The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Teased Next Sims Experiences In Now Deleted Tweet

Comments

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Well it is clear now that it’s content for TS4

https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/posts/1756941304344932
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »

I was just about to post this! It is clearly for Sims 4 and that makes me very happy! I do not want Sims 5 yet!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Hopefully we will know more about these "new experiences" next week..
    (That's when the next quarterly teaser comes out right?)

I'll be disappointed if it's TS5 because then I would feel like I've wasted my money on unfinished game(aka TS4). And I for sure wont be buying TS5 if that happens(I would only buy TS5 once I've seen all of it's DLC because I wont be making the same mistake twice).

So I hope that it's just about new DLC or about the mobile game.

And me I'll be happy if it's TS5!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It won't be Sims 5. There's too much milk left in the Sims 4 cow.

You're not in the mind of EA. If they think they can make more profits with TS5, they'll do. Doesn't matter if they can still earn a bit with TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Could be anything. New experiences might literally just be "recently released new experiences", kinda like people got to play with the kids stuff pack at the time ^^
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

I was just about to post this! It is clearly for Sims 4 and that makes me very happy! I do not want Sims 5 yet!

Sims 5 maybe in another 2 years/year and a half. There’s so much more they can do and while people are hating on sims 4 it was the same as sims 3 and 2. Numbers say everything if sims 4 is making a lot of money moving to sims 5 before we even get the proper ep would be risky. There are a ton of people who won’t buy sims 5 if sims 4 ended in such a state.

Everyone who wants the sims 5 is ready to buy before the sims 4 has any of the typical ep’s, it isn’t that almost the same as buying the first pet stuff? If you can buy the sims 5 with sims 4 being half done I see no reason why the same people would get upset when others buy first pet stuff from a EP that people complained was not done and sold separately.

Wouldn’t people mad about the fact that they can start a game and not finish it? Everyone doesn’t want ea to be like that yet if sims 5 comes out with sims 4 halfdone were ok with that?

Clearly EA thinks sims 4 is a game they should focus more on, if you don’t like sims 4 and EA likes the direction of sims 4 what makes everyone think they will change directions in sims 5?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited March 2018
    But remember, they did say "next Sims experiences" and not "next Sims 4 experiences". It could be anything.

Finally it's "our next Sims 4 experience" , not experiences = 1 EP announcement

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    But remember, they did say "next Sims experiences" and not "next Sims 4 experiences". It could be anything.

Or more likely a SP, like last year.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Still hoping for Pet Rock Stuff. :D
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Just saw the new tweet. Glad it got posted. Proper context and all that. Also glad they cleared that up. :p

I'm kinda amused by the idea that we're all thinking it's for the PC when it could very well be 'new' packs for the console that we already have. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Well I'm hoping for like a preview demo of Seasons, since it says "Sims 4 experience" and a Stuff Pack isn't really a big experience. Maybe they could show off what they've done to this date considering Seasons. Would be cool!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Just saw the new tweet. Glad it got posted. Proper context and all that. Also glad they cleared that up. :p

I'm kinda amused by the idea that we're all thinking it's for the PC when it could very well be 'new' packs for the console that we already have. :D

Speaking practically, no this is not about the console. Console DLC is old content, and as such gets bottom barrel marketing. If you think EA is going to be promoting old content being ported from PC to console months ahead of this event in June then you are being blissfully naive.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Speaking practically, no this is not about the console. Console DLC is old content, and as such gets bottom barrel marketing. If you think EA is going to be promoting old content being ported from PC to console months ahead of this event in June then you are being blissfully naive.

No reason not to assume they don't have a relatively long-term release schedule for the ports, but thanks for the needless name calling though. ;) And no, I'm not going to base my assumptions on their marketing on how much better you think of your PC playing self than the console players. They promote the console pack drops, and things like the new gallery (new to the console) all the time.

But yeah, 'bottom barrel' indeed. :p Forgot to call them 'plebs' or whatever too?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The suggestion that console gets less advertising is not far-fetched at all -- The Sims on PC is their main show, and all of the other titles (on mobile, console, etc.) do not receive nearly the amount of advertising or support that the PC version does.

I personally believe it's reasonable to expect them to announce the next expansion pack for TS4 over hype TS4's presence and whatnot at EA Play for just another port of a pack which has already been released.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Content for Sims 4 Console may be old hat for us PC players, but for those who only play console it's a Big Deal and totally new to them.

The community practically melted down when they announced GT 3 months (which turned into 4 months) early. Can't imagine what this place will look like if we have to wait 5 months to get the actual pack.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited March 2018
    And rightfully so its not people fault who dislike Sims 4 that Sims 4 moves its expansions out at a snails pace with half the content old expansions use to offer. At this pace its going to take 10 years to see what we use to see in 4 are you really surprised people are ready to move on.
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Sims 5 maybe in another 2 years/year and a half. There’s so much more they can do and while people are hating on sims 4 it was the same as sims 3 and 2. Numbers say everything if sims 4 is making a lot of money moving to sims 5 before we even get the proper ep would be risky. There are a ton of people who won’t buy sims 5 if sims 4 ended in such a state.

Everyone who wants the sims 5 is ready to buy before the sims 4 has any of the typical ep’s, it isn’t that almost the same as buying the first pet stuff? If you can buy the sims 5 with sims 4 being half done I see no reason why the same people would get upset when others buy first pet stuff from a EP that people complained was not done and sold separately.

Wouldn’t people mad about the fact that they can start a game and not finish it? Everyone doesn’t want ea to be like that yet if sims 5 comes out with sims 4 halfdone were ok with that?

Clearly EA thinks sims 4 is a game they should focus more on, if you don’t like sims 4 and EA likes the direction of sims 4 what makes everyone think they will change directions in sims 5?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm calling a witches GP or/and maybe cars are back with cops, burglars, firemen and all the other cool stuff.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well time to roll out mass speculation threads. The "Season" of the "Witch" ... oh yeah. I can dream.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    And rightfully so its not people fault who dislike Sims 4 that Sims 4 moves its expansions out at a snails pace with half the content old expansions use to offer. At this pace its going to take 10 years to see what we use to see in 4 are you really surprised people are ready to move on.

I don’t see how everyone that hates sims 4 concludes sims 5 will be better will be better.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,309 Member
    Exciting news! Hopefully we'll get a quarterly teaser next week with a sneak peek. :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Exciting news! Hopefully we'll get a quarterly teaser next week with a sneak peek. :)

Yeah, well if they have a playable version at EA play, I assume they want to announce it before that and release shortly after.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I assume experiences refers to pc and console not new standalone sims titles.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2018
    Mobile too, i personally wouldn't read into it too much :smile: