Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Food preserves.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I WISH we could have had the choice to select them individually, but I decided on Laundry since it's one of my most requested element in the game. My second choice would have been Food Preserves. I honestly hoped we could have washer/dryers + a clothes line added as a free patch like the dishwasher. Then the rest of the pack could focus on actual Eco-friendly living. :(
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    food preserves
    21mbz47.jpg
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I went with food preserves. I struggled to choose cause I wanted all of the options lol
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I am having a hard time deciding. I was thinking the food preserves, but then I saw off the grid which would be amazing to have in game as I have some families that build their own furniture, grow their own food, this would definitely add to it. One has a furniture shop , the other a garden center cafe. Food preserves or Off the Grid would work so well.

GAHHH! Off the Grid...but if Food Preserves win, I'll be just as happy :mrgreen:
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Food preserves for the nectar making!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I am having a hard time deciding. I was thinking the food preserves, but then I saw off the grid which would be amazing to have in game as I have some families that build their own furniture, grow their own food, this would definitely add to it. One has a furniture shop , the other a garden center cafe. Food preserves or Off the Grid would work so well.

GAHHH! Off the Grid...but if Food Preserves win, I'll be just as happy :mrgreen:

what will you do if the big winners at the end of the vote turns out to be laundry?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Off the Grid because that is more the eco theme. I still want Laundry sometime though.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member

what will you do if the big winners at the end of the vote turns out to be laundry?

Lemme turn that around and ask what you will do? Cuz for me, I won't pitch a fit.
    edited June 2017

I've seen you post that on several threads. Why do you care so much about what other people think? Not everyone wants laundry as badly as you do. Food preserves actually impressed me, it has really cool features. I actually wouldn't be surprise if laundry and food preserves have more or less the same amount of votes.

I loved the possibility of jam making, I think that's a pretty cool addition.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2017
    I KNEW they were going to pit my two favorite loves against each other... Laundry and Canning.

I chose canning. Hardest decision ever. I want both so bad.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

I KNEW they were going to pit my two favorite loves against each other... Laundry and Canning.

Hahaha I was sold with the jam thing
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    When you really think about what is on offer in the survey. There is enough to make an expansion pack out of it all.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Hahaha I was sold with the jam thing

I had canning in TS4 and a modder made it where you could can whole meals. Just open the can, and a whole serving of food would pop out. I'm hoping they make cooked food "rations" on top of jams and preserves. And maybe preserve fish that way. Fish drops in quality so fast.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Personally, I don't understand why this pack wasn't called home goods stuff. Laundry does not scream eco-living. It uses up a lot of energy. I know it's a placeholder name, but out of all the features, off the grid made the most sense for the theme of this pack.

But we all know laundry is gonna win.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    I voted for off the grid. It's something interesting and new and seems like it would actually have replayability.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Went with food preserves. Off the grid would have been my next choice though.

But my first choice would have been bee-keeping if it were available.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    The new vote is up and I admit everything sounded so interesting! I ended up voting for off the grid, but I wouldn't really mind any of them!

What did you all vote for ?

Off the grid. But got to admit the food preservation really called to me - but the fact remains in eco living you do have to have solar and wind power to make a difference first and foremost - especially with so many small lots in this game - where there is not always a lot of room for big gardens and such - I went with the utmost important - off the grid with solar and wind power. But that said I like the way the team is thinking, Man just imagine if they could have made this a game pack and had all that. Oh well - great ideas for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    For me, it was between Off the Grid and Laundry. I thought the well/water pump was a fantastic idea -- prelude to weather/seasons with the well refilling from rain? As far as the laundry pack goes, I'll say that I initially thought what a lot of others are expressing -- that laundry doesn't fit with the "Eco" theme. However, I noticed that they added the clothesline and washing tub options, which certainly is an "eco-friendly" design. Plus, all sims have to wash their clothes.... I still wasn't 100% on choosing Laundry, until I considered how it might fit into parenting with regard to making teens do wash their own clothes.

I also liked the composting and recycling from the Carbon Conscious feature. If that one doesn't win, I hope we can see composting come back with weather/seasons. I really like the Food Preserves features, but as much as I would love to see them, I wasn't thrilled with just another object to do the work for my sims. So, I hope we can see the Food Preserves fleshed out more fully in a Farm themed Expansion pack.
  • ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    I picked Food Preserves.

As least as far as my play style goes, it sounds like it will add the most gameplay... my sims usually love cooking and gardening, so I am all for expanding on those two aspect of the game. Plus, it could be fun to make our own vineyards and sell nectar for some extra income (To say nothing of having a new skill to play around with).
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    It wasn't a thought choice but I went for Off the Grid.

I love laundry...it was the big reason Eco Living won but for me laundry doesn't fit with the theme of the pack. I would rather laundry be patched in or be in another Ep like a Town life pack.

Off the grid has so much more versatility. You could create a Sim who wants to go back to basics, live off the fat of the land. Heck you could create a community. Make Newcrest one huge hippy commune! Everything we have so far in the Stuff pack matches up with Sims wanting to go back to basics!
    With the Off the Grid Traits you could even start making households that are back in time. Like I said versatility.

The freeman recycling pack.....m'eh! It's kinda cool but seems a little bare for a Stuff pack, even with a new trait.

Preserves are well overdue. We need a country themed GP for something like this. Preserves finally have a purpose! Throw in more farming Stuff, give people their Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon!!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2017
    So many amazing choices!
    Now I want all of these put together into one of the greatest Game Packs ever.
    sigh. Much as I love Carbon Conscious and Food Preserves (jam!), I'm gonna go with Off the Grid. The thought of having all those (upgradable) items in my Sims' yard is too good to pass up.
    Two questions: would solar panels work better in Oasis Springs? Would there be any way to utilize them in apartments?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    For me Off the grid and Food preserves were tied, but Off the grid seemed better fitting for the theme.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > Orchid13 wrote: »
    >
    > I had canning in TS4 and a modder made it where you could can whole meals. Just open the can, and a whole serving of food would pop out. I'm hoping they make cooked food "rations" on top of jams and preserves. And maybe preserve fish that way. Fish drops in quality so fast.

Pickled herring, anyone???

I can see *a lot* of possibilities with the canning pot.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    There is the alternative to do laundry by hand and use the clothesline which makes it eco-friendly. I like that they also said clothes would go into the hamper as long as there was one anywhere on the lot.

Preserving food from the garden so it doesn't spoil didn't make much sense since it doesn't spoil anyway. Canning fish would be great but i don't think it was mentioned. Nectar making would be good if it was done like sims 3 but I wonder if they would put that much into it.

Off the grid does sound the most eco-friendly but it is something I would not use for many of my households.

I can't remember the forth choice so I guess it didn't make much of an impression on me. Still a couple days to make up my mind, but it's hard to choose just one.