Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are these used components good enough for TS4?

monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
edited November 2018 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hey, all! First of all, I'm so so sorry if this has been asked before, because it seems like a common thread, but I honestly haven't been able to find a similar thread.
Also, again, for some reason I can only post to certain categories, so I apologize if it's a wrong category.

I'd like some advice from people who know their way around computers :)

I'm trying to build a new PC. I'm studying animation, so I model and animate but aside from that I really want this new PC to handle TS4 smoothly.

The thing is, the components aren't going to be new, they'll be ~3 years old, so my question would be, could they handle the game smoothly (on high settings) even though they are old that much?

Here are the components:

Intel Core i5, 4 x 3,4GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM (I might upgrade to 12/16gb instead)
ATI Radeon or Nvidia 4GB
500GB hard drive
Probably going to install Win7.

Oh, and it's going to be a desktop PC, not laptop.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I wish I could help you. I also have a gaming rig that itself is nearing the three year mark in age. It's a DDR3, as well. I run it on Win 7, but my laptop which is Win 10 (I hate Win 10, just for the record) seems to play the game just fine, so far.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I'm not an expert or anything, but 3 is kind of old for a computer and its parts. The game may run, but there's no guarantee the computer will last very long.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @monia_vuk.

if you're wondering if your current PC meets the minimum requirements to run The Sims 4, there is this EA help article titled "The Sims 4 System Requirements" that will talk though the min specs a PC needs. A little bit down from that in that same article there's also a link to test if your current PC can run the game as well. Check it out :)

I'll lock this thread from here. We used to have a Sims PC Technical section here but it's now being hosted on AHQ (this thread goes into the why's behind the move ^^). If you find that article isn't giving you the info you're looking for could you recreate this on AHQ? There are a lot of in-the-know tech helpers both Simmers (Heroes and Champions) and EA staff, that could offer their insights on this too :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top