Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Welp... I want them all :cry:

I want a sim in an apartment going to the local laundry mat to clean their clothes.
    A sim who goes to a cabin to escape modern life and work the land a bit
    A sim who makes and sells jams and preserves in their shop

The other one... can't think of anything :lol:
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited June 2017
    Terra wrote: »
    @DominicLaurence - I agree with you. Off the Grid adds the most new storytelling options and a new level of challenge. Even though I would love food processing as well, I think it fits so well with a farming/seasons theme and also just expands on stories I can already tell (gardening Sims) instead of opening up totally new storytelling possibilities. I would be happy if either one won, though, and wouldn't even mind laundry since it would come with non-machine options.

I was torn between them as well, it took me while realizing my vote. Our garden really can use some improvement in gameplay (which I think that anyway they heard us) but having the possibility of adding something so distinct for once got me. I wouldn't mind either but it would sadden me a bit placing this pack among the other ones which I use everything but the main feature haha
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I picked laundry, solely because I think the Eco-Pack won originally because people wanted laundry. If laundry doesn't win, I expect a big uproar. (Well, if laundry wins, I expect an uproar too...)

I want laundry, but the other options also sounded good, particularly the food preserving. To be honest, the food preserving looks like more interesting gameplay, but I would use laundry in nearly every household.

I always wonder what if the name of the theme were Laundry and eco-living were just a possible feature instead. Would it also be accused of misleading votes now? We would have picked the same items and clothes? How much were we influenced by the name. And if it was split would the people who voted for the eco features vote for laundry and would laundry win without the votes of people who wanted the eco pack? Digressions.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i picked off the grid. the jam thing was cute too tho..
    i hope laundry doesn't win because i know the possibility of laundry is the reason eco-living won and i'm a spiteful plum.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I've read all of them, but the only one who really interested me was the "Off the Grid".. All the others had at least one option that interested me, but I liked all about "Off the grid", and even before this vote I was already in love with the idea of something like that in my game. <3
    Its really great that we have the option to vote, and I want to tank again for let us vote.. Very very thanks for that, I'm loving participating in this creation with all other Simmers. :)
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    i just went to say if laundry wins this vote and his added the important thing is we should be grateful to the simgurus for being involed in the creation process
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    If laundry doesn't win guys same thing as above^^.
    This was a cool experience and I really appreciate being involved in this :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I can't wait for laundry or preserves to win! :heart:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,495 Member
    I chose "off the grid". It's probably the only one I would actually get any kind of gameplay with, personally. Definitely have no use for laundry, though the washtub and clothesline wouldn't be bad for my retro sims, but only cosmetically. And I feel like the game is already overly food-centric enough, so the canning and jam thing has zero appeal for me. That other one with recycling and dumpster diving was a definite no, so I went with the one that I might actually get something out of.

Of course, to be fair, I initially chose the dangerous pack, so I can't really say that I'm over the moon with the choices to begin with, haha. But the lot trait does hold some appeal. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    deekaydeekay Posts: 3 New Member
    I went with Off The Grid since it sounded the most interesting, but Food Preserves was a close second. I really don't get the enthusiasm for Laundry, TBH.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    I was torn between Off the grid and Food preserves, decided for Off the grid eventually.

Unlike in the very first vote, where there were two pack concepts that I absolutely did NOT want, in this one I'd be happy with any of the four themes.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Off the grid for me.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    SysomiSysomi Posts: 6 New Member
    I ended up picking Laundry but I really hope we get more than one of them. To be honest, they all looked -really- good my favorites being laundry and of grid. I liked the preserving option as something else to do with all the vegetables I tend to get. I really wish we could have all of them.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I thought hard and almost went with off the grid, but I know I'll personally use laundry in every single household I make forever, and I'll make only a few off grid sims. Also, many of the chosen objects have home and clothes cleaning themes, so I went with that as it fits the theme better.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I thought hard and almost went with off the grid, but I know I'll personally use laundry in every single household I make forever, and I'll make only a few off grid sims. Also, many of the chosen objects have home and clothes cleaning themes, so I went with that as it fits the theme better.

Did you use it in every household in Sims 3? The fascination with it went right out the door after the third day of having it in Sims 3. Green stink and obnoxious noise in my game is not fun - so now none of my sim 3 houses have laundry. Problem solved.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Did you use it in every household in Sims 3? The fascination with it went right out the door after the third day of having it in Sims 3. Green stink and obnoxious noise in my game is not fun - so now none of my sim 3 houses have laundry. Problem solved.

Yes, I used it in every single home, and bought all of the store washers and dryers too. I love it because it's so immersive to me, and laundry rooms were a big part of my builds.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    i also used the laundry option in the sims3 all the time i would even put a waher dryer set in lots i would build
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2017
    I voted for the canning/nectar making. I really like when our sims can produce new stuff, it also would pair well with Get to Work, I would open a store that sells wines nectars and jams.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I voted for the canning/nectar making. I really like when our sims can produce new stuff, it also would pair well with Get to Work, I would open a store that sells wines nectars and jams.

All the choices would be wonderful to have but I yeah, I ultimately went with canning/nectar making to sell in a shop too.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    edited June 2017
    Actually I skipped this one. Quite honestly they all sound so boring to me. Laundry wasn't even that fun in TS3. It's just not the sort of gameplay I'm interested in. I remember how people were so hyped to get dishwashers in the beginning and I was like really? Sorry for sounding like a Debbie Downer, but it is just how I feel.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    i just went to say if laundry wins this vote and his added the important thing is we should be grateful to the simgurus for being involed in the creation process

I just love your enthusiasm
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I can not understand how people prefer a repeat experience, which in the case is laundry, than a new experience never done in The Sims before.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Honestly, they all sound really good. I wish we could have them all.
  • Options
    Purple-InkPurple-Ink Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2017
    I chose Off the Grid! I was really happy to see the option. It was the only one of them that I'd ever been like "i wish I could do this" about before. I can see it being used a lot for story telling purposes and atmosphere.

If we were asked to rank them it would have been:
    1.Off the Grid
    2.Food Preserves
    3.Laundry
    4.Carbon Conscious.
    Post edited by Purple-Ink on
    PurpleLilies0220 on the Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    I voted for the preserving/nectar stuff. I always have gardener and foodie sims, and this is something that would make me purchase the pack for sure. Off the grid sounds interesting too, though. I might buy that version too.
    happily simming since 2000