Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Teased Next Sims Experiences In Now Deleted Tweet

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    And rightfully so its not people fault who dislike Sims 4 that Sims 4 moves its expansions out at a snails pace with half the content old expansions use to offer. At this pace its going to take 10 years to see what we use to see in 4 are you really surprised people are ready to move on.
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Well it is clear now that it’s content for TS4

https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/posts/1756941304344932

I was just about to post this! It is clearly for Sims 4 and that makes me very happy! I do not want Sims 5 yet!

Sims 5 maybe in another 2 years/year and a half. There’s so much more they can do and while people are hating on sims 4 it was the same as sims 3 and 2. Numbers say everything if sims 4 is making a lot of money moving to sims 5 before we even get the proper ep would be risky. There are a ton of people who won’t buy sims 5 if sims 4 ended in such a state.

Everyone who wants the sims 5 is ready to buy before the sims 4 has any of the typical ep’s, it isn’t that almost the same as buying the first pet stuff? If you can buy the sims 5 with sims 4 being half done I see no reason why the same people would get upset when others buy first pet stuff from a EP that people complained was not done and sold separately.

Wouldn’t people mad about the fact that they can start a game and not finish it? Everyone doesn’t want ea to be like that yet if sims 5 comes out with sims 4 halfdone were ok with that?

Clearly EA thinks sims 4 is a game they should focus more on, if you don’t like sims 4 and EA likes the direction of sims 4 what makes everyone think they will change directions in sims 5?

I don’t see how everyone that hates sims 4 concludes sims 5 will be better will be better.

I have limited hopes for ts5. I generally dislike ts4, although I wouldn't say hate, to much effort to hate on something that's just a game.

Either way, I refute the claim that everyone who hates/dislikes Sims 4 make conclusions with little evidence.

As for why some people think ts5 will be better, I suspect it is because people tend to hope for the best. That could be why some people speculate and get excited about ts5 beginning. They are just hopeful.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited March 2018
    Why are people in this thread talking about Sims 5? The deleted tweet says "next Sims 4 experience". So... it's a Sims 4 thing. Oh! I see there was new stuff clarifying that on p. 3 :)

Also woot! It's April already next week!

*shoves taxes back out of sight - down! down!*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,627 Member
    EA's April Fools prank... in fact, nothing will be announced :p

Ooh that would be cruel but also best prank of 2018.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

I was just about to post this! It is clearly for Sims 4 and that makes me very happy! I do not want Sims 5 yet!

Sims 5 maybe in another 2 years/year and a half. There’s so much more they can do and while people are hating on sims 4 it was the same as sims 3 and 2. Numbers say everything if sims 4 is making a lot of money moving to sims 5 before we even get the proper ep would be risky. There are a ton of people who won’t buy sims 5 if sims 4 ended in such a state.

Everyone who wants the sims 5 is ready to buy before the sims 4 has any of the typical ep’s, it isn’t that almost the same as buying the first pet stuff? If you can buy the sims 5 with sims 4 being half done I see no reason why the same people would get upset when others buy first pet stuff from a EP that people complained was not done and sold separately.

Wouldn’t people mad about the fact that they can start a game and not finish it? Everyone doesn’t want ea to be like that yet if sims 5 comes out with sims 4 halfdone were ok with that?

Clearly EA thinks sims 4 is a game they should focus more on, if you don’t like sims 4 and EA likes the direction of sims 4 what makes everyone think they will change directions in sims 5?

Because everyone has a different definition of a finished TS4. Everyone wishes for different packs. So for some people the game will never feel finished. The game is still missing a lot of stuff that they'll never add back in, so some just want to move on to what hopefully will be a better base game, including myself.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    NickSims wrote: »

Because everyone has a different definition of a finished TS4. Everyone wishes for different packs. So for some people the game will never feel finished. The game is still missing a lot of stuff that they'll never add back in, so some just want to move on to what hopefully will be a better base game, including myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I want sims 5 and I want it to be good I just don’t think it’s good practice to leave a game that has 70% less content then it’s predacessors. Of course I don’t expect it to be 100% but it’s obvious the sims team is still working on sims 4. Who knows maybe the game can’t be saved (according to some of those who dislike) but I rather give them a chance to see what else they have, they could surprise everyone.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I saw the delete tweet on a video. Figured it was either an early April fools prank or someone just wanted to see how much hype would come from it. >.<
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's definitely not the TS5. This was their announcement on their FB page.

"EA PLAY is returning to the Hollywood Palladium from June 9th to 11th! Here's your chance to play our next Sims 4 experience. Pre-Register for EA PLAY by clicking the link below."

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    EA's April Fools prank... in fact, nothing will be announced :p

Ooh that would be cruel but also best prank of 2018.

Pet Rock Stuff would be better.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    NickSims wrote: »

Don’t get me wrong, I want sims 5 and I want it to be good I just don’t think it’s good practice to leave a game that has 70% less content then it’s predacessors. Of course I don’t expect it to be 100% but it’s obvious the sims team is still working on sims 4. Who knows maybe the game can’t be saved (according to some of those who dislike) but I rather give them a chance to see what else they have, they could surprise everyone.

Yes, I agree with that.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I don't think it would be sims 5, there's still more to go left in sims 4 and I do believe one of the gurus has already said sims 4 will be around for some time yet.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    It'll be their next port.

That's what I think, anyway.

Remember EA is all about the money. If something is making them money, they keep going. If something isn't making them money, they throw it in the trash rather than save it.

Once again I ask Sims 5 believers, why would EA go to all the cost of making Sims 5 when they've got multiple solid bases in Sims 4, and Sims 4's engine can handle all the DLC they can throw at it and they're turning out Sims 4 ports right, left and center?

The answer, in theory, is more money, of course. But it's a case of risk vs reward and currently the former outweighs the latter. People say "I'll buy Sims 5" but would they really when it actually came to light? And would they have the hardware for it?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sims 4: VR Edition

lol
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png