make, so that I know they work properly. While I don't use my Simself in any save games, I do sometimes include a friends sim that they made themselves.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 835 Member

I play aging off and I don't play my simself. I've tried creating her a few times, but I feel weird playing as myself in games. All my sim families are made up and are very different from me.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I’ve always played my simself since sims 1. It’s only been me not anyone in my family. I play the life I wish I could have and not the harsh realities of normal life. I’ve tried playing other ways I just don’t have the same emotional attachment. Up until joining this forum I thought simself was a normal way to play as everyone I’ve ever known who has played the game plays their simself. I will admit none of my avatars have been of my simself and of other sims related in some way in my main save.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I made my simself but don't play him. I just put him into a random house in the neighborhood. I have MC Command Center, so the story mode got him married to some random townie, and they had 2 children, and they also have 3 weird looking dogs. Not exactly how my life is turning out, since I'm gay, don't like dogs or kids in real life :D:D

And no my avatar is not me.

Oh, haha, I'm sorry, but that's amusing. I'm not sure if you're aware, but if you use MCCC, you can apply a "never marry" flag to your simself so he won't marry a random woman. There are also ways to influence their gender preferences with mods, but I've never done that so I can't give advice there.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 896 Member
    I only made my Simself in my Sims 2 games, but that was because my friends wanted me to. Basically, my Simself married Ron Weasley, one friend married Draco Malfoy and another one married Harry Potter. The Sims weren't based on the movie versions, but out idea of them. I completely avoided the save file, unless they were watching me play. I ended up having like Six kids, and so did my friends. Our sims lived in apartments, so we all hung out together. A glitch attacked my game, and I was forced uninstall the game. It was kind of weird, but really funny.
    As for Sims 4, or another installed version of Sims 2, I refuse to make a Simself again. It is so weird having a version of myself in the game. I try to keep with canon, semi-canon, or AU version for my Sims, and I don't feel like including a Simself would fit the world. I don't even put Sim versions of my characters in the game, because that is kind of weird to me.
    The closest Simself I create are based on Avatars I create for other games. So, if I create an Avatar for an RPG, I will put a version of them in my game, but that is an extent of a Simself, that wouldn't be too weird to me.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,226 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I play the life I wish I could have and not the harsh realities of normal life.
    This was my intention while once upon a time created a simself :) At least in sims "I" could do what I always dreamt to do, and so easily :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    I remember I created a simself w hen I was 10. But when I discovered that they could die, I never made my simself ever again hahaha
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I play the life I wish I could have and not the harsh realities of normal life.
    This was my intention while once upon a time created a simself :) At least in sims "I" could do what I always dreamt to do, and so easily :)

This is why I play the game to live out my stress free simself life. It's how I've always played it and don't like playing any other way. Sims 4 is great for it as it's always happy, positive, easy gameplay that I need in my life.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I've tried making my Sim Self (and still have a version of him) but I removed him from the gallery for the time being. My biggest issue with making him was deciding on the traits to give him. (For example: I would say that the stuff I would have put on him has changed since the whole mess with my health got worse a few years ago.) I also keep thinking that I would be much happier with my results on a version of my Sims self if I had 5 base traits instead of 3. The funny thing is that my best friend and I managed to make a Sims household of him and his family that both he and I were satisfied with a while back.

That said, I've started making some Sims based on certain characters of mine both from some discarded film scripts and from a few other creative projects. (Not sure when I will get around to releasing them. I keep getting distracted.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Mine started with George Rivers, and as I slowly mastered CAS, he looked more like me. For many years (as I bought TS3 about a year and a half before I got TS4), my Simself was basically just a premade with my name attached. I've finally got a basic grasp of TS3 CAS, and I have to admit, my TS3 Simself, which I started from scratch, looks more like myself. In many ways, I feel the sliders are easier to use than the whole "putty" setup of TS4 since I know exactly what I'm changing and where to find each facial feature. I am still pretty poor on making female Sims, however.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I shy away from making my sim self or sims of people I know in real life because they typically turn out to look almost completely nothing like the real person. My lack of artistic talent with people creation is astounding. Its not that I have anything against people I know and love being in my game, just that I have something against making them look terrible :P I'm more of a builder/building re-creater.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    I tried to recreate myself a couple of times and they end up not being me because of you know...insecurities. However, strangely enough I would love if other people try to recreate me.
  • Options
    EmersedCrownEmersedCrown Posts: 120 Member
    Like @PlanetSixam I only make my simself for avatars. Trouble is, I am rubbish at it! I wish I knew how to use CAS well enough to actually make a sim that remotely resembled me...
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I shy away from making my sim self or sims of people I know in real life because they typically turn out to look almost completely nothing like the real person. My lack of artistic talent with people creation is astounding. Its not that I have anything against people I know and love being in my game, just that I have something against making them look terrible :P I'm more of a builder/building re-creater.

