Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gorgeous game generated townies actually exist?

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    This mailman popped up in my All the Things (One Sim to Complete Them All) save today.

116u92r.jpg
    znuhsh.jpg
    2iieqoh.jpg
    In game. He was clearly not feeling it and would not make any other facial expression besides "meh" at me.

2924134.jpg
    I went into CAS to grab a picture of him and his daily wear was so in need of help I gave it a quick make over. I really wanted to let him keep the hair but I could not find anything that really worked well with it that I liked on him so in the end it had to go. After much debate I settled on this one however I was really tempted by this one...

s4ou3c.jpg
    So I don't know I might still go back and change it but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    03_08_16_8_11_49_PM.jpg

her name was "Cassidy" and she was a sim created to be a yoga instructor I believe. :) (or atleast that's where I first ran into her so that's what I'm assuming)

good-looking game generated sims are possible but very very rare ><''

That sim is not game generated as the hair is CC
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    03_08_16_8_11_49_PM.jpg

her name was "Cassidy" and she was a sim created to be a yoga instructor I believe. :) (or atleast that's where I first ran into her so that's what I'm assuming)

game generates sims can have cc hair, even if it's rare
  • Options
    lejoninna wrote: »
    03_08_16_8_11_49_PM.jpg

@SimGuruDrake - is this possible?
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    03_08_16_8_11_49_PM.jpg

@SimGuruDrake - is this possible?

it has happened in my game, so ya it's possible. although I think most cc hairs are disabled for townies
  • Options
    The CC Maker has to have gone in and marked the CC hair as being disabled for townies other wise unless the player goes in and marks it (and you need that Sims 4 CC maker program to do so) it will end up generated on townies. This also goes for CC clothes and accessories. If you go into the Fashion Police thread you will see lot of instances of CC Gone Awry when being generated by townies to wear. There's no reason that a townie couldn't also end up in good-for-them CC as well from time to time.

295quk9.jpg
    Here's an instance in my own playing where a Sim aged up randomly into CC hair.

egwgig.jpg
    And here's a townie walking around in-world with CC hair the game generated for him.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Most of my townies have CC stuff on them, how do I disable that? I'm having so many glitches lately... :disappointed:
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I am not sure, I could be wrong, but...I recently deleted all my non playables in my test world and the next set that was generated was, dare I say...rather pleasant to look at, did they change something? I may even grow attached to this motley crew, and its just the test crew! I think my game save file is about to get a permanent shift change. I hope it sticks!
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    The CC Maker has to have gone in and marked the CC hair as being disabled for townies other wise unless the player goes in and marks it (and you need that Sims 4 CC maker program to do so) it will end up generated on townies. This also goes for CC clothes and accessories. If you go into the Fashion Police thread you will see lot of instances of CC Gone Awry when being generated by townies to wear. There's no reason that a townie couldn't also end up in good-for-them CC as well from time to time.

295quk9.jpg

egwgig.jpg
    And here's a townie walking around in-world with CC hair the game generated for him.

Huh, What, I have NEVER seen townies with CC.
    @SimGuruDrake = could you please weight in on this?
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    My townies have CC hair most of the time and also ever time I go to a restaurant or spa, etc...most people working there are sims like Bella Goth, Eliza Pancakes, etc, instead of random sims. @SimGuruDrake can you help me?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member

295quk9.jpg

egwgig.jpg

This is very common. You can use TS4 Studio to disable cc for townies.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options

295quk9.jpg

egwgig.jpg

So how do you get townies with CC?
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member

295quk9.jpg

egwgig.jpg

If you have CC in your game that the creator has made available to townies, townies will have a chance of being generated with it. Perhaps the creators of CC you have installed have disabled the "allow for townies" option; many players don't like random townies walking down the street with angel wings or some other ridiculous thing.

There's no way to actually choose what a townie is generated with. All you can do is edit them after they've been spawned.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options

295quk9.jpg

egwgig.jpg

Yes, i did. But i installed TS4 Studio and disabled cc for townies.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The game totally can create gorgeous sims. It's one thing I've loved since release, and even more now with more cas assets. I can create a single sim and date a townie, because I will find a beautiful and unique one I couldn't come up with. The following sims were randomized in cas and I didn't change anything.

xZzMXkh.png

pWE7jEO.png

Layg6l1.png

NNEWyvK.png

q6aeBqh.png

4UN95Gx.png
  • Options

295quk9.jpg

egwgig.jpg

All the CC in your game has probably been disabled for townies as most good CC makers will have disabled their CC for townie use now (these were both taken months ago). If you want to up the chance get the TS4 Studio and go through and enable all your CC for townie use (I'm not sure how since I don't have the program) and then wait for new townies to me generated (which you can help along by going in and deleting all your not-inworld Sims). As mentioned in other posts there's no guarantee townies will spawn in it (it's not something you can control it just happens) but your instances of crazy looking sims will probably increase tenfold if you allow your CC for townie use.

If you want info about TS4 Studio you're probably better off going to the CC section of the forum and asking questions about it there.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    DUN DUN DUN!
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 739 Member
    edited August 2016
    15wexsn.jpg
    According to the game the name of the visualy comfotable mailman is Arvin Eastman. BU~~~T his trait is... *no comment*
    BTW 100% NATURALLY generated townie, no artificially surgical alteration
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Found him September of last year. Saved him to my library before he got culled.
    21503202689_c140f54cda_h.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    she is kind of pretty. she only needs to change her hair and eyebrows colour.

19.07.2016_20-32-13_zpskiknzge1.png

I like that hair.... I wish Maxis would create a long one like that!
  • Options
    pretty waitress again

02.09.2016_15-27-17_zpspht4ckmf.png
  • Options
    xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    edited August 2019
    The game totally can create gorgeous sims. It's one thing I've loved since release, and even more now with more cas assets. I can create a single sim and date a townie, because I will find a beautiful and unique one I couldn't come up with. The following sims were randomized in cas and I didn't change anything.

xZzMXkh.png

pWE7jEO.png

Layg6l1.png

NNEWyvK.png

q6aeBqh.png

4UN95Gx.png

So that's where all the hot townie sim males went!!

I seem to only get good looking females aha here's two of mine both single mums have saved them to my library :smiley:

Post edited by xJDLKx on

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • Options
    imabeliever8000imabeliever8000 Posts: 36 Member
    Personally, townie generation is one of the few things TS4 does far superior to the rest of the series. TS3 was horrendously exasperating--the pudding face townies all looked identical. TS2 was good for its time; however I now create all my own townies using BodyShop because otherwise the same face templates get recycled and the town eventually looks very similar, plus you get unusual genetic combinations. TS4 is very skilled at making ethnically diverse Sims that don't have things like very dark skin and platinum hair all too often (I do realize that some Oceanic aboriginal people have combinations like this, but the rates were too high for realism in previous games) . Overall, I really enjoy The Sims 4's townie creation. It keeps me engaged in an otherwise often lacking game.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    I have no shortage of attractive female townies, but this is the best-looking male townie I've ever seen in my game. I haven't modified him at all (though I do have default CC skins and eyes).

09-06-16_2-25-48nbspPM_zps2luancnp.png
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I found this gem, game generated and all I did was add some make up, change the hair and clothes. I love husky guys and this one is so cute to me. My sim is dating him.
    Random%20Townie.png
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.