Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikki Rapp (The voice of toddlers in TS2 & 3) Is now working on TS4 *Speculation*

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see it. Just because someone used to be the voice of toddlers in the other Sims games, that doesn't mean that's what they're doing now.

That's just it Jarsie. She did all sorts of voices in various Sim games and some do not have toddlers. Also the guy that was involved has done voices for so many things from Sims Superstar to The Voice of ghost face in the movie Scream 4. He does a lot of video games.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413996/
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ok I think the monsters will just be part of a new movie genre for the movie night cinema screen.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Could "monstahs" refer to some kind of lifestate instead?
    "I got to do the cute ones" - Implies that some of them weren't cute? Also implies she actually did rather than just helped.
    ETA: Also, in previous iterations, weren't there imaginary monsters (under the bed)? Could they possibly expand on this by giving them voice/form in the future (Monsters Inc. style)?

Even though I want toddlers, this seems like the most logical theory. I just wonder why they would introduce MONSTAHS before toddlers!?

We really don't have a solid basis for assuming it's literally monsters; potentially it could be. In the scenario where it was a "monster" they would either be based on already used material, or a limited functionality object like babies.

That being said this is something we should keep an eye out. It's the first potential indicator for toddlers, but unfortunately as I said it could still be something completely different.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was listening to some of her work... she does have a really cute giggle. Was interesting to learn she did Lily in the Walking Dead game.
    https://youtu.be/IboGw9NWYfQ
    Some sim stuff at the end...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    So I just logged on and oh my god this thread! Ahh!
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited February 2016
    I was so happy but UGH. ARE THEY KIDDING US? i cant take this anymore.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    If she voiced toddlers and children, it seems more likely they selected her to voice children once again for Sims 4. I'm certain this has nothing to do with toddlers (just like every previous toddler speculation).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    If she voiced toddlers and children, it seems more likely they selected her to voice children once again for Sims 4. I'm certain this has nothing to do with toddlers (just like every previous toddler speculation).
    Earlier in the thread it was confirmed she is not voicing children.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm guessing because she said monstahs (girl needs to learn how to spell) she must have been working on a new lifestate.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I agree, it make sense to have her voice-over the children in the game. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility of toddlers just yet since she has voice-over toddlers too in The Sims before.

• Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Could "monstahs" refer to some kind of lifestate instead?
    "I got to do the cute ones" - Implies that some of them weren't cute? Also implies she actually did rather than just helped.
    ETA: Also, in previous iterations, weren't there imaginary monsters (under the bed)? Could they possibly expand on this by giving them voice/form in the future (Monsters Inc. style)?

Monsters under the bed would be a fun life state for children to discover which would also imply a generations EP
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    She's already confirmed she's not voicing toddlers on twitter. No reason to get hyped any more.

well that was a good 5 minutes of hype :(
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    I'm guessing because she said monstahs (girl needs to learn how to spell) she must have been working on a new lifestate.

monstah = Slang for "monster."
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    OP should update thread title. A lot of people haven't read the entire thread.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    omg omg omg *faints*
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options

I'm not a fan.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

I'm not a fan.

Of slang or monsters? :D
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    LOL.. well at least we know she does good voices. Monsta kids confirmed? Okay teasing ;)...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,014 Member
    This is the first thing I've seen or heard that actually gives me a little hope. I miss my toddlers so much. It's frustrating to play without them. I honestly feel that I'm just "playing at" the game while I'm waiting for toddlers instead of fully enjoying Sims 4.

I'm right there with you. I'm just "playing at" the game, too. I'm beginning to think that's a large part of my hesitation whenever I desire to play Sims. I just don't power up the game every day. Even with my love/hate relationship with Sims3, I still played it daily.

And while I do like Sims4, and I have fun whenever I do power it up, this could very well be the root cause of my reticence. It's like I'm just waiting. Stuck in neutral. While I won't allow myself to get giddy about this 'hint' if that's what it can be called, I still maintain hope that one day (perhaps not too long from now) EA will surprise us with that return of the age stage they yanked at the last minute.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    "On top of that, he provides voices for all the original cats on the Catz virtual pet program" - Said in the wiki for Roger L. Jackson... they could very well be voicing animals in the game ?
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Mm an ingteresting development. Hope it's not vapor hype.
  • Options
    This is the first thing I've seen or heard that actually gives me a little hope. I miss my toddlers so much. It's frustrating to play without them. I honestly feel that I'm just "playing at" the game while I'm waiting for toddlers instead of fully enjoying Sims 4.

I'm right there with you. I'm just "playing at" the game, too. I'm beginning to think that's a large part of my hesitation whenever I desire to play Sims. I just don't power up the game every day. Even with my love/hate relationship with Sims3, I still played it daily.

And while I do like Sims4, and I have fun whenever I do power it up, this could very well be the root cause of my reticence. It's like I'm just waiting. Stuck in neutral. While I won't allow myself to get giddy about this 'hint' if that's what it can be called, I still maintain hope that one day (perhaps not too long from now) EA will surprise us with that return of the age stage they yanked at the last minute.

I completely understand. I could play 2 or 3 for so many hours that I could lose myself and not even know the time. I'm not one of those who miss toddlers but I miss so many other things. I tried again just the other day.....downloaded a house from the gallery....made a Sim....started the game and after about 20 minutes I shut it down.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Dont some people call their children little monsters though??
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

It could be kids but she did tweet no toddlers.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member

It could be kids but she did tweet no toddlers.

Even if it's not toddlers, it can't be kids, they already have a VA for kids.

tenor.gif