Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling upset about the forums today

mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
I feel like The Sims 4 is no longer "play your own way", but "think the way you're intended to think". I'm very happy about all of those that are enjoying the update, however I couldn't exactly get into the game after today, after I got to understand that one side of simmers will always get censored.

1. The game will never have cultural traditions, or religion. Mere mention of these things will shut your thread down (as well as this one eventually, probably. Will try to take pictures of the thread beforehand though).
2. You're bad, evil, or backwards if you are uncomfortable with the new gender settings. That is what the forum will label you. Poland didn't even do a write up about the new update and everyone is bashing the country, instead of carefully considering the views and needs of other countries.
3. Just asking "can updates be optional?" got my thread deleted. Seriously. I suppose updates will never be optional, no matter how major the change is.
4. Tried contacting customer support, they said that it's a developer issue and if an update upsets me I should come and post here, however posting here gets the threads deleted.

Overall I feel like the more conservative simmers are not welcome on the forums or in game. Even if you're rather open minded and just not too comfortable with, for example, two men being able to have a baby, you have no way to take those options out of your game.

EDIT, made a video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob81Xv9_EdU
Post edited by mirta000 on

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I understand totally where you are coming from. Everyones opinion should be valued. It is my understanding that male pregnancy is entirely optional and that game generated sims will never have this enabled. You will only ever have these changes in your game if you make a sim in CAS with the new changes.

So you will be able to play your game today (after the patch) in exactly the same way you played yesterday (before the patch).
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2016
    But it doesn't change your game, at all. You can still have your old cas so what is the problem? It's not like EA has switched men and women clothing forcing you into anything. They just gave everyone more options if they want to use them
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    I'm not saying conservative simmers aren't welcome, and I certainly don't think you should feel that way (though you are entitled to feel whatever way you do). The world has a variety of people and by not being inclusive of it, then you also have a set of simmers who may feel unwelcome. I don't care about these changes being added to my game, because for me it adds to the realism. What I'm not liking are the childish or absolutely offensive posts that came with the news of this patch.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    edited June 2016
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    The exit is on the right.

I am not dismissing anyone. This forum is so oversensitive.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I feel like The Sims 4 is no longer "play your own way", but "think the way you're intended to think". I'm very happy about all of those that are enjoying the update, however I couldn't exactly get into the game after today, after I got to understand that one side of simmers will always get censored.

1. The game will never have cultural traditions, or religion. Mere mention of these things will shut your thread down (as well as this one eventually, probably. Will try to take pictures of the thread beforehand though).
    2. You're bad, evil, or backwards if you are uncomfortable with the new gender settings. That is what the forum will label you. Poland didn't even do a write up about the new update and everyone is bashing the country, instead of carefully considering the views and needs of other countries.
    3. Just asking "can updates be optional?" got my thread deleted. Seriously. I suppose updates will never be optional, no matter how major the change is.
    4. Tried contacting customer support, they said that it's a developer issue and if an update upsets me I should come and post here, however posting here gets the threads deleted.

Overall I feel like the more conservative simmers are not welcome on the forums or in game. Even if you're rather open minded and just not too comfortable with, for example, two men being able to have a baby, you have no way to take those options out of your game.

The patch is optional :). You do not have to play any other way than your own, the same way you've been playing. @Colton147147 is right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however I think when people started stating their opinions into borderline rudeness and disrespectfulness, is where things started to get a little hairy.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I agree. Since it's optional I can still play my way, but if things start to become not an option then I won't be playing my game. I didn't understand why your thread got deleted and some of the other more controversial threads are still active.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I don't think the main games in the franchise have ever really dealt with religious or cultural content though, have they? In that sense there's nothing different here.

I think there's a bit of a difference between people saying they just dislike the feature and people who decide to be rude about it.

As far as the update goes, it's 100% optional and it defaults to being off. I think EA have even said that random townies shouldn't spawn with the gender features enabled etc so I think the only way it's going to show up in the game is if you choose for it to. Compared with how EA has previously dealt with new features I think this was done really well because, to me, it doesn't impose anything on anybody.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I am kinda feeling bad right now.
    I need to excuse for my manners today.
    Normaly i am calm but today kinda maked me upset.

