Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the big news is?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    graventhe wrote: »
    8VKqJC9.png

Lol I told y'all it's some Sims mobile thing maybe VR soon
    At this point I just lost it, I'm over this game now I'll be playing skyrim SE and maybe TS3 if I can tolerate the lag..

I don't get it - it's Sims mobile - nothing to do with us. What is the problem with Sims 4 mobile getting that. It's a different game. I am fairly sure when EA Mage said news coming it is about our game not Sims 4 mobile other wise the info would just be in their forum. Of course they are going to have new stuff too - they are the new kid on the Sims 4 block just like the console one is as well. Both are going to get news and new things I am sure, and it does not affect us. They have their own huge teams you know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2018
    peach1red wrote: »
    Real life make my seizures happen, so VR doesn't exactly do me any favors. My brother did let me run around Whiterun on Skyrim VR a bit though. He was in the room the whole time, and despite what my mother said it didn't really bother me. The moments after the headgear came off it was bit different, but while I was in, I was in. Then again, I wasn't allowed to leave the town. Pretty weird considering I can't even play Minecraft. But in the long run Sims in VR would probably be pretty bad for me, huh?
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    That they have shelved Sims 5 and will begin working on Sims 6 instead.
    Bit like Windows 9 :D

Actually there's a good reason why tech companies skip 9 in product development; I've heard that the word or symbol for 9 in Asian languages (Japanese, Chinese etc.) is very close to the word/symbol for bad luck so that's why both Apple and Microsoft jumped from 8 to 10 in software releases, why there's an iPhone 8 and an iPhone X (10), etc. -- it just doesn't translate well for overseas customers. (Another famous case in marketing studies was when Chevy sold the Nova to the South American market; "Nova" literally translates to "no go" in Spanish.) :D

Catloverplayer Wrote
    Fortuanly their not skipping Nine with the upcoming Note 9 but I'll get back on topic. I'm thinking either next week or the next one we'll get an ep trailer teaser on Monday and a full trailer on Tuesday. Hope it's Seasons or Amusement Parks.

Edit
    Why is my post showing in a quote instead of after it?

{EA_Lanna: fixed it}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    It could be mobile, but I suppose that depends on how you veiw this: http://simscommunity.info/2018/03/26/ea-to-announce-next-sims-experiences-at-ea-play/
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I bet you this big news IS mobile related and has nothing to do with TS4..IDK just what was recently discovered via fansites I bet my feeling that this big news isn't anything good or worthwhile was right...btw after hearing this I deleted Sims Mobile (was uttly boring anyway)...yeah this is scary.
  • Options
    I bet you this big news IS mobile related and has nothing to do with TS4..IDK just what was recently discovered via fansites I bet my feeling that this big news isn't anything good or worthwhile was right...btw after hearing this I deleted Sims Mobile (was uttly boring anyway)...yeah this is scary.

As someone who doesn't have a phone I would say I am the least intreseted in the Sims Mobile.

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

As someone who doesn't have a phone I would say I am the least intreseted in the Sims Mobile.

It is a real time tap and click game, not a true sims game. The good stuff is hidden behind a pay wall. Still interest you?
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Sims Online? really I got that game and the box was never opened, :) , anyway I am hoping they took up My idea I gave them from the beginning, of My Monsterville Town, I am not to sure bout Seasons though as a lot of My Sims stuff would get covered with snow as most of the items are outside of their homes cause most of the lots are way to small no room inside, or they would all get wet from rain, I do not wish that to happen, so not sure I would get Seasons, unless they had another world with only that world gets wet, but anyway I am hoping for Werewolves and Witches, and of course Mermaids, yup. :)
  • Options

It is a real time tap and click game, not a true sims game. The good stuff is hidden behind a pay wall. Still interest you?

It doesn't interest me.... I said I'm the least interested...

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I think she was expressing her disinterest, but you're right. It's not a fun game at all. I find it to be a real snooze fest.
  • Options
    Sims Online? really I got that game and the box was never opened, :) , anyway I am hoping they took up My idea I gave them from the beginning, of My Monsterville Town, I am not to sure bout Seasons though as a lot of My Sims stuff would get covered with snow as most of the items are outside of their homes cause most of the lots are way to small no room inside, or they would all get wet from rain, I do not wish that to happen, so not sure I would get Seasons, unless they had another world with only that world gets wet, but anyway I am hoping for Werewolves and Witches, and of course Mermaids, yup. :)

I just looked up The Sims Online, there's a Sims game I haven't heard of before. Amazing.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

I just looked up The Sims Online, there's a Sims game I haven't heard of before. Amazing.

I bought it years ago, but never opened the box to play it cause at the time I was busy playing another online game, :)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    Whatever the big news are, I doubt it's anything good for The Sims 4. Budget cuts definitely don't sound good (if anyone didn't read about them from Twitter or Sims Community yet, the news are there). My guess: they are done with the PC game and want to put their resources on The Sims Mobile.

Makes you wonder; what budget is there left to cut from? Imo The Sims 4 had a very limited budget from the start.

I hate mobile games.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited April 2018
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    Whatever the big news are, I doubt it's anything good for The Sims 4. Budget cuts definitely don't sound good (if anyone didn't read about them from Twitter or Sims Community yet, the news are there). My guess: they are done with the PC game and want to put their resources on The Sims Mobile.

Makes you wonder; what budget is there left to cut from? Imo The Sims 4 had a very limited budget from the start.

I hate mobile games.

TS4 is very expensive to make. The average cost (salary/other compensations/overhead costs) of hiring a developer at SF Bay Area (where TS4 is developed) is roughly $200,000 a year (Source). There are like 200 full-time employees at The Sims Studio and the cost of maintaining the studio alone for EA is like $40 million a year. And that doesn't account QA testers / translators that work at other EA locations and external studios where they outsource object modeling. Then you obviously have marketing costs and many other miscellaneous costs. There are plenty of means to cut budget.
    Post edited by elelunicy on
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »

I hate mobile games.

TS4 is very expensive to make. The average cost (salary/other compensations/overhead costs) of hiring a developer at SF Bay Area (where TS4 is developed) is roughly $200,000 a year (Source). There are like 200 full-time employees at The Sims Studio and the cost of maintaining the studio alone for EA is like $40 million a year. And that doesn't account QA testers / translators that work at other EA locations and external studios where they outsource object modeling. Then you obviously have marketing costs and many other miscellaneous costs. There are plenty of means to cut budget.

Well, then The Sims 4 doesn't do well. It's that simple. They keep giving the impression that The Sims 4 does so amazing, even Grant said that in his interview at the end of last year.

They were perfectly able to make the previous iterations with even more teams and (obviously) budget (they even had a studio in Salt Lake to make a couple of the Sims 3 EP's)

And with how limited The Sims 4 already is and how shallow its content is since the start, makes me wonder how it is going to be now...
    So the only reason I can think of (budget wise) is that the game does NOT do that well, otherwise they would have had plenty of budget to create more in depth packs, and to cover all the costs.

But it is clear since the start: Quantity over Quality. That's the Sims 4 right there for you. They don't give a plumbob about the quality, because they are banking on customer loyalty. ''THE SIMS'' as a brand alone will sell almost anything they put the label on, so they just pump out half baked content all the time because they know it sells, but so it seems the profit is not that great anymore, so they just cut more to max their profit asap and kill it off after.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I hate mobile games.

Well, then The Sims 4 doesn't do well. It's that simple. They keep giving the impression that The Sims 4 does so amazing, even Grant said that in his interview at the end of last year.

They were perfectly able to make the previous iterations with even more teams and (obviously) budget (they even had a studio in Salt Lake to make a couple of the Sims 3 EP's)

And with how limited The Sims 4 already is and how shallow its content is since the start, makes me wonder how it is going to be now...
    So the only reason I can think of (budget wise) is that the game does NOT do that well, otherwise they would have had plenty of budget to create more in depth packs, and to cover all the costs.

But it is clear since the start: Quantity over Quality. That's the Sims 4 right there for you. They don't give a plumbob about the quality, because they are banking on customer loyalty. ''THE SIMS'' as a brand alone will sell almost anything they put the label on, so they just pump out half baked content all the time because they know it sells, but so it seems the profit is not that great anymore, so they just cut more to max their profit asap and kill it off after.

- looks like what that got us will be no more sims. It's their game and if we don't play like they expect us too they take their ball and go home. It's game over. So I have to ask - was not happily playing by their rules - without dispute better than having no Sims at all? Saying someone else will make it has been the sounding cry every time someone was unhappy - yet not once did another company come forward when they saw how hard and expensive this game was, along with how passionate and loud sims players can be over the last 18 years. I sometimes think other companies were more fearful of us than they were EA, as they could see we didn't quietly take our disappointments and just move on - we fought back loudly and anywhere we could.

You gotta admit we are a tough crowd.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I hate mobile games.

- looks like what that got us will be no more sims. It's their game and if we don't play like they expect us too they take their ball and go home. It's game over. So I have to ask - was planning by their rules and paying what they wanted - without dispute better than having no Sims at all. Saying someone else will make it has been the sounding cry every time someone was unhappy - yet not once did another company come forward when they saw how hard and expensive this game was along, with how passionate and loud sims players can be over the last 18 years. I sometimes think other companies were more fearful of us than they were EA, as they could see we didn't quietly take our disappointments and just move on - we fought back loudly and anywhere we could.

Oh yes, we are not just ''casual gamers'' like some people want others to believe. The Sims community IS very hardcore and vocal. I get it is difficult for developers to not disappoint after all these years, but they got the most precious thing right there. Us.

The vocal community is really the best thing they can wish for. We keep providing them with feedback, about what works and what doesn't. They can learn a lot from that.

I am just very curious about what's next and how the future of the franchise, and also The Sims 4 is going to go. I doubt they will just pull the plug now completely, but release requested (most likely halfbaked) addons asap and move on with something else, and I hope that ''something else'' is NOT mobile.
  • Options

I hate mobile games.

- looks like what that got us will be no more sims. It's their game and if we don't play like they expect us too they take their ball and go home. It's game over. So I have to ask - was planning by their rules and paying what they wanted - without dispute better than having no Sims at all. Saying someone else will make it has been the sounding cry every time someone was unhappy - yet not once did another company come forward when they saw how hard and expensive this game was along, with how passionate and loud sims players can be over the last 18 years. I sometimes think other companies were more fearful of us than they were EA, as they could see we didn't quietly take our disappointments and just move on - we fought back loudly and anywhere we could.

Oh yes, we are not just ''casual gamers'' like some people want others to believe. The Sims community IS very hardcore and vocal. I get it is difficult for developers to not disappoint after all these years, but they got the most precious thing right there. Us.

The vocal community is really the best thing they can wish for. We keep providing them with feedback, about what works and what doesn't. They can learn a lot from that.

I am just very curious about what's next and how the future of the franchise, and also The Sims 4 is going to go. I doubt they will just pull the plug now completely, but release requested (most likely halfbaked) addons asap and move on with something else, and I hope that ''something else'' is NOT mobile.

That is not EA's way though - when they stop something - they stop it without much warning at all. Just look over their history. I have seen them close down a game that had been 5 years in the making - within days of it's release date - not just once but several times have they done this. So if they are planning to shut down it will be fast and furious. That is EA's style.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2018
    as much as i love the sims, i was one of their first and loyal customers. if this disappointing trend of the sims 4 is any indication of what to expect from future the sims games, they might as well end it. the game is all looks and no brains.

and for anyone who hasnt yet seen the stories about the budget cuts, here ya go.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/
    https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/

i used to be a huge fan of imvu for years, then one day they decided to put all their efforts into a mobile version as well as a web version and started ignoring the desktop client and that was the end for me. i started to get a feeling of deja vu when i seen the sims 4 starting to follow the same trend, with the sims mobile and console versions now boom, here we are. just as i feared. might as well start writing that eulogy.

want to cut budgets? cut the console and mobile crap and start putting your focus where it always should have been, where it always worked. The Sims PC.
  • Options
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    as much as i love the sims, i was one of their first and loyal customers. if this disappointing trend of the sims 4 is any indication of what to expect from future the sims games, they might as well end it. the game is all looks and no brains.

and for anyone who hasnt yet seen the stories about the budget cuts, here ya go.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/
    https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/

i used to be a huge fan of imvu for years, then one day they decided to put all their efforts into a mobile version as well as a web version and started ignoring the desktop client and that was the end for me. i started to get a feeling of deja vu when i seen the sims 4 starting to follow the same trend, with the sims mobile and console versions now boom, here we are. just as i feared. might as well start writing that eulogy.

want to cut budgets? cut the console and mobile plum and start putting your focus where it always should have been, where it always worked. The Sims PC.

Those are fan sites - and heresay - we need to see what EA has to say. If they are cutting the budget just on Maxis PC that is saying one thing - it's a whole other deal if it was overall. But when they take and cut our best people like the Guru mentioned - either way that is bad for us. That guru was going to make oceans swimmable. Now what?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

want to cut budgets? cut the console and mobile plum and start putting your focus where it always should have been, where it always worked. The Sims PC.

Those are fan sites - and heresay - we need to see what EA has to say. If they are cutting the budget just on Maxis PC that is saying one thing - it's a whole other deal if it was overall. But when they take and cut our best people like the Guru mentioned - either way that is bad for us. That guru was going to make oceans swimmable. Now what?

I doubt EA will come forward with an official statement about this disaster though.

The community is very worried now (and rightly so) so the best thing would be to have someone from EA coming forward and give some clarity on the matter.
  • Options

I thought that killed off Maxis.

• Options
    edited April 2018

I thought that killed off Maxis.

Maxis is who makes our game. All EA killed off was the old studio in Emeryville that made the My Sims game and Sim City and those side games The Sims had. But that went down with the ship when it's Sim City game blew up. Our main Maxis team that makes the Sims series has been at Redwood City, EA Campus more or less all along in what is The Sims Division.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

I doubt EA will come forward with an official statement about this disaster though.

The community is very worried now (and rightly so) so the best thing would be to have someone from EA coming forward and give some clarity on the matter.

They have to tell the Stock Holders something - they have to make a statement at the Earning Call meeting. They don't have to say anything to the players but they are a public company and will need to explain why they are shutting down this studio - if they are - after all the raving of how great the Sims 4 is doing. I mean last meeting one of the major holders even stated how impressed he was over the 39% increase the Sims pc went up yet another quarter and asked what they contributed it to that quarter and the previous two - and EA had all kinds of great things to say - so surely this quarter - even if it was not as good as the last 3 - warrants more explanation why they would shut it down. One thing about a public company - they don't have to tell players anything - but they do have to answer to their public investors and stock holders.

In dreams - I LIVE!