Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have high expectations for TS5?

Comments

• Options
    ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    no, they're just going to get worse. more bro and hipster culture, for those with below average grey matter capacity (I hope the forum doesn't censor that, it does just about everything else) as well as really inconvenient DRM, microtransactions, telemetry, and other half witted, thick headed, simple minded, unthinking, dim, useless, impractical, dysfunctional, worthless, foolish, laughable, naive, senseless, obtuse features.
  • Options
    ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    I'll be surprised if I don't get banned because the Sims developers are apparently unable to handle feedback, they call it "bullying", but the real problem is they don't want to change their lazy entitled attitude.
  • Options
    VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hmm..if only TS5 would have the open world of TS3, personality of TS2, and cas of TS4....it'd be one great game IMO.

*edit oops forgot to say I don't have any expectations. Right now I'm just trying to rekindle the flame for TS4 haha. XD
    tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Honestly, unless EA ends up learning their mistakes by the time they decide to make Sims 5 (assuming it will indeed come out), the best thing to happen is for The Sims to experience a similar fate as games like Roller Coaster Tycoon and SimCity did... COMPETITION!

In 2013, we all saw the SimCity franchise basically die. Compared to previous titles in the series, the 2013 version was just awful... which made fans leave in droves. Then, in 2015, a new game came out... Cities Skylines. That game basically took all the fans of SimCity who fled. Now, EA and Maxis finally have competition in city building. I don't think we'll see another SimCity ever again because of that.

In 2016, we saw a very similar thing happen to Roller Coaster Tycoon (yes, I know they aren't the same company, but the point still stands)... Their most recent installment, Roller Coaster Tycoon World, ended up being a huge broken mess. It was never fixed either... as a result, many old time fans of Roller Coaster Tycoon ended up flocking to Planet Coaster (myself included). And, just like SimCity, I don't think another RCT game will be released again... and if there is another one, it best be a MASSIVE improvement from RCTW.

This needs to happen to The Sims franchise. Another gaming company needs to seriously consider developing a 'Life Simulation' game that has potential and capability of overtaking The Sims. That would scare the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of EA and Maxis! The Sims is pretty much one of their biggest cash cows... if The Sims goes, then that's basically the death of EA/Maxis. Yes, I know there are EA Sports game and stuff... but The Sims is different because it's a game for casual gamers. Of all gaming series I've seen, The Sims fan base has got to be the MOST loyal! We've been putting up with their cash milking for nearly two decades ever since this game has been released back in the 2000's. At first, it wasn't so bad... but then it became way too much after awhile... especially since it seems like they're more interested in making each new installment with less content and features than the last.

EA/Maxis seem to have a misconception that fans of The Sims will always be in their palms no matter what... however, that's simply not true. The fact that many fans of this franchise have already left due to Sims 4 alone speaks volumes. It certainly wasn't enough to stop the game as a whole, but it was a decent amount (hence why Sims 4 isn't performing nearly as well as previous games)... but yeah... the only thing keeping us buying their game is because there is no real competition out there for life simulation games... I mean, there are some games out there, but none of them have come even close to the appeal of The Sims.

Basically, EA/Maxis need to be extremely cautious... because if there ever is a day when a brand new life simulator comes out AND is better than The Sims, they better think of how to release the greatest Sims game of all time... if not, then EA will go "bye, bye". They best start cleaning up their act and actually begin giving fans what we actually want in a Sims game... because their doom might very well be around the corner. You never know.

Don't get me wrong... The Sims 4 has definitely improved since it was released back in 2014... that doesn't, however, excuse the fact that it took so long to do so. It also doesn't make up for the fact that it removed a lot of key features from previous games that fans loved A LOT! It's certainly not the worst game ever, but it still is broken in many ways. If there is a Sims 5, then they better make sure it's the best Sims game of all time... if not, then I hope real competition comes in and forces The Sims to experience the same fate as the games I mentioned above. EA needs to start understanding that milking their cash cow games to the maximum isn't how you appeal to fans... it's actually how you make us angry.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't have high expectations. I have learnt to never expect anything from a company, except to do what is profitable. Otherwise I just get disappointment.
    Honestly I am sick of how the sims franchise has been going. I will look into the sims 5, if it looks good I'll wait for it to finish and buy it, if it looks meh, I'll get the rest of ts4 (unless it doesn't improve for me before it ends). If they don't make a sims five, I don't even care.
    ts3 was going to be my final game then it broke, I might just get a better gaming rig at some point though and try to reset ts3 up.

