Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Laundry being the last option in the survey to me is a subliminal message that it either doesn't belong OR they would prefer not to add it and hope that we choose another option.

Buuuuut I chose it anyway :)

The survey order is randomized. It's last for a quarter of people.

What makes you think the placement of the 4 groups in the survey is random?

Laundry came up first on mine.

That is interesting indeed...
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Late to the party. Did anyone take a screenshot of the possibilities? I know I'll be wavering while reading them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Laundry being the last option in the survey to me is a subliminal message that it either doesn't belong OR they would prefer not to add it and hope that we choose another option.

That is interesting indeed...

It was second on my screen.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

The order I had was:

Freegan
    Food Preservation
    Off the Grid
    Laundry

Freegan was good except for the eat out of the trash bin thing - no way, no how. I'd starve first. LOL. I played a homeless sim once in I believe it was Sims 2 and the dad of the family had the traits that made him more inclined to do that sort of thing - I used to gag every time he did. Nope, no way could I even see it in a game - never mind choose it - even though rest of the stuff in freegan was cool - that took it right off my own choices.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2017
    It came up second on mine.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    edited June 2017
    Honestly, I wanted all three of them but I chose laundry because that is what hooked me in to begin with. I'll be happy with any of the four! Hopefully what didn't make the vote this time will be added later in future packs.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Okay, I voted for Off the Grid! Of all the options, it is the most dramatic change from a storytelling POV, so that's what I went with in the end since that's how I play. :)
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I'll post what I said in another thread:

I thought I'd pick laundry at first. I like more food options too. Once I read about the canning and nectar options, I chose that. I loved nectar making (and I loved the mods for nectar) in TS3. I also enjoyed the canning station. I feel as if laundry could be added to a future GP or EP, like w/ Ambitions. I loved all of the options and hopefully we'll get everything in the future. Laundry will most likely win, and I'm happy with that too because I used it often when playing w/ my TS3 families.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    in my case for me voting for laundry was the righ choice the other choices would not of used the content because since day 1 of the sims4 i want the option to do laundry in game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I'll post what I said in another thread:

I thought I'd pick laundry at first. I like more food options too. Once I read about the canning and nectar options, I chose that. I loved nectar making (and I loved the mods for nectar) in TS3. I also enjoyed the canning station. I feel as if laundry could be added to a future GP or EP, like w/ Ambitions. I loved all of the options and hopefully we'll get everything in the future. Laundry will most likely win, and I'm happy with that too because I used it often when playing w/ my TS3 families.

I don't know about that. Off the grid seems to be doing pretty well. At least for those us who participate on these forums
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Another vote for Food Preserves here. Off the Grid sounded very interesting too.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm actually surprised so many voted for things other than laundry! It cheers me up because I wondered if some people were even going to read the other options and Keep an open mind. It looks like people really considered their choices for the most part, so that's great.

As I said originally too, I'll be pretty happy with whichever one wins as they all looked interesting
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I went with Off the Grid. It seemed to fit the best with everything we've seen so far. I like the idea of having to manage a well and solar panels, and I think it will fit well with a farming pack if we ever get one. But the only idea I didn't like was the freegan one.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    I voted for preserves, but I'd be just as happy with off the grid. Not sure I saw the point in the freegan one.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Food Preserves/Nectar making ect... I'm too big of an in game gardener not to vote for that :). I did like the off the grid option, I'd love parts of the Carbon Conscience one especially making fertilizer from scraps ect. I kind of wish we could have voted in order of want...
    I think Laundry will win as someone said somewhere in this thread the vote will be divided up more.. and the laundry brigade is pretty passionate :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    reannac2reannac2 Posts: 7 New Member
    Unfortunately, the groupings were a little too similar in my opinion. It won't make for a well rounded experience. I could've lived with an Off the grid lot trait, a washer & dryer, solar panels and something "Eco- Friendly" to really emulate that kind of lifestyle. I was looking forward to a fleshed out theme, and although laundry is popular it seems like it doesn't expand gameplay much so I'm curious to see what wins.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Off the grid, food preserves was a close second though.

I'll admit, I mostly picked of the grid for the potential of new gameplay ideas. Just imagine creating an entire post apocalyptical world, where none of the lots have electricity,and your sims have to struggle to get anything electronic to work.

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, I'm split between Off The Grid and Food Preserves. I like them both. Laundry is my third choice because I might get it as part of another type of pack but on its own, it's not that interesting to me. I don't have any interest in the Freegan trait lol. It'd be great if they could add a recycling bin if other themes win.

I'd love to be able to vote by ranking them. The random order on my ballot is Off The Grid, Food Preserves, Laundry and Carbon Conscious. By random order, I mean the way it's listed on the ballot, not my actual vote. It's a tough one though because I'd really want both Off The Grid and Food Preserves. I'd even be up for some laundry if it were included with those or in some other form.

Updating this: I voted for Off The Grid for this pack because it felt consistent with the theme. I'd love to see canning with some sort of farm or country concept which I hope to see, same for nectar-making and jams. The idea of creating survivalist cabins or cottages is intriguing. I could see a lot of this stuff that doesn't make it fitting with another concept as well.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    i will repeat what will you do if laundry turns out to be the big winner
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Go on with my life
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

I will do nothing. It's not that important... just a stuff pack which I don't have to buy and I won't buy if it doesn't interest me. I've now skipped 3 stuff packs and 1 game pack and I'm fine with that. And as I've said before, I'd be pretty ok with any of these options. Still hoping Off the Grid or the preserves/jam making wins, but I'm not gonna cry or something if laundry wins
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I found myself stuck between 'Off the grid' and 'Food Preserves'. I love them both but preserves is what i voted.
  • Options
    lovlyb wrote: »
    I found myself stuck between 'Off the grid' and 'Food Preserves'. I love them both but preserves is what i voted.

if you do not know what to chose then why not vote for laundry in the sims4?

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member

And what will you do?
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    It would have been better if we could rank the options instead of a first-past-the-post system.