Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else excited about the LGBT Pride content coming this month?

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2019
    [Removed by EA_Mai]

You're generally right, but some hot clothes would be nice nevertheless 😁
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    [Removed by EA_Mai]

You're generally right, but some hot clothes would be nice nevertheless 😁

I still want that body hair though.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I'm happy about it but I didn't get a sense of what items they are talking about. Anyone have a clue what we might get? I'm straight irl but I have many gay families I play.
  • Options
    jakenbakejakenbake Posts: 5 New Member
    > @DrewRowland said:
    > jakenbake wrote: »
    >
    > No because it's being done in an extremely patronizing way to act as a band aid over the fact that they are letting down a significant portion of players who have been waiting FIVE YEARS FOR DIFFERENT CONTENT BESIDES MERMAIDS!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The EP isn't just mermaids, also we're getting a magic GP in autumn, which is what I and a lot of other people have wanted, if you're talking about university, surely that will come eventually.

They've had five years to provide the player base with a magic pack. FIVE YEARS! I've been waiting, searching, and hoping that the developers of this game would figure it out that they're making some of their consumers feel disenfranchised by being blatantly ignored, and shoved at the bottom of the priority list. Especially since they continue to release mediocre expansions that should've just been content included in the base game!
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    @EA_Mai this thread probably need some attention from you.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. At the end of a day it's still up to an individual to decide if they want to use those contents for their game. It's more of an extra option.

Game is game, love is love. No need to argue those over a video game. <3
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Oh, yeah and I bet it comes as a free update, even though I am straight and ignore the stuff that is there already, the fact the free update forces it on the part of the community that may not support the movement makes it unfair. They also don't really mark the gay pride stuff so straight movement people can avoid the content all togather. So anyways good to everyone that wants it and tough luck to everyone that don't want it. We didn't get a choice when they redid the male female cloth so I just say blah to the whole thing and this topic will eventually get closed because it is just to flame prone anyways. Too each of your opinions I respect them, but for though that have different opinions being forced into downloading a patch that includes nothing from the poeple that are straight is kinda silly, but what do I know.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This is the only thing I'm not very exited about. I don't see the need to get political stuff in a game. It's just not necessary. In the very least, I'll just hope the clothes aren't selected for randoms/townies.

Because randoms/townies can't be LGBT&c? Or supportive of their friends who are?

Also, how is inclusive content somehow more "political" than an agenda of not representing diversity?

I welcome the Pride stuff, and my Sims will use it.

No. They just can't be parading in my game with nonsensical political sweaters.

It’s possible that any cas content will be disabled for random, like the Moschino hoodie is.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    As far as my sims, I don’t have many lgbt sims but I am very happy they are doing this 😀
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm not really that excited for it personally. Out of all the things they announced today it's the least interesting to me but I don't mind it either. It's nice that the game has something for everybody.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I hope it's a nice mix of subtle and loud. I'd like subtle accessories, and maybe hanging flags for the home! a Bed set would be wonderful, and I'd also love to see items for all ages!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Not if you got 15,000 townies wearing it.

Hope to see a gay mermaid that would be funny.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Really happy to see more of this! I've been using CC -- bracelets, t-shirts, flags -- that I'd happily replace with well-made Maxis content. I hope they're fully inclusive with themed colour sets so it goes beyond the LG and is more broadly representational than that. I also hope that anything with non-Simlish language on it isn't tagged for random; it's immersion-breaking for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    No, it's not something I would use in the game. So, honestly it wouldn't benefit my gameplay. And the game is supposed to be about us as indivduals isn't it? I don't like English written out in the game and not in Simlish.
    [Comment removed by EA_Mai] I play a game to get away from life, though I want it to mimic life. It's great for some of you, but what will it do for me? Nothing. So, it caters to a few or many of a group, ... but not all. Content (if free) or maybe it's paid? should benefit most, and it won't. That's my beef. [Removed by EA_Mai] It's a game everything in the game should benefit my gameplay. You want it to benefit your gameplay, right? Yes, so it should benefit mine, too. It divides the community. [Removed by EA_Mai]

And my real question is how can other creators who don't make this type of content but content of other causes, get in on this deal or can they?
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I hope there are rainbow colors, I’d love that.

There’s no inequality in my sim world, but more colored clothes are always welcome :).
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. At the end of a day it's still up to an individual to decide if they want to use those contents for their game. It's more of an extra option.

Wish I could give about 20 Awesomes for that last line -- but one will have to suffice. <3
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I already found some of the premade townie sims that are generated by the game to be masqulant females and femine males, with the different walk styles. Anyways that kind of stuff kinda annoys me, because I don't want it in my game play, and because its outfit or objects in catalog it takes up space on my computer. They should mark it so we that don't want ti can click to hide it in our game. Also the raindbow flag has more than one meaning it used to mean Unity and Piece back in the 60 and 70.

• Options
    VinceVince Posts: 88 Member
    > @Sid1701D9 said:
    > I already found some of the premade townie sims that are generated by the game to be masqulant females and femine males, with the different walk styles. Anyways that kind of stuff kinda annoys me, because I don't want it in my game play, and because its outfit or objects in catalog it takes up space on my computer. They should mark it so we that don't want ti can click to hide it in our game. Also the raindbow flag has more than one meaning it used to mean Unity and Piece back in the 60 and 70.

Yeah but, we are in 2019 sir.
    As an heterosexual, I'm happy to see how LGBT is claiming equality.
    And I'll be happy when there will be no more debate on the thing.

Because that will mean finally that the human is accepted, in all its forms.
    Nothing is more important than empathy.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    Not something i would use in my game I hope it's optional
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Not excited at all I hope it's optional and the game doesnt shove it right at my game, like townie male with female dress walking around in my current game.

You can decide that in cas,as has been for a long time. It won't throw that in your face for sure. Like a realistic player is not shoved in the face with aliens or mermaids, I'm certain. They exist, and it's awesome that they exist cause there's a lot of people that wants them. And we respect that.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2019
    Although I won't get any use out of these items myself, I'm still happy for the people who wanted these items in their game. I'm not sure how they plan on implementing it, but I'm sure they will probably make it so you have to set it up in CAS in order to use it. So, maybe it will be a choice if you want to use it or not. As for equal rights, I agree that everyone deserves equal rights and that includes: Christians and other religions/faiths, LGBT, politics, etc. I have friends with different political views and beliefs than me, but we all respect each other's values and differences. There is never a need to treat people badly because they have different views or life styles, but this goes for all parties and sides of the isle. Equality is a two way road not a one way road.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »

I agree the thread has derailed. I hope anyone who isn't excited should be able to say so. It's content, we all should be able to say if we want the content or not. And not be called names because we might not. I would prefer any content they add to game to be in Simlish, I like Simlish I want to keep the game The Sims. I'm a tradional/originalist player. I want to keep Simlish on clothes, signs etc. My Sims live in a world other than earth. Simlish is a universal language. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top