I'm pretty much finished with this system of paying for the same rehashed content, down graded, as the company keeps seeing just how little they can sell us. (That's my opinions at least of this franchise, I know many don't share this view).

Until I have made my mind up on which sims is the best to settle on I'm here to provide feedback and keep track of whats new in the community, while trying to determine where my money will get the most for me personally.

Edit: The last two posts above this I 100% completely agree with.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited October 2017
    EA internal process :

- Acquire popular franchises (The Sims, Mass Effect, ...)
    - Use the name for easy money
    - Close the studio

- Acquire or Copy new popular franchises (Activision's Destiny clone named Anthem)

Origin (Ultima, Wing Commander) - Purchased by EA in 1992; shut down in 2004.
    12 years in EA

Bullfrog (Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper) - Purchased by EA in 1995; shut down in 2001.
    6 years in EA

Westwood (Command & Conquer) - Purchased by EA in 1998; shut down in 2003.
    5 years in EA

DreamWorks Interactive/Danger Close/EA Los Angeles (Medal of Honour) - Purchased by EA in 2000; shut down in 2013.
    13 years in EA

Black Box Games (Need for Speed, Skate) - Purchased by EA in 2002; shut down in 2013.
    11 years in EA

NuFX (NBA Street) - Purchased by EA in 2004; shut down in 2007.
    3 years in EA

Phenomic (SpellForce, BattleForge) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2013.
    7 years in EA

Mythic (Dark Age of Camelot) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2014.
    8 years in EA

Pandemic (The Saboteur) - Purchased by EA in 2008; shut down in 2009.
    1 year in EA

PlayFish (The Sims Social) - Purchased by EA in 2009; shut down in 2013.
    4 years in EA

Maxis Emeryville (SimCity) - Purchased by EA in 1997; shut down in 2015. 18 years in EA
    • The Sims Studio (Maxis Redwood) created by EA in 2006 (11 years ago)
    • Maxis Salt Lake created by EA in 2011; shut down in 2014. 3 years in EA

BioWare Edmonton Purchased by EA in 2007 (10 years ago)
    • BioWare Austin created by EA in 2008 (9 years ago)
    • BioWare Montreal created by EA in 2009; shut down in 2017. 8 years in EA
    EA internal process :

- Acquire popular franchises (The Sims, Mass Effect, ...)
    - Use the name for easy money
    - Close the studio

- Acquire or Copy new popular franchises (Activision's Destiny clone named Anthem)

Origin (Ultima, Wing Commander) - Purchased by EA in 1992; shut down in 2004.
    12 years in EA

Bullfrog (Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper) - Purchased by EA in 1995; shut down in 2001.
    6 years in EA

Westwood (Command & Conquer) - Purchased by EA in 1998; shut down in 2003.
    5 years in EA

DreamWorks Interactive/Danger Close/EA Los Angeles (Medal of Honour) - Purchased by EA in 2000; shut down in 2013.
    13 years in EA

Black Box Games (Need for Speed, Skate) - Purchased by EA in 2002; shut down in 2013.
    11 years in EA

NuFX (NBA Street) - Purchased by EA in 2004; shut down in 2007.
    3 years in EA

Phenomic (SpellForce, BattleForge) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2013.
    7 years in EA

Mythic (Dark Age of Camelot) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2014.
    8 years in EA

Pandemic (The Saboteur) - Purchased by EA in 2008; shut down in 2009.
    1 year in EA

PlayFish (The Sims Social) - Purchased by EA in 2009; shut down in 2013.
    4 years in EA

Maxis Emeryville (SimCity) - Purchased by EA in 1997; shut down in 2015. 18 years in EA
    • The Sims Studio (Maxis Redwood) created by EA in 2006 (11 years ago)
    • Maxis Salt Lake created by EA in 2011; shut down in 2014. 3 years in EA

BioWare Edmonton Purchased by EA in 2007 (10 years ago)
    • BioWare Austin created by EA in 2008 (9 years ago)
    • BioWare Montreal created by EA in 2009; shut down in 2017. 8 years in EA

I saw this and posted on here and they moved it to off topic chat but i think it shows that ea is doing exactly what you posted here. https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2017/10/20/the-deanbeat-what-viscerals-closing-means-for-video-games/amp/#ampshare=https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/20/the-deanbeat-what-viscerals-closing-means-for-video-games/
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Sorry double post
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2017
    @jimmysnan OMG !!!

