Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    I voted Off the Grid too. I think it might win since I'm seeing a lot of you guys agreeing with me.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Off the grid all the way
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    I can not understand how people prefer a repeat experience, which in the case is laundry, than a new experience never done in The Sims before.

Maybe cuz they liked the experience?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    where do you vote?

The link is in this blog:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/vote-gameplay-features

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    My choice was Off the Grid, all though the four to choose from where each great on their own. Off the Grid in my view is the most interesting and cohesive with Eco living.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I'll post what I said in another thread:

I thought I'd pick laundry at first. I like more food options too. Once I read about the canning and nectar options, I chose that. I loved nectar making (and I loved the mods for nectar) in TS3. I also enjoyed the canning station. I feel as if laundry could be added to a future GP or EP, like w/ Ambitions. I loved all of the options and hopefully we'll get everything in the future. Laundry will most likely win, and I'm happy with that too because I used it often when playing w/ my TS3 families.

I don't know about that. Off the grid seems to be doing pretty well. At least for those us who participate on these forums

@Orchid13 You, know when I posted earlier, I didn't see all the responses about off the grid, not just on this forum. I was pleasantly surprised! I liked that option too and I often played that way with some of my TS3 Sims.

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    What's good about nectar mkaing though?
    Like, not in a snarky way. I mean, yeah I'd love my sims enjoy nectar but whenever they drink anything in the game it just makes their bladder red and nothing else. I wish there was more to it.

In Sims 2 nectar gave all sorts of benefits. Certain mixes would make your Sims learn faster, fall in love, etc. And if you put a boot in the Juice Maker and drank it, your Sim would go crazy for a while.

I absolutely cannot remember Sims 2 nectar making. If we get those benefits then it would be cool.
    But I'm still hoping for off the grid. But I'll be fine with wwhichever wins cause I like the eco theme.

But don't you already get that with the bar, where different drinks can have effects on the sims mood?
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    The people who voted for off the grid and especially freegan cheated themselves out of gameplay. They're nearly all recycled base game animations and the only new content will be moodlets.

Not really, I voted for it, for the lot trait. Imagine a post apcalyptical game, or one set in the past, you can give all the lots that trait, and there'd be no electricity. So sims could live in a wasteland of what's left and have to use wells and turbines to get anything to work.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I voted for the canning/nectar making. I really like when our sims can produce new stuff, it also would pair well with Get to Work, I would open a store that sells wines nectars and jams.

@jotajeje

This is what I was thinking of when I read about it on the survey. I was telling someone on another forum that my TS3 made big profits from selling nectar at the consignment shop. Plus, I liked the mods that made the nectar into different "real world" drinks. Many of my Sims who were more on the eco-friendly side of things canned their harvestables, didn't use laundry machines, microwaves, etc. All of the options were pretty cool and I hope we get them all. :)
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I voted off the grid, but I really liked the food preserves and canning.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I ended up voting for off the grid, mostly because it could add a ton of interesting aspects to play styles like "rags to riches", or homeless sims, or runaway sims, or anti-government sims who wear tinfoil so the aliens and men in black can't find them, or alien sims trying to camp out on earth and figure out how to blend, or pro-environment sims, who super cheapskate sims, or....

Yeah you get the idea. Plus it seemed to fit the art style. When I looked at all the options there was something I liked in each category but this one gave me the most ideas for gameplay. I really wish laundry could be included too though, they would work well together.
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Welp... I want them all :cry:

I want a sim in an apartment going to the local laundry mat to clean their clothes.
    A sim who goes to a cabin to escape modern life and work the land a bit
    A sim who makes and sells jams and preserves in their shop

The other one... can't think of anything :lol:

a homeless sim eating out of trashcans ? ;-)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Welp... I want them all :cry:

I want a sim in an apartment going to the local laundry mat to clean their clothes.
    A sim who goes to a cabin to escape modern life and work the land a bit
    A sim who makes and sells jams and preserves in their shop

The other one... can't think of anything :lol:

a homeless sim eating out of trashcans ? ;-)

I wanted to say that but I was afraid I'd trigger someone :tongue:
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    I voted for laundry
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Food Preservation is what I voted for since it offers by far the most gameplay possibilities! <3 I wish we could have all categories since there were aspects of each category that I really liked! But even though Carbon Conscious and Off the Grid fit the Eco theme best, in the end I voted for what *I wanted* and not what sounds like fits the best with an eco pack. Recycling (Carbon Conscious) is important, but sounds so boring in terms of gameplay. :| I love it when our Sims actually MAKE stuff or transform stuff! That is how I love to play the game! Sims need to eat anyway, and most of my Sims have at least a small garden. Plus we can sell our preserves/nectar at venues or have clubs revolving around nectar and preserves (if we have the other corresponding Game/Stuff Packs!) Food Preservation also goes very well with the Cooking/Mixology aspiration and the Foodie, Snob, and Creative traits! :D
    Ideally, EA should put Laundry in a Bed & Bath pack, Off the Grid and Carbon Conscious in the Eco Pack, and Food Preservation in a Home Crafts Pack, but since I cant be sure EA will do all this, I had to play it safe and vote for what I REALLY wanted in the game! ;)
    Happy Simming!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    Food preserves
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I voted for food preserves. I loved nectar making back in TS3. I liked it when my rich Sims had a cellar full of expensive nectars.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I considered Off the grid, but ended up on Food preservation because nectar making! I hope one of those two win.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It was a tie for me between Food Preserves and Off the Grid, but in the end I chose Food Preserves.

I heard TS2 has canning, I never had the pack it was in though and I've only played TS2UC once since TS4 came out. I don't recall nectar making or laundry in TS2 either, maybe those are just features in TS3? I've never played TS3.

Anyway, whatever is chosen will be entirely new and fun for me is the point I'm trying to make so it's all good! :)
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    i choose the food one with the preserves and such, but off the grid would have been my second choice. Was a really tough choice to make because all the choices were so good. Laundry, while I want it in game would have been my last choice out of the things we could choose from, though, on the original list they shared, it would have been in my top ten. I just felt like the furniture and theme of the pack made more sense for something more rustic and farmy or even off the grid and eco conscious.
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Off the grid. A few of my friends irl voted that too, its such a cool concept.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    I voted for off the grid :smile:
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    The people who voted for off the grid and especially freegan cheated themselves out of gameplay. They're nearly all recycled base game animations and the only new content will be moodlets.

So? I think off the grid sounds really cool! Well water, solar power, no bills? Its the life I've wanted for a lot of my sims, but there really is no way to go about it. Living off the land, growing their own food sounds really really cool.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    keeping my fingers cross and hoping with all my heart that #laundry wins the vote so that washers and dryers finaly come to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(