Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons wouldn't be confined to one world (Confirmed, NOT speculation)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I was thinking... The sun goes down at different times during the day in different worlds (it can be dark in Forgotten Hollow while the sun is out in other worlds) and that affects the Sims and interactions (whether vampires burn up and whether sims can cloud or stargaze with the OR pack are the first that comes to mind), so why couldn't the weather be different across worlds in a way that affects the Sims and interactions?
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see it working similarly to Sims 2, except the current season will be applied to the entire world instead of per lot. We can have 4 seasonal quarters, and each world has its own season for each quarter. So if it's quarter 1, it could be winter in Willow Creek and summer in Oasis Springs, and it'll reflect when you visit each world. Something like that.

That makes the most sense. Someone else pointed out that seasons would change on different lots in sims 2.

Yeah, so did the time of day, and it doesn't do that in sims 4.
    I'd imagine that it would be theoretically possible to have those seasons customized as well. So every season lasts, say, 28 days. You can then determine the order of seasons as per previous titles. You can go Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. You can go Spring, Spring, Winter, Summer. You can have year-round Winter.

Maybe you'd even be able to specify by neighborhood. Brindleton Bay has (1) Spring (2) Summer (3) Autumn (4) Winter, but for Oasis Springs you input (1) Summer (2) Summer (3) Summer (4) Spring. Time then moves through all the worlds and while season 3 gives you autumnal weather in Brindleton Bay you're still getting hot conditions in the desert.

If they can’t implement toggles for various Sim states (Aliens, Vampires, etc), then how are they supposed to implement seasonal controls on a world by world basis? They’ve said they wouldn’t do seasons without seasons in every world, that doesn’t mean they are going to give us options for custom seasonal cycles, seasonal duration, etc.
    The framework is already in the game. Wednesday is ghost night from 6-11 at every bar in the Sims 4 world. Not lounges, not nightclubs, not museums. Just bars. If a global schedule is able to differentiate by lot getting it to differentiate by neighborhood should certainly be possible.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah, I can see it working similarly to Sims 2, except the current season will be applied to the entire world instead of per lot. We can have 4 seasonal quarters, and each world has its own season for each quarter. So if it's quarter 1, it could be winter in Willow Creek and summer in Oasis Springs, and it'll reflect when you visit each world. Something like that.

That makes the most sense. Someone else pointed out that seasons would change on different lots in sims 2.

I'd imagine that it would be theoretically possible to have those seasons customized as well. So every season lasts, say, 28 days. You can then determine the order of seasons as per previous titles. You can go Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. You can go Spring, Spring, Winter, Summer. You can have year-round Winter.

Maybe you'd even be able to specify by neighborhood. Brindleton Bay has (1) Spring (2) Summer (3) Autumn (4) Winter, but for Oasis Springs you input (1) Summer (2) Summer (3) Summer (4) Spring. Time then moves through all the worlds and while season 3 gives you autumnal weather in Brindleton Bay you're still getting hot conditions in the desert.

If they can’t implement toggles for various Sim states (Aliens, Vampires, etc), then how are they supposed to implement seasonal controls on a world by world basis? They’ve said they wouldn’t do seasons without seasons in every world, that doesn’t mean they are going to give us options for custom seasonal cycles, seasonal duration, etc.

Or worse, more rumors..it could be lot traits for the type of weather on particular lots. I don't know if that would be a good or bad idea. Some people might like weather as lot traits.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2018

The framework is already in the game. Wednesday is ghost night from 6-11 at every bar in the Sims 4 world. Not lounges, not nightclubs, not museums. Just bars. If a global schedule is able to differentiate by lot getting it to differentiate by neighborhood should certainly be possible.

Again that is preset. All bar nights are preset to specific times on specific days. You can’t go in the game and change that in any way, so no the framework isn’t there for that. Dynamic environment props are hard coded to a schedule as well, the festival schedule in CL cannot be changed. There are no options for these things because they are hard coded, I’m not talking about global weather, I am talking about events and how they are hard coded to a specific schedule that cannot be changed. So the option to, say, change the seasonal cycle from: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring; to: Winter, Winter, Fall, Summer, is more than likely not something that will be a thing in this game.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Or worse, more rumors..it could be lot traits for the type of weather on particular lots. I don't know if that would be a good or bad idea. Some people might like weather as lot traits.

