Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play as your Simself?

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    No. I play The Sims to take a break from myself and 'real life'.
    I’ve never really been too keen on the idea in the past and I don’t think I would ever play my simself in a proper gameplay way. However, I have been thinking about creating a sim version of me for a story that focuses on my disability and spreading awareness by using the Sims as a medium. I was playing about in Blender the other day and thought I could manage to create some poses and it inspired me.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Other.
    I often play a Sim who's loosely based on myself (but more exciting)... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    My Simself just lives in the world and my Sims meet me from time to time. Partly they are friends with me. That's kind of funny :D . But apart from that I don't play with myself. That's kind of strange :D. I have certainly Sims that are much more interesting than me :D .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Other.
    I play my simself but not generationally, only for challenges. I'm currently using her as a hotel manager in my own play through of DrGluon's hotel challenge. Though even then I wouldn't really count her as my simself because her name and traits aren't me, just the face.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    I don't actively play as my Simself, but I do have a Simself based family in the base save I keep trying to make and resettting. Their purpose is almost exclusively to use to help set up stuff at hidden lots and anything that might need an outside sim to visit the lot, either to test or to set lights or whatever.

In my active saves, I never play as my simself.

I mean, without a height slider, I can't make a particularly accurate simself anyway - though I don't want a height sliders - so it's just a sim with roughly my coloring.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I prefer playing unusual & theme based sims.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a 'What if' scenario.
    Years ago, in previous Sims versions, I let myself marry a Sim version of a rock star and give my daughter a little half-sibling. Ohboy.

Now, I still make my Simself, family, and friends, put us in nice houses with ideal jobs, then... wander away and play someone else. My Simself appears here and there in cameos, which amuses me. Nothing like seeing myself bust a move at a nightclub. Sometimes I'll invite myself to a party, but usually I don't make any contact. It's more fun forgetting I'm even in the game. :)
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I have played with myself two times. It was fun. :D
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I have a Simself, but I only played her to give her some skills and traits. She basically is an NPC in my game. I also play the Sims4 to take a break from myself and the world.
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a scenario based on past and current real-life experiences.
    Absolutely, I find it really fun!
    Although some/most experiences and stories are based on real life, it's also a kind of "what if" situation - in this case, what if my favourite - or not so favourite - characters lived in the same physical world as I do. I love seeing how "we" interact, especially when they manage to surprise me and especially when they do things that are SO in character but that I wouldn't have thought to direct them to do.
    Plus, you know, "I'm" dating Megamind so...😋

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Other.
    I have a simself but I don't play her. Recently started my own "master" save file and I placed my simself down in Oasis Springs (fav world). I've made her immortal with MCCC. Come to think of it, I need to make sure townies can't have babies with her. :D I did this sort of thing in Sims 3 so my sims could always run into her while out in the world but I don't really have a desire to play my simself... or the rest of the family (husband & orange tabby).
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'm actually intrigued by the fact that a majority of players haven't made their Simselves! For me it's like...tradition, almost. That was one of the very first things I did when I got TS4 CAS demo oh-so many years ago. In my main save I have my Simself and my husband and all our pets (including the ones who have since passed)...as well as some kiddos we don't have (yet). They've got a great house in Oasis Springs, and they can live however they like -- it's like my home away from home. Also I get to see and hug my dog Piper again (even if she is just pixels), so that's a definite bonus for me 👍
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I think my starter sim is often similar to myself but also very much opposite in behavior
    kind of like evil twin if you may

evil twin that coincidentally is perfect at doing everything and very wealthy and powerful

I don't really like playing other irl people though thats just weird to me and i don't really play her in like realistic me way cause honestly that just be sitting in various chairs, eating and sleeping and thats boring
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    even if I wanted to make a simself I couldn't, not the right the skin tone, not the right haircolor and eyecolor, no height changer, not the right kind of pets available in game (I will NEVER exist in any form of world without bunnies!)....

but luckily I do not want to anyways, I prefer creating original characters.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I've never tried. The sims is an "escape from reality" game for me, so I'd rather not put my reality in my game
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No, I get enough of my RL self and family, I don't want to have them in my perfect world.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I'd need to vote for a combo of the first two. Should I vote "other"?
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Other.
    I just play for enjoyment and not as a break from real life. A bit of building and redecorating once in a while. Actually playing It's worse and more stressful than real life.

My life is safe and ordered in Lockdown. It's just something to play whilst watching the TV, with interruptions for lunch!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other.
    I made my real life household (my simseld, husband and kids) in TS3 and enjoyed it but once my simself and my husband's simelf died, I quit. It felt weird watching my kids (who were really young in real life) grow up into adults and all of that.

Now, I just stick to characters that aren't real people. They may have similar traits to people I know and myself but no, I'll never do that again.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Other.
    I have a simself. I dont play with her necessarily, more I treat her like a test-dummy when building...
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    *Makes her sim self and ships her with sims of her fictional crushes*

....-grins- :#:)
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Other.
    No, I don't play a sim-self. I tried when the game first came out but it felt weird after a while. While playing that Sim I discovered that female Sims can't seem to do much of anything without giggling, sighing, or making some kind of noise which got annoying real fast. I still have that save backed up on my external drive. The last time that I looked at it I was surprised to see how dark the lighting was back then.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me, the fun of playing with genetics and seeing the end results is more fun than playing as myself. I love my life and myself; Its just different, getting to go into a fantasy world and be a creator who has the ability to shape others' lives, for better or worse.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I used a younger (of course) version of my simself for my legacy. I think it was just prior to release we could make our own sim but had to be young adult/adult only. I have played a few different scenarios using myself which is kind of like real life come to think of it. Did the same in Sims3 as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Other.
    Yes, I do, I play simself in my alternate, fantasy-based universe that is also based off of real life history, personal experiences.

In my world I am a 16 year old Sorcerer, who is tried constantly by his insecurities, High School drama, Bullies, his sexuality, His magic, and literal daemons who were created by his omniscient Grand-Uncle to devour his magic and conquer the Earth. His best friend is a Werewolf, who also plays a key role in this story. Our two families have been friends for centuries.

Although my simself Is actually currently not born yet... he won't be born for another 1000 years (Or when ever werewolves are introduced back into the sims and I can get the story going). So for now I play as My simself's maternal Grand Parents and Uncle (whom are essentially also my simself). They exist in this world trapped in this Ancient to Enlightenment time period I've concocted. Build a Kingdom, play with Kings, Queens, Lords, Ladies, Mages, Knights, peasants alike. Go on adventures and create my own lore.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif