Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling upset about the forums today

Comments

• Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    The exit is on the right.

Really? We are not allowed to say that to the Toddler Whining Brigade and they've been poisoning the forums since before I got here.

Really?

Yeah, really. Are you new here? Anything positive said about the game in the ladt few months is shouted down by the Recreationally Outraged Toddler Whiners. Topics are closed and users harrassed and mocked.

Why are you breaking the rules calling real people whiners? It's o.k. to think it but not say it out loud.

Nope. He should be allowed to say that.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    But that's the right we're being denied on these forums.

Privately-owned companies, such as Maxis, that aren't owned by the government do not have to follow the first amendment in a way. Some amendments can be ignored completely by privately-owned companies and the privately-owned companies can make their own rules, while most must be followed.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Random question, if females are usually checked to get pregnant. And your female woohoos a random town with try for baby, will they both get pregnant...
    I'm actually not sure if options allow that or not. Check it out in your game maybe? I haven't launched the game yet myself. I was just updating it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Random question, if females are usually checked to get pregnant. And your female woohoos a random town with try for baby, will they both get pregnant...

Not if the townie they woohoo with can't get them pregnant, such as a normal townie female. I imagine the option to try for baby won't come up then.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Okay, so I read through this whole thread and I have one thing to say.

People have all the right to censor you if you are on a site that is owned by them/ran by them.

Freedom of Speech only means that you can not be arrested/censored by the government for what you say
    This does not mean that groups that OWN/RUN the website you are using to express your opinion, can not censor you. It is THEIR website, they have every right to control the type of content that is discussed in it, whether or not you agree with what they do. On the internet, where you can literally have someone's comment flagged and deleted by the staff, there is no freedom of speech in the sense that there is in the real world.

Is it moral though?

They've censored users against this update, yet kept @aaronjc123 comment where he called all religion "universally awful".

That is not moral.
    What is moral is subjective, it up for the mods of the site to decide what is allowed and what isn't.
    I personally do not agree when people say universally awful.
    Can people use it as an excuse for doing awful things? Yes.
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and other terrorist groups have done this exact thing.
    But there are people who have used religion as a way to better themselves and help themselves through tough times. It can be good and it can both be bad, just like most things in this world.

No, morality is set in stone.
    To quote another site: "Morality is a man-made concept that is defined by the society you live in; it is subjective. There is nothing called morality in nature. You cannot observe morality or test it in a laboratory. There is no absolute "morality." "

There is no absolute to ANYTHING that is man-made, not even words, as the definition of those change almost on a yearly bases.

Well, that's a wide, unanswered debate within philosophy and the like -- do humans have an innate idea of morality and what is "fair"? Many people sit at both sides of the fence.
    Personally, I believe fairness and morality are taught by society. But I rather not discuss this further as I could derail the thread.
  • Options
    Evilmonkeyz05Evilmonkeyz05 Posts: 24 Member
    Isn't it just a little ironic that people who hate against LGBT are crying about censorship when the LGBT community had to live in fear of their lifestyle and hide who they were for centuries? Get a little perspective, people.
  • Options
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I'm not American but I always had the impression that the whole idea behind the first ammendment was to stop the Government from arresting and persecuting you for talking smack about the Government (because you know, Goverments are powerful and need some limitations placed on them to avoid abuse of that power), not so that everyone with an opinion has an excuse to proclaim his/her right to shout it from the rooftops.
    Freedom of speech also comes with a sort of unwritten rule. You are free to say anything you want but it also comes with taking the responsibility for what you say.

But that responsibility should never be censorship, because that means that you aren't free to say anything you want.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

It included freedom of speech and freedom of religion, belief and opinion.

I don't see what you're trying to say.
    Yep that. Which people tend to forget. There is freedom with all of that. But what the US laws allow and what forums allow are two different things.

What the forums allow isn't moral.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

From what I saw in the options you could do one or the other but not both. In other words if she can get pregnant she can't cause pregnancy. Also they said that only the sims you adjust to have these options would have them so a random townie wouldn't. I hope that helps!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Isn't it just a little ironic that people who hate against LGBT are crying about censorship when the LGBT community had to live in fear of their lifestyle and hide who they were for centuries? Get a little perspective, people.

When arguing topics about the 21st century, it is COMPLETELY worthless to refer to something that happened 50 years ago. Get with the times, people.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

how am I hating against LGBT? And if I'm not allowed to express an opposite opinion, that IS censorship.
  • Options
    But that's the right we're being denied on these forums.

Privately-owned companies, such as Maxis, that aren't owned by the government do not have to follow the first amendment in a way. Some amendments can be ignored completely by privately-owned companies and the privately-owned companies can make their own rules, while most must be followed.

That doesn't make it right.
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »

how am I hating against LGBT? And if I'm not allowed to express an opposite opinion, that IS censorship.

Thank You.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I don't address people by labels, they are my friends and their sexuality, cultures, race, etc are not needed in my day to day life. All I want to know if you are a good person, then we can hang. Content of character always trump a person's physical looks and practices. I wish people stop with all this outrage over nonsensible stuff and watch the people in charge trying to keep up the fights so they can dig in our pockets without the world noticing. That should be the outrage.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm actually not sure if options allow that or not. Check it out in your game maybe? I haven't launched the game yet myself. I was just updating it.

I would but my net has been dying every few seconds so I can't download anything because even loading a page takes forever! waiting for new internet cables :(
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I don't address people by labels, they are my friends and their sexuality, cultures, race, etc are not needed in my day to day life. All I want to know if you are a good person, then we can hang. Content of character always trump a person's physical looks and practices. I wish people stop with all this outrage over nonsensible stuff and watch the people in charge trying to keep up the fights so they can dig in our pockets without the world noticing. That should be the outrage.

How is this relevant?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You have not read this thread or watched the OP's video. They said no such thing. What they said is they were censored and a thread deleted here because they said they weren't too happy about a patch. What in the heck is wrong with saying I'm not happy about any patch. Read what they wrote and why and if you missed that person's other thread was deleted.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

Not if the townie they woohoo with can't get them pregnant, such as a normal townie female. I imagine the option to try for baby won't come up then.

Good point, i think I had a blonde moment <.< *hides in shame*
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    That doesn't make it right.

I prefer remaining neutral on the issue. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm having a hard time understanding why people are upset about today's patch. It's not like they're enforcing players to play with gender options or that you will see NPC's with the new settings. These settings will ONLY apply if we choose for them to apply. So if you're the type of player that doesn't want these options, the game is at default and you'd never see these changes. I think it's awesome that they are finally giving us options in TS4! Let us choose what we want to play with. Thank you developers, thank you Gurus for this.
    But now we have people complaining because about features they never have to play with if they don't choose to. It's like get real. If it doesn't affect your game play, why does anyone else care how the other chooses to play? As an example, I don't like to play with ghosts. It's not my thing. But do you see me creating threads to remove ghosts just because I don't' like them? That's the most selfish thing ever, when I have a choice to play with them or not.
    If the changes in this patch was effecting everyone's game play, I'd totally get it. But since it's not, it's made me left to wonder if we just like to complain for the sake of complaining.
  • Options

I would but my net has been dying every few seconds so I can't download anything because even loading a page takes forever! waiting for new internet cables :(

We have to wait 3 years until we get decent broadband installed in our house.

Our government said that a broadband connection is now a basic human need. See? I like the government sometimes!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Okay, so I read through this whole thread and I have one thing to say.

People have all the right to censor you if you are on a site that is owned by them/ran by them.

Freedom of Speech only means that you can not be arrested/censored by the government for what you say
    This does not mean that groups that OWN/RUN the website you are using to express your opinion, can not censor you. It is THEIR website, they have every right to control the type of content that is discussed in it, whether or not you agree with what they do. On the internet, where you can literally have someone's comment flagged and deleted by the staff, there is no freedom of speech in the sense that there is in the real world.

Is it moral though?

They've censored users against this update, yet kept @aaronjc123 comment where he called all religion "universally awful".

That is not moral.
    What is moral is subjective, it up for the mods of the site to decide what is allowed and what isn't.
    I personally do not agree when people say universally awful.
    Can people use it as an excuse for doing awful things? Yes.
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and other terrorist groups have done this exact thing.
    But there are people who have used religion as a way to better themselves and help themselves through tough times. It can be good and it can both be bad, just like most things in this world.

No, morality is set in stone.
    To quote another site: "Morality is a man-made concept that is defined by the society you live in; it is subjective. There is nothing called morality in nature. You cannot observe morality or test it in a laboratory. There is no absolute "morality." "

There is no absolute to ANYTHING that is man-made, not even words, as the definition of those change almost on a yearly bases.

Well, that's a wide, unanswered debate within philosophy and the like -- do humans have an innate idea of morality and what is "fair"? Many people sit at both sides of the fence.
    Personally, I believe fairness and morality are taught by society. But I rather not discuss this further as I could derail the thread.

And the beauty of it is neither side can be proven correct or incorrect. I don't think this is derailing the thread; censorship and the morality of such is very relevant to OP's sentiments.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2016

From what I saw in the options you could do one or the other but not both. In other words if she can get pregnant she can't cause pregnancy. Also they said that only the sims you adjust to have these options would have them so a random townie wouldn't. I hope that helps!

I can see this getting very confusing to players. Having to keep a list of the one who can get pregnant and ones who can't...it could get very confusing especially if they forget. Then complaints their Sims can no longer get pregnant because they forgot they changed an option on a townie.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm having a hard time understanding why people are upset about today's patch. It's not like they're enforcing players to play with gender options or that you will see NPC's with the new settings. These settings will ONLY apply if we choose for them to apply. So if you're the type of player that doesn't want these options, the game is at default and you'd never see these changes. I think it's awesome that they are finally giving us options in TS4! Let us choose what we want to play with. Thank you developers, thank you Gurus for this.
    But now we have people complaining because about features they never have to play with if they don't choose to. It's like get real. If it doesn't affect your game play, why does anyone else care how the other chooses to play? As an example, I don't like to play with ghosts. It's not my thing. But do you see me creating threads to remove ghosts just because I don't' like them? That's the most selfish thing ever, when I have a choice to play with them or not.
    If the changes in this patch was effecting everyone's game play, I'd totally get it. But since it's not, it's made me left to wonder if we just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

...Because this thread is about censorship, not the patch.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top