Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Official Countdown Thread!!!!!!! (Now Available)!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I didn’t see any elders in the trailer and actually, I’m happy about that. That was one of features I hated most in TS3 Uni. Just YA like in TS2, please. I do hope there are online classes for older Sims, though.

Why did you hate it?

My Universities tended to get overrun by elder Sims who often died at inconvenient moments. Also, where I live, it’s very uncommon for elderly ppl to attend Uni. But my gripe with all ages in TS3 was that there were so many elders In Uni as the game progressed. Could have been a bug, though.

Just poor programming, I suspect. I wouldn't want them to restrict it to just YA. Keep options open so we can all tell the stories we want. If the game is coded properly, Uni shouldn't be overrun by elders. I'd rather they fix the problem than make the game more restricting than it already is.
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Does anyone know if a sim is enrolled into University when they become a teenager or YA in Sims 4?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I’m curious about what ages sims can go to college. As I watched the trailer for the 6th time with my sister this morning I noticed it seemed to be oriented towards Young adults or Adults only. I hope the elders aren’t left out that was my favorite retirement for them in the sims 3 they went back to school so to speak lol

yes I'm hoping elders can go as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I know everyone is wondering this, but I wonder if all classes are rabbit holes or if they will do it like TS3 where some are rabbit holes, but you also have a lecture that’s playable once or twice a week.

My guess is it will work similarly to the “work from home” function where you’ll be able to decide if you want to send your sim to class (rabbit hole) or “study from home” with tasks to perform that are connected to your sims’ major.

Just my guess though, we’ll have to wait and see!

I would love that!

That's what I'm hoping.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’m curious about what ages sims can go to college. As I watched the trailer for the 6th time with my sister this morning I noticed it seemed to be oriented towards Young adults or Adults only. I hope the elders aren’t left out that was my favorite retirement for them in the sims 3 they went back to school so to speak lol

yes I'm hoping elders can go as well

It was my favorite thing from the sims 3 version of university. I’m curious as to what we’ll get to do with the different ages to prep for college. Scholarships and such were fun to work for! Like if there’s a scouting one or skill based again lol so many questions and so long to wait for the answers!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    21 days till our sims can woohoo in the shower and have bicycles. :p
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    21 days till our sims can woohoo in the shower and have bicycles. :p

bycles in the shower could be dangerous :p sorry your post caused imagery in my head.
  • Options
    20 Days and Counting!!!!!!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So close to the teens. I remember with TS3 I’d be having so much PEPS and there’d still be months away for the launch. 😭😭😭
  • Options
    next month I will start what things to you want next year thread like last year and I will say the thing we got this year as well a lot of wishes were granted this year
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    next month I will start what things to you want next year thread like last year and I will say the thing we got this year as well a lot of wishes were granted this year

Yeah I'm really surprised that Maxis released 3 Heavily Requested Packs this year. Who would have ever thought we would have gotten Island Living,Realm Of Magic and now Discover Universities all in 2019. All 3 of those have been heavily requested. I'm still in love with Island Living and Discover University looks to add a lot of things we have been asking for like shower woohoo,piercings,bikes and other stuff. Imagine what packs we'll get in 2020. I'm hoping to finally see a Dating Themed Gamepack or Expansion in 2020 and a Pool Stuffpack or Hotels Gamepack.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    wow we hit the teens tonight.
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I’m super hyped. This is the most I’ve been on the forums in a while and I’m loving it 😊
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I hope that the universities will function like the magical realm in the way that if I log into an household and enroll a specific sim into university and the go back to my main household my sim would be able to see that earlier sim on campus as a student.

I have had a ton of fun designing and making my own magical community and I love seeing the sims that I designed as spellcasters turn up in the realm. It would be fun to make my own student-townies for university. An adult military sim with a prosthetic limb going to Uni to start a new life. A good vampire that never would feed on anyone, he got a grant providing he would participate in some studies to further the knowledge of vampire-kind. That sort of thing.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

You know I was wondering about this the other day - maybe dorms, or rather, the uni world, will indeed function a bit like the magical realm? Except this time they let us build without cheats?

Keeping all my fingers crossed. I like that there are lots that we can build on at least. Or rather I assume that we can build on them if there are a couple of them.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm honestly super surprised at the attitude of the forums as a whole. I haven't seen a single thread screaming "NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS!" like there was for Island Living and such. It's very refreshing.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Does anyone know if it will affect regular school for kids and teens too or just an actual University only
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it will affect regular school for kids and teens too or just an actual University only

Actual University but I imagine teens can attend universities.
  • Options
    19 Days!!!!!

We've hit the teens!!!
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I haven't done like anything with Island Living. I don't know why other than because my story hasn't gone there yet . I really like RoM though it's not perfect but I'm enjoying it. I think they needed to release the packs people want ... Because people want them so it's a good idea. The packs that are newer ideas or surprises are risks.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    In my head, I already know where every one of my sims that have not finished high school yet are going. Moon (who just aged up into a child) will probably go to Britechester to study either writing or painting, and Maya, Moon's little sister, isn't going to attend University at all if I follow through with my plans to make her an actress.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I haven't done like anything with Island Living. I don't know why other than because my story hasn't gone there yet . I really like RoM though it's not perfect but I'm enjoying it. I think they needed to release the packs people want ... Because people want them so it's a good idea. The packs that are newer ideas or surprises are risks.

That reminds me I need to use the outdoor shower that came with Island Living. I haven't even used it yet.. I"ll place it on one of the beaches.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So possibly November 12 is the pre EP patch? Then Gamechangers get it the 14?looking at a calendar it doesn’t feel so long as 19 days 😃😃
  • Options
    So possibly November 12 is the pre EP patch? Then Gamechangers get it the 14?looking at a calendar it doesn’t feel so long as 19 days 😃😃

don't forget the live stream on the 8th