Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikki Rapp (The voice of toddlers in TS2 & 3) Is now working on TS4 *Speculation*

Comments

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Could "monstahs" refer to some kind of lifestate instead?
    "I got to do the cute ones" - Implies that some of them weren't cute? Also implies she actually did rather than just helped.

Maybe she's involved in more than one project? She did say she did then, but then she also said she just helped.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    HarollyHarolly Posts: 75 Member
    I DON'T KNOW WHATS HAPPENING BUT I'M EXCITED
    xgu3gOi.gif
    "It's just called a phone."
    "What an impractical name."
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I think we should all take this with a grain of salt. She did say pretty explicitly "not toddlers". To me, if this were EA keeping it hush hush, she wouldn't be tweeting anything at all. This could be for toddlers, but there's an equal chance it could be for something completely different. We won't know until we are told what the next EP is.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I think we should all take this with a grain of salt. She did say pretty explicitly "not toddlers". To me, if this were EA keeping it hush hush, she wouldn't be tweeting anything at all. This could be for toddlers, but there's an equal chance it could be for something completely different. We won't know until we are told what the next EP is.

And who knows when that will happen ! ;)
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I AM SO EXCITED :D !
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2016
    The only references to monsters in surveys etc are the Yetis mentioned in the vacation pack... (Unless you include zombies in apocalypse pack, or perhaps as villains in supers pack).
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

But they seem to enjoy running around like their hair is on fire.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    Even if she were voicing toddlers, she couldn't say it anyway. EA probably found her tweets and reminded her of the NDA she undoubtedly signed and the price she'd literally have to pay if she let the cat out of the bag too early. This is just PR control coming into play so I'm still suspicious.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

Someone said she deleted a tweet so she clearly said something she wasn't supposed to. I know it wasn't related to toddlers but maybe she knew to stay hush hush on the toddler thing but not the other thing. I'm not sure how Maxis handles their NDAs but unless you get it in absolute writing sometimes it's hard to know what's under NDA. I've done things that are under NDA and according to my NDA I'm not even allowed to acknowledge that specific thing happened or I could get in trouble. But my NDAs are pretty strict. She can acknowledge she's worked on it so maybe her NDA is a bit more flexible. And possibly if she DID voice toddlers that may have been a big "don't say a word about it" thing that was said multiple times. Or even if she knows of their return.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    "Monstahs" was in reference to the tweet she was replying to.... the guy said he was working on those, and she said she was working on "the cute ones" ...
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    "I got to do the cute ones" - Implies that some of them weren't cute?

I think they are planning to integrate Spore into The Sims 4

• Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

:s I hope not..
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    The only references to monsters in surveys etc are the Yetis mentioned in the vacation pack... (Unless you include zombies in apocalypse pack, or perhaps as villains in supers pack).
    vampires were in one of the surveys

tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo5_1280.png
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited February 2016
    I believe It's possible EA saw her tweets unfold and told her to not say anything about toddlers for example, and then she said it's not toddlers. Our it could be anything, really. We shall see!

Edit: Wow, I should have read the rest of the comments ^^ You guys said the same thing!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Considering the fact that this version of the game is just so insanely happy,la la,happy I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the alternate life states were Spore creatures.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    kit wrote: »
    vampires were in one of the surveys

tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo5_1280.png

Yetis could be cute, Vampires and zombies probably not so much.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Someone said she deleted a tweet so she clearly said something she wasn't supposed to. I know it wasn't related to toddlers but maybe she knew to stay hush hush on the toddler thing but not the other thing. I'm not sure how Maxis handles their NDAs but unless you get it in absolute writing sometimes it's hard to know what's under NDA. I've done things that are under NDA and according to my NDA I'm not even allowed to acknowledge that specific thing happened or I could get in trouble. But my NDAs are pretty strict. She can acknowledge she's worked on it so maybe her NDA is a bit more flexible. And possibly if she DID voice toddlers that may have been a big "don't say a word about it" thing that was said multiple times. Or even if she knows of their return.

Hmmm. It could be, but with her NDA she's probably not supposed to go into the specifics about anything. She said monsters*, and while that could be a reference to the terrible two's, I'm not entirely sold on it. Especially if there are multiple people working on the same "monster", it kinda makes me think of monsters as a separate thing.

Could be anything though, but I think the immense speculation that's happening in this thread is a little out of control. I've seen people tagging gurus asking for clarification, which is something we won't see. I'll just wait it out, I've gotten my hopes up in the past for toddlers just to be wrong; won't make that mistake again. :smiley:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    kmaria wrote: »
    "Monstahs" was in reference to the tweet she was replying to.... the guy said he was working on those, and she said she was working on "the cute ones" ...

The reply/one she replied to is still there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_L._Jackson
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413996/
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'll believe it when I see it. Just because someone used to be the voice of toddlers in the other Sims games, that doesn't mean that's what they're doing now.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    "I got to do the cute ones" - Implies that some of them weren't cute? Also implies she actually did rather than just helped.
    ETA: Also, in previous iterations, weren't there imaginary monsters (under the bed)? Could they possibly expand on this by giving them voice/form in the future (Monsters Inc. style)?

Even though I want toddlers, this seems like the most logical theory. I just wonder why they would introduce MONSTAHS before toddlers!?
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    WAIT WHAT DOES THAT MEANS

JGwX7f1.jpg

No, she did not work on toddlers, or no, she only helped with toddlers? ;) Interesting.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO UNDERSTAND.

tumblr_nm7ftlN9ui1s7zspno4_250.gif

Me too!! Hahaha :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

Capture.png
    Look into his big blue eyes, could he be yours soon? :p

I certainly hope so :) toddlers coming to the Sims 4 would be great, though I am still very eager to get seasons, pets and some cars in the Sims 4 as well! But having toddlers in the Sims 4 would just be Sim-azing!!
    However I hope that when/if we do get toddlers we get more than just the toddlers - by this I mean I hope that we got lots of content for them, so high chairs, cots, toys, clothing, pushchairs and I was also thinking that it would be cool if toddlers had bibs for when they are eating. I've always wanted to see that in the Sims :)

Hopefully we'll know more in a few months time, but for now I'll just keep on enjoying what's currently being released for the Sims 4 :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    The toddler hype train picking up passengers has it roars down the tracks. :p

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    WAIT WHAT DOES THAT MEANS

JGwX7f1.jpg

Could mean she wasn't the main voice (which may have been Donna LeTourneau) but she was a secondary voice. It's possible that they'd use different voices, then mix them somehow to create unique sounds so you wouldn't have every toddler sound the same.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,573 Member
    i am not beliving anything in this topic until annouce by ea/maxi and in that poll there was a mistake even do i never got it they forgot to put in the poll choice Not intressted because supernatural the life state i have 0 intress only the content furniture and useful object has use to me
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(