Visceral (Dead Space) - Created by EA in 1998; shut down in 2017.
    19 years in EA

The end of The Sims Studio may be planned soon :( .
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    @jimmysnan OMG !!!

Visceral (Dead Space) - Created by EA in 1998; shut down in 2017.
    19 years in EA

The end of The Sims Studios may be planned soon :( .

I hope not
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't have high expectations cos it's likely not gonna happen.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    No point in having any hopes for a game that doesn't even have an announcement. And even then, until I actually see something of the game itself, there's still no point in having any hopes in it.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The way the computer industry is going I don't think there will be enough people with PCs to handle this type of game. The trend seems to be going with small lightweight machines that are easy to carry around and the gaming machines I have seen this week have been enormously expensive for the age group that EA are aiming at unless they are gaming addicts or have family that are wealthy enough to afford both.

It might take years for prices of suitable machines to go down and that seems (just my opinion though) to be the reason why EA are continuing on the x box route. That X box x coming out in November could probably cope easily with a Sims 5 with VR and cheaper to buy as well.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i would wait for s5 to be official to have an opinion, but as for now, we don't even know if it will exist.
    i don't have expectations for a non-existent game.
    But as i enjoy sims quite a lot, if it were to exist, i'd probably be excited. Unless they manage to do something so bad they ruin it for me. But i know people here who have much higher standard than me, so i'm not too worried about a game not meeting my standard.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    edited October 2017
    filipomel wrote: »
    Since we’re dreaming, I’d like the following to be a part of the base game for the Sims 5
    - Seasons
    - Active careers (or at least somewhat interactive careers like the careers in city living)
    - The parenting system from parenthood (with the character values, phases, mood swings, etc.)
    - Pets
    - More gallery options (the ability to save, upload and download outfits)
    - A semi open world (kind of like the worlds we have now but no loading screens between lots, I really wouldn’t mind loading screens between neighbourhoods)
    - A create a style tool in the format of create a sim (a tool on its own the way create a sim/create a pet are, the layers of the objects are shown, recolour the objects, add various textures, etc. And save as a colour swatch. So it wouldn’t be a live in game tool, but I honestly think it would work better)
    - All life stages fleshed out to their fullest

All this alongside the base game content we’ve come to expect from a base game, so yes that’s including pools, Toddlers, basements, etc.

By having all this content in the base game I’d believe to be extremely beneficial for the developers, that way they can expand on what used to be EP content with future packs. Basically with each new pack they can expand how a season behaves and interacts with new content, or add new pet clothing with the packs, as of now that’s impossible since they don’t make packs for packs.

LOL you just want everything to be free! If they do include this all in one game it's going to be like 100 dollars! They have to make money somehow. I'd rather pay twenty bucks every two months than have to pay a lot upfront. However I do like the idea of having pets in base game so we get more pet clothes!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I would loathe an online always game. If they want to do microtransactions, I would much rather have a Sims Store back!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    High hopes, low expectations.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    A Sims 5 made by this dev team as it is currently? The ones that have been producing TS4 train wreck? No thanks. I can only imagine how much more shallow and money-grabbing that would be.
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    It's not the developers that's the issue it's ea. If maxis could get out from under their thumb this game would be a lot better. @mortia
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's not the developers that's the issue it's ea. If maxis could get out from under their thumb this game would be a lot better. @mortia

I don't buy for a second that big, bad EA is the only one to blame for what this game is, they're a distributor. The horrible online push? The marketing? The scheduling? Sure, those are all terrible and that's all them. But the creative decisions? That's the devs. I highly doubt that top execs of EA are sitting around discussing the benefits of including talking toilets vs buildable apartments.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think some content (e.g. Generations,Seasons) should be added to the base game as it's an integral part of real life, unlike most other stuff (including Pets - you could spend your whole life without having any).

btw, It took me 3 years but now I'm fairly sure I won't buy TS4. Reason: All the things I'd like to do are already done on yt. I might even give up playing games myself completely.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I would loathe an online always game. If they want to do microtransactions, I would much rather have a Sims Store back!

Me too i would be so done.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, none at all. I expect it will be an app on a phone...wait they already tried that with Sims Social, Sims Free to Play and The Sims Mobile...three strikes and you are out. Or maybe everyone gets a ribbon for participation. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have no expectations for the Sims 5. I will be surprised if we get one.