Omg! This is literally the worst idea ever!
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited February 2018
    graventhe wrote: »

Omg! This is literally the worst idea ever!

Don't worry, this rumour was just mentioned with the intent to scaremonger other simmers, I would take this rumour with a very heavy handful of salt...
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    I would like the ability to set climates for each world though. If i see snow in Oasis Springs im going to be cheesed. I would love it in most of the other worlds though (especially Granite Falls vacation world). Id prefer not to have to mess with my settings constantly to toggle it on and off whenever i go anywhere haha

Having lived in Utah before I can assure you it does snow in desert like areas. It would not however snow in tropical ones like a jungle.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited February 2018
    I was thinking... The sun goes down at different times during the day in different worlds (it can be dark in Forgotten Hollow while the sun is out in other worlds) and that affects the Sims and interactions (whether vampires burn up and whether sims can cloud or stargaze with the OR pack are the first that comes to mind), so why couldn't the weather be different across worlds in a way that affects the Sims and interactions?

I guess we could apply to weather the same logic daytime is bounded. The external source of climate changing the lot and the surroundings differently between neighborhoods being not only the light now but also water drops and all the rest.

I fail to see restrictions on weather customization for each "world". It seems that only the time frame in the week must remain equal everywhere.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    At this point I really wouldn't mind a separate world with its own winter weather. It always feels like spring in Willow Creek, summer in Oasis Springs, and fall in Windenburg; however, I'm totally down for seasons everywhere. I just know it's going to bog down the game much as it has in every other Sims series.
  • Options
    If seasons loaded different weather/season in every world then get prepared for longer loading screens when traveling bcus the world will have to render the different weather and/or season and apply it to the current neighborhood terrain you're traveling to
  • Options
    simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    If seasons loaded different weather/season in every world then get prepared for longer loading screens when traveling bcus the world will have to render the different weather and/or season and apply it to the current neighborhood terrain you're traveling to

What I said was the other world's already appear to be in different seasons. Not that the neighborhoods seasons should operate separately.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

my_body_is_ready.png
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

What I said was the other world's already appear to be in different seasons. Not that the neighborhoods seasons should operate separately.

I meant when you're traveling from a neighborhood to another neighborhood in different world, for Ex, from a neighborhood in Oasis spring to a neighborhood in forgetton hollow..what will happen ?
    The louding screens will have to render the new season or weather that's in the new world and apply it to the world terrain
    But neighborhoods in each world should have the same seasons but perhaps not the same weather?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Didn't see anyone make a thread on this all day, I thought someone for sure would have by now.

Quote by Simgurumegs

"We've gotten this question before and no, we would never confine seasons to a single world."

Source:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims-4-guru-confirms-seasons-not-confined-one-world/

I just wanted to point out why did marketing requests votes about a sunny vacation (weather related) in it's survey and one for a snowy destination if they have no plans at all to break up the seasons? Just wondering why those were even in the survey if it's not something they would do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Didn't see anyone make a thread on this all day, I thought someone for sure would have by now.

Quote by Simgurumegs

"We've gotten this question before and no, we would never confine seasons to a single world."

Source:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims-4-guru-confirms-seasons-not-confined-one-world/

I just wanted to point out why did marketing requests votes about a sunny vacation (weather related) in it's survey and one for a snowy destination if they have no plans at all to break up the seasons? Just wondering why those were even in the survey if it's not something they would do.

Just assessing all of their options, I guess.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    While I'm happy about this I hope there's an option to turn off certain seasons in a world. Oasis Springs shouldn't rain much or snow, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Slug7447Slug7447 Posts: 70 Member
    Cool i will buy this when its on sale tho BUT HOW COOL i wish they can add stuff for dogs and cats in new gp and sp and ep but its only for the people with cats and dogs oh and they would need to make winter clothes for toddlers kids and teen elder and they can have cute crafts and beanies maybe a new world too i would be happy if rain was a free update if they release seasons so people with base game can have a season or something