May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikki Rapp (The voice of toddlers in TS2 & 3) Is now working on TS4 *Speculation*

Comments

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    edited February 2016
    Dont some people call their children little monsters though??

Maybe it's a Lady Gaga GP. :#
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    SimplyTori wrote: »

It could be kids but she did tweet no toddlers.

Yeah but she signed an NDA she knew she couldn't tell us that is was toddlers ;)

No she couldn't say if it was but she did say it wasn't.

You're right but read this below. it's one statement down.
    @XopaxPax wrote too @ChelleJo
    I'm still hopeful, keep in mind that she made a lot of people be 100% sure it was toddlers, the only way for her to "undo" what she did and respect her NDA was to say "no toddlers", otherwise she would have broke the contract and people would be believing until now.

They are literally playing with us.

Actually I really don't care about toddlers. I do feel bad for the people who desperately want them and hope they get them. Every time one of these "speculation" on a crumb threads pop up they get their hopes up only to be disappointed again. I don't feel like the playing with people is just the Sims team. These threads go a long way to building up and dashing hopes and it's just for the sake of an afternoon of hype.

I agree with you about the afternoon hype. And I'm one of those so desperately want toddlers but I'm taking this one with a grain of salt. I will always be one of those hopeful people. All we have in this world is hope,love and faith ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    WAIT A MOMENT
    Does anyone remember what simguru graham said yesterday

Was it all planned?

That seems like they're just being funny judging by the full conversation. I'd have similar conversations with my friends so I read it as him just poking fun at her.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    WAIT A MOMENT

Was it all planned?

That was in response to something different.

I know, but it is suspicious that it was spontaneously posted one day, before this happened.

It's no more suspicious than the hype-train-a-day on the forums is suspicious.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    WAIT A MOMENT

Was it all planned?

That seems like they're just being funny judging by the full conversation. I'd have similar conversations with my friends so I read it as him just poking fun at her.

That's what happens here. People want to "prove" a point so they post one tweet out of a whole conversation so that it can be taken out of context.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    allieb312 wrote: »
    She confirmed it isn't toddlers.
    Maybe that part. But the actress that voiced the toddlers and children in Sims 2 & 3 did not specified what parts that she played in Sims 4 yet. So she could have been playing more than one part in Sims 4. So I wouldn't say definite answer on this yet until they give a full disclosure of what they were working on in Sims 4.

• Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member

It could be kids but she did tweet no toddlers.

They will deny anything about toddlers until it's confirmed officially with an announcement. I still believe.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,575 Member
    That's what happens here. People want to "prove" a point so they post one tweet out of a whole conversation so that it can be taken out of context.
    It's certainly confused the heck out of me. I've read the entire thread and am still not sure who said what where and when.

I started to actually get a bit of excitement at first, but I have to try and remember EAs past history. Just best to forget this thread, I guess, and go back to not hoping then I won't have to suffer further disappointment.

:'(
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't get though why we can't speculate. I do know there are people that are hungry for real news ... but that means no one can laugh or tease or talk about what might come? We can't pick apart hints with good humor? I don't want to be insensitive ... but if it isn't official.. it just isn't.

Honestly? For me personally I don't care who speculates on what. When I see an announcement from the team I know something is coming and only then. I see nothing wrong with laughing or teasing but you also have to understand that there are people here pinning their hopes on these speculations. Until they can get to the point where they realize it is just speculation there is a lot of disappointment.

If someone wants to advocate for TS4 one of the worst things they can do is the cycle of hope and disappointment. Eventually people get tired of crying wolf and just don't care any more.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I don't get though why we can't speculate. I do know there are people that are hungry for real news ... but that means no one can laugh or tease or talk about what might come? We can't pick apart hints with good humor? I don't want to be insensitive ... but if it isn't official.. it just isn't.

It's fun! Or, it should be fun, but people get really mad.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    I am intrigued by this.

143ewyc.jpg

Keyword: Helped out a little.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    Karenn wrote: »
    I am intrigued by this.

143ewyc.jpg

Keyword: Helped out a little.

Me too! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited February 2016
    Wow... this thread! What a roller coaster of emotions. :cold_sweat: I thought it was really on to something and my heartbeat raced... thankfully I've seen sense and was able to exit the train. :warning:

*although..... on second thoughts..... :wink:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    qrlcode wrote: »

It's fun! Or, it should be fun, but people get really mad.
    Because speculating leads a lot of people to hype and false hope. The dozens of "toddler hints" prove that. Let's not forget the fake game pack many people fell for several months ago.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    *looks around*

All aboard the hype train. B)
    aAfrAub.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    edited February 2016
    If EA isn't willing to add toddlers, they will never say a word about it. If they do so, they'll lose several fans that are waiting until they'd get them.
    So unless they're really going to add them, we won't ever know...

Oh, and for those who think she said something she wasn't supposed to say, maybe it was planned so we would speculate and get hyped for the EP. Maybe it's just marketing.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    Whoa. For a moment it seemed like the hype train spontaneously sprouted a pair of wings and soared into the clouds, where no logic, rationality and common sense can reach it. :o

Sign me up for a flight, business class!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 I don't think there are many that come on the forums that don't understand that there are people pinning their hopes on speculation. I can't control that.. only they can. I gotta say I really enjoyed learning more about this voice actor. Who know's what's going to come of this... will be nice to see on the tail end what she did.
    I'll just say again unless it's official I'm not believing it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    If the next EP/GP is really ONLY restaurants, I will officially just throw my desktop out of the window and be done with the game, lol.

I am quite the opposite. I hope they focus in hard on that one feature and implement it to the full.

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Rather wait for the green bar comment to appear with a nope GIF before reading anything else.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Rather wait for the green bar comment to appear with a nope GIF before reading anything else.

I doubt we'll get official confirmation or denial from a guru. Would be nice though.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    If I was EA/Maxis, I would probably tell her to deny it, even if people ask point blank. Silence (e.g. an "I can't talk about it") would only make people think it's confirmation of their suspicions. So the only way to keep it quiet, per their rules, would be to deny it outright, even if it's in development.

And now I sound like a conspiracy theorist.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Out of the way!!!!
    *elbows people aside to get onto the hype train*
    Move it!
    *hits someone over the head with a teddy bear*

Ok yes its just pure speculation and will probably dash my hopes yet again BUT I DONT CARE!!!! It gives me HOPE!!!
    For me the Sims isn't complete without Toddlers!

Now move it or lose it toots *hits someone else with the nappy bag and scrambles aboard*
    (diaper for those who speak Yankanesse) ;)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I didn't read the whole thread but I think from the first page, this voice actor posted they did something for EA, right? Well if they are not suppose to talk about it, why post about doing something? That boggles my mind.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.