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    shinys212 wrote: »
    I understand that you are feeling uncomfortable because after all we all have different opinions, backrounds and values. But I honestly don't understand why this is such a big issue when it's all optional. You don't ever have to open the gender menu if you choose to. It's not like every other male sim is going to be pregnant and dressed up as a female.
    mirta000 wrote: »

No one is forcing you to use the new features. If you don't want two males to have a baby in your game, then don't enable it.

But you can't get mad if other people do or of the option is there. It's just like real life...you are free to live however you'd like, but you can't force other people to live their lives according what personally makes you feel comfortable.

At least in The Sims you really do have control over your world and can make it as you see fit. You can't begrudge other people who are excited for these features or choose to play differently than you.

It's actually less about the update and more about the whole censorship thing. I'm sorry if I ranted a bit, it was just so disheartening to see thread after thread closed, heck this was posted on a thread directly discussing the CAS and the patch.

yw2FZQX.png

The CAS discussion thread is too sensitive of a topic to be discussed, but it's not too sensitive to be implemented in game?

Heck, even the fan sites are censoring their users completely. This just got discussed on The Sims Community Facebook page:

yUwYuH5.png

sd2tsah.png

DdqlUdx.png

It's just complete censorship everywhere. And it made me feel so alone in my views and opinions.
  • Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    More_Moore wrote: »
    The thing is YOU'RE not getting censored. you still have the option to play like YOU want to. The only difference is that now OTHER people can play as THEY want to.

And to complain about giving others the OPTION to play like they want to is pretty horrible no matter how you slice it (That's where the whoa it's wrong comes in - not because YOU don't want to play that way but because you feel everyone should only have the choice to play YOUR way). Because nothing was taken from you. Nothing.......In fact at default it's still TS4......you don't even have to look at the options almost whatsoever unless you WANT to. ._.;;

It's not just your game. Everyone else should have the opportunity to play too. First it's "well if only the townies didn't dadada" and they gave it, then it was "if only the CAS filter dadada" and they gave it.......and now it's "BUT I DONT WANT THE OPTION IN MY GAME AT ALL".

And this is where I get to the point where I say: Get over it. There are other players besides your group. This game caters to more than just a specific group now.

^This

It's one thing to not like something and not utilize it in the came because it doesn't adhere to your beliefs or makes you uncomfortable. It's another thing to make a huge deal out of it, as though the game is forcing you to play with these options whether you want to or not. Which is not the case. You're making a much bigger deal out of something that is not only not a big deal (in that it's something you can completely and totally ignore), and would rather others go without the ability to play the game they want. They paid money for it too. They don't have to play it according to the way YOU believe they should play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. It doesn't have to be anything more than that.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    I am kinda feeling bad right now.
    I need to excuse for my manners today.
    Normaly i am calm but today kinda maked me upset.

Understandable.. Some of the comments have been very offensive, today.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    Babisko wrote: »
    More_Moore wrote: »
    The thing is YOU'RE not getting censored. you still have the option to play like YOU want to. The only difference is that now OTHER people can play as THEY want to.

And to complain about giving others the OPTION to play like they want to is pretty horrible no matter how you slice it (That's where the whoa it's wrong comes in - not because YOU don't want to play that way but because you feel everyone should only have the choice to play YOUR way). Because nothing was taken from you. Nothing.......In fact at default it's still TS4......you don't even have to look at the options almost whatsoever unless you WANT to. ._.;;

It's not just your game. Everyone else should have the opportunity to play too. First it's "well if only the townies didn't dadada" and they gave it, then it was "if only the CAS filter dadada" and they gave it.......and now it's "BUT I DONT WANT THE OPTION IN MY GAME AT ALL".

And this is where I get to the point where I say: Get over it. There are other players besides your group. This game caters to more than just a specific group now.

^This

It's one thing to not like something and not utilize it in the came because it doesn't adhere to your beliefs or makes you uncomfortable. It's another thing to make a huge deal out of it, as though the game is forcing you to play with these options whether you want to or not. Which is not the case. You're making a much bigger deal out of something that is not only not a big deal (in that it's something you can completely and totally ignore), and would rather others go without the ability to play the game they want. They paid money for it too. They don't have to play it according to the way YOU believe they should play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. It doesn't have to be anything more than that.

yes. This^ 100 times^
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top