Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Ideas for the pack name?

Comments

• Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    @Simalleyaile I suggested that earlier as well. It's funny, I never realized that I subconsciously add a mudroom to all my builds until now.

I have one kind of laudryish room in a basement, but now that this stuff pack is coming out, I like the idea of adding a room to the edge of some of the houses (that have the space for it) that connects outside to inside. Especially if we get a clothesline. I have both rustic style homes and modern style homes, so I'll use some of that deco all over some houses - and outside too, and not at all in others. And I'll use washing machines in modern style homes, but not my rustic ones. At the end of the day, I think most of us who enjoy building and decorating and playing always end up mix and matching content from all packs, so it matters less to me what the pack is called, and more about how I can incorporate it in my existing saved game. Still, it's fun, and great that Graham is letting us make suggestions for the name.

Very true (about that name thing.) In regards to a mudroom, they're dang adorable when done right in Sims. I'm happy there's going to be a wider selection of appropriate furniture for those types of rooms, 'cause the Get Together couches and a few cc chairs can only do so much. I normally include these rooms as sort of lounge rooms with coats, shoes, and possibly a basement door, but with the addition of laundry (which most likely will entertain me when I build,) I'll definitely add some sort of half-wall in a corner of the mudroom where there are cabinets and washing machines/driers. It'll be so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cute.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    whateveridkwhateveridk Posts: 1 New Member
    They may as well call it 'rustic laundry fun time stuff' because at this point it has nothing to do with eco-friendly living.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The NOT Eco friendly pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Tedious Housework Stuff
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    "Suds 'n Duds?"
    "Free Wool On?"
    Whatever it is, they'll make sure it's graham-atically correct!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    "Suds 'n Duds?"
    "Free Wool On?"

It doesn't have to be this way. Just put the pun down.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I like simple names like "Vampire" in the Vampire GP. So I would suggest "Laundry" or "Winter Garden".
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Major Disappointment Stuff? Just kidding. But maybe...
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Illusion of Choice Stuff Pack
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I was going to say Disappointment Stuff, but you guys beat me to it.

So my serious suggestions would be: "Sun Room Stuff" or simply "Laundry Room Stuff."
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    "Suds 'n Duds?"
    "Free Wool On?"

It doesn't have to be this way. Just put the pun down.

I know some people don't cotton to puns, but I'm just trying to rock the humor, Gingham style. Sorry to rayon your parade.
    Personally I'm not going to buy this pack at full price. I'm gonna wait till they have...

...a clothes-out sale.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Tradgic chore drudgery
    It describes the theme perfecrly.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Of the suggestions I've seen here, I like Sunroom Stuff and Washroom Stuff. Never heard of a mudroom. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Eco gone wrong
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    What is the mud room in a house?
    Many suburban American houses have a mud room, a casual, generally secondary entryway intended as an area to remove and store footwear, outerwear, and wet clothing before entering the main house. As well as providing storage space, a mud room serves to increase the cleanliness of a house proper. It is often built off the kitchen - and entry way is a back or side door of a house.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-7-elements-of-a-perfect-mudroom-193486

The 7 Elements of a Perfect Mudroom

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    What is the mud room in a house?
    Many suburban American houses have a mud room, a casual, generally secondary entryway intended as an area to remove and store footwear, outerwear, and wet clothing before entering the main house. As well as providing storage space, a mud room serves to increase the cleanliness of a house proper.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-7-elements-of-a-perfect-mudroom-193486

The 7 Elements of a Perfect Mudroom

Mud rooms are so ugly. They look like they want to be sun rooms but couldn't quite cut it. Like the crackhead brother of sun rooms.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I like mud rooms. I think they're cozy.

@somethingstellar you did give me an idea, though.
  • Options
    In Michigan we called the mudroom "the landing." It's where you took your muddy/wet/snow covered boots off and hung up your coat.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    @TheLibrarySim I'm from Michigan and we've always called it the mud room. The landing in our house has always been a slightly elevated part of the house between the first and second story. I've actually never heard anyone call it a landing. Actually, I've never really heard anyone else call it anything. It tends to just be grouped in with the hallways, lmao.
  • Options
    It might be a family thing? I dunno. The adults always told us to "take your boots off in the landing."
    Not to get too off topic, but do you call a sweetened carbonated beverage "pop?"
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    @TheLibrarySim It's probably a family thing. My parents always told us to "throw our shoes in the mudroom," and all that jazz. During the winter, the room was always packed with snow gear. Our landing was and still is just a small 'floor' cutting through the stairs where we throw junk, lol.
    And to answer your question, yes, we do. I don't think I've ever heard anyone raised in Michigan call it soda.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    ^^^ Ooh, it'd be good to have a 'SHOES OFF!' lot trait! So Sims remove shoes when entering a building. It'd be good for lots of different scenarios.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Mudroom is an Architectural term in building homes -

http://www.privatecommunities.com/second-home-buying/glossary/architectural-design-terms.htm

Architectural Design Terms

Mudroom - This area is generally located next to the kitchen and often provides access to the outdoors or the garage. In this regard, the mudroom is built to act as a barrier between the indoors and outdoors, particularly in wet, and often muddy, northern locales. As the name implies, it is the place where one leaves their muddy shoes and wet clothing and is a useful design addition as it helps to keep the house clean. The mudroom constitutes a clear boundary between indoors and out, and can be useful as a staging area for animals and other exuberant members of the household, as well as for storage. The mudroom entry is not the primary entrance to the home as they tend to be informal and are typically located on the side or back of the home. The mudroom often does double-duty as the laundry room, which may include a deep sink/washtub in addition to the washer and dryer.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Get Washing!
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    "Laundry is the new ECO" stuff pack