Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons wouldn't be confined to one world (Confirmed, NOT speculation)

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,294 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm glad it's in all the worlds, but I'd like the ability to set which world gets what type of weather. I just can't see OS getting blanketed with snow. Or the new adventure world either.....

I don't think that will be possible.In sims 3 ine world was one game file. Sims 4 one save file is mutple worlds connected
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Didn't see anyone make a thread on this all day, I thought someone for sure would have by now.

Quote by Simgurumegs

"We've gotten this question before and no, we would never confine seasons to a single world."

Source:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims-4-guru-confirms-seasons-not-confined-one-world/

Note, she said they wouldn't confine it to one world. Well, o.k. how about three vacation destinations? Just sayin' it out loud.

3 Vacation destinations is not a single world. That's 3 worlds. And that's not what she's saying. She's referring to previous answers that clearly state Seasons would be for all worlds, and not confined to specific worlds.

Let the rumor die already. These same rumors came around with TS3 too. They obviously design the game engines with the two biggest packs in mind (Seasons & Pets).

What rumors? I haven't heard any. I'm just going by past remarks about the engine though we do get the occasional comment they wouldn't do it (confine it) to new worlds only. And since they said Pets/Cats and Dogs was their biggest EP to get out of the way....it does make me wonder if that is true, how easy or hard is seasons? Just speculating.

This whole “Seasons confined to a single world” has been a rumour that people have followed since 2015.

The past remarks about the engine are getting taken out of context. They’ve only said they can’t move lots or change terrain of existing worlds. They’ve said nothing about dynamic backdrops and weather. Modders have changed the existing worlds, and even the Devs have fixed up areas (there was a random unfinished lot from testing in the Willow Creek area with the mansion waterfront lot in the backdrop they removed, they’ve also fixed glitched terrain throughout WC and OS).

And Pets is always the biggest because it’s a whole set of Animations. Seasons can still be the second biggest though.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    I'm glad it's in all the worlds, but I'd like the ability to set which world gets what type of weather. I just can't see OS getting blanketed with snow. Or the new adventure world either.....

I don't think that will be possible.In sims 3 ine world was one game file. Sims 4 one save file is mutple worlds connected

Why not? We could have season settings for each world. When a sim travels across worlds it'll just load up the active season for that world.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

There's always a way.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

The connected neighborhoods in The Sims 4 is not any different than the sub-neighborhoods from The Sims or The Sims 2, the latter of which had universal weather. Universal weather in The Sims 4 is probably little different in implementation than it was in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I read that they were having trouble spreading it out over all the worlds and weren't going to do Seasons until they could find out a workaround for it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I read that they were having trouble spreading it out over all the worlds and weren't going to do Seasons until they could find out a workaround for it.

Sounds interesting - do you have the source?
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member

In that case I truly hope they'll be able to figure it out, my heart will break if TS4 never gets seasons :cry:
    Is this something you read a long time ago or recently?
  • Options
    Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I'm so excited for seasons. Hopefully it will be more than just weather-types and clothes (all though I want that too), but also temperatures and of course moodlets or traits that have to do with different weather types. I feel like sad sims should be into rain etc. So many opportunities here!
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

The connected neighborhoods in The Sims 4 is not any different than the sub-neighborhoods from The Sims or The Sims 2, the latter of which had universal weather. Universal weather in The Sims 4 is probably little different in implementation than it was in The Sims 2.

The weather or seasons in TS2 is not universal, it's per lot. In the neighborhood view you can set the type of season but inside each lot but it doesn't cross loading screens into a different lot, it's whatever weather the lot is set to have. So, it could be snowing next door and spring on a different lot, sometimes when Sims show up on a community lot they may be wrongly dressed in coat or without. It has to be more complicated for TS4 in that way, because we had open spaces in TS4, instead of just closed lots like TS2. As you can see how complicated it got in TS2 (easier in TS3 since it's all open world and universal) from lot to lot.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Seasons is the only expansion pack I have waited for and a long time now. They keep bringing out other things instead. I feel unloved and unwanted like a red headed Scottish stepchild , lol. That idea that someone had about a north and south pole sounded interesting but doubt these developers can do that, it would be a lot of work. I will just be happy to get seasons finally so that I can put some of those wintry clothes I keep getting to use lol
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

The weather or seasons in TS2 is not universal, it's per lot.
    Which makes it universal -- ie it functions on every lot in every sub-neighborhood in your game. And without The Sims 2's 'dimensional time' it will likely function in coordinated fashion -- ie it will be spring in both the San Myshuno spice district and Oakenstead in Willow Creek simultaneously without having to manually set the season for each seperate lot. That's the matter of import.
  • Options
    Yeah, I can see it working similarly to Sims 2, except the current season will be applied to the entire world instead of per lot. We can have 4 seasonal quarters, and each world has its own season for each quarter. So if it's quarter 1, it could be winter in Willow Creek and summer in Oasis Springs, and it'll reflect when you visit each world. Something like that.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see it working similarly to Sims 2, except the current season will be applied to the entire world instead of per lot. We can have 4 seasonal quarters, and each world has its own season for each quarter. So if it's quarter 1, it could be winter in Willow Creek and summer in Oasis Springs, and it'll reflect when you visit each world. Something like that.

That makes the most sense. Someone else pointed out that seasons would change on different lots in sims 2.

Yeah, so did the time of day, and it doesn't do that in sims 4.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

That makes the most sense. Someone else pointed out that seasons would change on different lots in sims 2.

I'd imagine that it would be theoretically possible to have those seasons customized as well. So every season lasts, say, 28 days. You can then determine the order of seasons as per previous titles. You can go Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. You can go Spring, Spring, Winter, Summer. You can have year-round Winter.

