Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Official Countdown Thread!!!!!!! (Now Available)!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So possibly November 12 is the pre EP patch? Then Gamechangers get it the 14?looking at a calendar it doesn’t feel so long as 19 days 😃😃

don't forget the live stream on the 8th

I know, I just want something new other than that
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    So possibly November 12 is the pre EP patch? Then Gamechangers get it the 14?looking at a calendar it doesn’t feel so long as 19 days 😃😃

Yeah, my guess is patch on Tuesday 12th & that's when GCs get the pack. Their embargo will lift on the 14th so there's a day for them to post their content before the pack drops. But also, are the GCs doing EA camp for the pack this time?

I also wonder: if there's new content we usually get a Maxis Monthly along with the patch. There's no hint of that happening this time. It might be that it's because of the livestream or they just haven't announced that yet.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    18 Days!!!!!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    All I can say is I'm glad the leaks were real! I wanted University since TS4 was announced :P

ME too. I was hoping we got this a lot sooner than we did.

I'm hoping the wait will be worthwhile, that they've really spent some time on it. It is like a bloodline expansion after all.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Finally it’s starting to get a smidge closer! I hope we get a video this week. I need more information.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Finally it’s starting to get a smidge closer! I hope we get a video this week. I need more information.

yes a game play trailer would be nice @Invisibleaes
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    next month I will start what things to you want next year thread like last year and I will say the thing we got this year as well a lot of wishes were granted this year

Yeah I'm really surprised that Maxis released 3 Heavily Requested Packs this year. Who would have ever thought we would have gotten Island Living,Realm Of Magic and now Discover Universities all in 2019. All 3 of those have been heavily requested. I'm still in love with Island Living and Discover University looks to add a lot of things we have been asking for like shower woohoo,piercings,bikes and other stuff. Imagine what packs we'll get in 2020. I'm hoping to finally see a Dating Themed Gamepack or Expansion in 2020 and a Pool Stuffpack or Hotels Gamepack.

What sense does it make if they rush out requested packs if gameplay is close to zero and only half baked. IMO the „free“ toddler (details and animations) was the best thing they‘d ever created in TS4 so far.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

you know you'll get it anyway :) sorry i'm in a playful mood. :)
  • Options

Totally true it’s preordered already on origin! Because even if it’s not my taste of sims playing I share with 2 sisters who love sims too lol I passed along the addiction
  • Options

Totally true it’s preordered already on origin! Because even if it’s not my taste of sims playing I share with 2 sisters who love sims too lol I passed along the addiction

lol. good sistering.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    next month I will start what things to you want next year thread like last year and I will say the thing we got this year as well a lot of wishes were granted this year

Yeah I'm really surprised that Maxis released 3 Heavily Requested Packs this year. Who would have ever thought we would have gotten Island Living,Realm Of Magic and now Discover Universities all in 2019. All 3 of those have been heavily requested. I'm still in love with Island Living and Discover University looks to add a lot of things we have been asking for like shower woohoo,piercings,bikes and other stuff. Imagine what packs we'll get in 2020. I'm hoping to finally see a Dating Themed Gamepack or Expansion in 2020 and a Pool Stuffpack or Hotels Gamepack.

What sense does it make if they rush out requested packs if gameplay is close to zero and only half baked. IMO the „free“ toddler (details and animations) was the best thing they‘d ever created in TS4 so far.

That's just subjective opinion, though. Personally, I think Realm of Magic is great, it has plenty of gameplay... it's just that people who don't like the game don't want to see it. But I do think Island Living feels like a Game Pack, even though I enjoyed it more than I expected to, it feels way too small for an expansion. It just didn't really expand that much.

But anyway, I hope we do get some kind of information on University this week. There are a few things I'm really interested to know more about.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I'm preordering on thursday (halloween gift to myself, lol), i'm just buzzing im so excited, lol.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    I'm preordering on thursday (halloween gift to myself, lol), i'm just buzzing im so excited, lol.

i celebrate 19 years of work on november 20th theres no such thing as a 19th aniversay present so i bought this.
  • Options
    17 Days!!!!!!
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I pre-ordered yesterday. I was trying to wait until pay day, but the pull was too strong 😂
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I pre-ordered yesterday. I was trying to wait until pay day, but the pull was too strong 😂

I agree, it is a strong pull. I will be pre-ordering soon myself.
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I cannot wait – pre-ordered, even though I don't finish my own university year until December 14! I feel like it's going to be difficult for me to stay away during study...
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    oh shoot. here we go again

enhanced-26298-1432220843-2.jpg
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2019
    This will be a belated birthday present to myself. Growing up I never really celebrated my birthday, or got gifts.. so now I always try to put money back so I can buy myself a Sims game for myself when they release in my birthday month, or a bit after.. (which my birthday was 10 days ago). : )

Also, is it just me, or the gurus a bit... quiet on twitter about this pack? :/ Making me nervous.. and kind of worried that we will have to wait until the November 8th stream to find out information, which I find slightly odd.. I mean.. maybe it's a good thing because it's going to be a "filling pack" with lots of content, but.. I'm skeptical a little that there might not be much game-play content..
  • Options
    This will be a belated birthday present to myself. Growing up I never really celebrated my birthday, or got gifts.. so now I always try to put money back so I can buy myself a Sims game for myself when they release in my birthday month, or a bit after.. (which my birthday was 10 days ago). : )

Also, is it just me, or the gurus a bit... quiet on twitter about this pack? :/ Making me nervous.. and kind of worried that we will have to wait until the November 8th stream to find out information, which I find slightly odd.. I mean.. maybe it's a good thing because it's going to be a "filling pack" with lots of content, but.. I'm skeptical a little that there might not be much game-play content..

maybe their quiet cause their working on the pack. while i love other games i always try and get sims4 packs cause dad who bought me the sims4 base game is no longer here. that might be why my sims have personality even without mods . dad had a lot of personality,
  • Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl I’ve been thinking the same thing myself usually we get some tide bits as soon as they’ve announced something!
  • Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl I’ve been thinking the same thing myself usually we get some tide bits as soon as they’ve announced something!

It concerns me cause it might mean the Discover University might get delayed till December. Get Together was delayed. There has been no talk about a Sims Camp Event either.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

maybe their quiet cause their working on the pack. while i love other games i always try and get sims4 packs cause dad who bought me the sims4 base game is no longer here. that might be why my sims have personality even without mods . dad had a lot of personality,

Yes, they're working on the pack. But the reason I brought up them being quiet is because they've announced other expansion packs, and answered a lot of questions on twitter before a live-stream. Why is this one different?

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. :( It's nice that you two had that to share and you continue to play on with him in memory. ♥
  • Options

Yes, they're working on the pack. But the reason I brought up them being quiet is because they've announced other expansion packs, and answered a lot of questions on twitter before a live-stream. Why is this one different?

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. :( It's nice that you two had that to share and you continue to play on with him in memory. ♥

it was 2 yrs ago but while he didn't play computer and video games he understood i did.