Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play as your Simself?

Hey!
On this forum there have been many discussions and debates regarding representation and inclusion in the Sims.

It made me wonder if there are many people out there actually playing as their Simself, or even simified their whole family?

I know that one time, a younger member in my family created her house and the entire (close) family. She played with them (us) like dolls. I don't know if I survived in her game...I must ask.

I personally can't do it. But I can understand why people might want to.

Do you sometimes play as your Simself?

Do you play as your Simself? 306 votes

Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a 'What if' scenario.
18%
BluegayleSimsILikeSimsIsb917elemmelekerryemmiebeth1upMushroomsSavorySagefruitsbasket101loubylouloustilljustme2KaeChan2089Chanty25mlmeadowsPurpleThistlesGablob2306phantasmkisscharmed4life4LadyTachunkaIvyeyed00Nur 56 votes
Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a scenario based on past and current real-life experiences.
6%
bshag4lvboyinflorida21alexspoom13simgirl1010snarkysimsDarkLady2788Katiardguezsherristar13MaggieMarleypandie00policeofficerswifeKerittaJasonschick80Dan20153ViolettaDuvelinaNightwolf225MagicaCatCharityCodes 19 votes
No. I play The Sims to take a break from myself and 'real life'.
54%
crocobauraauroraael14icmnfrshKita5399fififoofoo2123GalacticGalillusiestoryyAlexaiJueJueAyradyssoveronMi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CmcruddMeteoraStormmercuryfoamWyrrenJestTruluthienrising 168 votes
No. But it's sounds exciting and I might give it a go in the future.
3%
imhappysimlicious2015Glimmer50GorgeoiousamberlinaLisamango0PotterheadSimChatsasmurfy77nerdfashionGoosey 11 votes
Other.
16%
lisamwittCamkatSimburianelanorbretonIObelleg01denswancatloverplayerLustianiciaSimplyJennastyjmanAlwe1507troshalomFinvolaSweetieWright_84SindocatdrakharisCAPTAIN_NXR7CogshellSimmerMarsDoloresGrey 52 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a scenario based on past and current real-life experiences.
    I have played my simself but I found it to be boring so I deleted the save after one session. 😂
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Other.
    My initial answer would be NO.
    I may Simify myself only for the purpose of a profile picture or the like, but that's the extend of it.
    Playing as myself in the Sims is a scary thought for me. One thing is for sure, the trait/ personality system (or the lack thereof?) couldn't handle it. My game will break.

I love creating a variety of sims from different cultures for different worlds.
    However, I noticed that my main sims usually have dark hair and brown eyes, because that's what I identify with.
    I don't play as long with say, blonde hair/blue eyed or really dark skinned sims, because they feel quite different and I tend to let them live their own life and have them either become friends or enemies with the main guy.

I built my house once, just to mess around with building extensions as I was wondering what that would look like.
    But moving my simself into the house is something I don't think I can handle.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have played a simself once, very briefly. When TS3 came out, the first thing I did was to create my family (myself, my mum and my brother). TS3 was my first sims game and I kind of wanted to try everything out. Of course, within about an hour I got curious about whether I could starve them to death.

Long story short: My whole family (including my simself) perished in a small windowless and doorless room :D

ETA: Just realised I should have picked the first poll option. This was definitely not a scenario based on real life haha.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Or better: I used to.

I created my simself as the main character of a challenge, but towards the end he got abducted and returned pregnant. After recovering from the shock I got creeped out when a sim I had created myself became close to my selfsim. Not wanting to end in bed with a pixel, I took my selfsim family out of the game.

Recently I introduced my selfsim and daughter to my rotational save. "I" now work at the Detroit Police Department as head of forensics. It's nice to see "myself" interact with my co-workers and join them at staff outings, but I do not play the family anymore.

Another consideration against actively playing the selfsim is that as a sim I could easily reach any goal I'm struggling to a failed to irl. That would only lead to disappointment and frustration.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other.
    No, never but not for the reasons listed. It's not to "take a break from real life", as I don't tend to disassociate from real life when I play nor do I want to. I don't get "lost" in the game, just play for casual fun when I feel like unwinding with a cup to tea. On the other hand it's also not something that "Sounds exciting and I'd want to try it". It's just that, I have zero interest in the idea of playing myself in the game. It sounds boring to me.
    If I wanted "me" to do laundry, I'd throw a real life load on... if I wanted myself to cook, I'd cook in real life, not virtually. I want my made up characters to do these things and if they looked like me it's just feel kinda weird.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other.
    I have no reason to do so right now. Also am waiting for my correct skin tone to be added in-game as well as pet birds.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    No. I don't really like myself all that much in real life. I also think it's a weird to make ones self in the game. No offense meant to those that do.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other.
    Last time I played as my simself my daughter ended up having two children with two different guys. First she had a son with Joaqien Le Chien, he then ditched her. Then she got together with Hugo Villareal and had another son with thim. Hugo hated her first son. When my husband died IN GAME! I autonomously started to drink different kinds of juices I made like multiple times a day. This is definitely not a life I want for my little daughter nor for myself. Never ever I will play with my simself.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't play my simself regularly, but I have played her years ago and might play again at some point. I played her in a Harry Potter themed fantasy save with a mix of actual real-life experience. She was hospitalized for mental illness. Then she was supposed to learn yoga and escape St.Mungo hospital via teleporting. I like the set up, but never really got her story going. Also would have to redo the save since we got RoM.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I tried it once, making it as much like me as possible--I found that sim to be quite boring, so I deleted it :p
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Other.
    I have created a simself, but she's a townie in my game now. I like seeing her walk around and I don't have a say in what she does. Sometimes she's ridiculous! :D

Other than that, I think it's kind of creepy to play with a simself. It's creepier yet to make people you know, especially in a game that lets you wall them into a pool. At least IMO it is. I play a little deviant though and I don't mind me a good old sim's death, I'd be upset if I killed "real people".
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Never, mainly because I struggle to get a sim looking like me so I just don't bother. (Not because of skin colour issues just because I can't find the right hair and facial details to make it actually resemble me and I'm not that good with CAS facial sliders so the sim always looks generic and nothing like me).

Closest thing I do is making a sim who's the person I want to be rather than who I actually am
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My Simself is currently a spellcaster living in Glimmerbrook in one save. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have never felt a need or want to try and create a Simself.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ashleyrosey06ashleyrosey06 Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2020
    I used to play as my simself, but then it got to the point that I was like "dang, this chick has a WAY better life than actual me", and I stopped. I still run into her around town playing as other sims and I'm just like "screw your trophy doctor boyfriend and your cute dog and your 100k simoleons" lol
    Post edited by ashleyrosey06 on
    In Simlish, we don't say "I love you." We say "Habadu Bashubi", which roughly translates to "I can't move because there is furniture in my way." I think that's absolutely beautiful.• ORIGIN ID: ashleyrosey06 •Ts2 is superior... change my mind ;)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2020
    No, but I did it once and ended with that I killed my simself to end her misery. The job events of getting accused of losing documents and yelled for this at the work felt so real, so I turned my simself into a vampire, did a carnage and let her die through the sun later. I rather have fun with non related sims.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    No, I don’t think I want to play my simself. But also I’m not great with CAS lol wouldn’t even know how to create myself. I did create a sim with my full name and when I started my other save I threw her in the world. One day I’m playing and got a notification with my full name stating she passed away. Lol that kind of creeped me out.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I am myself everyday of my life. I don't want to play as myself in the game. I think it's weird. Others like to do it and that's great. Not for me though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    I tried and couldn't do it. Totally creepy. Even to make people in my family is just too weird. It's like playing with voodoo dolls lol.
    I ended up deleting myself lol. I enjoy sims as the fantasy world that it is 😊
    Though I do still intend to make myself again for profile picture, haven't gotten around to it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I think I'd be creeped out to see my simself wandering round a fictional town..... noooooooo
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes, I tried early when the game was released to make a simself which I tried to play seriously and I just thought it felt weird.

Then a couple of years ago I tried again and ended up creating the sim which is on my avatar. However, instead of playing him seriously I just placed him in a household together with some other random sims. While I play him sometimes it's actually more fun to not play him and just see him walking around and do different things when i am playing other households.

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Other.
    My simself is so boring. She was one of the first sims I made in The Sims 4 and I tried to keep things interesting by making her pick up skills I don't have irl, like the guitar, but I eventually moved on to more interesting sims.

I had her in the background of my world for a long time until KawaiiStacie's Animal Crossing Challenge, which I chose her to try it out. Though, since completing it she has gone back to the background.

Once in a while I'll see her at the nightclub and be like "guuurl, you do not belong here." lol
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This is the only gameplay style I can play. I’ve played my simself since 2000. My simself has all my traits, looks like me and lives the life I want to live. I don’t make any family member just me and never built my own house I live in. In my game I’m playing 3rd generation and the 4th are currently babies/toddlers/kids. I’ve tried playing other gameplay styles/challenges and don’t have the emotional investment in the game. Up until I joined this forum I thought simself gameplay was normal as everyone I’ve known who has played any version of the sims has only played their simself.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    Both. I have three saved worlds:

One for testing new stuff and creating builds. It's only populated by the Tryout family. I only use this world to build and paytest and, after I'm happy with the build I've made, check sims can properly use everything and upload it to my library, I bulldoze the lot.

Another for my "real life" sim version where I made my real life family, friends and buildings. This save has none of the preset Maxis content, only buildingsband sims I've recreated from my life. I play this when I want to reminisce about things tat happened in the past or want to do some goody stuff.

Last world has all the Maxis presets and no real life stuff. I play his alternatevly with my "real life" world.

Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!