Maybe you'd even be able to specify by neighborhood. Brindleton Bay has (1) Spring (2) Summer (3) Autumn (4) Winter, but for Oasis Springs you input (1) Summer (2) Summer (3) Summer (4) Spring. Time then moves through all the worlds and while season 3 gives you autumnal weather in Brindleton Bay you're still getting hot conditions in the desert.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Would be interesting of they make a North and a South for TS4 then while at north worlds is summer, at south worlds be winter

I don't think they need to go to that point; we've got enough variation as it is. For example, when it's snowing in Windenburg or Brindleton Bay, it might be raining in Oasis Springs or fog in Willow Creek. Or you get short or powerful storms in Oasis springs, while Newcrest might get longer but steadier showers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Didn't see anyone make a thread on this all day, I thought someone for sure would have by now.

Quote by Simgurumegs

"We've gotten this question before and no, we would never confine seasons to a single world."

Source:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims-4-guru-confirms-seasons-not-confined-one-world/

Note, she said they wouldn't confine it to one world. Well, o.k. how about three vacation destinations? Just sayin' it out loud.

3 Vacation destinations is not a single world. That's 3 worlds. And that's not what she's saying. She's referring to previous answers that clearly state Seasons would be for all worlds, and not confined to specific worlds.

Let the rumor die already. These same rumors came around with TS3 too. They obviously design the game engines with the two biggest packs in mind (Seasons & Pets).

What rumors? I haven't heard any. I'm just going by past remarks about the engine though we do get the occasional comment they wouldn't do it (confine it) to new worlds only. And since they said Pets/Cats and Dogs was their biggest EP to get out of the way....it does make me wonder if that is true, how easy or hard is seasons? Just speculating.

I think they'd rather just skip Seasons altogether rather than limit it to only certain worlds (such as destination worlds). And many of the comments about the game engine were from early in the game, when the developers were still exploring the limits and what can be done within those limits. Just compare the upcoming Jungle Adventure GP to the first GP, Outdoor Retreat. You can definitely tell that they've got a greater mastery of the game engine now than they did back in the early days of Sims 4.
  • Options
    I would like the ability to set climates for each world though. If i see snow in Oasis Springs im going to be cheesed. I would love it in most of the other worlds though (especially Granite Falls vacation world). Id prefer not to have to mess with my settings constantly to toggle it on and off whenever i go anywhere haha

What if they're preset? There is snow in the desert depending on elevation but it could be a light dusting or more like a hard freeze, while Windenburg gets the heavy stuff.
  • Options
    SpecterSpecter Posts: 1 New Member
    Hopefully it's the next confirmed expansion, we just have to cross fingers and wait!
  • Options

That doesn't really make sense at all to me -- rather I think that it'll be the same season across the worlds but the weather will be different. As I said elsewhere, if it's snowing in Winter in Windenburg and Sims travel to Oasis Springs, it'll still be Winter but it will be raining instead. Those would be the two most extreme examples of weather/climate differences, but there could be other variances like heavy snow in Windenburg and lighter snow in Brindleton Bay, or light rain in Newcrest v. heavier rain in Willow Creek.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Loanet wrote: »

Sounds interesting - do you have the source?

It’s just rumours. No one knows what’s going on with Seasons except the developers.
    @LiesSim wrote: »

In that case I truly hope they'll be able to figure it out, my heart will break if TS4 never gets seasons :cry:
    Is this something you read a long time ago or recently?

It’s fake rumours. No one would be able to know this.
  • Options

That doesn't really make sense at all to me -- rather I think that it'll be the same season across the worlds but the weather will be different. As I said elsewhere, if it's snowing in Winter in Windenburg and Sims travel to Oasis Springs, it'll still be Winter but it will be raining instead. Those would be the two most extreme examples of weather/climate differences, but there could be other variances like heavy snow in Windenburg and lighter snow in Brindleton Bay, or light rain in Newcrest v. heavier rain in Willow Creek.

On one hand, it's strange that the season would change while sims are traveling, but on the other hand, even in Sims 2 that happened when you move across sub-neighborhoods. It could be snowing in the shopping district while it's fall downtown. I'd like to be able to set the seasons for each world in Sims 4 too.

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2018

I'd imagine that it would be theoretically possible to have those seasons customized as well. So every season lasts, say, 28 days. You can then determine the order of seasons as per previous titles. You can go Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. You can go Spring, Spring, Winter, Summer. You can have year-round Winter.

Maybe you'd even be able to specify by neighborhood. Brindleton Bay has (1) Spring (2) Summer (3) Autumn (4) Winter, but for Oasis Springs you input (1) Summer (2) Summer (3) Summer (4) Spring. Time then moves through all the worlds and while season 3 gives you autumnal weather in Brindleton Bay you're still getting hot conditions in the desert.

If they can’t implement toggles for various Sim states (Aliens, Vampires, etc), then how are they supposed to implement seasonal controls on a world by world basis? They’ve said they wouldn’t do seasons without seasons in every world, that doesn’t mean they are going to give us options for custom seasonal cycles, seasonal duration, etc.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I would like the ability to set climates for each world though. If i see snow in Oasis Springs im going to be cheesed. I would love it in most of the other worlds though (especially Granite Falls vacation world). Id prefer not to have to mess with my settings constantly to toggle it on and off whenever i go anywhere haha

What if they're preset? There is snow in the desert depending on elevation but it could be a light dusting or more like a hard freeze, while Windenburg gets the heavy stuff.

Wouldnt mind that either but id also like to be able to tweak things with sliders or something in the options
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,005 Member

Funny you say that, I lived in an upper desert with Joshua trees that looked similar to OA except without the rivers...and it froze in the winter.... we rarely got rain but once in a great while we did. I remember it snowing once.... the desert looks beautiful blanketed in snow! I agree about being able to set what type of weather we want.