And this has happened with me a lot. I almost NEVER get them right, but honestly, I really don't care that much. I can't start from scratch without deviating too much from a premade. The majority of my Sims are usually based on the models from online retailers, or various stock photography websites
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2021
    I actually have multiple Simselves, in a way. One's my quite idealized Simself. And the others are either fandom or original story OCs who are BASED off of me. Considering they don't really look like me, but just have a similar personality and flaws as me, I don't know whether to classify them as actual Simselves.

My idealized Simself though (the one that you can actually see in my avatar) is the one that actually has some resemblance of what I actually look like. Except, she's well idealized since I'm not happy enough with my looks to make a "true-to-life" version. Unlike me, my Simself is a lot thinner, a lot prettier, has better teeth (though still not perfect) and no glasses. Basically what I WISH I looked like in real life.

I never play with aging on and usually turn on cheats to disable death (or worse case, close without saving) so the whole my Simself (family, friends, pets etc.) turning older than I am or dying isn't really an issue I'd encounter based on my play style. The only reason I haven't started playing my Simself yet is because I'm still setting a few things up. Like my own version of the Bachelorette challenge (I say my own version since I'm making my up my own rules) which I hope to start soon.

I guess I just find it easier to get immersed in gameplay when my "main" Sim resembles me in some way. I also just like play my ideal/dream life I guess. Maybe since it's unlikely I'll ever overcome enough of my anxiety to actually get a boyfriend or make anything of myself. As well as fandom related saves

I also started creating my real-life pets too, but I'm trying to get them as accurate as possible because they're already perfect the way they are. :heart:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,193 Member
    I made a Simself before Christmas, then I got bored & went back to my character sims.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    I think it everyone tries it at least once. I finally made one that accurately looked like me and to be honest, it was a little too good. I left my Sim-self homeless so he'd just appear at events and whatever and it'd always kind of surprise me. I did run a household with my simself and made some of the prettiest Sims I've seen born in the game so I guess I'm pretty simmable. Maybe that's not a good thing ! lol
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    I made my sim self and many family members in the Sims1. I don’t think I made a sim self in 2 or 3, I can’t remember.... lol. When I first got the sims 4, I thought I had to make a character to start playing so I tried to make my sim self. Not sure it looks much like me, I was excited to start playing. I have made no other family members or friends, I have lost too many in the last 20 years. My sim self is not really a lot like me. She loves gardening and can paint, I don’t like gardening, and I’m no good at art.... lol. She is also younger than me. I play rotationally, so she is just one of my sims. I did play her a lot in the beginning before I expanded my rotation, enough for her to have a nice house in Windenburg, and she has several collections. Sims 4 is really cool in one way. My sim self has never had a formal job, but she has earned money gardening and stuff, and does have a little business. She had taken up archeology too, something I would had loved to do in an alternate life,
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think many of us have made simselves, myself included. I don't play with mine.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Since Sims 1 I have. It helped me because I can't run since I was 14. Sims 1 selfSims days were scary and really didn't look like ourselves in the slightest. So SelfSim making has come a long way.
    to5a5il8bqa41.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DivawangDivawang Posts: 9 New Member
    I’ve tried making myself multiple times but I could never get it right so I gave up. I wouldn’t mind having my simself in the game along with my celebrity crush boyfriend lol.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have my Simself in my game. I rarely play her, but sometimes she shows up to other Sims' houses. It's really fun to see myself as part of the Welcome Wagon! :lol: I created my dead dog both in ghost form and in human form. His ghost form is part of my Simself's household. My current dogs are also in both dog and human forms.

49903859017_5956fac93a_b.jpg

49903859762_0b32d5f8fc_b.jpg

The human versions of all three dogs are now townies. So sometimes my dead dog in human form shows up to festivals, lol. (The thing around his head is as close as I could get to a halo. I added it after he died.)

49903038898_621bfe1514_b.jpg

At one point, I had the human versions living with me, and I managed to tweak the game so my elderly dog in human form could be both an elder and the son of my Simself (younger than elder).

My game is weird.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: